Email/zip submits that pay $1-$5

Profile picture of the author CrhisD by CrhisD Posted: 11/23/2010
How are some networks able to pay $1-$5 per email submit? it seems like a lot of money to pay for one email address.
#$1$5 #email or zip #pay #submits

  • Profile picture of the author sith005
    sith005
    That's a pretty big range. The sweet spot is around the $2.00 range, with groups down around the 1.25-1.35 and some in the 2.5-3 range. 5 is a lot for sure, but I'd expect that to get lowered at some point, or for there to be a lot of scrubbing, or maybe just very tight control around who they allow to promote, etc.

    Payouts are usally linked to the difficulty in getting the visitor to complete the action required. I haven't seen any $5 e-mail submits that would be cool, but I've only been in the CPA game for a few months.
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Kenster
    As long as they can monetize on the backend of at least their payout it makes sense. One thing you have to keep in mind is that normally you dont get paid for every email though, which is why payout on simple submits is less important than other types of offers where you generally get 100% credit for all leads
  • Profile picture of the author amo992
    amo992
    Indeed,

    In one of my campaigns, I had all my leads (e-mail submits) scrubbed when I really had a conversion rate of around 30%...
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Kenster
    Originally Posted by amo992 View Post

    Indeed,

    In one of my campaigns, I had all my leads (e-mail submits) scrubbed when I really had a conversion rate of around 30%...

    Exactly, that's why its such bad practice to exclusively chase the highest payout on simple submits....yet so many do!!
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    cooler1
    Originally Posted by amo992 View Post

    Indeed,

    In one of my campaigns, I had all my leads (e-mail submits) scrubbed when I really had a conversion rate of around 30%...
    Do they scrub the lead even after the conversion has been displayed in your CPA account or does scrubbing mean the conversion doesn't take place at all?
  • Profile picture of the author Herbert S Richter
    Herbert S Richter
    If they pay you $100 to bring them 100 emails and then after a month they send out those mails promoting a certain product that sells at $40 a piece and they make 5 sales out of the 100 emails you brought thats $200....Thats 200% ROI.

    Thats how this business works and thats how they are able to pay $10 on some offers for a simple 3-field one page submit.
  • Profile picture of the author CrhisD
    CrhisD
    Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post

    If they pay you $100 to bring them 100 emails and then after a month they send out those mails promoting a certain product that sells at $40 a piece and they make 5 sales out of the 100 emails you brought thats $200....Thats 200% ROI.

    Thats how this business works and thats how they are able to pay $10 on some offers for a simple 3-field one page submit.
    It seems too vulnerable to gaming though. I mean you can easily get ten different IPs by connecting and disconnecting a dynamic IP connection. And you can get ten different email addresses just as easily...
  • Profile picture of the author Herbert S Richter
    Herbert S Richter
    Originally Posted by CrhisD View Post

    It seems too vulnerable to gaming though. I mean you can easily get ten different IPs by connecting and disconnecting a dynamic IP connection. And you can get ten different email addresses just as easily...
    NOT SO FAST!!!
    If you've ever used prosper or any other advanced tracking tool, you can see the details the Admin panel displays for each click that comes in. I mean, you can see what browser was used, IP, and other small details.

    In this case you want to have 10 leads, yes they are coming from the different IPs BUT maybe from the same browser (firefox)! That kind of traffic will get you banned the network in 0.38 seconds! LOL

    AM's are too smart for those petty loopholes and they smell such petty behavior from a mile.
  • Profile picture of the author CrhisD
    CrhisD
    Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post

    NOT SO FAST!!!
    If you've ever used prosper or any other advanced tracking tool, you can see the details the Admin panel displays for each click that comes in. I mean, you can see what browser was used, IP, and other small details.

    In this case you want to have 10 leads, yes they are coming from the different IPs BUT maybe from the same browser (firefox)! That kind of traffic will get you banned the network in 0.38 seconds! LOL

    AM's are too smart for those petty loopholes and they smell such petty behavior from a mile.
    I dunno.. you can change the signature to say anything you want, which is why I'm wondering why they pay so much. You can appear to come from any IP, with any browser.
  • Profile picture of the author InternetWriter
    InternetWriter
    Trust me, if you know anything about tracking leads or saving your ass, this won't fly anywhere.
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    badboy_Nick
    Just curious ...

    Anyone gettin rich off email/zip submits? I mean with $2.00 a lead you need to be sending a HECKUVA LOT of traffic to have a profit margin of around $200 per day. I've always found that the margins just dont offer any real room for growth and big profits. I'll stick to finance and travel for now.

    Nick
  • Profile picture of the author SledgeHammer
    SledgeHammer
    Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

    Just curious ...

    Anyone gettin rich off email/zip submits? I mean with $2.00 a lead you need to be sending a HECKUVA LOT of traffic to have a profit margin of around $200 per day. I've always found that the margins just dont offer any real room for growth and big profits. I'll stick to finance and travel for now.

    Nick
    Great advice.

    How much is the average payout for a CPA lead in the travel/finance niche ?
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    badboy_Nick
    Originally Posted by SledgeHammer View Post

    Great advice.

    How much is the average payout for a CPA lead in the travel/finance niche ?
    Well, depends who you deal with. I always go private or direct to merchant.

    I wouldnt promote/generate leads for anything less than $35/$40 a lead. Average I get about $50-$60 per lead.

    Nick
  • Profile picture of the author InternetWriter
    InternetWriter
    Promoting in any niche can be profitable, there are affiliates pushing 1000's or more per day with them.
  • Profile picture of the author badboy_Nick
    badboy_Nick
    Originally Posted by InternetWriter View Post

    Promoting in any niche can be profitable, there are affiliates pushing 1000's or more per day with them.
    That's like saying "anything's possible"

    Nick
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    williamrs
    Originally Posted by CrhisD View Post

    It seems too vulnerable to gaming though. I mean you can easily get ten different IPs by connecting and disconnecting a dynamic IP connection. And you can get ten different email addresses just as easily...
    Actually,you will need more than different IPs and email addresses to cheat on the networks.

    After submitting their emails, people are taken to a form with many fields (they sell this form to insurance and other finance companies). After filling out the form they are taken to some offers that they are supposed to complete in order to receive the gift.

    If you get 100 signups and none of them fill out the form and at least a few offers, you will get scrubbed and probably banned, since it's obvious that your driving really bad traffic.


    William
  • Profile picture of the author dave18
    dave18
    The biggest CPA email-submit I have ever seen was for $2.60 for an iphone offer from ORC. They can afford to pay this much per lead because they will ask the visitor fill out other offers to recieve the gift.
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    williamrs
    Originally Posted by dave18 View Post

    The biggest CPA email-submit I have ever seen was for $2.60 for an iphone offer from ORC. They can afford to pay this much per lead because they will ask the visitor fill out other offers to recieve the gift.
    I have already seen offers paying even a bit more, but in the finance and travel niches.


    William
  • Profile picture of the author bigg
    bigg
    scrub-a-dub-a-dub....
  • Profile picture of the author InternetWriter
    InternetWriter
    Originally Posted by badboy_Nick View Post

    That's like saying "anything's possible"

    Nick
    Hehe
    Anything is possible my friend, you just need to have a more open mind.

Related discussions