Discripencies in T202

5 replies
Do you have clicks different between Tracking 202 and your CPA network ??
Yesterday,

I have 17clicks registered in Tracking 202, but in my CPA account only 10clicks. Which is quite annoying to me.

So do you think that 7 clicks didnt send through to the offer? In other words, I lost 7 clicks. I think.

I have 4 aff-links rotating in my landing page with tracking 202.

Code:
<?php 
$urls = array("redirect.tracking202.com/lp/xxxxx", 
              "redirect.tracking202.com/lp/yyyyyy",
              "redirect.tracking202.com/lp/zzzzzz", 
              "redirect.tracking202.com/lp/aaaaaaaa"); 
$url = $urls[array_rand($urls)]; 
header("Location: http://$url"); 
?>
You see, I have got 10 clicks registered, which means I think I have set everything up correctly I guess. But .....
#discripencies #t202
  • Profile picture of the author Filter
    Could be a few things. I know with some of the CPA networks I am with, if the geo doesn't match the offer, they don't even get redirected to a default offer, they get shown a totally blank page and no click is recorded. Another network shows a default offer but again, no click is recorded (I guess the network keeps that one!). Sounds like that is what you are getting.

Also, your CPA network or the lander could have had a server down so 202 records a click but it goes nowhere. Or, the user could have clicked out after the 202 hit but before reaching the lander. But you've had a 41% loss so I don't think it could be that.

The other posibility is a Tracking 202 meltdown which happens a hell of a lot. Buy a $2 .info domain and setup your own tracking with Prosper
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2635729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordanberg2311
    Thanks!
    regarding about geo, I dont think it's applicable as I know which country my traffic is coming from and to which offer is. So, yeah, should be fine.

So using Prosper202 will be safer to T202 in terms of downtime?
    Signature
    PM Me For Your PPC AdWords Help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2635844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Filter
    As far as a self hosted Prosper over T202, you'll be about 2,000,000,000,000% better off.

From my experience, T202 goes down multiple times an hour. Even a small campaign can cost you big time if your redirect/tracker is down. P202 only goes down if your main host goes down or you get a huge mountain of traffic on a shared hosting account. And maybe even more important, with P202 you don't have your campaign data stored on someone elses server (T202, Bevo, hint hint).

It literally takes 5 mins and about $2 to setup a Prosper server. It's by no means perfect and you need to work it to get the results you want, but it cost zilch, nada, nothing.

If you need a hand, give me a yell. More than happy to help you out as it can be a bit confusing to set it up the first time.

Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2636641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author indexphp
    you say you are using a landing page... 100% of the people who land won't click through to the actual offer. That is the landing page CTR metric
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2638701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jordanberg2311
    indexphp,

I guess you are missing my point here =).

Once ppl click on 'Call to Action' button on my landingpage, the click suppose to be register to T202 AND CPA Network at the same time.

Strictly speaking, they suppose to have the same clicks count and conversion count, regardless they convert or not.

In my case I have more clicks registered in T202 than my CPA. Which means, T202 not able to redirect my clicks to offerpage.

No worries now, I've got Prosper202 setup and It's awesome
    Signature
    PM Me For Your PPC AdWords Help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2640406].message }}

Trending Topics