One of the Best Copywriters Online Today...

by 26 comments
I'll be honest, most of the people I see today who call themselves "copywriters" really have no business using that term.

But every so often... one writer sneaks under the radar and only those "in the know" are aware of him/her.

Not only is this guy one of the best writers I've ever seen in my life, he's also one of the best copywriters.

And he usually fly's under the radar. I'm sure some of the more experienced and seasoned marketers know this dude. But I'm surprised that more don't.

When names like Furey and Settle get passed around here all the time, this guy is just as good.

If you have some free time and have never heard of Big Chris McCombs... get over to his blog, and check him out.

Blog - Chris McCombs

I promise, you may not find another writer who pours his heart out on his page like this guy.

I have no connection to Chris, no affiliation or financial incentive to post anything... I just LOVE great writing.

And for those newer copywriters here who may wonder how to set up a self-promo page for your services... you may never find a better one than Chris' for his copy services.
#copy writing #copywriters #online #today
  • Profile picture of the author Harlan
    Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post

    Not only is this guy one of the best writers I've ever seen in my life, he's also one of the best copywriters.

    And he usually fly's under the radar. I'm sure some of the more experienced and seasoned marketers know this dude. But I'm surprised that more don't.

    When names like Furey and Settle get passed around here all the time, this guy is just as good.
    Shawn, you owe me a new keyboard.
  • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
    Haha, Alex... thanks!

    I wish you all the luck with that 3rd attempt!

    At first I thought I made him cry...

    Which is good because he used to make me cry when I asked him
    for critiques of my fitness copy YEARS ago... and he'd tell me to do
    what Carlton used to tell him to do... start over.
  • Profile picture of the author bad golfer
    McCombs strength is he speaks to his tribe like he's one of them, and he is. On the other hand, so many people come on here and don't know who they are trying to help, influence or lead. If more marketers determined who their crowd is first (demographic, psychographic), the rest would fall into place faster and easier.
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post


    Not only is this guy one of the best writers I've ever seen in my life, he's also one of the best copywriters.
    You can not be serious.
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Pescetti
    His position might be good. Not sure. I wasn't too impressed.

    Any links to his work?
  • Profile picture of the author elmo033057
    Everyone wants to be the next Harlan Ellison.
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Bowring
    I stumbled on his site a few weeks back and thought it was written and designed really well.

    --- Ross
    • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
      I come from the body building, power lifting and martial arts culture and competed in all 3 until sidelined by injuries in the Marines (disabled Vet).

      I read a couple of his posts and I am unable to relate to him. Now granted I was never one to hang around with the guys stuck in basal mentalities who even when they do lift their gaze see nothing above themselves. But that doesn't mean those people don't exist as evidenced by our swelling prison populations.

      I read that he postures towards loftier aspirations but positions his views in the base. Most every passage was fraught with negativity.

      Here's an example of a guy I knew "back when" whose still carrying some size and when people see him for the 1st time they have all kinds of impressions and he's one of the most likable people you'll ever meet: SERIES FOUR Ep.#10 Camaraderie with SUPERMUTANT Rich Piana - YouTube

      When he writes from the same culture it's no in that base, he takes a much higher position.


      Just my observations from a life in the same culture.

      Patrick
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    Chris is a friend of mine.... (big dude too)... he's simply awesome at blogging... awesome.... great at building a tribe... dude is a blogging machine.

    i know what you're saying, but I dunno if I would call him one of the best for writing sales stuff tho

    harlan's written a TON of stuff thats sold big $$.... carlton.... david deutch... and the plethora of agora/stansberry writers... and there's a ton more too.
    • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
      Originally Posted by davemiz View Post

      Chris is a friend of mine.... (big dude too)... he's simply awesome at blogging... awesome.... great at building a tribe... dude is a blogging machine.

      i know what you're saying, but I dunno if I would call him one of the best for writing sales stuff tho

      harlan's written a TON of stuff thats sold big $$.... carlton.... david deutch... and the plethora of agora/stansberry writers... and there's a ton more too.
      Dave... I kinda figured you'd know Chris... most "in the know" marketers know him or have heard of him.

      But I'll admit, I'm probably a bit biased because I've been reading his stuff since 2004... 2005 or so.

      And I started out in fitness and personal training... so again, I'm sure my opinion is swayed... but I've seen a lot of his emails, blog posts, sales letters, for over 8 years and have a bigger sample size to judge from than what I posted.

      I started this thread after reading one of his old emails that just really resonated with me.

      I'll see if I can get permission to post some of his past ads...

      I know some asked for samples... and if you go through some of his posts on his blogs, you can find quite a few... but he mixes them in with other marketers sales letters too.

      For Fitness Pros - Chris McCombs

      But honestly, something as simple as his own promo page is still a sample...

      Web Copy that Turns Traffic Into Money - Chris McCombs

      And I've been doing this long enough to know that's better than a lot of "copywriters" promo pages.

      But honestly, it's still just an opinion.... nuttin more, nuttin less :-)
  • Profile picture of the author Quality Copywriter
    don't see any samples. testimonials or results
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    ya... met chris at one of kerns mass control events. been friends with him since.

    we bounce ideas off each other.

    amazing blogger.... and writer.

    dude is a blogging MACHINE.

    told him for years to release a LEGIT blogging course.... it'd sell like a MoFCUKER

    yes... he's probably better than most "copywriters" (and i use that term loosely)

    heck, these days it seems like everyone calls themselves a copywriter, although most of their work sucks balls. (hopefully i wont get banned again for saying that LOL!!!) :-)
  • Profile picture of the author Phil Wilkinson
    Thanks so much for the tip Shawn!
  • Profile picture of the author wrcato2
    Was impressed with his blog. As far as being such a great copywriter, I really didn't see anything there that made me think that. However, thanks for the link and I book marked his blog for future reading.
  • Profile picture of the author srh41
    Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post

    I'll be honest, most of the people I see today who call themselves "copywriters" really have no business using that term.

    But every so often... one writer sneaks under the radar and only those "in the know" are aware of him/her.

    Not only is this guy one of the best writers I've ever seen in my life, he's also one of the best copywriters.

    And he usually fly's under the radar. I'm sure some of the more experienced and seasoned marketers know this dude. But I'm surprised that more don't.

    When names like Furey and Settle get passed around here all the time, this guy is just as good.

    If you have some free time and have never heard of Big Chris McCombs... get over to his blog, and check him out.

    Blog - Chris McCombs

    I promise, you may not find another writer who pours his heart out on his page like this guy.

    I have no connection to Chris, no affiliation or financial incentive to post anything... I just LOVE great writing.

    And for those newer copywriters here who may wonder how to set up a self-promo page for your services... you may never find a better one than Chris' for his copy services.

    Thanks, Chris just got another subscriber. I love his writing, keeps the reader engaged right to the end.
    Usually it takes me weeks to read, really read something, usually because it is boring as hell and I fall asleep, same thing with boring videos. His style kept me to the end and I wanted more.
    Wish I could write like that.
  • Profile picture of the author Clint Butler
    I have followed Chris for quite a while and he is a great writer. The guy studied his audience and provides them what they want. And it seems as if he's really on target when it comes to talking about subjects that are going on in the market today.

    One other point of notice is that his email sequence is pretty cool once your in it. Everything he sends out is a great teaser to get you back to you his blog.
  • Profile picture of the author samfischer980
    Even though I have never heard of him I would certainly say that the dude got style and charisma.His style was aggressive but given his niche ,its all good.
    His blog design is flawless and attractive.
    But I have read better.
  • Profile picture of the author Sean DeSilva
    It's not really fair to judge his writer's voice unless you intimately know his audience. My hunch is that he's matched up well.
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
    Man, I thought I was going to read one of his blog posts and I ended up reading 10! He is definitely an excellent copywriter and because I'm an athlete involved in the fitness niche I did feel a connection with his writings. Thanks for sharing.

Next Topics on Trending Feed