Currently doing 200+ sales a day ($8000ish) with shopify and FB - questions?

by joelraitt 214 replies
Hey guys,

A LOOONNGGG time ago I did a post on affiliate stuff I was doing and answered questions...people seemed to like it

anyways...I thought i'd share and help out if anyone has questions...ill get a specific as i can

I'm using FB ads running traffic to my own site (shopify) and doing 7-10k a day in sales this month (a bit less last month) - i dont handle any of the shipping myself but i'm not 'dropshipping' its my inventory - using a fulfilment house

ive learnt a lot so far (still lots to learn) but im willing to help out and share - so if you're into ecommerce now or want to....i have no issues helping a bit on here with systems, services questions and so on!

Ask away!
#ecommerce sites, wholesaling & drop shipping #$8ish #200 #day #questions #sales #shopify
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sweetcrabhoney18
    Okay.. I'm curious ... how many products do you have and why are you using shopify?
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Originally Posted by sweetcrabhoney18 View Post

      Okay.. I'm curious ... how many products do you have and why are you using shopify?
      Hey! I've tested probably around 20-30 products and some are still live but don't sell much. I have 4-6 that sell good amounts so I focused on them for now as I get more products created.

      I found shopify super easy to use...its very intuitive and the support is amazing. They do lack some features for direct response marketing but it;s workable enough to make it happen.

      Thanks!
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

    • Profile picture of the author Ella Koun
      Banned
      [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author fin
    Have you been to the canton fair?
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Originally Posted by fin View Post

      Have you been to the canton fair?
      No I haven't!!!! I want to though, or at least go over their and meet my suppliers now that volume is increasing. I also have a friend that teaches over there so hoping to make a trip.

      Have you been?
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author violet0176
    Originally Posted by joelraitt View Post

    Hey guys,

    A LOOONNGGG time ago I did a post on affiliate stuff I was doing and answered questions...people seemed to like it

    anyways...I thought i'd share and help out if anyone has questions...ill get a specific as i can

    I'm using FB ads running traffic to my own site (shopify) and doing 7-10k a day in sales this month (a bit less last month) - i dont handle any of the shipping myself but i'm not 'dropshipping' its my inventory - using a fulfilment house

    ive learnt a lot so far (still lots to learn) but im willing to help out and share - so if you're into ecommerce now or want to....i have no issues helping a bit on here with systems, services questions and so on!

    Ask away!
    I'm also curious?

    What's you general niche?

    $7-10K a day in sales? Had you said $7-10K per month you would've been more believable.
    • Profile picture of the author rumifdx
      there you go:

      1- how many different products do you sell?

      2- does all of these are private/white label products? if so, how many brands do you have?

      3- are you also selling through FBA?

      4- which fulfillment platform/Company are you partnering with?

      5- does your Shopify store has a Blog with daily/weekly updates and followers?

      Thanks!
      Signature
      Where there's a will, there is a way
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Originally Posted by violet0176 View Post

      I'm also curious?

      What's you general niche?

      $7-10K a day in sales? Had you said $7-10K per month you would've been more believable.
      Hey Violet - it's jewellery and other gifts like that. They have high margins which is VERY needed.
      7-10k is pretty good but that is sales not profit. There is no limit though, I'm trying to map out and figure out how to keep this steady and continue to expand either through new marketing channels or new products! Cheers!
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Hi Joel,

    Would this be your wine club business?

    When I had a look it looked like there wasn't a bottle or pack under about $90 with most being over $126.

    When you look at your average of 200 plus sales per day in your OP for $8K that is like under $40 per sale.

    ...or are you talking here about a different business or product line?
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Hey! No this isn't the wine business! Wine sales have been doing well in the launches though, we're almost done a launch right now and looks like we'll do about 250-300 sales @$164 each...(we only get a % of course) thanks for the questions



      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      Hi Joel,

      Would this be your wine club business?

      When I had a look it looked like there wasn't a bottle or pack under about $90 with most being over $126.

      When you look at your average of 200 plus sales per day in your OP for $8K that is like under $40 per sale.

      ...or are you talking here about a different business or product line?
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author MikeMizOne
    How do you deal with customers that want a refund or never receive their item? Is this handled by the fulfilment house?

    What is a fulfilment house?

    How much are you spending on FB ads?

    What is your best advice for FB ads?
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Love the user photo haha

      How do you deal with customers that want a refund or never receive their item? Is this handled by the fulfilment house?

      Answer: I use zendesk and had my sister doing support part time (she moved into product design and samples) and I got super lucky hiring a local lady that is AMAZING at support. She bring things to my attention in ways to improve the overall biz (she hears from the customers). She works from home her own hours. It's amazing.

      What is a fulfilment house?

      Answer: You can PM if you want this (not going to put it public I want to ask the founders first (they only take people when they are ready to grow)

      How much are you spending on FB ads?

      Answer: The revenues I was talking about is USD but I spend about 3000-3500 Canadian a day (about 30% less compared to USD)

      What is your best advice for FB ads?

      Answer: Read the direct response classic book (olgilvy, sugarman, john caples, claude hopkins) - all these principles still apply. Follow them. Keep it simple. And test the BIG things (DT vs Mobile, ages, KW's, images, and headlines) - SCALE what works.

      Hope this helps!



      Originally Posted by MikeMizOne View Post

      How do you deal with customers that want a refund or never receive their item? Is this handled by the fulfilment house?

      What is a fulfilment house?

      How much are you spending on FB ads?

      What is your best advice for FB ads?
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author sweetcrabhoney18
    Thanks for answering all these questions.
  • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
    Thanks Joel,

    When you were considering this business and I'm sure you have tried several different ideas...

    Were you building with the intention of utilising social media as the primary traffic source?

    A bit of a chicken and egg question...

    Did you start building your Facebook presence before, during or after you found some winning products?

    What sort of testing did you do to validate your choice of products before scaling up?

    Best regards,

    Ozi
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      Hey!

      Yah, I based it off FB and FB ads as that is what I'm best at. With this, I had a small presence to start and then it's grown from there. But that is not needed. Find winning products and generate traffic, sales, profit, customers....your other assets like FB page, email list and so on will grow WITH that...

      For me...(lets say the product is $20) - I'd test around 100-150 in ads and then see if there are any winning ages or placements. If it's b/e or close I let it keep running after 3 days to help collect more data.

      If it's a grand slam with great ROI I'll clone that ad and start scaling (do not raise budget on current ad)

      If it's a total fail (like 0 sales and CPC is really high) I sometimes end at day 2






      Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

      Thanks Joel,

      When you were considering this business and I'm sure you have tried several different ideas...

      Were you building with the intention of utilising social media as the primary traffic source?

      A bit of a chicken and egg question...

      Did you start building your Facebook presence before, during or after you found some winning products?

      What sort of testing did you do to validate your choice of products before scaling up?

      Best regards,

      Ozi
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author coxmg
    Hi Joel, do you sell on Amazon also or just on your own site?
    • Profile picture of the author joelraitt
      So far only my site - I'm researching Amazon and getting ready to test that (it takes some set up time) but I'm very hopeful for it. I'd rather keep scaling FB right now - but want to get Amazon going in the next 30 days! I'd love any advice on that form someone who has done decent sales volume!


      Originally Posted by coxmg View Post

      Hi Joel, do you sell on Amazon also or just on your own site?
      Signature

      Work smart, work hard, never give up. Learn with me here: http://www.joelraitt.com

  • Profile picture of the author KennyPay
    Great Post Joel, I am just getting started and posts like yours give us hope...,Thank You
  • Profile picture of the author moneyg
    Hi Joel

    Great info...I too am curious to know who you use for fulfillment? I am preparing to launch a store but need to outsource the fulfillment if I decide to source wholesale products (due to logistics). Also looking at Amazon and dropshipping. Pm me. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Signature
    If You Are Interested On Becoming A Partner For Our RTB PLATFORM, Email Us at moneygrtb@gmail.com

Trending Topics