|27th Aug 2011, 01:18 AM||#1|
War Room Member
Join Date: 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Blog Entries: 13
Thanked 163 Times in 114 Posts
Make Money with Your Own Craft Blog
Are you a talented person who enjoys making stunning crafts for yourself and other people? Do you like sharing how you do this with others? Then an online crafting blog might be perfect for you!
Blogs are like online journals and they can be set up easily in minutes via the use of such free applications like Blogger.com or Wordpress.org. By choosing an adaptable and colorful template ("How to Start a Craft or Scrapbooking Blog Business from Home - Just Add Sweat Guide will show you exactly how to do it), a craft blog can be used to display:
· Pictures. Post enticing, beautiful pictures of the crafts you make to show others what you can do. You may want to include “before and after” pictures if you are using common household things or re-purposing other items to make your crafts. Use a high quality camera to capture the true beauty of your crafts.
· Descriptions. Explain to your blog readers what they are looking at, what materials were used and where they can get more information about the crafts. Use names for the materials used, colors, sizes and shapes. This helps your readers duplicate the crafts more easily and give search engines more opportunity to send visitors to your site as people may search for the various words you mention.
· How to. It’s a greatl idea to include a “How to” for some of your more popular or intricate crafts. This lets your blog readers learn how they can make their own version of the crafts you have on displayy, for personal enjoyment or gift-giving. If you have a unique, you can patent it and sell the instructions at a small cost to the reader.
· Materials Needed. Provide a list of what materials were used to make the crafts on your blog. That tells the viewer what went into the crafting of each piece, what they will need to make their own and where they can find the materials to do so. You need to give a thorough description of each material, measurements and amounts needed.
· Selling crafts. Offer certain items for sale on your blog. It is one of the best ways to see a return on your time investment with crafting. You can also offer custom made items to others. Holidays and birthdays are great times for your visitors to purchase your crafts. You can sell them directly on the blog or include a link to outside auction sites like eBay.com or Etsy.com. You can also sell patterns, advertising space on your website and more.
Crafting takes a lot of time, patience and talent, but blogging about it will help you take it to the next level by promoting your special skills and increasing awareness of what you can do.
Recommended Additional Resource:
To learn the step-by-step details of how to set up your blog and to get advice on creating a craft blog that people love, talk about and come back to over and over again, grab"How to Start a Craft or Scrapbooking Blog Business from Home Add Sweat Guide to Start a Craft Blog. You’ll also learn how to get traffic to your blog and make money doing something you enjoy.
|blog, craft, make, money|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|