His eBay Affiliate application was rejected with the standard set of possible reasons cited below.
Can anyone shed some light on why a legitimate site would be rejected by eBay as an affiliate?
Like many other affiliate programs, eBay Partner Network has a thorough application vetting process to ensure a good fit between a potential affiliate and the goals of the network. There are a number of reasons why your eBay Partner Network application may have been declined. Some of these include:
* You are not in compliance with the eBay Partner Network Agreement and/or Code of Conduct.
* The stated website that you plan to promote us from is non-functioning or inaccessible
* The quality of your stated website is not in line with our network standards
* The information you submitted in your application (contact information and your description of how you plan to promote eBay Partner Network) is incomplete or unclear
* Your business model or stated website does not appear to be one that would attract eBay buyers (the eBay Partner Network does not currently provide commissions for bringing eBay sellers or listings to the site)
* Your business model involves re-directing traffic directly to eBay from display ad networks or paid search (no longer allowed per our Terms and Conditions)
* Your business model involves a sub-affiliate model (no longer allowed per our Terms and Conditions)