Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Copywriting
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 20th February 2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Tip Attention copywriting Newbs...

the art of copywriting is fairly straight forward. unlike most forms of sales that require a fast thinking brain, and quick lips to match - copy writing actually works better if you take your time. ( not to say if that you have to go slowly just that thinking out your approach often works more often then not.

to become a passable or dare I say great copy writer requires only a few simple to say but hard to do tasks. these tasks are:

1) read great copy everyday
2) rewrite the great copy you just read.

all great copy share the same qualities:

  1. benefits over features
  2. what is the problem
  3. how to fix the problem
  4. the cost of the product
  5. a strong close and call to action
  6. a P.S.
the order isn't always the same but these elements can always be found.


taking the time to study and rewrite great copy, will hard wire these elements into you. after awhile writing your own copy will get easier and easier, you will find it flowing from your consciousness. copy that used to take you days now only takes you hours.



also here is a link to a site that has some great copy that you can start studying today.


Gary Halbert



have a good day,


Jonathan

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20th February 2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Active Warrior
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 37
Thanks: 122
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Well said and a great link.
Daedalus15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st February 2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Thank you for the kind words.

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st February 2013, 05:05 AM   #4
HyperActive Warrior
 
verial's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 154
Thanks: 5
Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugpoet View Post
Thank you for the kind words.
Here are some more:

Valuable.
Super.
Friendly.
Magnificent.
Great.
Gallant.
Enthusiastic.
Passionate.
Capable.

I have a lot more where those came from.

verial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st March 2013, 02:27 PM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: All over the place
Posts: 102
Thanks: 23
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

I just read the Gary Halbert letter for the first time last week. One of the problems I was having was where to find the ads he mentioned. I'm not having that problem anymore. Thank you so much for your post!
Matt Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st March 2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt011 View Post
I just read the Gary Halbert letter for the first time last week. One of the problems I was having was where to find the ads he mentioned. I'm not having that problem anymore. Thank you so much for your post!
anytime matt, glad I could help

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5th March 2013, 01:19 AM   #7
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Tenzho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 513
Thanks: 88
Thanked 94 Times in 80 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Thanks a lot for this great tips!

Just one question, the "rewrite the great copy you just read."
Does that means you rewrite the copy word by word, or rewrite
it in your own words promoting the same product?
Tenzho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th March 2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzho View Post
Thanks a lot for this great tips!

Just one question, the "rewrite the great copy you just read."
Does that means you rewrite the copy word by word, or rewrite
it in your own words promoting the same product?
No, I mean word for word copying, with this exercise you aren't trying to resell the product your trying to initialize the format, the picture the way they phrased the USP. No matter what your learning we all imulate the greats.

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th March 2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Banned
War Room Member
 
LexiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 132
Thanks: 114
Thanked 97 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Great post and great link but a written sales message is the lowest converting sales medium regardless of how good someone is or how fast someones brain works.

A half way decent salesperson in a face to face situation will have a higher closing ratio than the best copywriter in the world. Just like a good salesperson will have a higher closing ratio than a great telemarketer.

1. face to face
2. telephone
3. written

The reach of the medium is backwards though. Written has the most reach followed by the phone then face to face. So in a perfect world, the best way to sell would be to write prospects, call to qualify and see to pitch and close.

LexiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th March 2013, 11:19 PM   #10
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiB View Post
Great post and great link but a written sales message is the lowest converting sales medium regardless of how good someone is or how fast someones brain works.

A half way decent salesperson in a face to face situation will have a higher closing ratio than the best copywriter in the world. Just like a good salesperson will have a higher closing ratio than a great telemarketer.

1. face to face
2. telephone
3. written

The reach of the medium is backwards though. Written has the most reach followed by the phone then face to face. So in a perfect world, the best way to sell would be to write prospects, call to qualify and see to pitch and close.

A true but random statement, I don't think i implied that copy was a more effective then face to face sales. Only that sales copy didnt require a quick as a fox brain to be effective.

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th March 2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Banned
War Room Member
 
LexiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 132
Thanks: 114
Thanked 97 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugpoet View Post
unlike most forms of sales that require a fast thinking brain, and quick lips to match - copy writing actually works better if you take your time.
That's what I was pointing out.

The rest of what you said I think is great advice though. And you really can't beat Halbert when it comes to copywriting. My grandfather has an old set of VHS tapes from a Hurricane Andrew seminar he did with a bunch of other people and the info in there is priceless.

LexiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12th March 2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Best in the World
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: The Indian River
Posts: 337
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 156
Thanked 84 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Attention copywriting Newbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiB View Post
That's what I was pointing out.

The rest of what you said I think is great advice though. And you really can't beat Halbert when it comes to copywriting. My grandfather has an old set of VHS tapes from a Hurricane Andrew seminar he did with a bunch of other people and the info in there is priceless.

Ahh you miss understand, I meant unlike other salesmanship methods, sales copy works better if you take your time and formulate what ur trying to say, I didnt mean to imply it being better then to more direct tactics.

Ahh old VHS?? Lucky lucky I wish I had access to such timeless material

Jonwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Copywriting

Bookmarks

Tags
attention, copywriting, newbs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:30 AM.