Massive Traffic No Sales ?

by Gig Grand 24 replies
Traffic of 430K people visiting no sales ?

I am growing tired of looking at all the traffic and no sales this has proven to me there is interest but no sales i am drop shipping at a low rate my average sale could be from $40-$100 on my high end items but this doesn't matter if i cant make any money at all.

I have a high converting niche but no sales a few reviews that where made by my family who have used free samples but nothing more it;s strange to me and it's frustrating there are so many courses out there i never purchased any because it simple to understand buy at a low price sell for a higher amount but locally there seems to be a lot of people calling from around the world i am in a health and beauty niche

Not on instagram
On Google plus facebook pages YP google plus i am getting alot of traffic i also have chat installed i chat with customers post ads i have done it all but i dont have physical product , i also blog and use keyword research before i added three articles focused on my keyword i had 30K visitors but since using my own methods i learned working for a Radio station things have been strange for me i have had this site for 1 year and no sales yet i have changed the design and updated trust seals ssl is added to my site so im unsure as to the reason no one will buy any help is much appreciated.

Our traffic is coming from Google mostly and YP mostly we have a click to call option that gets considerable amount of calls coming in but no sales because of our location not sure how to add a listing as a online store only listing using Facebook. Our pricing has been changed and we post ads on local ad sites but we need online sales to scale to buy inventory we understand this seems strange but we are under the impression we need to physical location there are no store in our city who can offer the price we have negotiated with our vendors we plan to offer a flash sale in the next 7 days with free shipping and free gifts we still cant convert thinking to change to shopify but dont have the time to deal with the change in traffic we will get based on our change i feel like its a good store to have but not sure because we only have two people working on it what we should do next.

we did pay for ads one time $45 from Fb but not sales changed the design last month and now more traffic and more calls but no sales our pricing has been changed a few times and we offer Pay pal payments to ensure we are secure we also have a chat function we have invites and pop ups to encourage them to subscribe i have seen worse websites who covert better than ours.please help
#ecommerce sites, wholesaling & drop shipping #ecommerce start up #massive #sales #traffic
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
    Sorry but your post is very hard to read and understand.

    So you ran a site for one year now and didn't get a single sale with 430K visitors? What are you selling exactly since you don't have physical product? Do you pay for the traffic? Since it seems that you must have quite an audience to reach this kind of traffic for free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10832783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    I have to admit that I, too, am a little lost about what you are saying, other than that you get a ton of traffic but no sales.

    From what I could gather, the vast majority of your traffic is from social networks. Social networks convert for most niches at a ridiculously low rate of a tenth of a percent or less, all depending on the niche but with over 400,000 visitors, even some of them surely would have converted unless there are other problems.

    It's impossible to know what those problems are without seeing the site but most of the time, it is price. You say what your high end products cost but I don't know what your products cost compared to what other websites are selling them for.

    I don't know what the site looks like. I have seen plenty of websites that were so disorganized, I would never buy from them.

    I don't know how professional the writing is. If it has bad grammar, a ton of people will be turned off and think it is not professional.

    I don't know what the checkout process is like and what type of payment processes are in place. I don't know if the site is secure. I don't even know if you can actually checkout on the website. Have you done a test order?

    Just far too many questions that can only be answered by seeing the website. What do you have to lose by sharing it? It's not like it's making any money anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10833072].message }}
    Signature


    FREE ONLINE COURSE - Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      I have to admit that I, too, am a little lost about what you are saying, other than that you get a ton of traffic but no sales.

      From what I could gather, the vast majority of your traffic is from social networks. Social networks convert for most niches at a ridiculously low rate of a tenth of a percent or less, all depending on the niche but with over 400,000 visitors, even some of them surely would have converted unless there are other problems.

      It's impossible to know what those problems are without seeing the site but most of the time, it is price. You say what your high end products cost but I don't know what your products cost compared to what other websites are selling them for.

      I don't know what the site looks like. I have seen plenty of websites that were so disorganized, I would never buy from them.

      I don't know how professional the writing is. If it has bad grammar, a ton of people will be turned off and think it is not professional.

      I don't know what the checkout process is like and what type of payment processes are in place. I don't know if the site is secure. I don't even know if you can actually checkout on the website. Have you done a test order?

      Just far too many questions that can only be answered by seeing the website. What do you have to lose by sharing it? It's not like it's making any money anyway.

      Your funny we are not making any money i want to tell my wife to end it now and dont renew the domain health and beauty is a large market and with no trust its hard to get sales, your right i wasnt sure how it worked so i will share the link
      https://blackdiamondshairco.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
    Another thing might be missing trust. If you sell your products on your shop within a simple landing page, without having any kind of proof, trustbuilding, introduction, testimonials etc. it will be hard to convert a random social media visitor.

    But I agree to dave, without seeing your site it doesn't make sense to go further here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10833739].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
      Originally Posted by Splatterfox View Post

      Another thing might be missing trust. If you sell your products on your shop within a simple landing page, without having any kind of proof, trustbuilding, introduction, testimonials etc. it will be hard to convert a random social media visitor.

      But I agree to dave, without seeing your site it doesn't make sense to go further here.

      https://blackdiamondshairco.com
      Here is our site link all the points made here are likely right we have chat customer service and also email contacts that contact but somethings off when it comes to design or how our site looks or we would have sales, no testimonials are there in bulk because we have no sales yet just alot of inquiries 100 calls per month no sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbuosborn
    Well I don't understand either the reason as why you wouldn't make a sale with so much traffic. Is the traffic legit ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
      Originally Posted by sbuosborn View Post

      Well I don't understand either the reason as why you wouldn't make a sale with so much traffic. Is the traffic legit ?
      Yes it's legit here is the site link
      https://blackdiamondshairco.com

      we appreciate your response in this its really annoying because there are other company's locally who are selling at a high amount and we have access to pricing for 75% off retail
      It's really strange to us because we get alot of local calls but we do not have physical product so we are 100% drop ship with three ways to pay, Pay pal and also free shipping
      any help would be much appreciated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835208].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tcdarlington
        Your website is horrific and a complete turnoff. The theme is ok but the content is garbage.

        You need product photos, conversion optimized text.
        You need to think about visitor sales funnel and organize your site and navigation around that
        Does your need for models help sell your product? No? Get if off the menu, especially the first item in the menu.

        Get the data on how to build your site properly, rebrand and relaunch including changing your domain and company name because there are 430k people who ain't never coming back.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835269].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
          Originally Posted by tcdarlington View Post

          Your website is horrific and a complete turnoff. The theme is ok but the content is garbage.

          You need product photos, conversion optimized text.
          You need to think about visitor sales funnel and organize your site and navigation around that
          Does your need for models help sell your product? No? Get if off the menu, especially the first item in the menu.

          Get the data on how to build your site properly, rebrand and relaunch including changing your domain and company name because there are 430k people who ain't never coming back.
          I'm sorry, but I can just agree.

          First of all, when you enter the page you have this horrible picture with pink text on it, looking as if it was done in Paint in 5 seconds (the text is also really hard to read). I bet that 80% of the people are already leaving here.

          The site is organized pretty bad, actually I don't know whats going on. The "trust building" banner at the bottom (PayPal etc.) looks very LQ, which reduces the trust in my opinion.

          I can't say anything about the prices, because I don't know about them, but after a quick research on Amazon I couldn't find anything that expensive though. Not sure whether I searched the wrong thing or whatever, since you said you are cheaper.

          What I'm really curious about are your numerous calls and mails. What do people tell you there and why do none of them buy afterwards? I think this is a key point to see whats going on.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835435].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author simonpang2020
          You may want to relook at your website designs. Its not really appealing to the mass audience and you may need to hire more professional models for your pictures and change your fonts to make it very clear and easy to read.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10839712].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbuosborn
        Originally Posted by Gig Grand View Post

        Yes it's legit here is the site link
        https://blackdiamondshairco.com

        we appreciate your response in this it's really annoying because there are other company's locally who are selling at a high amount and we have access to pricing for 75% off retail
        It's really strange to us because we get alot of local calls but we do not have physical product so we are 100% drop ship with three ways to pay, Pay pal and also free shipping
        any help would be much appreciated.
        Yes, I agreed with the guys too , your website needs to be improved . At this point, it wouldn't get customers to pull out the credit cards. My advice to you look for other websites in the same market as you are which are very successful then remodel them, not copy but remodel them. Then you should be able to make sales.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10836072].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
          We have changed the site theme to black and white and we are making changed to the check out page as well we really appreciate the feedback offered in this thread we have made some changes and will continue to do the things mentioned in this thread thanks for your help
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10836764].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author PinkStar
            Originally Posted by Gig Grand View Post

            We have changed the site theme to black and white and we are making changed to the check out page as well we really appreciate the feedback offered in this thread we have made some changes and will continue to do the things mentioned in this thread thanks for your help
            Do you think it looks good? Half the page is just a solid black header with a single word: Shop... And then a white bg with Shop now and an arrow indicating a link but it's not, and a phone number - that's all.
            This is a wp site and this is the best template you could find?

            I'd like to say something nice but I can't. You need to redo the whole thing.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10869599].message }}
            Signature
            Move it along folks, nothing to see here
      • Profile picture of the author memogli
        Originally Posted by Gig Grand View Post

        Yes it's legit here is the site link
        https://blackdiamondshairco.com

        we appreciate your response in this its really annoying because there are other company's locally who are selling at a high amount and we have access to pricing for 75% off retail
        It's really strange to us because we get alot of local calls but we do not have physical product so we are 100% drop ship with three ways to pay, Pay pal and also free shipping
        any help would be much appreciated.
        I'm sorry to say that your website have lots of things to be changes. 1st is to change the design, the look of website and presentation of items should be more clear and having some great content describing the whole individual categories.
        2nd while proceeding to checkout, after some span of time, your check out page causing error, it goes dull and after that I (user) is not able to proced on payment or order completion page.

        Please check it by yourself, make some couple of dummy orders and yoiu'll get the answer why there is no sale happening.

        I've checked it in Mozlla Firefox.

        Save
        Save
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10869907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Every eCommerce site needs a category structure in order to help people find what they are looking for. I know this niche pretty well and there are two ways to organize it:

    Nationality of hair: some people are looking specifically for Brazilian, Peruvina, Indian, etc. hair

    Type of piece: These are normally classified as frontals, closures, extensions and wigs and further subdivided by the method used to attach the hair.

    It does look pretty unprofessional. There are no words at all on the home page. It's just a bunch of products slapped up. The logo is pretty weak. What does the gemstone have to do with hair? The layout is off-center. This gives it a very unprofessional look.

    If you decide to back out of the checkout process, you are suddenly offered a coupon to save money. There are definitely some people who will immediately lose trust in a website that was fully prepared to rip them off before offering a savings coupon. Other people will wait, wondering if an even better offer will show up.

    Shipping is confusing. It offers flat rate $0.00 and flat rate $5.99. What is the difference? Will some people look at that and wonder what shipping really costs? If you have free shipping, you should be shouting that from the rooftops.

    When someone adds something to their cart, it should take them to the shopping cart page. Don't rely on people being smart enough to know what that cart button at the top-right of the website is and that they need to click it to checkout. A TON of online shoppers aren't very internet savvy.

    What is the warranty on this hair? What is your return policy? There's a satisfaction guarantee seal buried in the footer but what, specifically, is the satisfaction guarantee policy? How does someone know that their information will not be sold? There is no privacy policy. Is there a low price guarantee?

    Bottom line: I would be frightened sending money to a site that looked this unprofessional. Think of the places that you order from online and ask yourself is this website looks as professional as those.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835456].message }}
    Signature


    FREE ONLINE COURSE - Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    I should also point out that it is difficult to find a single grammatically correct sentence on the first page now. If you cannot create compelling sentences that describe products and elicit an emotional need to buy, you'll have a tough time selling anything. That, and most people will immediately lose trust in a website that cannot put two sentences together.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837030].message }}
    Signature


    FREE ONLINE COURSE - Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    That website is terrible, especially the ghost town above the fold.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837096].message }}
    Signature
    We had the technology.
  • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
    What about Shopify would that be better ?


    we were told on Yahoo that its better for us to change we use word press
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837756].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
      Originally Posted by Gig Grand View Post

      What about Shopify would that be better ?


      we were told on Yahoo that its better for us to change we use word press
      Well there is no real "better".

      I like Shopify a lot, bust I guess it is because I ran several shops with it and it is really easy to use. But if you don't know how to code it limits the customizability of the websites quite heavily. You can install plugins of course but the most Shopify stores are quite "straightforward" and to the point.

      You can try it out though of course, even though I think WooCommerce is also nice.

      //

      The website still looks bad. Its extremely messy and the logo is very small. The plain black header is also too big. Its also confusing that the "sign up" banner is not clickable. And I'd put the chat widget in the bottom right corner.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10838820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author THK
    Also, if I may add, change those fancy fonts in your top navigation. Make them easy to read. Atleast increase the font size.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10839681].message }}
    Signature

    This is my signature!

    • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
      I agree

      I took note of this and will change to Verdena font which seems to be more user friendly Thank you for your time !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11035953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zoe_21
    Our traffic is coming from Google mostly and YP mostly we have a click to call option that gets considerable amount of calls coming in but no sales because of our location
    I dont think your location is another reason for lack of sales because you're dropshipping and I didn't see a postal address on your website.

    When I visited, I didnt see an optin form appear. When on other websites optin forms do appear so perhaps take a look why not on my visit? Using Chrome

    Is there a reason you dont have tutorial videos? (Can embed copyright free ones from YT)

    What are your 'competitors' doing on their websites that you're not and how are theirs structured?

    Not on Instagram
    Why not?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10868923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gig Grand
      I did make a sale finally and they will recommend another customer I have so many calls coming in its pretty crazy.

      I am happy that the tips are working provided on this thread very helpful !

      I do not have a newsletter sign up but I will update this today

      I don't have tutorials because I am afraid to get on camera lol not the cutest thing in the world.

      I changed to Blue and white and got a sale the same day
      I now have corrected the spelling errors and have a chat agent( me)

      My Branding will update as well I have freelancer who is fixing it now. I average in 1000 visits per week on a good week. I am now fixing the site to be more user friendly and I really thanks you call for your feedback !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11035952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Faisal Qureshi
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10871301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moni I
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10882641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    I would have thought that, by now, this site would have had some dramatic changes made to it. Unfortunately, that is not the case. It still has no category structure and the colors are something a child would put together for a website. This is an entirely unprofessional looking website. I'm surprised you even got one order. I would never trust a business that had such an amateurish looking website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11036234].message }}
    Signature


    FREE ONLINE COURSE - Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa

Trending Topics