NO, You Really Do Suck!

by max5ty 27 replies
I'll try to make this as kind as possible...

Not everyone can sell by pretending to be a copywriter.

It's a fact...

We'll help you when we can...but sometimes you make it difficult to even start.

Seriously...there are times when you need to hire the right person to do the job.

I know nothing about SEO, or Google Ranking, and would never try to figure it out.

I'm often amused by those of you who write something and then wonder why you get no results.

Hire a copywriter...it's not not hard to figure out.

Copywriters can make you a fortune...

They can help you buy that new car...

They can help you buy that new house...

Motorcycle

Airplane

Wardrobe

Hawaii

Bermuda

If you don't know how much a copywriter can increase you're net worth...P.M. me, I'll guide you to someone who can make your offer sizzle so good, you'll never have to worry about money again.

That's what we do.
#copywriting
  • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
    hmmm.....

    Would the person you be so graciously guiding them to be yourself?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max5ty
      Originally Posted by Ashley Gable View Post

      hmmm.....

      Would the person you be so graciously guiding them to be yourself?
      No sir, I haven't taken a new client in over 3 years.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Ashley Gable View Post

      hmmm.....

      Would the person you be so graciously guiding them to be yourself?
      If you read this gentleman's posts you would obviously and very clearly see this is not the case.

      He's merely making a point. A point which it has to be said...

      ...you might learn something from, rather than instantly jumping to a false conclusion insinuating his thread is advertising spam. Blatantly it's not. But then, I would have thought that much was obvious.

      Obviously not. Which is why he's such a good copywriter.

      Riddle that one through your syntax membrane.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656757].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
        Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post

        If you read this gentleman's posts you would obviously and very clearly see this is not the case.

        He's merely making a point. A point which it has to be said...

        ...you might learn something from, rather than instantly jumping to a false conclusion insinuating his thread is advertising spam. Blatantly it's not. But then, I would have thought that much was obvious.

        Obviously not. Which is why he's such a good copywriter.

        Riddle that one through your syntax membrane.
        Pete, talking to me like I am some sort of bull****ting child just trying to rile up an argument doesnt sit well with me.

        I read his post.

        A couple times.

        I know he is a good copywriter. I know he is a helpful copywriter on here. I know you are a good copywriter, and I know you are helpful on here.

        But that doesnt change the fact that he puts up a post (that has been said over and over mind you) that presents a problem and then he offers to "guide them".

        Hey I can be wrong, I cant read minds thats for sure. I can only go by what was written. He replied to my post very nicely. I got it.

        Doesnt change my impression of the post.

        Ashley
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    You know Pete, that's one reason why I like you...

    You're a straight forward..no holds barred type copywriter...

    You're on your way to be one of the best there ever was.

    You're not there yet, lol, only because we're not always reading about you...

    You're good enough to get there though -- let's give it some time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petevamp
    Now if you are pertaining to the message I placed here. If you read the entire message. I said I am no copywriter nor would I ever claim to be. However I am not going to spend anywhere from 60-300 for a single solo message with out knowing if it is going to convert. When I can write it my self. I hate to write and 3/4 of the time I outsource this aspect. But I will not pay a copywriter to right a solo message for me when its not being sent to my list at all. I only asked for thoughts on my message and what changes any one here things I should make. Nothing more. I just want an oppinion on my message to see what you actual copywriters thoughts would be as to changes I can make to it to make it better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4656956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author max5ty
    Ashley...I'm wishing you all the best.

    Been doin' this for over 25 years...it's a good business to be in.

    The reason I mentioned a Maserati in my last post is because my 25 year old son just bought one last week.

    It's a great life being a copywriter.

    Hoping you get the best from what you're doing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Cohen
      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      Ashley...I'm wishing you all the best.

      Been doin' this for over 25 years...it's a good business to be in.

      The reason I mentioned a Maserati in my last post is because my 25 year old son just bought one last week.

      It's a great life being a copywriter.

      Hoping you get the best from what you're doing...
      Since all you've made regarding yourself are unproven claims, and since you haven't identified who you are...

      Well, enough said. Nothing personal.

      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657211].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author max5ty
        Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

        Since all you've made regarding yourself are unproven claims, and since you haven't identified who you are...

        Well, enough said. Nothing personal.

        Alex
        Alex, I don't have anything to hide.

        Here's my cell phone number

        419-296-2354

        Call me if you want to talk.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657231].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
          Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

          Alex, I don't have anything to hide.

          Here's my cell phone number

          419-296-2354

          Call me if you want to talk.
          A cell # doesn't really prove anything.

          Why not tell us your name... maybe a little bit about your history in the world of business and copywriting.

          Where have you worked (and worked on)... what have you done... and where are you in life now-a-days?

          Obviously you don't have to answer any of this if you'd rather not. But I - and presumably others - are certainly interested.

          -Daniel
          Signature

          Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658135].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
            Banned
            So ring him up then and have a conversation with the fellow Dan.

            He kindly made the offer. It's available there for you to take advantage of the offer.

            Nitpicking on him demanding he reveal his identity etc is uncalled for. He doesn't have to prove himself to you or anybody.

            He's taken time out to offer good advice on the forum, others have benefited from it, he asks for nothing in return, not even a signature link, but one or two of you still want to piss in his pond.

            Is there some jealousy going on around here when someone obviously successful posts here?

            He's been upfront with you. Provided his number.

            Call it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      Ashley...I'm wishing you all the best.

      Been doin' this for over 25 years...it's a good business to be in.

      The reason I mentioned a Maserati in my last post is because my 25 year old son just bought one last week.

      It's a great life being a copywriter.

      Hoping you get the best from what you're doing...
      I guess that puts me in my place, I mean I am 24 and I only have a Volkswagen, shucks :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Interesting that guys always measure success in terms of sports car ownership.

    I have a jeep patriot. 1/5 or less the price of a maseradi -- And I am not stuck playing on the sidewalk. (Although I will admit to having to jack and push after getting high ended on outcrops in creek beds every now and again.)

    Copy writing takes talent - but it also takes an understanding of status-quo. I have always assumed that once someone understands the true nature of the status-quo, it would leave them impetus to break away from it - untie from the restrictions of the socially imprinted lifestyle. But still the sports car comes into the conversation.

    Sport cars, hair club for men, freak if you get mud on the Italian loafers, and never trust a woman who doesn't own a pravda handbag. All so damned sad to see that a lucrative creative profession doesn't loosen the tethers tad.
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4657967].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
      Banned
      Originally Posted by max5ty View Post

      You know Pete, that's one reason why I like you...

      You're a straight forward..no holds barred type copywriter...

      You're on your way to be one of the best there ever was.

      You're not there yet, lol, only because we're not always reading about you...

      You're good enough to get there though -- let's give it some time.
      Thanks Max. Sincerely.

      It will take time yes. Many years. That's cool. And even then, I might not get there. Truth is, copywriting is something which I enjoy but it's not my true vocation. If I become known for anything, I would hope it would be that instead.

      In the meantime if I can earn my clients a tidy little sum doing something I very much enjoy, I'm happy.

      Kindest regards,


      Pete

      Originally Posted by Ashley Gable View Post

      Pete, talking to me like I am some sort of bull****ting child just trying to rile up an argument doesnt sit well with me.

      I read his post.

      A couple times.

      I know he is a good copywriter. I know he is a helpful copywriter on here. I know you are a good copywriter, and I know you are helpful on here.

      But that doesnt change the fact that he puts up a post (that has been said over and over mind you) that presents a problem and then he offers to "guide them".

      Hey I can be wrong, I cant read minds thats for sure. I can only go by what was written. He replied to my post very nicely. I got it.

      Doesnt change my impression of the post.

      Ashley
      Ashley. I never called you 'a bullsh*ting child'. Those are your words not mine.

      Wherever you picked up this insinuation, I have no idea.

      Your interpretation is skewed. Of your own making. A false premise projected towards others who are simply trying to help you to see the light.

      Personally I don't know what you're on and to be honest with you, I don't really care either.

      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      Copy writing takes talent - but it also takes an understanding of status-quo.
      Heysal, what's with the self positioning of yourself as being in a qualified position to tell other professional copywriters where they're going wrong, or telling them what you think they don't already understand?

      Only coming from somebody who hates marketing (your words not mine) and isn't a professional copywriter, one has to take everything you say on this forum with a pinch of salt.

      *****

      General comment:

      What beats me is that Max was just trying to be helpful. Freely giving of his time. His professionalism. And his expertise.

      When other Warriors simply leap down that persons throat who otherwise had good intention, is it little wonder why a lot of the other top copywriters only visit the Copywriting Forum these days so infrequently?

      Ahhhhh, soon will come the day when the newbies will all be telling everyone else how to do their jobs.

      Great! :rolleyes:


      Pete Walker
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658127].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
        Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post


        Ashley. I never called you 'a bullsh*ting child'. Those are your words not mine.

        Wherever you picked up this insinuation, I have no idea.

        Your interpretation is skewed. Of your own making. A false premise projected towards others who are simply trying to help you to see the light.

        Personally I don't know what you're on and to be honest with you, I don't really care either.
        I picked up the insinuation the same way you picked up my "leaping down his throat". Those are your words not mine. And the same way I picked up on his original post.

        Its called interpretation.

        I dont need help "seeing the light". I am quite capable.

        I dont need to be enlightened.

        You are acting like you a gift from God here in the forum.

        You are no doubt a hell of a copywriter, I have seen the posts Rick Duris and others put up praising you.

        But your not my cup of tea I have to say.

        Ashley
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658272].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
        Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post


        When other Warriors simply leap down that persons throat who otherwise had good intention, is it little wonder why a lot of the other top copywriters only visit the Copywriting Forum these days so infrequently?
        Well you have been here only a couple of months and you almost have as many posts as me.

        So it cant be that bad, now can it :rolleyes:

        Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post

        Ahhhhh, soon will come the day when the newbies will all be telling everyone else how to do their jobs.

        Great! :rolleyes:
        Oh pete dont you know, we have been doing that for a looong time.

        Its just that those who actually listen to us arent really going anywhere to begin with.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
    First thing's first...

    Don't put words in my mouth.

    I never "demanded" he do anything... nor did I "nitpick".

    Hell, I straight-out said he didn't have to answer unless he felt like it.

    But you tell me what's better...

    A hundred people calling your cell... so you can talk to them all?

    Or posting info that can be verified on a forum once?

    (Yeah, I get some people don't want to post about themselves on a forum for various reasons. Nothing wrong with that.)

    The second part of your post I take issue with is... obviously successful?

    Why? Because he said so?

    I'm not having a dig at the guy... for all I know he could be the real deal.

    From the posts of his I've read, I totally agree with some of it, and think some has been pulled from his nether regions (like the video thread).

    Now, you're absolutely right... he doesn't have to prove himself to me. And I never said he did.

    But when people disagree on things that I've found via actual split-testing (both mine and others')... I want to know when, where, why, and how.

    And frankly, if someone's going to post about their success, questions will be asked. Why you've got a problem with people doing their due diligence instead of blindly drinking the kool-aid is beyond me...

    Especially when there are so many wannabes and pretenders on here saying they're super-successful when they're writing copy for peanuts.

    I mean c'mon... the guy's even said "PM me and I'll tell them about a copywriter I know" after he's been leaving a rash of posts on the forum (most of which don't, to me, provide any really tasty content).

    Look Pete... I've been here a while. I've seen a lot of people come and go.

    I also know there are people on here who are praised as great copywriters with impeccable, big-name pedigrees who will turn around and write WSO letters for $300... and lie, cheat and steal while they're doing it.

    I know this because I talk to the guys who hire them.

    Now... to clarify, because you seem to delight in taking things out of context... I'm not putting max5ty in this boat.

    I'm simply saying I don't know jack about him. And since I take my business very seriously, I like to qualify people who drop blanket statements... because they could be very well be right.

    It's a public forum, Pete. I'm within my rights to ask a question. And I'm pretty sure max5ty is a big boy and doesn't need you jumping to his defense for every perceived slight.

    -Daniel
    Signature

    Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JakeDaly
      There are a lot of sayings from old Greek, Roman & Chinese philosophers that all basically say the same thing: Those that are truly successful and secure in their ways will very rarely mention those successes.

      You may attempt to argue the OP wasn't trying to "brag" and was rather "trying to make a point." Let's just say a good lesson very rarely includes a side comment about recently buying a Maserati. Shame on both of you, max and Mr. Walker. Two members of this copywriting forum who, until today, have always come across as wonderful contributors to this forum.

      I suppose it is just a lone hiccup, but still..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658366].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
        Banned
        Mountains out of molehills?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658575].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
          Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post

          Mountains out of molehills?
          you are carrying the biggest shovel.

          If there is a mountain being built...why do you keep throwing on more dirt than anyone else?

          Or, maybe, it's just me and the way I things going around here.

          gjabiz
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662656].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gjabiz
          Originally Posted by Pete Walker View Post

          Mountains out of molehills?
          you are carrying the biggest shovel.

          If there is a mountain being built...why do you keep throwing on more dirt than anyone else?

          Or, maybe, it's just me and the way I see things going around here.

          gjabiz
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662676].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
            Banned
            What I'm seeing is a few of you having a right go at him (Max.)

            Why? I have no idea. No idea at all. Overall he's proven to be very helpful on this forum and has posted up some excellent advice. Advice which Gordon, you yourself have thanked him for on more than one occasion.

            I don't like to see posters ganging up on anyone for no reason and I don't usually care too much how many other people are involved. If I see someone being picked on unnecessarily, both offline and online, I'll usually rally to that persons defense if I feel a need to.

            It wasn't so long ago, if you recall, that somebody else was calling a few of the other copywriters out and there too, I jumped to their defense.

            Everyone is in business for themselves here. We're all in this together. There's plenty enough work to go around. So why jump on other guys just because one disagrees with a couple of points made? Making the other party look bad? What's the point of that? What good does that accomplish?

            You call that throwing dirt? Well, that's up to you Gordon. Whatever.

            Max is a good contributor on this forum as is pretty much everyone else most of the time. Rather than seeking to cause division, why not do more to bring us together to support one another with a bit more encouragement rather than all of this negative BS, mud slinging etc?

            Wouldn't that create a better outcome?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pusateri
    Pravda handbag? Is it free with a subscription?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Heysal, what's with the self positioning of yourself as being in a qualified position to tell other professional copywriters where they're going wrong, or telling them what you think they don't already understand?

    Only coming from somebody who hates marketing (your words not mine) and isn't a professional copywriter, one has to take everything you say on this forum with a pinch of salt.
    Pete - where did I say they were going wrong? I made an observation. It is an observation that has me doing an RCA dog head tilt. You keep raging about "marketing and copywriting". I have a pretty hefty background in cognitive sciences. Okay? I see a juxtaposition that surprises me. So I said so. That makes me pompous? What a lark.

    So if I'm pompous what are you when you keep insisting because I don't LIKE marketing and copywriting that I have no understanding of it? God I swear if I had too much testosterone in my system I'd run out and grab several copywriting jobs just to prove something.

    My view that you like to twist? If someone is writing something that is truthful and it sells a crap load of products - it's pretty obvious that they aren't doing anything wrong, whether it appears they are or not. Make sense to you? I don't care if what they write violates every known "should work this way" in the book - if it works it works. Human response isn't the black and white science some people want to believe it is. If it were, everyone who wrote copy would know how to achieve 100% results from a target group.

    But I can still be amazed at some of the mindsets that are in the game without being deserving of flaming and I do not understand how people who spend their lives cracking through to obscure status quos still have regard for them. Maybe from your self elevated view of copywriters that is blasphemy - but from a cognitive science orientation, it's a freaking valid question -- so unknot your panties before you give yourself a hemorage.
    Signature

    Sal
    New PLR - Disaster prep duo report pkg: The Art of the Graceful Bug out, and Preparing Pets for a Disaster. - PM me for report details.
    Quality PLR Ebooks and Reports:
    Mind/Language - Weight, - Pet/Dog - Disaster - 2011 Earthquake Report - Hair Care

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662604].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Andrews
      Banned
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      God I swear if I had too much testosterone in my system I'd run out and grab several copywriting jobs just to prove something.
      So why don't you then?

      Thank me for the encouragement later. I think you'd do quite well to be honest. You've got the sheer bloodymindedness for it, you're intelligent and you can write very well indeed.

      I'm happy to have been of some assistance to you today.

      Kindest regards,


      Pete Walker
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Doceye
    And my dad can lick your dad any day of the week ... and twice on Sunday.

    (wielding conducting baton)

    Tap, tap, tap. Attention members: tempo, please ... tempo. We're all playing in the same orchestra.

    Doc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662778].message }}

Trending Topics

  • 96 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 53 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How I Sold 985 Copies of an Affiliate Offer in 5 Days (Step by Step)

    When I first started online in 2002, it took me a year to sell 985 copies of anything. These days, I can typically do it in the span of a ... [read more]

  • 22 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Powerful Concept that Grows Your Business

    Connect with people interested in what you have to offer. Mindfully. Versus desperately running from prospect to prospect, or from number to number. This idea sounds simple, and like common ... [read more]

  • 13 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Can we trust Review Copy reviews of WSO offers?

    Hello all I have seen in various WSO threads, users asking for a review copy of the offer. Usually, the user then posts a positive review of the WSO for ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Link social on Backpage .com?

    Aknness2016 in Social Networks

    How do I link social media when posting on Backpage.com?