How to setup tracking with direct linking on 7search

Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz by seriousbsnz Posted: 03/11/2012
--Update 11 March--
Thanks for the help everyone. Im getting there slowly but surely. I now am able to track subids from my peerfly account using #keyword# #rid# and #affid# however on my peerfly account im not able to see the actual site the clicks are coming from, only there affiliate ids. Can anyone help me with this one. I realized i dont need prosper just yet so im only using the sub id parameters from within peerfly
.




Can anyone please help me out here.

I have seen people talking about using prosper202 but im not understanding how to turn on conversion tracking if we are using peerflys landing pages. I saw someone said something about contacting your affiliate manager to have him place the code somewhere but can somehow help me out?

I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks
#7search #direct #linking #setup #tracking

  • Profile picture of the author JC Web
    JC Web
    With Peerfly you can place it yourself. Go to the offer page in Peerfly and click on Tools. Then click on Place Tracking Pixel. You can then put in the code 7search gives you. There are a few offers that don't have this option but the vast majority do.
  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    Originally Posted by jpr View Post

    With Peerfly you can place it yourself. Go to the offer page in Peerfly and click on Tools. Then click on Place Tracking Pixel. You can then put in the code 7search gives you. There are a few offers that don't have this option but the vast majority do.
    Could you explain this a little more please.

    Do i just take the code from 7search and place it into the tracking pixel?
    Cuz I have done that but 7search is sayin the url cannot be verified. Do i just put in my affiliate link to verify?
  • Profile picture of the author Naveen K
    Naveen K
    Check out this video by KJ
    This could help you

  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    Originally Posted by Naveen K View Post

    Check out this video by KJ
    This could help you

    How to set up Prosper 202 for directlinking to cpa offers - YouTube
    Thanks for that naveen
  • Profile picture of the author JC Web
    JC Web
    Originally Posted by seriousbsnz View Post

    Could you explain this a little more please.

    Do i just take the code from 7search and place it into the tracking pixel?
    Cuz I have done that but 7search is sayin the url cannot be verified. Do i just put in my affiliate link to verify?
    Yes, you take the code from 7search and paste it into the place pixel box and submit it. It will onlly be verified by 7search once you have had a conversion take place after placing the code. If you don't see if working, you could contact Luke at peerfly to help make sure it is getting placed correctly.
  • Profile picture of the author JC Web
    JC Web
    I see you updated your original post. In order to see referrer domains, you will need to use a 3rd party tracking program - not just the peerfly tracking or 7search reports. I use CPVLab, which shows the domains, but that is a paid tracking program so you would likely want to start off with Prosper if you are just beginning since it is free. Your original question was about conversion tracking, which is what you need the 7search pixel for, but to tie keyword and subID with referrer domain tracking, you will need a separate tracking program.
  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    Originally Posted by jpr View Post

    I see you updated your original post. In order to see referrer domains, you will need to use a 3rd party tracking program - not just the peerfly tracking or 7search reports. I use CPVLab, which shows the domains, but that is a paid tracking program so you would likely want to start off with Prosper if you are just beginning since it is free. Your original question was about conversion tracking, which is what you need the 7search pixel for, but to tie keyword and subID with referrer domain tracking, you will need a separate tracking program.
    So i need to have a third party tracking software in order to blacklist bad performing subids or can i just use their affiliate ids with the reports i get from peerfly?
  • Profile picture of the author LukePeerFly
    LukePeerFly
    Really, you don't need to see the actual pages your traffic is coming from because the affid/rid are the same thing, but without the URL. If you want to see the actual referrer though you will need to use a 3rd party tracker like Prosper (as was mentioned).
  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    Originally Posted by LukePeerFly View Post

    Really, you don't need to see the actual pages your traffic is coming from because the affid/rid are the same thing, but without the URL. If you want to see the actual referrer though you will need to use a 3rd party tracker like Prosper (as was mentioned).
    Thanks for that luke. I tried sending you an email earlier today and noticed you were out of town so i didnt want to bug you.
  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    So i will be ok then just blacklisting the aff id and rid from within 7search correct?
  • Profile picture of the author JC Web
    JC Web
    the affid/rid are the only thing you can use to block affiliates on 7search so if that is what you wanted, you do not need to know the referring url/domain.
  • Profile picture of the author seriousbsnz
    seriousbsnz
    Originally Posted by jpr View Post

    the affid/rid are the only thing you can use to block affiliates on 7search so if that is what you wanted, you do not need to know the referring url/domain.
    Awesome. Thanks jpr
  • Profile picture of the author Bevo Troy
    Bevo Troy
    If your interested, we are now accepting beta testers for the New Bevo Media tracker and it should be much easier to setup than you are use to. Ill be here personally to make sure you get whatever you need tracked. Hit me up if your interested!

    This goes for everyone else as well. We want a few good testers before we launch to public!
  • Profile picture of the author davidyair
    davidyair
    hey there troy. i just signed up to bevo media. i chatted with you the other night. Im ready to get started. I want to be a beta tester!
  • Profile picture of the author bit twiddler
    bit twiddler
    Hi Troy,
    I recently signed up at BEVO. Is the Beta Media Tracker a new device? I would be interested in jumping on board.
    Thanks, T J

    Originally Posted by Bevo Troy View Post

    If your interested, we are now accepting beta testers for the New Bevo Media tracker and it should be much easier to setup than you are use to. Ill be here personally to make sure you get whatever you need tracked. Hit me up if your interested!

    This goes for everyone else as well. We want a few good testers before we launch to public!
  • Profile picture of the author 7SearchBrad
    7SearchBrad
    Originally Posted by seriousbsnz View Post

    So i will be ok then just blacklisting the aff id and rid from within 7search correct?
    Hey there...did you get this all squared away? If not, let me know. I will try and help from the 7Search side of things and make sure you have what you need from us. bstanley at 7search dot com.
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    PPC-Coach
    The horrible part about 7search's conversion pixel is they refuse to register anything before either several weeks pass or 5 conversions actually go through. I can't get an answer as to why the delay but I'm sure there is some internal reason.

  • Profile picture of the author halloweenl
    halloweenl
    Hi 7SearchBrad,

    I just started promoting CPA at 7search recently, as told by many people I also set up propser202 at my own domain, let's say http://www.mytracking.com. Right now I am really confused about how to make it work.

    For my first campaign I didn't create landing page instead I use direct link from 7search to the affiliate offer page, say it is www.theaffiliate.com/offer123. I also use this link as destination URL at 7search. This is where I am stuck, I don't know how to pass keywords, affiliate ID and RID to prosper202 in order to track them. Should I create a page at my domain like www.mytracking.com/offer123 then use it as the destination URL at 7search? When someone click the link it will go to www.mytracking.com/offer123 along with keywords, AFFID and RID, then redirect the user to www.theaffiliate.com/offer123. I don't know, I think I'm totally wrong about this.

    Anyway, could you please tell me what I should do to set up the whole thing? Or at least how to set it up right at 7search side. I will really appreciate it if you can help me out here. Thanks in advance!

Related discussions