Tracking Media Traffic w/o kw (T202)

by Frency
12 replies
Wondering if anyone can help on how to set up Tracking202 to track MediaTraffic targeted urls (no keywords). Want to track traffic coming thru the pop-overs/unders.

Again, not using keywords, so this is where it's tricky, but evidently can be done with T202.

Here's the set up to track:

4 phases to this sale process using pop-up creatives with Media Traffic.
1. The targeted url where the creative pops up (or under)
2. Click thru the pop up and go to my Landing Page
3. Landing Page to the Offer page
4. Sale from the Offer page

The main thing to track is where the sales are coming from - which URLs.

Does anyone have experience doing this with T202. (or even HyperTracker???)

Thanks much!
#media #mediatraffic #t202 #tracking #traffic #urls only #w or o
  • Profile picture of the author Roman8389
    I don't use LPs with CPV, but what you're talking about is actually really easy with Prosper/Tracking202.

I assume that you know how to enter your campaigns and landing pages into Prosper. If not, the documentation is helpful with this. Once you've entered everything in, go to "Get Links" and choose the link that you need (either simple or advanced LP). Copy the link it gives you and put that as your destination in the Media Traffic campaign. Hit submit, and once it displays your destination URL, hit "Modify" and a menu will drop down. Check the box for "target pass-through." Test it to make sure it loads OK, then save and you're done. MT will pass the URL that triggered the view to Prosper, and Prosper will track things with your LP after that. You don't have to put any macros on the end of the Prosper link.

I'm using Prosper (self-hosted) with Media Traffic and it's working perfectly for me.

If you ever use Ad-on Network or Traffic Vance, here are the pass-through macros that you put onto the end of the Prosper link:

Adon: SEARCHTEXT (all caps)

TV: %%$KEYWORD%% (all caps)

So if you were using Adon for example, your Prosper link would end with "kw=SEARCHTEXT"

Hope that all makes sense.

Brad
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1427430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frency
      Thanks for the input.

Roman8389, I am using T202 (their server), so basically once I get the new destination url from T202 (simple or advanced LP), put that into my Pop-up creative, give that to MT, turn on "target pass-through" at MT -- I should be done. Correct?

This will track all the way thru my creative, to my LP and to my offers (either offer if I have "advanced") --- and it will then track where the sales originated in terms of which urls. Do I have this right?

How do you track the various bid prices you're paying for with your different urls? It looks like T202 will only allow for one bid price per entry...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1428020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajuthan
    Use your direct tracking link from prosper/tracking202 and enable the keyword pass through on media traffic and it will works for keywords and urls
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1427556].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roman8389
    Sounds like you got it right as far as the setup goes.

Unfortunately, since Prosper wasn't designed for CPV, it doesn't have a feature to track the CPV of each individual URL, only the campaign as a whole. What I do is I find the URL with the highest CPV in my campaign and use that as the number for Prosper. That way I know I'm not getting a worse ROI than I think, but sometimes I'll actually have a higher ROI.

Brad

PS - When I say "Prosper" I'm referring to the program as a whole; it's the same whether you use Prosper or Tracking202.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1428548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frency
      Thanks, Brad, for your help. I have also heard that some Media Traffic users track with Hyper Tracker which seems more suited for MT. Anyone out there have experience with HT on Media Traffic?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1439336].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Robyn8243
        Frency:

When it comes to PPV/CPV traffic keywords and urls (that you choose as targets) are essentially the same thing.

You can use Tracking/Prosper202 to track this type of traffic...you just need to activate keyword passthrough in whatever ad network you are using. According to the tutorials at Tracking202/Prosper202 Media Traffic offers automatic keyword passthrough.

I am not sure if that is something that changed since they put their tutorials together, but I experienced the same issue as you. It is not automatic.

With Media Traffic, you need to activate keyword passthrough.

I am not sure if there is a way to do this when setting up your campaigns, but you can choose this option by editing your campaigns.

You need to first put a check mark next to the destination url and then click on modify.

You will then see "advanced features" and one of the choices which you need to choose is:
        target passthrough.

MediaTraffic, IMHO, does not make anything simple.

Hope this helps,

Robyn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1439492].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author davemiz
          how would you track your own offers via CPM (like using Facebook)?

having a little problem with this.... want to track each ad to know which ones are working...
          Signature

“Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
          ― Dalai Lama XIV

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1440790].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Robyn8243
            I have never personally used Facebook for traffic, but I don't see why you could not use tracking/prosper202. You would just set up a specific tracking url through whichever system you use.

Tracking202 is very easy to use. They provide excellent newbie friendly tutorials.

Robyn
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1441818].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author davemiz
              ummm.... yeah, thanks robyn. lol :-)

obviously you're setting up a specific tracking url, thats common sense silly, (its a tracking app).... but theres nothing in there for cpm... only cpc and i think cpv.
              Signature

“Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
              ― Dalai Lama XIV

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1442125].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author hamzuz
                Greetings,

This is a new code from trackin202/prosper202 for rotating offers with KW/URLs passing through tested with MediaTraffic offers.

You can find the original post here:
                hxxp://prosper.tracking202.com/scripts/split-testing-landing-pages/#c-1265
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                Here is the php code:

<?
                //Tracking202 Pro Custom Landing Page Script

$parsed_url = @parse_url('hxxp://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

$query = $parsed_url['query'];

//landing pages filenames, theses will be rotated between eachother

//theses landing pages must be in the same DIRECTORY as this file

//you can add as many landing pages here as you like

//this includes all of the get urls

$landingpage[1] = '/lp1/index.php?' . $query;

$landingpage[2] = '/lp2/index.php?' . $query;

//this is the text file, which will be stored in the same directory as this file,

//count.txt needs to be CHMOD to 777, full privlledges, to read and write to it.

$myFile = "count.txt";

//open the txt file

$fh = @fopen($myFile, 'r');

$lpNumber = @fread($fh, 5);

@fclose($fh);

//see which landing page is next in line to be shown.

if ($lpNumber >= count($landingpage)) {

$lpNumber = 1;

} else {

$lpNumber = $lpNumber + 1;

}

//write to the txt file.

$fh = fopen($myFile, 'w') or die("can't open file");

$stringData = $lpNumber . "\n";

fwrite($fh, $stringData);

fclose($fh);

//redirect to the landing page

header('location: ' . $landingpage[$lpNumber]);
                ?>

-------------------------------------------------------
                Change the red in the code hxxp:// into ht tp://

If you find this info helpful feel free to hit Thanks Button.
                Good Luck !
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1704130].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author affiliateva
                  Hi Guys,

Good day. I hope you're doing good. I have a quick question about tracking.

If I have a tracking platform that generated my “UNIQUE LINK” like this one:

http://*********.go2cloud.org/aff_c?...12&aff_id=1042&sub_id=TARGET

and I need to pass your TARGET_PASSTHROUGH to my link’s &SUB_ID variable … how do I do that?

Also If I setup the pixel below as a POSTBACK URL to fire when ever a customer makes a “call” from one of our pop-up ads … would MediaTraffic platform track the conversion?

http://www.mediatraffic.com/roi.php?m=p&iadv=109513

Your answers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your day.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9632374].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
            Originally Posted by davemiz View Post

how would you track your own offers via CPM (like using Facebook)?

having a little problem with this.... want to track each ad to know which ones are working...
            Just use a different subid for each ad (eg. ad1, ad2, ad3, etc)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9633899].message }}

Trending Topics