Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Ad Networks (CPM/CPL, Display, SEM)
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Hello Warriors,

Some people were contacting me asking about how to block bad traffic sources on 7search.

Here is a mini how to based on 7search traffic quality team email.

To access the blocking interface:

a. Login to your advertiser account.
b. Click on the My Account tab.
c. Click on the edit link (found next to Preferences).
d. Under Account Tools, click on the Manage SubID blocks or Manage Domain blocks link.

To use the blocking feature, you (or your webmaster) will need to add the following parameter to your tracking URLs:

###AFFID###-###RID###

So, for example, the following URL:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search

Would become:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search?aff=###AFFID###-###RID###

In order to see click-through information about the SubIDs (as well as the referring domains) which sent traffic to your account, please reference your raw server logs. When you identify a traffic source you would like to block, you can do so through the blocking interface in your 7Search account.

The ###AFFID###-###RID### tags enable you to have the ability to see the upstream source of the clicks you receive, and determine whether additional sources should be blocked.

We recommend that you should only consider blocking SubIDs or Domains that have sent your account a significant number of clicks based on your overall traffic volume and conversion ratio. For your campaigns, at least 50 clicks will suffice. Blocking traffic SubIDs or Domains without sufficient data can have a negative impact on your overall conversion ratio.

Hope that helps.


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
2Dth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: MidWest
Posts: 41
Thanks: 55
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Not a bad idea.

Will this work if i already started my campaign (4days ago)? I mean will it back date to the start of the campaign and show you from day one where the bad traffic?

LOL. i hope that make sense
2Dth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dth View Post
Not a bad idea.

Will this work if i already started my campaign (4days ago)? I mean will it back date to the start of the campaign and show you from day one where the bad traffic?

LOL. i hope that make sense
Yes, its possible. You only need to be tracking your subids or URLs from that date.


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
2Dth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: MidWest
Posts: 41
Thanks: 55
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Cool, Giving it a try right now.

Thanks for the great info.
2Dth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 10:27 PM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 115
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

but if i have gotten 300 clicks, and 1 click from each sub id - and none of the sub ids have conversions..its gonna be expensive to test it out
reigovilbiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 11:23 PM   #6
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
speedylikesKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,811
Thanks: 234
Thanked 669 Times in 481 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
Hello Warriors,

Some people were contacting me asking about how to block bad traffic sources on 7search.

Here is a mini how to based on 7search traffic quality team email.

To access the blocking interface:

a. Login to your advertiser account.
b. Click on the My Account tab.
c. Click on the edit link (found next to Preferences).
d. Under Account Tools, click on the Manage SubID blocks or Manage Domain blocks link.

To use the blocking feature, you (or your webmaster) will need to add the following parameter to your tracking URLs:

###AFFID###-###RID###

So, for example, the following URL:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search

Would become:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search?aff=###AFFID###-###RID###

In order to see click-through information about the SubIDs (as well as the referring domains) which sent traffic to your account, please reference your raw server logs. When you identify a traffic source you would like to block, you can do so through the blocking interface in your 7Search account.

The ###AFFID###-###RID### tags enable you to have the ability to see the upstream source of the clicks you receive, and determine whether additional sources should be blocked.

We recommend that you should only consider blocking SubIDs or Domains that have sent your account a significant number of clicks based on your overall traffic volume and conversion ratio. For your campaigns, at least 50 clicks will suffice. Blocking traffic SubIDs or Domains without sufficient data can have a negative impact on your overall conversion ratio.

Hope that helps.
I guess Mahmoud missed one thing that to get this facility you need to open a support ticket and ask 7search to enable sub id tracking for you.

speedylikesKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd Nov 2011, 11:25 PM   #7
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
speedylikesKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,811
Thanks: 234
Thanked 669 Times in 481 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigovilbiks View Post
but if i have gotten 300 clicks, and 1 click from each sub id - and none of the sub ids have conversions..its gonna be expensive to test it out
lol no than you have chosen bad keyword

speedylikesKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 04:13 AM   #8
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
JasonWestwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 594
Thanks: 158
Thanked 247 Times in 154 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Great stuff as always Mahmoud, I know many have struggled with 7search and the quality of traffic, hopefully this will enable a few warriors to turn some negative or break even campaigns into profitable ones.

Cheers

JOIN THE CPA FREEDOM BOOTCAMP!!!!

Everything you need to know about making money with CPA!!

JasonWestwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 06:42 AM   #9
Mr. Space
War Room Member
 
Royce Space's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Posts: 488
Thanks: 125
Thanked 110 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
Hello Warriors,

Some people were contacting me asking about how to block bad traffic sources on 7search.

Here is a mini how to based on 7search traffic quality team email.

To access the blocking interface:

a. Login to your advertiser account.
b. Click on the My Account tab.
c. Click on the edit link (found next to Preferences).
d. Under Account Tools, click on the Manage SubID blocks or Manage Domain blocks link.

To use the blocking feature, you (or your webmaster) will need to add the following parameter to your tracking URLs:

###AFFID###-###RID###

So, for example, the following URL:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search

Would become:

http://www. yourwebsite.com/search?aff=###AFFID###-###RID###

In order to see click-through information about the SubIDs (as well as the referring domains) which sent traffic to your account, please reference your raw server logs. When you identify a traffic source you would like to block, you can do so through the blocking interface in your 7Search account.

The ###AFFID###-###RID### tags enable you to have the ability to see the upstream source of the clicks you receive, and determine whether additional sources should be blocked.

We recommend that you should only consider blocking SubIDs or Domains that have sent your account a significant number of clicks based on your overall traffic volume and conversion ratio. For your campaigns, at least 50 clicks will suffice. Blocking traffic SubIDs or Domains without sufficient data can have a negative impact on your overall conversion ratio.

Hope that helps.
This is very similar to gauher chaudhry 7 search tutorials.

Royce Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 07:49 AM   #10
Advanced Warrior
 
jordanberg2311's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 623
Thanks: 3
Thanked 89 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

yeaps, Gauher mentioned that before.

After collecting so many AFFID...and weeding them ..I almost weed the entire network out lol
jordanberg2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 08:13 AM   #11
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

A great idea u have provided to the community. I would really test it. If works, Thanks......
writersforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
2Dth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: MidWest
Posts: 41
Thanks: 55
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Worked great for me...

But one Newbie question. Should i weed this out, 440 clicks - only 2 lead?
2Dth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 10:51 AM   #13
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dth View Post
Worked great for me...

But one Newbie question. Should i weed this out, 440 clicks - only 2 lead?
Could you please give some more info? 440 clicks from same keyword? 440 clicks from same source? How about the cost of the clicks and the payout of the offer?


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 11:07 AM   #14
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
2Dth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: MidWest
Posts: 41
Thanks: 55
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Sorry about that.
Yeah, 440 clicks on one keyword. Cost of the clicks .o5, and the payout offer is 2.60
2Dth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 11:37 AM   #15
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dth View Post
Sorry about that.
Yeah, 440 clicks on one keyword. Cost of the clicks .o5, and the payout offer is 2.60
Try to optimize your ad copy and block any source that have sent 50 none converted clicks and above.

Use exact or phrase match instead of broad match.

Create 2 more ad copies with same keywords, and see which converts better.

Rotate offers, Test same campaign from other network to see if it converts better.

Hope that helps


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 12:59 PM   #16
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
aniebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 285
Thanks: 26
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

This is great stuff - thank you! I really like your input on the 440 clicks/2 leads question - I wonder the same thing a lot of times -

It's helpful to hear your process on what to do next.

One question - how do I do this since I'm direct linking:

"In order to see click-through information about the SubIDs (as well as the referring domains) which sent traffic to your account, please reference your raw server logs."

Thank you again!
aniebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 01:10 PM   #17
PowerhouseAffiliate.com
War Room Member
 
Joey Babbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 432
Thanks: 37
Thanked 172 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Does anyone know how to do this with tracking202 link?

Example.....is it?

hxxp://xxxxxxxxxx.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202idxxxx&t202kw=
###AFFID###-###RID######KEYWORD###

which would result in a bunch of numbers then the keyword in your T202 results....

is there an easier way?

IS YOUR CPA NETWORK GONNA SHUT DOWN? JOIN A NETWORK YOU CAN TRUST MORE THAN A BANK! JOIN HERE
Joey Babbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 04:22 PM   #18
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
2Dth's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: MidWest
Posts: 41
Thanks: 55
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
Try to optimize your ad copy and block any source that have sent 50 none converted clicks and above.

Use exact or phrase match instead of broad match.

Create 2 more ad copies with same keywords, and see which converts better.

Rotate offers, Test same campaign from other network to see if it converts better.

Hope that helps
Thanks Mahmoud Selman. This really helped out a lot. This was really understandable and easy to use.
2Dth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd Nov 2011, 07:35 PM   #19
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 115
Thanks: 23
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Basically you spend as much money on weeding out bad ids and testing on 7search as you might do the same in adwords, pof or fb, but much less testing because bigger networks have higher conversion rate.
reigovilbiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th Nov 2011, 06:04 AM   #20
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfortunes View Post
Does anyone know how to do this with tracking202 link?

Example.....is it?

hxxp://xxxxxxxxxx.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202idxxxx&t202kw=
###AFFID###-###RID######KEYWORD###

which would result in a bunch of numbers then the keyword in your T202 results....

is there an easier way?
Since you are using P202, you will be able to see the domains sending the traffic to you so just block the URL's that you don't want. Track only the keywords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dth View Post
Thanks Mahmoud Selman. This really helped out a lot. This was really understandable and easy to use.
You are welcome. I am glad I could help

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigovilbiks View Post
Basically you spend as much money on weeding out bad ids and testing on 7search as you might do the same in adwords, pof or fb, but much less testing because bigger networks have higher conversion rate.
Hello Reigo,

Testing on FB, POF and adwords is way much more expensive than testing on 7search.

So for someone with tiny or low budget, its way better to start learning PPC with a platform that provide penny clicks like 7search.


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st Dec 2011, 10:08 PM   #21
dream maker
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: hang zhou
Posts: 70
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

i am just going to use 7search. usesful post

coach, i am waiting for you.Never mind to pm me by skype. i am doing cpalead.
zlc000190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th Dec 2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 43
Thanks: 52
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Hello Mahmoud,

Thanks your detailed explanation. It is really very useful.
But the point is that its still difficult to find which domains to block..

In one of my cases, I had started about 4/5 campaigns with almost 4 to 500 clicks and no conversions.

This could mean I could block almost all of the domains for these clicks as they did not result into conversions..

Prosper202 gives all the information about domains, but weeding out the bad ones is still quite a random decision..

How do we know which domains are really bad and which are not converting though being good.

Its quite tricky judgement, right? Is there a pattern in domain names which one should look for ?

Thanks
warrior55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 01:42 AM   #23
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Has anyone had great success using these smaller networks like 7search?
jgd4js is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 05:58 AM   #24
HyperActive Warrior
 
TheMarketingMadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Western Pennsyl-tuckey
Posts: 265
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

is there a list anywhere of the bad domains that send crap traffic....?
TheMarketingMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 07:03 AM   #25
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarketingMadman View Post
is there a list anywhere of the bad domains that send crap traffic....?
No there is no list. You need to track the publishers ID's or URL's using the right variables to be able to block this sources.


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 07:05 AM   #26
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior55 View Post
Hello Mahmoud,

Thanks your detailed explanation. It is really very useful.
But the point is that its still difficult to find which domains to block..

In one of my cases, I had started about 4/5 campaigns with almost 4 to 500 clicks and no conversions.

This could mean I could block almost all of the domains for these clicks as they did not result into conversions..

Prosper202 gives all the information about domains, but weeding out the bad ones is still quite a random decision..

How do we know which domains are really bad and which are not converting though being good.

Its quite tricky judgement, right? Is there a pattern in domain names which one should look for ?

Thanks
If you notice a domain name that have sent you 40-50 none converted clicks then you should block that source.


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 08:46 AM   #27
7Search Biz Dev
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

It is very important that advertisers are blocking the sources of traffic which are sending more than 75 clicks before considering blocking them. If you have questions you can always reach out to me.
7SearchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th Dec 2011, 11:54 AM   #28
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
warfore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 272
Thanks: 124
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Tracking is the key. You can use Prosper202 but if you have any technical questions then you are on your own because it lacks support (unless you pay $350/hr and someone will answer your issues).

If you are going to pay $350 for them to consult then you are better off with a paid tracking system software like CPVLab (they have great support). It tracks everything in detail.

If you have CPVLab and you are using 7search then just download a csv file for your campaign and insert a MS Excel Pivot table. It will point our the guilty parties quickly and you can block their affiliate ids or their domains. It works well for me. Hope this helps.

BTW you can set up CPVLab to alert you when your campaign hits certain low performance parameters automatically. I have not used that part yet.

Regards,

Tony
warfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th Dec 2011, 05:20 PM   #29
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfortunes View Post
Does anyone know how to do this with tracking202 link?

Example.....is it?

which would result in a bunch of numbers then the keyword in your T202 results....

is there an easier way?
I'm trying to figure this out too and I think I have it working. You use the custom tag in Prosper202.

It will look something like this:

hxxp://xxxxxxxxxx.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=xxxxxx&c1=###AFFID###-###RID###&t202kw=###KEYWORD###

When you set-up your campaign, you add in the affid=[[c1]] into the affiliate URL. You then have the ability to generate a report in Group Overview (under Overview tab) by grouping by c1.
ppc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th Dec 2011, 09:07 PM   #30
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
If you notice a domain name that have sent you 40-50 none converted clicks then you should block that source.

I interested to use a 7search fpr my cpa offer.

But ,i have a question.

normally,for 300 click,how much the lead I can get?50,100?
for your info,the value for each click is 1.30 usd.
hazim799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 12:50 PM   #31
7Search Biz Dev
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazim799 View Post
I interested to use a 7search fpr my cpa offer.

But ,i have a question.

normally,for 300 click,how much the lead I can get?50,100?
for your info,the value for each click is 1.30 usd.
Hazim,

That number will depend on what the offer is that you are promoting. You can't really base it on a $1.30 unless you look at each keyword and see what those individual bids are. Have you created an account with us?

Brad
7SearchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 01:31 PM   #32
HyperActive Warrior
 
tylerjaysen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 415
Thanks: 3
Thanked 65 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

yeah 7search is pretty cool for fast traffic and alot of it for cheap.

I tried to do this blocking code on my account and the rep said that I needed to have more money spent with them and have account longer?..HMMM. So the option you describe above is not available in my account, go figure.

Thanks for post though!
tylerjaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 01:37 PM   #33
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

what is 7search?
apowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 01:43 PM   #34
7Search Biz Dev
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjaysen View Post
yeah 7search is pretty cool for fast traffic and alot of it for cheap.

I tried to do this blocking code on my account and the rep said that I needed to have more money spent with them and have account longer?..HMMM. So the option you describe above is not available in my account, go figure.

Thanks for post though!
Tyler,

I would like to discuss this with you as I believe you have been misinformed by a member of our team. I can shoot over the prequalifiers for blocking subids right away. Email me at bstanley at 7search dot com. I am glad to work with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apowow View Post
what is 7search?
7Search is the largest and oldest privately owned pay per click search engine on the market. We are also the only engine with a patented technology to detect click fraud. Additionally, as I mentioned to Tyler, we give our advertisers the ability to block traffic sources. We are cost effective supplement to Adwords, Adcenter and YSM. I would be glad to have further discussions with you. Email me at the above address.

Brad
7SearchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 01:50 PM   #35
Selman.us
War Room Member
 
Mahmoud Selman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 915
Thanks: 368
Thanked 352 Times in 197 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Hello Brad,

I am so happy to see you around as usual helping out the WF members and 7search advertisers.

The service and support you and 7search team offering is great and 1st class. That's why I highly recommend 7search as PPC advertising platform.

Thank you!


>>> My CPA Marketing Blog <<<
>>> Watch My Free CPA Courses <<<
Mahmoud Selman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3rd Jan 2012, 07:37 PM   #36
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
Hello Brad,

I am so happy to see you around as usual helping out the WF members and 7search advertisers.

The service and support you and 7search team offering is great and 1st class. That's why I highly recommend 7search as PPC advertising platform.

Thank you!

how much do you spend per month with 7search?300 to 400usd?or more?
hazim799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th Jan 2012, 12:36 PM   #37
7Search Biz Dev
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 197
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud Selman View Post
Hello Brad,

I am so happy to see you around as usual helping out the WF members and 7search advertisers.

The service and support you and 7search team offering is great and 1st class. That's why I highly recommend 7search as PPC advertising platform.

Thank you!
Mahmoud,

I certainly try as much as I can to ensure the success of our clients. I want to make myself available to anyone and everyone should they have questions about 7Search.

Pleasure speaking with you always.

Brad
7SearchBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th Jan 2012, 05:37 AM   #38
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 130
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

very nice tip suleman
MN786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th Jan 2012, 07:15 PM   #39
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Anyone know how to setup CPVLab to track ###AFFID###-###RID### for 7search?
domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th Jan 2012, 12:33 PM   #40
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
warfore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 272
Thanks: 124
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by domo View Post
Anyone know how to setup CPVLab to track ###AFFID###-###RID### for 7search?
Yes, you have to use the token "&keyword=###KEYWORD###" in the main token box. For ###AFFID###-###RID### you have to check the box for "capture extra tokens" and add individually. It works well.

Regards,

Tony
warfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th Jan 2012, 11:43 PM   #41
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Thanks Tony, I got that setup and it is working well. What web host do you guys use for CPVLab?
domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 12:15 PM   #42
Let's Make 2014 Great!!
War Room Member
 
Jeff Gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 832
Thanks: 42
Thanked 96 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

A quick way to enable sub id tracking for your 7search account is to login and hit the chat button and they will do it right then. I just did it and it took less than 5 minutes.

Jeff Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 12:49 PM   #43
Active Warrior
 
fishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 47
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Can anybody share their "bad" AFFID list? So not to pay bad publishers and those who use clickbots (and they do so) during tests .
fishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 04:02 PM   #44
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
warfore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 272
Thanks: 124
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by domo View Post
Thanks Tony, I got that setup and it is working well. What web host do you guys use for CPVLab?
I use Beyond Hosting. No issues to date.

Regards,

Tony
warfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 04:04 PM   #45
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
warfore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 272
Thanks: 124
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishka View Post
Can anybody share their "bad" AFFID list? So not to pay bad publishers and those who use clickbots (and they do so) during tests .
It depends on the offer and the campaign so someone's bad AFFID may be appropriate for them but not for you. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony
warfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 04:29 PM   #46
Active Warrior
 
fishka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 47
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfore View Post
It depends on the offer and the campaign so someone's bad AFFID may be appropriate for them but not for you. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Now I got it. I thought that they have some kind of Publishers ID so we could be able to block specific publishers from their network that provide fake clicks .

fishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th Jan 2012, 08:46 PM   #47
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Cool, Giving it a try right now.Thanks for the great info.
microsoftofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th May 2012, 06:12 PM   #48
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

a question:
These variables are used for any cpa network?
I would like to inform me, thanks
conec40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th May 2012, 08:35 PM   #49
or Sheldon, that works!
War Room Member
 
MTVida's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: WhereEverLand :)
Posts: 641
Thanks: 63
Thanked 175 Times in 137 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

Quote:
Originally Posted by conec40 View Post
a question:
These variables are used for any cpa network?
I would like to inform me, thanks
The variables are specific to advertising on 7Search, but you can see the data in any CPA network that tracks multiple subIDs. If your CPA network only tracks a single subID, you'll need a third party tracking system to collect the data.

MTVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th May 2012, 07:21 AM   #50
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How to block bad traffic sources on 7search and when

thank you very much, very friendly
conec40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Ad Networks (CPM/CPL, Display, SEM)

Bookmarks

Tags
7search, bad, block, sources, traffic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 AM.