Go Back   WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
 
Share
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Hello Warriors,

I created a site which was hit by recent penguin 1.1 update. The site was earning about 2K with adsense with lot of traffic. I easily get 1000 clicks/day from adsense. Till now every update even penguin 1.0 and some tweaks after that rewarded my site but now its down to 2$/day. I dont have any spam link. I never used any spun text or SeNuke to build any link. All the links are build manualy. All the articles on my site are about 1000 words long and with no spun content or copying of content. Its going down day by day. Any suggestion from fellow warriors will be appriciated. Following is the link pattern for it :-

about 95% links are do-follow.
about 40% links are of high on page pr (mostly PR 4 or greater).
about 25% links are of blog comments.
about 25% links are of forum signature links.
about 50% links are with exact money keyword.
about 50% links target inner pages.
all pages have unique 1000+ word content.
site is 6 months old, domain is 9 month old and have about 1100 links in WMT

Please if anyone have recovered form penguin or any good advice can share here i will be very greatful.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
ElMundodelExito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Flying from Florida to Italy
Posts: 285
Thanks: 48
Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

about 95% links are do-follow. NOT NATURAL, SHOULD BE 50/50
about 40% links are of high on page pr (mostly PR 4 or greater). NOT NATURAL, MUST BE 0 OR GREATER
about 25% links are of blog comments. GOOD
about 25% links are of forum signature links. NOT NATURAL AT ALL 5% MAX
about 50% links are with exact money keyword. NOT NATURAL AT ALL. NEED MORE DIVERSITY
all pages have unique 1000+ word content. GREAT!
site is 6 months old, domain is 9 month old and have about 1100 links in WMT. VERY NEW SITE,
You know now why you get penalized.
I have not been able to recover yet but I guees you could.
I hope I help
Success

I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed. And the number of times I succeed Is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep trying.
Want to enter the Spanish market? Let me build your site, graphics, articles, free consultation!. Just PM me
ElMundodelExito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 645
Thanks: 25
Thanked 119 Times in 97 Posts
Contact Info
Send a message via AIM to dmtaylor247
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMundodelExito View Post
about 95% links are do-follow. NOT NATURAL, SHOULD BE 50/50
10% Nofollow is more like it for a natural site

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMundodelExito View Post
about 25% links are of forum signature links. NOT NATURAL AT ALL 5% MAX
Again I have sites ranking #1 and over 75% of the links are from forum signatures where I have contributed to the community. Furthermore, around 70% of the links are coming from 1 ip address and domain. I don't feel there is any problem with this.

More than likely caused by other factors OP isn't aware of. It would actually be nice to see this site, can you PM it to me? I would like to see it.
dmtaylor247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Mantasmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Malta
Posts: 1,247
Thanks: 319
Thanked 387 Times in 232 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Your backlink profile screams spam, yet you say no spam links used? What?

Mantasmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #5
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 764
Thanks: 291
Thanked 256 Times in 137 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Are you sure this is even Penguin related? Check for link loss, this could be a possible source to the problem. If you using AA high PR blog comments then it could be possible your links were deleted or no-followed.
38A338DA48A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnetwork View Post
Your backlink profile screams spam, yet you say no spam links used? What?
Sorry but how is it spam ? Is any link on High PR page with low OBL is spam link for you ???
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 457
Thanks: 34
Thanked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

You were defending Google all along. Talking about having good content and Google will reward you....etc, etc.

Well, I'm curious, do you still feel the same way about Google now?
Dellco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellco View Post
You were defending Google all along. Talking about having good content and Google will reward you....etc, etc.

Well, I'm curious, do you still feel the same way about Google now?
I am still defending Google, may be i had done some wrong, once i will find it out it will be fine and i will not be punished again.I am just finding out the method to improve instead of blaming Google as i know its useless to complain about it. He is doing his job its we who have to do our job

Regarding content Yes good content is always rewarded and always will be. I had many post driving about 50% of my traffic without any single backlink created by me just because of content and still after penguin i am getting traffic on those pages not by search engine but direct or social media but its very low in comparison to Search traffic.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 457
Thanks: 34
Thanked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post
I am still defending Google, may be i had done some wrong, once i will find it out it will be fine and i will not be punished again.I am just finding out the method to improve instead of blaming Google as i know its useless to complain about it. He is doing his job its we who have to do our job
If you ask me, you have gotten the smackdown already. Just your luck of the draw.....and now it's your turn. Google does not care about your 2K or 20K site or whether it has 1000 or 10,000 words. And that's the cold truth.

With a link profile like that, you got your work cut out. And what if you find out after a few months, that your link profile is irreparable, and you submit Reconsideration Requests, one after the other, only for them to spit it back at your face....

What if your site has been your baby for years, and you poured a lot of effort and energy and time into it, and Google just trash it all one fine day, because suddenly they don't like your links......and by their definition, your "quality" site to them is nothing but spam.

Let us know how it feels then....
Dellco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #10
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellco View Post
Google does not care about your 2K or 20K site or whether it has 1000 or 10,000 words
Never said Google cares about my site, if i do good i will earn, was just asking advice from some good people not from any rustic person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellco View Post
you submit Reconsideration Requests, one after the other, only for them to spit it back at your face....
I will never send any reconsideration request its a algorithmic change they will make it right when all my mistakes are removed so it will be you who will be receiving that spit on your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellco View Post
What if your site has been your baby for years, and you poured a lot of effort and energy and time into it, and Google just trash it all one fine day, because suddenly they don't like your links......and by their definition, your "quality" site to them is nothing but spam.

Let us know how it feels then....
Yeah it is my baby indeed and will be same no matter what Google do and right now from your language i honestly feel you need to go and learn some manners at lower grades before some mods kicks your back KIDDO.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 457
Thanks: 34
Thanked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Don't worry about me. If anyone is going to laughed at here, it's going to be you

Ever heard about that karma thing? (I observed you were talking down on people in trouble a few months back....)

But if you want me to be a bit more constructive, you need to dilute your links (anchor text especially) and just hope for the best. Yes, that's all the advice anyone can give you here.

But I'm willing to bet with you, it's going to be the same months from now. And there's no telling that if you build new links, the big G is going to like it. Unless you have your own network of sites to really, really obfuscate it.... Not sure if you understand...

And of course, hope that no one builds more trashy links to your site to....who knows, take you down. Otherwise, who knows big G is not going to like it even more....
Dellco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellco View Post
Don't worry about me. If anyone is going to laughed at here, it's going to be you

Ever heard about that karma thing? (I observed you were talking down on people in trouble a few months back....)

But if you want me to be a bit more constructive, you need to dilute your links (anchor text especially) and just hope for the best. Yes, that's all the advice anyone can give you here.

But I'm willing to bet with you, it's going to be the same months from now. And there's no telling that if you build new links, the big G is going to like it. Unless you have your own network of sites to really, really obfuscate it.... Not sure if you understand...

And of course, hope that no one builds more trashy links to your site to....who knows, take you down. Otherwise, who knows big G is not going to like it even more....
Thanks for your Constructive Discussion here and one thing i too can say its not going to be same months from now.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #13
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 832
Thanks: 227
Thanked 112 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Are you now going to take down your Perfect SEO Badge?

I don't build in order to have clients. I have clients in order to build. - Ayn Rand
DPM70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #14
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM70 View Post
Are you now going to take down your Perfect SEO Badge?
LOL, i had not asked you about my profile or avatar its good for me. If you have something good to say then speak else there are thousands of threads where you can increase your post count.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #15
Truth Pursuer
War Room Member
 
Dragontech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Beautiful World
Posts: 158
Thanks: 44
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Have you checked whether those high pr links are still indexed?

If yes, there shouldn't be any problem with your backlink profile thou.

However, there may not be anything wrong on your side but Google.

Actually I've got a couple of testing sites which have the exact same backlink profile without any spam links, still one of them ridiculously got hit -150 while another still remains its front psge ranking. So there really is something that you can't even see from testing.

There are 2 things you may try thou:
1) get some high pr links (from ips you didn't have) with generic anchor, it depends on the total numbers of pr links you have in your profile thou. For example, one of my testing sites originally have about 25 page pr links and was able to recover ranking with 10 new pr page links gradually in about 20 days

2) If you have been building like 90%of the links to your homepage only, try deep linking to other inner pages. I personally haven't done a complete test on this one but it just makes sense, I mean Google can easily see where on your site people are actually browsing and the number of pages that get backlinks just shouldn't be that extreme.

Hope this helps,

Dragontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Chan View Post
Have you checked whether those high pr links are still indexed?

If yes, there shouldn't be any problem with your backlink profile thou.

However, there may not be anything wrong on your side but Google.

Actually I've got a couple of testing sites which have the exact same backlink profile without any spam links, still one of them ridiculously got hit -150 while another still remains its front psge ranking. So there really is something that you can't even see from testing.

There are 2 things you may try thou:
1) get some high pr links (from ips you didn't have) with generic anchor, it depends on the total numbers of pr links you have in your profile thou. For example, one of my testing sites originally have about 25 page pr links and was able to recover ranking with 10 new pr page links gradually in about 20 days

2) If you have been building like 90%of the links to your homepage only, try deep linking to other inner pages. I personally haven't done a complete test on this one but it just makes sense, I mean Google can easily see where on your site people are actually browsing and the number of pages that get backlinks just shouldn't be that extreme.

Hope this helps,
Thanks for your help Man, One thing i noticed was that all other tweaks before Penguin 1.1 on 15, 19 and 21 and also penguin 1.0 helped me to gain high traffic but strangely this Penguin 1.1 hit my site ! anyway i had changed the anchor text of many of my link to simple http address hope next update will help and i forgot to mention about 50% of my links are for inner pages and 50% for homepage.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
Warrior Member
 
yinkamuyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 27
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post
LOL, i had not asked you about my profile or avatar its good for me. If you have something good to say then speak else there are thousands of threads where you can increase your post count.
Hi Pbbiet, I can understand how you feel , you only wanted to know where the problems come from so that you will know how to correct it. If u have yet found the course of the problem or solution for it ,I advise you that you can contact google by them self , they are in the best position to give you details of what went wrong , I read it from someone here that he contacted them and they were very polite in answering is quetion and advise him on what to do. Well done bro.

Never give up untill you make impossibility possible.
yinkamuyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
Senior Warrior Member
 
mosthost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,789
Thanks: 134
Thanked 245 Times in 208 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

What was your bounce rate on this site? If you were earning $2K I assume it was high?
mosthost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #19
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosthost View Post
What was your bounce rate on this site? If you were earning $2K I assume it was high?
58% to 60% with average time on page arround 3 to 4 minutes for most of my pages.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #20
Senior Warrior Member
 
mosthost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,789
Thanks: 134
Thanked 245 Times in 208 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post
58% to 60% with average time on page arround 3 to 4 minutes for most of my pages.
That's pretty good. So user's weren't upset about landing there. That leaves the 'spammy backlinks.' You could be a victim of Negative SEO and the links haven't shown up yet in GWT.
mosthost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #21
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosthost View Post
That's pretty good. So user's weren't upset about landing there. That leaves the 'spammy backlinks.' You could be a victim of Negative SEO and the links haven't shown up yet in GWT.
Yes i have good engagement with users there and they share lot of my content content to social media and even comments left by them states they are happy with my content, so thats fine with me.

Chances are less that there was any negative SEO because its been around 15 days of Penguin 1.1 till now those links may have shown up in GKT.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #22
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 832
Thanks: 227
Thanked 112 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

No need for negative SEO when your backlink profile looks like that.

Quote:
about 25% links are of forum signature links
SPAM
Quote:
about 95% links are do-follow
SPAM
Quote:
about 40% links are of high on page pr
SPAM
Quote:
about 50% links are with exact money keyword
SPAM

The answers are staring you in the face - you admit to these - but you won't listen.

I don't build in order to have clients. I have clients in order to build. - Ayn Rand
DPM70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
King of Edu backlinks
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Internet
Posts: 2,838
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 99
Thanked 291 Times in 253 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Have you read my thread here Get Back Your Ranking After Penguin Slap- FAQ
Also if you need help Pm me.

masterjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #24
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM70 View Post
No need for negative SEO when your backlink profile looks like that.

SPAM
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM

The answers are staring you in the face - you admit to these - but you won't listen.
WOW! what a definition for SPAM thanks Man.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #25
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
rankinghero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 507
Thanks: 43
Thanked 118 Times in 85 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

hey buddy, let me be a bit more constructive that the other guys where

Forum links --> if they are from signature links with active users ---> remove them
Blog comments high PR ---. keep building them but without any anchor keyword, and try to do it in forums that are not auto-approved.
50% exact anchor backlinks... pretty high, you need to start link building a lot without any type of keyword.... to try to prevent this.

You need to explain exactly what type of links are:
about 40% links are of high on page pr


did you buy any links?
are they in blogrolls?


The reality is.... Google hits Adsense sites usually harder...

good luck

rankinghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #26
HyperActive Warrior
 
jewelraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 180
Thanks: 47
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

What is gone is gone mate. You have to start over. Google works in a mysterious way. All other members are providing their prediction not accurate answer. Because only google can give the accurate answer of this question. I think some of your inbound link websites are slapped by Google earlier. Now in penguin 1.1 you are on the hit list. Moreover if your earning source is mainly from Adsense, Google will always keep an eye on your site.

jewelraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #27
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

I just recieved this ((50 original content posts.......))))..I am a runner and thought it would nice to have a blog.I had the blog built by a pro.

Hello, Your blog at xxxxxxx .blog spot has been reviewed and confirmed as in violation of our Terms of Service for: SPAM. In accordance to these terms, we've removed the blog and the URL is no longer accessible. For more information, please review the following resources: Blogger Terms of Service: -The Blogger Team
fresh68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #28
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
seodecompiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

I think the first thing you should try to fix is the 50% exact anchor. If that was the problem is not even hard to fix, just get some quality links and use your domain as anchor.

Only Google knows the exact %, but after Penguin I suspect that anybody that has exact anchor above 25% should try to lower it.
seodecompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
Barry Lumsden
War Room Member
 
BarryOnline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Scotland - UK
Posts: 608
Thanks: 147
Thanked 158 Times in 107 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMundodelExito View Post
about 95% links are do-follow. NOT NATURAL, SHOULD BE 50/50
about 40% links are of high on page pr (mostly PR 4 or greater). NOT NATURAL, MUST BE 0 OR GREATER
about 25% links are of blog comments. GOOD
about 25% links are of forum signature links. NOT NATURAL AT ALL 5% MAX
about 50% links are with exact money keyword. NOT NATURAL AT ALL. NEED MORE DIVERSITY
all pages have unique 1000+ word content. GREAT!
site is 6 months old, domain is 9 month old and have about 1100 links in WMT. VERY NEW SITE,
You know now why you get penalized.
I have not been able to recover yet but I guees you could.
I hope I help
Success
This is utter nonsense!
BarryOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #30
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 645
Thanks: 25
Thanked 119 Times in 97 Posts
Contact Info
Send a message via AIM to dmtaylor247
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryOnline View Post
This is utter nonsense!
Half of the threads on this forum and are utter nonsense and if you though that was something go check out Seomoz..
dmtaylor247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #31
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Based on my sites that got hit, there's no coming back to original glory. I have managed to get a few back up to about 50-60% of what they were but I'm afraid that the domains are marked and it's not worth the time and effort at this point.

I've seen some recover but for the most part it's just not worth more than one or two weeks and few bucks. If it comes back great, if not, see below. And all these BS stats about 10% this and 50% that are all just guesstimates. Basic diviersity is necessary but I'm not sure anyone can tell you exact numbers.

Get a new domain (expired high pr in same category would be best but brand new clean one will work too), edit posts just enough to make them look and feel new and different, and start slowly building links with all the diversity you can on both keywords and link types.

And as far as your comments to other folks about their misfortune, maybe you've learned your lesson not to throw rocks when you too live in a glass house. And as far as waiting for another update to correct the problem, good luck with that.

Computer Problems? Get Help, we do it for you or you can do it yourself with our utilities! jd Computer Support
Texjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 19
Thanked 100 Times in 90 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

the only thing that i can say is the high rate of do follow links. your link building is totally ok .but Google has considered that you have paid to get those links.
I think the number of do follow links should be decreased.
don;t you use SB links? Web directories? article marketing?
these can hugely effect your site dude. Google love diversified link pattern.
marketwarrior06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
Online Preneur
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bali
Posts: 129
Thanks: 55
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbiet View Post
Hello Warriors,

I created a site which was hit by recent penguin 1.1 update. The site was earning about 2K with adsense with lot of traffic. I easily get 1000 clicks/day from adsense. Till now every update even penguin 1.0 and some tweaks after that rewarded my site but now its down to 2$/day. I dont have any spam link. I never used any spun text or SeNuke to build any link. All the links are build manualy. All the articles on my site are about 1000 words long and with no spun content or copying of content. Its going down day by day. Any suggestion from fellow warriors will be appriciated. Following is the link pattern for it :-

about 95% links are do-follow.
about 40% links are of high on page pr (mostly PR 4 or greater).
about 25% links are of blog comments.
about 25% links are of forum signature links.
about 50% links are with exact money keyword.
about 50% links target inner pages.
all pages have unique 1000+ word content.
site is 6 months old, domain is 9 month old and have about 1100 links in WMT

Please if anyone have recovered form penguin or any good advice can share here i will be very greatful.
Do you have any particular page for link exchange?


guzpra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
Web Enthusiast
 
SeoKnightsInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 381
Thanks: 44
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

I dont have any page for link exchange and neither i had any paid link all links are build manually by me none of the link is blogroll link.
SeoKnightsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #35
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

My site too was hit by Penguin on 24th April but it is slowly recovering. On 24th Apr the traffic dropped from 250 to 50 but now it is back to 100+. Ranking of keywords are now increasing. I've not done anything beyond reducing keyword density for which my site is optimized for.
raggupta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #36
Active Warrior
 
Kylie James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Contact Info
Send a message via AIM to Kylie James Send a message via Yahoo to Kylie James
Default Re: My 2K Site eaten up by Penguin 1.1 :(

Very useful thoughts already up here.. I think you should generate do follow/no follow back links and in this case don't go for numbers just build as much as you can but slowly and gradually.. Also do social bookmarking, web directories & article marketing as already mentioned above Google love diversified link pattern.
Kylie James is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
eaten, penguin, site

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 AM.