Go Back   WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Closed Thread
 
Share
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Warrior Member
 
Technorita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Can anyone kindly explain what a contextual link is. Is it the same as the affiliate link? And how do you ensure that the link is used for contextual traffic only?

Many thanks for some help please.

Last edited by Technorita; 12-18-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Signature off.
Technorita is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Freedom Artist
War Room Member
 
NashRyker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Thanks: 62
Thanked 77 Times in 37 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Contact Info
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Definition of a Contextual Link - A link that directs Internet users or spiders to related content on a new web page or a different location within the same web page.
NashRyker is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Warrior Member
 
Technorita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHenderson View Post
Definition of a Contextual Link - A link that directs Internet users or spiders to related content on a new web page or a different location within the same web page.
Thanks a lot for this pointer. But pray, what are spiders (!!) and how do you know to ensure that its traffic is contextual?

Still thanking you and anyone...
Technorita is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Just me
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 978
Thanks: 35
Thanked 155 Times in 57 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

What we're talking about here is having a link 'in context' with the content it's in.

So you may have an article or a blog post and you choose a keyword or phrase within it to link out to a related web page, affiliate program, sales page etc.

Spiders are just the term used for the programs search engines use to find web pages to index and they do this by following links on other web pages.

Tim
Tim Dixon is offline  
Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Warrior Member
 
Technorita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Mant thanks Tim.

Here's Your Key To IMMEDIATE Decent Income On-line .
Technorita is offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Can it also be the traffic from places like media traffic where their customers get popup ads when they goto certain sites?
lazarus4444 is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
glasshalffull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

is anybody list building with ppv?

I'm trying the typical squeeze page with a free offer to get optins. Anybody doing this? if so what's the best template/style for your initial offer that pops up? Big bright text telling them what they get and a link to the optin or a direct optin at the pop?

the pop page is generally very small so having the optin and pitch to get them to do so.......might be too little to graband keep their attention versus big and bold text/graphics telling them to goto optin. with this style there is an extra step though.

Which is the lesser of 2 evils?
glasshalffull is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Live Chat Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 35
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshalffull View Post
is anybody list building with ppv?

I'm trying the typical squeeze page with a free offer to get optins. Anybody doing this? if so what's the best template/style for your initial offer that pops up? Big bright text telling them what they get and a link to the optin or a direct optin at the pop?

the pop page is generally very small so having the optin and pitch to get them to do so.......might be too little to graband keep their attention versus big and bold text/graphics telling them to goto optin. with this style there is an extra step though.

Which is the lesser of 2 evils?
Glasshalffull,

I think you may have mis-posted...what does this have to do with Contextual Linking?
chatwithapro is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
glasshalffull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

yep, just realized.....I thought it was talking about contextual advertising........my apologies, I'll start a new thread
glasshalffull is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dixon View Post
What we're talking about here is having a link 'in context' with the content it's in.

So you may have an article or a blog post and you choose a keyword or phrase within it to link out to a related web page, affiliate program, sales page etc.

Spiders are just the term used for the programs search engines use to find web pages to index and they do this by following links on other web pages.

Tim

Firstly thanq for the way you are answering,,i will b happy if you explain this too,please tell me what is

"Name Creative for Deployment"??

"SUB ID"??
White lion is offline  
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Contextual Traffic - what is it?

New information thanks. Man is made by information. Keep it coming in.
IMWinner is offline  
Closed Thread

  WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
contextual, traffic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 AM.