What to write for Fashio Ecommerce Description?

by mahol 10 replies
Hey guys,
I am starting my brand new e-commerce portal which will be selling "Jewellery".

As per brian dean (founder of BACKLINKO) we should also optimize our e-commerce pages with 1000+ of valuable content.

So my question is what to write in description for my products?

As of I am starting now I want your valuable suggestions for this.
#copywriting #description #ecommerce #fashio #write
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author tytonmedia
    You want to incorporate keywords you want to rank your product for in Google as well as valuable content that will bring in visitors and convert them into customers.

    Write descriptions that are 500+ words
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10987345].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mahol
    @tytonmedia Thank you for the advice but still its not clear. I know regular white hat SEO well, but want to know about this stuff.
    How other peoples are doing Ecommerce SEO, plugins they use etc....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10987402].message }}
  • Joolz dangled deeper than flesh
    make me feel kinda sumptuous spesh.

    Wanna kiss on their sparkle all wanton,
    demand smoochieflaunty 2 jaunt on.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10987735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mahol
    @Princess Balestra didnt understand a single word on what you said.
    cant you be simple?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10987996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Check out J Peterman's catalogue. Here's a sample, for a shirt: Singularity Shirt | The J. Peterman Company.

    You just add the SEO to it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10988626].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Originally Posted by mahol View Post

    As per brian dean (founder of BACKLINKO) we should also optimize our e-commerce pages with 1000+ of valuable content.

    So my question is what to write in description for my products?
    Hi maholm,

    Such bad advice,

    People that know nothing of marketing should not be advising others.

    Please forget the nonsense that he and other non-marketers spew to sell their snake oil products.

    There is an optimal amount of content for each situation, it's not an arbitrary 1000+ words. That is just a bunch of hooey.

    Users prefer precise and accurate product descriptions, in some cases with a highly complex product, you may need to list a bunch of features and details, in other cases the product is not that complex and trying to stretch a description to fit an arbitrary length can be very harmful.

    Do what makes sense for your users, don't blindly follow a blind fool.

    HTH,

    Don Burk
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10988658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mahol
      Do you even know who Brian dean is..
      I am not saying we should follow evrything what big players says, but I know brin deal very well.
      His suggestions are always good and worked for thousands of people.
      Originally Posted by dburk View Post

      Hi maholm,

      Such bad advice,

      People that know nothing of marketing should not be advising others.

      Please forget the nonsense that he and other non-marketers spew to sell their snake oil products.

      There is an optimal amount of content for each situation, it's not an arbitrary 1000+ words. That is just a bunch of hooey.

      Users prefer precise and accurate product descriptions, in some cases with a highly complex product, you may need to list a bunch of features and details, in other cases the product is not that complex and trying to stretch a description to fit an arbitrary length can be very harmful.

      Do what makes sense for your users, don't blindly follow a blind fool.

      HTH,

      Don Burk
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10988963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gemmom24
    You might want to hire a copywriter to do those descriptions. (I take it most of your jewelry is targeted toward women.) Is it costume jewelry, fine jewelry, or what?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mahol
      Its a casual jewelry....Thans for the advice....
      Originally Posted by gemmom24 View Post

      You might want to hire a copywriter to do those descriptions. (I take it most of your jewelry is targeted toward women.) Is it costume jewelry, fine jewelry, or what?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10989314].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Srikanth Reddy P
    Read Some Fashion Magazines and adopt those descriptions into your jewelry product( adapt those which are not in your jewelry category)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040599].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics