Go Back   WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
 
Share
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Squidoo is now global nofollow

The squidoo team is announcing all sorts of changes.
The biggest one is that in the next few days, all
links on all lenses will be nofollow.

Quote:
Squidoo will now apply “nofollow” markup to all outbound links.

Eventually we hope to start giving our best (and most trusted) lensmasters “follow” privileges on a case-by-case basis.
Changing Link Status On Squidoo | SquidooHQ powered by Squidoo

This is huge for anyone like me who use squidoo to the max. Oh well.
Back to the drawing board...

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

*******s. That's ok. I had moved away from Squidoo for Web 2.0s awhile ago. It's a time trap.
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

I used to say, "backlinks plus cash. Life don't get no
better'n that." Now it's just cash. Well, it still is
a traffic funneler though.

I saw this coming as the affilliate spammers and other junk
people were all complaining about lenses locked.

Easy step to eliminate some trash, but not all.

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

I knew it was coming. They've been making a ton of changes lately. Like when they stopped allowing people to transfer/gift/sell lenses. I never spammed it but I wasn't in it for the sales modules either. A ton of good content with light backlinks no crime there. Oh well, good thing they aren't the only game in town
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
The Owner
War Room Member
 
Pink Tulips008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 441
Thanks: 85
Thanked 69 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

For some reason this does not surprise me. Still a major fan of Guestblogging haha

Dont Forget To Give Thanks If I Helped You!
Pink Tulips008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Guestblogging can be just as spammy as a crappily executed Web 2.0
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
micksss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 701
Thanks: 83
Thanked 90 Times in 85 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

That's too bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the case that some of the links in squidoo were automatically made nofollow already. So now they are going full nofollow.

Web Hosting Reviews CastironHosting.com
Need a Virtual Private Server? VPSPlan.com
micksss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
The Owner
War Room Member
 
Pink Tulips008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 441
Thanks: 85
Thanked 69 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
Guestblogging can be just as spammy as a crappily executed Web 2.0
I don't know, GBing can be really good if you have legit relationships with web owners : P)

Dont Forget To Give Thanks If I Helped You!
Pink Tulips008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Of course, but to be fair it's all in the technique no? If in 3 months Google decides to arbitrarily de-index fishy guest blogging links I won't be on that thread telling you "Jeez you should have gone with Web 2.0" The Germans call that Schadenfreude and it gets no thanks
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
Killin it
War Room Member
 
dennis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 693
Thanks: 332
Thanked 191 Times in 133 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
Guestblogging can be just as spammy as a crappily executed Web 2.0
Guest blogging is highly overrated. Why would I waste my time writing content for someone else that may, or may not, get published. Even if its published theres still no guarantee youll even get a link. Not to mention you're doing all of this for free. Id rather use that content to build my own sites rather than someone elses, but if you have that much time then im always looking for free content writers.

As for Squidoo, I know a few people that will be pretty sour about this lol. The writings been on the wall for quite some time though so this shouldn't be too big of a surprise.

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
dennis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Not a big surprise. Made me money, served it's purpose, one tool in an arsenal that now is less effective, oh well right?

What are YOU building Mr. Dennis, because I kind of like that style
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis09 View Post
As for Squidoo, I know a few people that will be pretty sour about this lol. The writings been on the wall for quite some time though so this shouldn't be too big of a surprise.
I am sour about it, BUT, it's not the end of the world. I adapt.

Guestblogging, if you want to call it that. What a concept.
Let's see, I can't think of a thing to write, so I need someone
else's content. What kind of a lame blog do I have? I guestblog
somewhere. Gee. Why am I doing that? My blog's not good enough?
I need to fill up someone else's blog? With what? Leftovers? And
they're going to fill my blog with the same? I think not.

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Dynamic SEO
War Room Member
 
yukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,908
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 1,342
Thanked 5,653 Times in 3,687 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis09 View Post
Guest blogging is highly overrated. Why would I waste my time writing content for someone else that may, or may not, get published. Even if its published theres still no guarantee youll even get a link. Not to mention you're doing all of this for free. Id rather use that content to build my own sites rather than someone elses, but if you have that much time then im always looking for free content writers.

As for Squidoo, I know a few people that will be pretty sour about this lol. The writings been on the wall for quite some time though so this shouldn't be too big of a surprise.

I guess your talking from an SEO point of view?

Guest blog/pages aren't any different than any other web page on the net that gathers targeted niche traffic. If there's targeted niche traffic, I'm interested no matter what the page is called.

I have a direct competitor that's recently asked me to allow their link/s on my sites, I'm still thinking about it but one of the options I'm considering is to allow the competitor to have some unique content (not articles) posted on my domains.

The competitor gets laser targeted niche traffic (from me), I get free unique content that will last the next 20 years... I still haven't made up my mind, charge the competitor for the links, or allow them to have their unique content posted on my sites (I keep the content).

Making friends with competition isn't such a bad thing.

I had one competitor a year or so ago where I was earning $400+ per month in affiliate sales from a single sitewide link on my niche site pointing to a sales page on his site. This only happened because I talked shop for a few emails & eventually asked him If he had an affiliate program, he asked what percentage I wanted, I aimed high (first offer) & said 25%, he said ok, didn't even try to haggle on the affiliate commission per sale.

I have some different plans now, where I'm thinking about bringing in my two best quality content competition & let them each have their own Category on my site/blog, then allow maybe 10-15 blog post on the Index page of the blog/site, this way they each keep posting new unique content battling for most post on the my sites Index page. I'll feed niche traffic into this blog/site from my own established authority sites that already get consistent traffic & all have an email list.

I'm still thinking on this one, but so far I don't see how it couldn't be a win, win for everyone involved.



- yukon -


yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Well, Yukon. No reason why we can't debate that, I suppose.

Yes, perhaps, if done right. I know that Mike A. a while back
had some mythical scenario. If we're in the same niche, and
have the same PR,....it might work.

But then, I don't have enough time to put stuff on my own blogs.
I can't find the time to guestblog. And I can't say I would want
just anyone clogging up my blog. It actually might hurt as well.
Who says the content these people put up will not muck up
the works? I want full control. Now if people want to pay me
for putting an article on my sites, well, I'm all ears.

And after looking at the threads here, why guestblog? People
just steal your articles and posts...and there is no foolproof
way of knowing where and when they got the stuff to guestblog
on yours.

A win-win could quickly turn into a lose-win.

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
Dynamic SEO
War Room Member
 
yukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,908
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 1,342
Thanked 5,653 Times in 3,687 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgl View Post
Well, Yukon. No reason why we can't debate that, I suppose.

Yes, perhaps, if done right. I know that Mike A. a while back
had some mythical scenario. If we're in the same niche, and
have the same PR,....it might work.

But then, I don't have enough time to put stuff on my own blogs.
I can't find the time to guestblog. And I can't say I would want
just anyone clogging up my blog. It actually might hurt as well.
Who says the content these people put up will not muck up
the works? I want full control. Now if people want to pay me
for putting an article on my sites, well, I'm all ears.

And after looking at the threads here, why guestblog? People
just steal your articles and posts...and there is no foolproof
way of knowing where and when they got the stuff to guestblog
on yours.

A win-win could quickly turn into a lose-win.

Paul

I wouldn't allow anyone besides myself to ever post content on my domains, everything would be moderated/posted by me, which could be done whenever I wanted or when I have time to post the content. It shouldn't take long to create a page & upload any needed files.

I also wouldn't play games messing around with anyone I didn't already know in the same niche, they would have to prove their content worthy by having their own site/s showing what they have to offer.

The two competition I have in mind (one already contacted me on his own) both sell quality products, some of the best content in this niche. There's a handful of other guys in the same niche that create outstanding products of their own that might be interested, the only thing is they're not very active. This is an evergreen niche, but some of these guys create great products & sit on it for years (don't mingle on niche forums, etc...).

As far as my win, I would only agree to any of this If the content producers gave up all rights to the content they created specifically for my sites. I could create a membership site with a small monthly fee, or whatever I wanted as long as the content producers get full credit & a link back to their own site/page. If I setup the site as a paid membership site, the content producers could also be sold on proven traffic with active credit cards (presell for my content producers).

If the content producers got lazy, I could create my own content to bump them off the Index page, incentive for the other guys to create more content If I only send my existing same niche traffic to this sites Index page. I wouldn't bump old post just because I can, I would expect at least a new post once a week (at least).

Another option would be to simply charge a flat rate to allow the content producers to have their content posted on my site (basically buying traffic). The more niche traffic they want, the more pages they buy...

I realize we're probably talking about different types of quality in this thread. There's no way in H I would ever allow my sites to be a free for all like I see some guys on this forum when they post links to their own article directories (hey guys, want a free link? (lol)).

Just thinking out loud...



- yukon -


yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
Warrior Member
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

So as a bit of a noob on internet marketing, dare I ask what the next(or current) Squidoo is in terms of web 2.0 sites?
Is there another platform where the prospect of links as well as affiliate earnings are viable with good content?
aaronrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
Killin it
War Room Member
 
dennis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 693
Thanks: 332
Thanked 191 Times in 133 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
Not a big surprise. Made me money, served it's purpose, one tool in an arsenal that now is less effective, oh well right?

What are YOU building Mr. Dennis, because I kind of like that style
I build Web 2.0s out into high PR networks. Great "utility" links if you don't have a huge private network.

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
dennis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
HyperActive Warrior
 
jxam69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 403
Thanks: 71
Thanked 94 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgl View Post
The squidoo team is announcing all sorts of changes.
The biggest one is that in the next few days, all
links on all lenses will be nofollow.
I'm not surprised by this development - I track the search rankings of just over 50 lenses that compete with some of my content, and most of them took a hit in the last Panda update.

Although this is a small sample size - the ranking drops were significant, leading me to believe that Squidoo got hit hard by Google.

Those people who were thoughtlessly abusing Squidoo have messed it up for those who were thoughtfully abusing it.
jxam69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Killin it
War Room Member
 
dennis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 693
Thanks: 332
Thanked 191 Times in 133 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I wouldn't allow anyone besides myself to ever post content on my domains, everything would be moderated/posted by me, which could be done whenever I wanted or when I have time to post the content. It shouldn't take long to create a page & upload any needed files.

I also wouldn't play games messing around with anyone I didn't already know in the same niche, they would have to prove their content worthy by having their own site/s showing what they have to offer.

The two competition I have in mind (one already contacted me on his own) both sell quality products, some of the best content in this niche. There's a handful of other guys in the same niche that create outstanding products of their own that might be interested, the only thing is they're not very active. This is an evergreen niche, but some of these guys create great products & sit on it for years (don't mingle on niche forums, etc...).

As far as my win, I would only agree to any of this If the content producers gave up all rights to the content they created specifically for my sites. I could create a membership site with a small monthly fee, or whatever I wanted as long as the content producers get full credit & a link back to their own site/page. If I setup the site as a paid membership site, the content producers could also be sold on proven traffic with active credit cards (presell for my content producers).

If the content producers got lazy, I could create my own content to bump them off the Index page, incentive for the other guys to create more content If I only send my existing same niche traffic to this sites Index page. I wouldn't bump old post just because I can, I would expect at least a new post once a week (at least).

Another option would be to simply charge a flat rate to allow the content producers to have their content posted on my site (basically buying traffic). The more niche traffic they want, the more pages they buy...

I realize we're probably talking about different types of quality in this thread. There's no way in H I would ever allow my sites to be a free for all like I see some guys on this forum when they post links to their own article directories (hey guys, want a free link? (lol)).

Just thinking out loud...
I agree. The grass is definitely greener on the other side of the equation.

That would suck having to moderate all of that content though. You've basically created a job for yourself.

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
dennis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #20
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgl View Post
Well, Yukon. No reason why we can't debate that, I suppose.

Yes, perhaps, if done right. I know that Mike A. a while back
had some mythical scenario. If we're in the same niche, and
have the same PR,....it might work.
Its like a drive by shooting. You are sitting on your balcony with an omellete and a dash of some herbs and a piece of fruit with some honey wheat toast just enjoying the morning and the warmth of the sun. You glance at the tablet and BAM there is PaulGl trying to cap you.

Whats this mythical scenario this Mike A guy was talking about?

A)Mike's don't do mystical. I believe the word you were searching for was "Magical".

B) MIke A did talk three way link exchanges but thats an entirely different beast from Guest blogging.

Quote:
And after looking at the threads here, why guestblog?
If yo are going to judge guest blogging by posts here then you could count off eveything

Quote:
People
just steal your articles and posts...and there is no foolproof
way of knowing where and when they got the stuff to guestblog
on yours.
Hold up....you guys guest blog without getting that all nailed down? Yu mad.

But again just because you try and warriorforumize guest blogging doesn't mean its bad or even dangerous for those that don't warriorforumize it to its lowest state. let the warrior for hire be your guide. Got quite a few people in there trying to warriorforumize white hat link building who Google will surely kick in the rear deindexize because its black hat.


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Hahahaha Mike has Google alerts on his name. All you have to do to invoke him is say his name on WF 3 times and light a dollar bill on fire then BAM!

I like it when you talk in the third person, maybe cuz I'm Catholic.
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I wouldn't allow anyone besides myself to ever post content on my domains, everything would be moderated/posted by me, which could be done whenever I wanted or when I have time to post the content. It shouldn't take long to create a page & upload any needed files.

I also wouldn't play games messing around with anyone I didn't already know in the same niche, they would have to prove their content worthy by having their own site/s showing what they have to offer.
Thas pretty much standard guest blogging 101. I don't know where Paul got that idea from. Paul it seems to me is talking about the warriorforumize version of guest blogging which is just a code word for give me some BMR love from my 250 word article and google won't know the difference because we'll call it guest blogging.

and Google is like

Yu mad. Take that and that.


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
I like it when you talk in the third person, maybe cuz I'm Catholic.
I'm just happy you decided to skip the makeup and be your natural self. Its more authentic for marketing.

Quote:
I like it when you talk in the third person, maybe cuz I'm Catholic.
My condolences.......come out from among them and be ye separate. beware the city that sits on seven hills.


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Whats this mythical scenario this Mike A guy was talking about?

A)Mike's don't do mystical. I believe the word you were searching for was "Magical".

B) MIke A did talk three way link exchanges but thats an entirely different beast from Guest blogging.
I stand corrected. I thought the magical scenario had at least some article
writing bit in it, not just a backlink. Fade to black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
Thas pretty much standard guest blogging 101. I don't know where Paul got that idea from. Paul it seems to me is talking about the warriorforumize version of guest blogging which is just a code word for give me some BMR love from my 250 word article and google won't know the difference because we'll call it guest blogging.
Yes I am, because someone starts a thread on guestblogging, they normally start with:
"How can I find blogs to guestblog on?"
Guest Blogging - How to Find Blogs

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

@Mike The Mad Scientist Bartender: Stop fronting and hook me up with some of those jello shots cuz my weekend starts early this week and I'm buying. I promise to keep my top on lmaooooooooooooo I might just give myself an infraction for that

Edit: Y'all stop editing your posts makes me dizzy hahaha cheaters
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
Killin it
War Room Member
 
dennis09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 693
Thanks: 332
Thanked 191 Times in 133 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
But again just because you try and warriorforumize guest blogging doesn't mean its bad or even dangerous for those that don't warriorforumize it to its lowest state. let the warrior for hire be your guide. Got quite a few people in there trying to warriorforumize white hat link building who Google will surely kick in the rear deindexize because its black hat.
Personally, i wouldn't say it's bad. But of course there's the right way to do it, and then there's the warriorforum way to do it. The Warriorforum way of doing it ends up being a huge drain on time/money. Because any site really worth submitting to isn't going to want warriorforum 500 word essays. The other sites are pretty much paid link farms. There are other more effective ways of getting good links without ewhoring.

There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs
dennis09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #27
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Ok BS aside I've done some guest blogging and I've accepted guest posts but it's always been something that's come naturally from an existing relationship with a webmaster in my niche that I respect. I've never hunted for guest blogging opportunities and the vast majority of guest post pitches I get from strangers are pathetic link-begging crap. They get sent to the spam folder to rot.
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Backlink in squidoo become useless now as backlinks are nofollow !!
RogerMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #29
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMayer View Post
Backlink in squidoo become useless now as backlinks are nofollow !!
Didn't we kill this?
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #30
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgl View Post
I stand corrected. I thought the magical scenario had at least some article
writing bit in it, not just a backlink. Fade to black.
No need to fade. It probably did because the link would be in the article but its a different beast because with a three way link no one loses control. If its crap content you say no. If they decide later to yank the link theb you yank theirs. keeps em honest but only works in scenario where the owners have more than one site so its not a reciprocal link.


Quote:
Yes I am, because someone starts a thread on guestblogging, they normally start with:
"How can I find blogs to guestblog on?"
Guest Blogging - How to Find Blogs

Paul
I hear you but they also probably can't write a lick and you will see that on their site. What Yuke is talking about is a site with quality content that he knows about. Lots of the time if there is enough content on the site and they give you something to post you can know its theirs by the style of it.


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
@Mike The Mad Scientist Bartender: Stop fronting and hook me up with some of those jello shots cuz my weekend starts early this week and I'm buying.
yeah see. Protestants realize it starts early because its good friday to honor their saviour. This one is talking about getting jello shots.

Catholics - Only the pope loves em.


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
The Quan of SEO
War Room Member
 
Mike Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,355
Thanks: 910
Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeItTilYouMakeIt View Post
Didn't we kill this?
We need not feel guilty. CTR very well could have brought it down all by herself. She is more than capable. MikeF will back me up on that

(lets see if he has google alerts too)


AFFORDABLE REAL WHITE HAT LINKBUILDING HAS ARRIVED
LEARN IT OR HAVE IT DONE FOR YOU

Mike Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
Banned
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Front Line
Posts: 242
Thanks: 160
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post
yeah see. Protestants realize it starts early because its good friday to honor their saviour. This one is talking about getting jello shots.

Catholics - Only the pope loves em.

Never said I was a good Catholic, what the Pope don't know won't make him quit his job. LMAO @ anyone deciding "I'm so over being the earth's direct line to God, I want to play golf damnit"
FakeItTilYouMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #34
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Is worth to join squidoo now or hubpages?
RogerMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #35
Ninja
Registered Member
 
Hansons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 861
Thanks: 9
Thanked 53 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Hubpages is good, my four pages out of 9 are ranking on first page of Google!

Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me
Hansons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #36
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 115
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

bad news for me...

codingku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #37
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 264
Thanks: 3
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Personally I welcome this decision. :-)

challanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMayer View Post
Is worth to join squidoo now or hubpages?
You said above that Squidoo is worthless for backlinks, so I guess that leaves you with Hubpages.
wpxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Squidoo is now no follow for all of their links as of today so it's useless for backlinks anymore. As far as bannning lenses, they are banning them left and right. Google killed their traffic so they are in a total panic mode now and a lot of people are leaving and getting their accounts deleted as well.
RogerMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #40
Fact: bears eat beets!
War Room Member
 
gearmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,443
Thanks: 10
Thanked 152 Times in 123 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Self hosted blogs are the best way to go.

My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.
gearmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
HyperActive Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 249
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMayer View Post
Is worth to join squidoo now or hubpages?
Good luck getting a dofollow link from Hubpages. It's not easy!
trade4861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #42
Internet Warrior
War Room Member
 
MrMonetize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 560
Thanks: 66
Thanked 123 Times in 106 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

I only used Squidoo as a buffer to any money sites, but it looks like I'll not bother anymore. Personally I think the site's rubbish. Below is quick screenshot of the sites Alexa ranking from the last six months. The traffic the site receives is dying which is why they are trying to rescue it with all of the recent changes. Something is clearly wrong there.

MrMonetize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #43
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

the curve is impressive I doubt squidoo will dofollow again.
RogerMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #44
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

I still see many lenses ranking on page 1 so I am a bit surprised to see the Alexa graph. It looks like they've been hurting for a while now and I guess that's why they felt they needed to take some drastic steps to keep the ship from sinking.
wpxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #45
HyperActive Warrior
 
tech84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Behind you
Posts: 363
Thanks: 31
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMayer View Post
the curve is impressive I doubt squidoo will dofollow again.
impressive indeed, like how probably you were on the fence on whose celebrity names to combine to create a new account. hmmmmm Roger Federrer or John Mayer?
tech84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #46
˙·٠•●•Kay Tee•●•٠·˙
War Room Member
 
kaytav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PR6-PR1 Contextual Posts Available
Posts: 1,762
Thanks: 57
Thanked 109 Times in 107 Posts
Social Networking View Member's FaceBook Profile  View Member's Twitter Profile  View Member's YouTube Profile
Contact Info
Send a message via MSN to kaytav Send a message via Yahoo to kaytav
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

It's still good for the traffic and still a lot of people will have the benefit from Squidoo.

kaytav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #47
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 112
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

But nofollow is a big impact, as marketers like us won't use squidoo to build backlinks again. And squidoo will lose marketers like us.
RogerMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
Plundering the Web
War Room Member
 
paulgl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: , , .
Posts: 7,321
Thanks: 1,310
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,523 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearmonkey View Post
Self hosted blogs are the best way to go.
You mean until your host shuts you down? Or google de-indexes you?

Why do people have this fear....

A thought occurred to me about squidoo. Literally millions of backlinks
are gone in one fell swoop. Squidoo had many options instead of
global nofollow.

Just read somewhere that this guy is going to override squidoo. He's
going to make all his links "dofollow." That is too funny. But, how many
of you believe there is a "dofollow"? Many. Like the Easter Bunny,
it doesn't not exist.

Paul

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
paulgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #49
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 58
Thanks: 6
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgl View Post
Like the Easter Bunny, it doesn't not exist.

Paul
Now I'm confused. I thought the Easter Bunny didn't not exist...

About squidoo: I think that they will never recover from this fall no matter if they choose do follow or no follow. They had become too powerful for their own good. (yes, it's a conspiracy theory, I love those!)
dkla27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #50
Advanced Warrior
 
Backlinko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Traveling
Posts: 631
Thanks: 202
Thanked 316 Times in 153 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: Squidoo is now global nofollow

It goes to show that you can never rely on one traffic/link building/product/monetization/blog/website. You have to diversify as much as you can without diluting your efforts.

That being said, this is a shitty move by Squidoo.

I mean, their really biting the hand that feeds them...

People worked their tails off posting content and building links to their lenses.

And they're going to burn them all of a sudden?

Backlinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Adsense / PPC / SEO Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
global, nofollow, squidoo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.