Are 'Guaranteed Clicks Solo Ads' a Scam?

by Nathan Isaac 78 replies
So I've been doing some research into solo ads for quite some time.

Spent money here and there to test out many things.

I've also looked deeply into the buyers and sellers of these so-called solo ads.

For those who don't know, if someone has an email list of 100,000 subscribers, you can buy a solo ad which will be a stand alone email of yours to be sent out to that list of 100,000.

Now to me, it makes no logical sense how anyone can GUARANTEE clicks.

Everyone seems to get their rocks off about guaranteed clicks, pointless leads, or non profitable sales.

What you need to be getting your rocks off on is profitable ROI.

You have no control whatsoever of your list and if they choose to open, or let alone, click the link inside.

You have absolutely no control on that.

Unless.....

You have full control of that list yourself.

After talking to many marketers, the closest any true honest marketer will say, is they have a good estimation on open rate, and possible clicks.

None of them ever send out an email to their list knowing they are going to get even one click.

They only have an assumed estimation.

Places like Udimi.

Don't waste your money.

You'll get clicks. You'll get leads that are useless. Depending on how much and often you spend, you might get a sale or two.

Just not enough to make a profit.

Let's paint that picture.

You: $500 solo ad budget

Me: Selling 1,000 clicks for $500

$0.50 per click. Not bad at all.

If I send your "solo ad" to my list of a million subscribers (supposedly)

I some how magically know that you'll get 1,000 clicks.

Because I'm a phsychic and all....

But we'll take it one step further.

Because you spent so much. I also know that you are selling a $47 product, with an upsell to another product for $197.


I go to my circle of scammy Solo ad sellers (more on this later)

I say I need a purchase of a product with the upswell.

The other party uses a system like HideMyAss, purchased your product and upsell, and you're happy ass hell.

- You paid for 1,000 clicks.
- You received a fair amount leads. Say, 200 leads. +$1.00 per lead.
- you also get one sale + an upsell. For a total of close to $250 (you can do the math for exact numbers....)

You walk away only having spent a little over $250 + plus a bunch of "leads". (More like dead end leads)

You think you scored pretty good buying the 1,000 leads for only $500, which only cost $250 after your sales.


And as for me... I walked away with:
- $250 in my pocket.
- You'll leave a glowing review for others to take part in my scam.

It's all smooth sailing for me and my fake clicks, leads, and sales.


So there you have it. Any real person with a real list cannot guarantee clicks.

Places like SelfGrowth.com or ArcaMax who have solo ads for $1,500 - $3,000 will NEVER

**Wait, I want to make sure you read that**


Places like SelfGrowth.com or ArcaMax who have solo ads for $1,500 - $3,000, will NEVER EVER at any point in their sales process, guarantee you clicks.

Why?

Because no really marketer with a real list can ever guarantee clicks.


Oh yeah, and if you look into the reviews of people on Udimi, you'll quickly see how those glowing reviews are from fellow solo ad sellers.

It's like a carnival and all the Carnies are backing everyone up to rip you off of your money.


What are your thoughts?

Maybe some folks who have extensive knowledge can put in some information about how one can guarantee the control of what their subscribers do on the other end of the internet.
#email marketing #ads #clicks #guaranteed #scam #solo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author p30webhost
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005462].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
      Originally Posted by p30webhost View Post

      very good thank you
      This could be the best post on Warrior Forum of 2017.
      Thank you for contributing so much to our community.
      You should pat yourself on the back.
      Signature
      Chat On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | Visit Our Website: http://www.datafts.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TOPLife Solo Ads
    You can guarantee clicks based on previous stats. If you know that your list converts at about 6% daily Click through rate then you know how many clicks you can sell, or how fast you can sell them.
    Anyhow, to send exactly 1000 clicks you don't need magic or to be a psychic, you just need to use Clickmagick or any tracking and redirecting service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005463].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author heaththompson
      This is typical of all types of marketing and sale generation. I offer telemarketing to businesses and often win contracts that I have no experience in their specific field, but it makes very little difference, I know that I simply have to contact the people to find the one who is looking right now, or soon. It's the old saying "you have to put wood on the fire to make it burn."
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
    I think its very easy to guarantee clicks if you have a good baseline on how your lists responds to certain types of advertisements.

    If I have a list of lets say 100,000 subscribers, and any biz opp offer I send them generates me at least 10,000 clicks, and has done so for the last 4 years, offering 5000 guaranteed clicks would make perfect sense.

    And if for whatever reason something goes catastrophically wrong, I can always send them a partial of full refund to compensate them, no harm no foul.

    The main issue with solo ads is that many of the leads and clicks are the same leads that get pummeled with the same offers over and over again. On top of that, in my experience, most people who are buying solo ads dont have a clue how to write good copy or convert hot leads, therefore leaving them in the negative.

    People who truly understand lead generation do it themself, using a variety of traffic sources, including email, sms, social media, ppc, ppv and more. They generate their own leads and sell them their own products and services, or they sell the leads for cash, mostly depending on the niche and amount of fields gathered for each lead.

    Solo ads are just a big circle jerk in my opinion. I am sure plenty of people will disagree with me.
    Signature
    Chat On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | Visit Our Website: http://www.datafts.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005464].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TOPLife Solo Ads
      I can understand your point of view and actually there is a lot of distrust in the industry given some wrong practices been applied by some vendors, but like in any kind of service, there are good vendors and bad vendors.

      The point is to find a good Solo Ad vendor, which means a real service provider focused on providing a honest and valuable service
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well if you have a good solo ad provider this thing will work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11005893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ellen Chedid
    Excellent post. Thank you for the insight
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      The OP has obviously never been around the solo ad industry and it is easy to distrust what we are ignorant of. Fear of the unknown is a very basic human quality. It is so weird that all the people making money online (Millionaires) swear by solo ads... I wonder how they made all that money getting scammed by solo ad folks? Maybe there are bad people around but there are plenty of good eggs out there too. Most solo ads over deliver. You can see a ton of solo ad sellers who have good reviews on Facebook. There are a ton of people reporting that they made more than they spent... This does not seem consistent with your OP. It sounds like you did not do research and just want to fear monger. This seems unkind to speak evil of people as a group without knowing them. I did some research and found these are the top trustworthy sellers
      Traffic Tutor: Top 10 Trustworthy Solo Ad Sellers
      Hope some of you run away from the fear and progress in 2017
      You make some great points.

      There's two big people who I know of who talk highly of Soloads, Matt Lloyd and Daegan Smith.

      Both highly recommend places like SelfGrowth and ArcaMax.

      Those are the two biggest they use.

      Neither of the two ever guarantee clicks. One video, Matt Lloyd even shows how he spent (I think) $1,000 and not one sale.

      They also talk about options maybe reaching about 25%. Definitely not 50-75%.

      Now I've seen that list of Solo Ads you provided I my research.

      I'm currently going to test out some.

      Here's what I find hilarious in many of the "reviews" from people.

      They'll put their stats like this.
      Clicks ordered: 200 (probably cost about $200)
      Clicks received: 250
      Optin Rate: 47%
      Sales: YES!! Or they'll say 3 Sales.


      Now why wouldn't they say that they made a profit?

      That's because none of them ever do.

      If you made a Profit, I'm sure many people would say that.

      So very few people ever do.

      That's because they probably did make one sale or maybe 3.

      But when your product only sells for $9.97, it's hard to be excited when you spent $200.

      I'll continue to throw money away if that's what it takes to get to the truth.

      Someone has to lead the way and if that means it has to be me, then so be it.

      When I do decide to fork out the money for SelfGrowth, I'll let you know how that goes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006565].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
        Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

        You make some great points.

        There's two big people who I know of who talk highly of Soloads, Matt Lloyd and Daegan Smith.

        Both highly recommend places like SelfGrowth and ArcaMax.

        Those are the two biggest they use.

        Neither of the two ever guarantee clicks. One video, Matt Lloyd even shows how he spent (I think) $1,000 and not one sale.

        They also talk about options maybe reaching about 25%. Definitely not 50-75%.

        Now I've seen that list of Solo Ads you provided I my research.

        I'm currently going to test out some.

        Here's what I find hilarious in many of the "reviews" from people.

        They'll put their stats like this.
        Clicks ordered: 200 (probably cost about $200)
        Clicks received: 250
        Optin Rate: 47%
        Sales: YES!! Or they'll say 3 Sales.


        Now why wouldn't they say that they made a profit?

        That's because none of them ever do.

        If you made a Profit, I'm sure many people would say that.

        So very few people ever do.

        That's because they probably did make one sale or maybe 3.

        But when your product only sells for $9.97, it's hard to be excited when you spent $200.

        I'll continue to throw money away if that's what it takes to get to the truth.

        Someone has to lead the way and if that means it has to be me, then so be it.

        When I do decide to fork out the money for SelfGrowth, I'll let you know how that goes.
        I get what you are saying about the testimonials.

        Back when I was buying solo ads - I actually started making videos showing results (and profit) from those I had a positive ROI from.

        Meaning I would spend $70 on the ad and make at least $150+

        But thats just me - everyone else would do exactly what you said.

        Or worse use CPL or PPL and say thats how they made sales haha.

        Isaiah
        Signature
        If You Are Still Struggling To Build Your Email List - You Need To Download This Free Report Because It Reveals... How To Get 1,000 Email Subscribers In 30 Days Or Less - Without Feeling Confused, Frustrated, or Overwhelmed
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11125919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author martbost
    Just to put my 20 or 30 cents worth in on this thread...

    I have been a Solo provider for a few years now and have backed off of it simply because I am more focused on product creation and marketing to my lists with my preferred style.

    I can say that I have used Quality Click Control on dedicated hosting for a while and regularly offered Tier-1 guaranteed clicks as I had complete control over the country designations in the link management. Any non-tier 1 countries would be redirected to other campaigns that I was fulfilling orders for.

    The business of providing a guarantee of the clicks is quite possible by using the right rotators and click management solutions.

    My biggest obstacle during that time was keeping enough steady lead flow inbound daily to account for the wash rate of unsubscribes in some of my other list segments. I eventually moved towards grooming and maintaining my lists for my own use rather than "pimping out" my lists with other customer's offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006555].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zoe_21
      Originally Posted by martbost;

      My biggest obstacle during that time was keeping enough steady lead flow inbound daily to account for the wash rate of unsubscribes in some of my other list segments. I eventually moved towards grooming and maintaining my lists for my own use rather than "pimping out" my lists with other customer's offers.
      Were the inbound lead flow aware (and agreed) that they were opting in to be pimped out for financial gain?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    I see ones all the time with a ROI listed. The Facebook groups are called solo ad testimonials. You can guarantee clicks only if you know what percentage of your list will open and repeat until you deliver the quantity. That is why you never see clicks ordered 100 clicks deliver 100... There's usually some spill over because it is not an exact science without a crystal ball.... Solo ad people who under deliver don't end up staying in business...
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Lol. That's exactly my point.

      Read those testimonials. They're garbage and pretty much tell you nothing.

      If you read between the lines you'll actually see that they say they made no profit.


      A good testimonial would be:

      I've ordered with Johns Solos for the past 6 months.

      I've invested $1,257 (screenshot of invoices)

      I've made over 500 leads for my business. (Screenshot of tracking link stats)

      2 of which I've personally brought into my business.

      I also made 27 sales for a total profit of $2,631 (screenshot of sales)



      Where are those reviews? There are no actual good reviews.

      There's only a smoke and mirror show going on, which I described in my original post, and good people are being taken advantage of.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    The site does not allow that format. If everyone is losing money buying these ads, then they would stop. You can't keep putting money in forever without getting a return. I would never invest in something that I was losing money on for long term. How could I? Maybe we could start a new FB group solo ad testimonials with screenshots and sales info... That way we could see the truth very clearly. I think it is important to note they guarantee clicks not sales. If your site is not converting, no ad will help until it has what it needs to make sales
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Does not allow that format?

    That's fishy.

    Yes. Does not guarantee sales.

    However, clicks mean nothing. I can go o Fiverr and buy a million clicks if I wanted to.

    Those clicks need to lead to a 'lead', which would hopefully lead to a sale.

    If I'm investing $1,000 a month, and I return making back $500 in "sales" and dead beat leads.

    Spending that $500 a month is not working.

    I had a Magnetic Sponsoring (back before it was Elite Marketing Pro) account filled with leads and products.

    I eventually sold that account for about $1,000 or something. Was a few years back.


    The receiver got my products inside the account along with all of the leads and the recurring sales. (There was not a couple)

    I know what a good lead is and is not.

    I know when I see a smoke and mirror show going on.

    Right now I'm also testing banner ads. When those campaigns finish I'll let people know how that went and if it was profitable.

    From the many people I've talked with who have advertised SelfGrowth.com soloads.

    They've quite enjoyed it. A couple
    Have said they didn't get much out of it and a few have been advertising with them for years.

    This can be proven by being subscribed to the list and seeing the same ads from the same people every now and then.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    I just blew another $100 fr a
    So-called reputable source from the list you Provided me.

    This one is quite hilarious and such a total scam. They're not going to like the review I'll be leaving for them.

    I'll post more on the latest post I just made.

    It's not up yet but it's called

    How Solo Ads are scamming
    Your hard earned money

    Or something like that. It should be up soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11006657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    The reviews are not all from other solo ad providers. There are not secret meetings like the Masons or something. They just sell a service. If it did not work, people would stop using it and the service would die. I honestly believe the reviews are real. Another way to arrive at the truth is to private message some of the reviewers and ask for more details...
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      The reviews are not all from other solo ad providers. There are not secret meetings like the Masons or something. They just sell a service. If it did not work, people would stop using it and the service would die. I honestly believe the reviews are real. Another way to arrive at the truth is to private message some of the reviewers and ask for more details...

      As for the reviews.

      You provided a list yesterday which I seen before from my research. But yesterday I decided to test it out to prove my point.

      I chose #1.

      I read through all of the reviews. And proceeded with a 100 click package.

      I waited for my solo ad to be requested....

      She just went ahead and supposedly sent my link to her list. I didn't even see the ad.

      I don't know what it said or anything.

      *Red Flag*

      How does no one see this scam going on.

      Yes you get clicks.
      Yes you get leads.
      Yes you get sales.

      But when your clicks mean nothing. Go to fiverr and buy a million clicks if you want to get your rocks off.

      When your leads mean nothing and are dead end, you can have a list of ten million that's worth absolutely nothing.

      The sales never go over the top unless you're an avid buyer. They'll lose money on one or two of them to make you keep coming back.

      It's a beautiful scheme going on and we're going to blow the lid off this.

      Solo ads are a scam from 90% of providers who don't have real lists.

      As for the 10%. You'll pay dearly and you won't get any guarantees of clicks. They'll actually ask for your ad you want to send, but if your copy sucks.... you'll get nothing.


      This girl I threw my money away with, I didn't even have to write any copy.

      She was supposedly very reputable.

      Solo ads are a scam.

      Unless you are buying from actual sources.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007519].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zoe_21
        Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac;

        Solo ads are a scam. Unless you are buying from actual sources.
        So you concluding:

        Solo Ads are a 'scam'

        OR

        you concluding Solo Ads aren't a 'scam'?

        Confusing statement there me thinks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007551].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
          Originally Posted by Zoe_21 View Post

          So you concluding:

          Solo Ads are a 'scam'

          OR

          you concluding Solo Ads aren't a 'scam'?

          Confusing statement there me thinks
          Yes I agree.

          Most solo ad providers are scams.

          You give them $100.

          They're giving you back $40.

          Continue this smoke and mirror show and see how long You last.


          However, there are a select few and hard to find and expensive solo ad providers.

          Those are the good ones. I've mentioned a couple Of them.

          Just like how most money making opportunities are scams but a very select few are not.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    You said Yes you get sales. If I get sales, scam me like that every day!!
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007568].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      You said Yes you get sales. If I get sales, scam me like that every day!!
      Are you serious!??!



      If you give me $1,000.

      I give you back $500.


      Want to continue playing this game?

      Because if so, I'm all for that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007580].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mdallen
        Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

        Are you serious!??!



        If you give me $1,000.

        I give you back $500.


        Want to continue playing this game?

        Because if so, I'm all for that.
        That is exactly my point. If people were spending a thousand to get 500 back no one would be buying solo ads.
        Signature

        Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007697].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
          Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

          That is exactly my point. If people were spending a thousand to get 500 back no one would be buying solo ads.
          Holy smokes. I think I've got to get out the crayons to explain this.....

          But that is what's happening.

          Someone has $1,500 for a budget.

          They see all these reviews. (Not knowing most of the reviews are mainly from other solo ad sellers)

          They start off with $100.

          The ad runs.

          They get $50 in sales plus a whole bunch of leads. (Not bad)


          They put in another $100.

          They get $75 this time (this is the trick. To make you think you're winning)

          You then put in $300.

          You get back $200.


          You then give $500


          Please tell me you understand this.

          People *think* they are winning.

          So they go back again and again.

          They get excited that they got so many leads and sales (sales that amounted to less than the whole cost)

          They leave a review.

          Other people see the reviews and take part in the scam as well.


          If you multiply this by ten people, the seller is making a killing taking advantage of these people.


          You give me $100.

          I give you back $50.

          You think your solo ad worked. So you tweak it.

          You give me another $100.

          I give you $75 this time. (So close!)

          You tweak it again and give me $250

          You make $125.


          You continue to do it until you cannot
          Go anymore.

          Until the next person comes along and does the exact same thing.


          The buyer loses.

          The house wins every time.

          The seller may even let you leave with more than you paid.

          Imagine the review they'll get after that one.

          Imagine all of the people who will jump in on this scam of
          Solo ads.

          *I made back twice what I put in!!*


          I don't know how much more in depth I can explai this.....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007706].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lloydmc
        Nathan,

        You can't treat solo ads as a quick money source.

        By your logic, fb and bing advertising is a scam because you can lose money on those platforms all day, but If you nurture your list right, you can eventually make 2x, 4x, 10x your money back.

        Look at the long game.

        Ask yourself "how many times can I sell to 1 customer? "

        The fact that you got sales means the market is receptive.

        50% roi is a better test then most.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011863].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
          Originally Posted by lloydmc View Post

          Nathan,

          You can't treat solo ads as a quick money source.

          By your logic, fb and bing advertising is a scam because you can lose money on those platforms all day, but If you nurture your list right, you can eventually make 2x, 4x, 10x your money back.

          Look at the long game.

          Ask yourself "how many times can I sell to 1 customer? "

          The fact that you got sales means the market is receptive.

          50% roi is a better test then most.

          You Still don't understand the logic behind how the solo ads scam is played.

          Read the thread. The leads are fake. The sales are fake.

          There is no long term game.

          It's all a show to continue to take advantage of good hardworking individuals.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012069].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author p30webhost
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11008097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rritz
    When you put in an ad on facebook, google or bing you won't get any guarantee for sales either. If you pay per impression you won't even get a guarantee of clicks.

    Solo ads is just another way of generating traffic.

    I always wonder why people are happily throwing their money to adwords and getting 100% negative ROI but the second a solo ad does not produce sales they say it's a scam ..

    A campaign is a combination of a traffic source, a lander, a funnel and maybe a follow up email campaign
    Tons of things that can go wrong, tons of things to test and optimize. But if a solo ad doesn't convert it's fake traffic and bots.

    You can get crappy traffic from any source - meaning by that that the leads may not be targeted enough, they are oversaturated, they are just browsing and in no mood to buy or sign up for a list you are trying to build
    You can get traffic that doesn't convert because your landers or sales pages suck
    Your leads may not follow up with your emails because they are boring or because they simply never land in any inboxes but go straight to spam folders

    But hey, if you don't like solo ads then simply don't buy them. It's as easy as that. There are enough other ways of buying traffic.
    To say all solo ads are scam is simply wrong
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007571].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by rritz View Post

      When you put in an ad on facebook, google or bing you won't get any guarantee for sales either. If you pay per impression you won't even get a guarantee of clicks.

      Solo ads is just another way of generating traffic.

      I always wonder why people are happily throwing their money to adwords and getting 100% negative ROI but the second a solo ad does not produce sales they say it's a scam ..

      A campaign is a combination of a traffic source, a lander, a funnel and maybe a follow up email campaign
      Tons of things that can go wrong, tons of things to test and optimize. But if a solo ad doesn't convert it's fake traffic and bots.

      You can get crappy traffic from any source - meaning by that that the leads may not be targeted enough, they are oversaturated, they are just browsing and in no mood to buy or sign up for a list you are trying to build
      You can get traffic that doesn't convert because your landers or sales pages suck
      Your leads may not follow up with your emails because they are boring or because they simply never land in any inboxes but go straight to spam folders

      But hey, if you don't like solo ads then simply don't buy them. It's as easy as that. There are enough other ways of buying traffic.
      To say all solo ads are scam is simply wrong


      Here's what's going on.

      I'll explain in simple terms.

      I'm giving you $100.

      You're giving me back $40.

      I continue to give you $100.

      You continue to give me back $40.


      If we do this enough, you'll even give me back all my $100 and maybe more.

      But only after I have given you $100 many more times.


      That's what's happening.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    No one would keep paying money only to losing money. I guess I need crayons to explain to you. No one would give someone 100 to get back 50 over and over again. There is no way a scam like that could work. The only logical answer is that people are spending 100 to get 150 or 200. Otherwise no one would do it. You are determined to have your prejudice without any factual substantiation. Use your mind and think it through instead of being all emotional
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      No one would keep paying money only to losing money. I guess I need crayons to explain to you. No one would give someone 100 to get back 50 over and over again. There is no way a scam like that could work. The only logical answer is that people are spending 100 to get 150 or 200. Otherwise no one would do it. You are determined to have your prejudice without any factual substantiation. Use your mind and think it through instead of being all emotional
      Holy crap. You're ridiculous.


      Keep buying them.

      You probably sell them by the sounds of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11007720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      No one would keep paying money only to losing money. I guess I need crayons to explain to you. No one would give someone 100 to get back 50 over and over again.
      In hope I'm not replying to a seller, in answer to your question; they don't.

      They (ideally), eventually come to their senses and stop, because they never make a profit.

      If they don't stop, they see it as a lottery in the sense that maybe the next one will be the winner - and some gamble a lot longer than others.

      You haven't made a profit using solo ad sellers and you never will - nor has anyone else. Business isn't that easy and no-one would exploit true, valuable lists.

      The main problem why people don't grasp the fact that the sign-up's they get are useless is because they expect the follow up offers to convert - and they never do. Sometime people mix up subscribers from many sources too.

      The advice you are receiving is quite literally a gift. It doesn't need a hard sell. Take heed and you'll avoid all detriments!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009121].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
        Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post

        In hope I'm not replying to a seller, in answer to your question; they don't.

        They (ideally), eventually come to their senses and stop, because they never make a profit.

        If they don't stop, they see it as a lottery in the sense that maybe the next one will be the winner - and some gamble a lot longer than others.

        You haven't made a profit using solo ad sellers and you never will - nor has anyone else. Business isn't that easy and no-one would exploit true, valuable lists.

        The main problem why people don't grasp the fact that the sign-up's they get are useless is because they expect the follow up offers to convert - and they never do. Sometime people mix up subscribers from many sources too.

        The advice you are receiving is quite literally a gift. It doesn't need a hard sell. Take heed and you'll avoid all detriments!
        This is beautifully said
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11010273].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
      Originally Posted by mdallen View Post

      No one would keep paying money only to losing money. I guess I need crayons to explain to you. No one would give someone 100 to get back 50 over and over again. There is no way a scam like that could work. The only logical answer is that people are spending 100 to get 150 or 200. Otherwise no one would do it. You are determined to have your prejudice without any factual substantiation. Use your mind and think it through instead of being all emotional
      Are you kidding me?

      Do you know how many gullible people there are in this world to exploit?

      We have not even spoken about the fake and bot clicks many of these providers use?

      On top of that, if everyone was making money with solo ads, nobody would be complaining.

      There are so many people so desperate to get out of the 9-5 and make money on the side, and there are all these people preying on them, and ripping them off.

      Facebook and other paid traffic sources have crappy traffic too, but at least, with some strong optimizations and cutting out bad traffic sources, you can create profitable campaigns fairly easy.

      Solo ads just mean you have to trust the person to send you good traffic, which 99% of the time is the same traffic being sold over and over and over and over again to other people.

      Here is why people run Solo Ads, because they can charge $.50 a click to other users to buy them. If they were to run their list to any other biz opp or mlm opportunity at a CPA Network, their EPC would be under $.05, and likely under $.01, just proving the fact that these lists are dead and filled with users who sign up for anything and rarely convert or spend any money on the backend.
      Signature
      Chat On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | Visit Our Website: http://www.datafts.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author p30webhost
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robyoder
    Hey Guys Most Solo ads providers like myself . We don't have huge email list and mass mail ,hoping to get clicks .

    No we sell per click like .35 per click . So 100 clicks would be $35 and most ever body gives 10% over delivery. So u get 110 clicks.

    This is how I look at it . It's advertising. Somebody reads a email talking about making money online ,they click the link and go see what it is .
    Now it's your Job to have a high converting funnel in place. To make profit.
    Think for a second if a solo ad was always profitable would there be solo ad sellers ? No they would just send straight to offers themselves .
    It's just a advertising solution . No scam . Now there are some questionable sellers so do your research before buying!
    Signature

    Take Postive Action Today.
    www.robyoder.net

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lloydmc
    What you have to consider is the long term value of your lead.

    If you spent $500 and got back $250, you got yourself a good start.

    Selling to people who already purchased from you is easy.

    The freebie munchers you simply put them into a 30 day auto responder sequence that builds trust, authority and makes them like you and your content.

    The solo ad doesn't end at just the solo ad.

    Come back with 30, 60, 90 days data and a customer value of your list and you might just find that the solo ad was worth it after all.

    All you have to do is put in the extra work is all (I know, easier said then done. Which is why you have to have fun with it too ).

    Edit: for grammar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by lloydmc View Post

      What you have to consider is the long term value of your lead.

      If you spent $500 and got back $250, you got yourself a good start.

      Selling to people who already purchased from you is easy.

      The freebie munchers you simply put them into a 30 day auto responder sequence that builds trust, authority and makes them like you and your content.

      The solo ad doesn't end at just the solo ad.

      Come back with 30, 60, 90 days data and a customer value of your list and you might just find that the solo ad was worth it after all.

      All you have to do is put in the extra work is all (I know, easier said then done. Which is why you have to have fun with it too ).

      Edit: for grammar
      You guys are hilarious......

      There is no long term game with solo ads.

      90% of Solo Ads are all a part of the solo ads scam and the reviews are fake from other solo ad sellers.


      The sales are only there to make you
      Think you're a winner when you're not.

      Read the thread before commenting. It's been explained in depth.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author p30webhost
    how many times can I sell to 1 customer?

    and anser?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011892].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by p30webhost View Post

      how many times can I sell to 1 customer?

      and anser?

      A REAL customer you can continue to sell to.

      The customers you get through the solo ads scam are not real.

      They're only there to make you feel like you're a winner at the carnival game so you continue to play until you cannot go anymore.

      It's a smoke and mirror show.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    None ofe that is true or factual. Solo ads are not a scam. People trying to get everything for free, spinning their wheels until they quit is the real scam
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    There are good solo ad sellers and bad solo ad sellers...END OF STORY.

    You need to test and have a good funnel and/or back-end strategy.

    I know someone that spends $30K-$40K per month on solo ads and they make about million per year from it. They have a deep funnel and good back-end.
    Signature
    Click ---> Proven Blueprint for Turning Cold Email into 6-7 Figure Business <--- Click

    Fresh / Targeted Daily Email Data | Software | Consulting -> PM or SKYPE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012358].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

      There are good solo ad sellers and bad solo ad sellers...END OF STORY.

      You need to test and have a good funnel and/or back-end strategy.

      I know someone that spends $30K-$40K per month on solo ads and they make about million per year from it. They have a deep funnel and good back-end.
      That's easy to do if you're buying from places like SelfGrowth or ArcaMax when their legitimate solo ads are $1,500 - $3,000

      That's any where from only 10 - 20 solo ads. Which is not very many but when the reach is probably going out to 10 - 20 million people.

      That's serious stuff.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11013270].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
        Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

        There are good solo ad sellers and bad solo ad sellers...END OF STORY.

        You need to test and have a good funnel and/or back-end strategy.

        I know someone that spends $30K-$40K per month on solo ads and they make about million per year from it. They have a deep funnel and good back-end.
        Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

        That's easy to do if you're buying from places like SelfGrowth or ArcaMax when their legitimate solo ads are $1,500 - $3,000

        That's any where from only 10 - 20 solo ads. Which is not very many but when the reach is probably going out to 10 - 20 million people.

        That's serious stuff.
        I'm amazed that you condemn all solo ads and say they are a scam, but you have absolutely no problem promoting services you have never used and will even go so far as to say that it's easy to make $1mm per year as long as you use them.

        The person I know doesn't use either of the services you recommend.

        Imagine that...he is getting scammed out of $30K-$40K per month (based on your warnings / advice), but still manages to do upwards of $80K+ per month.

        Dumbfounding!
        Signature
        Click ---> Proven Blueprint for Turning Cold Email into 6-7 Figure Business <--- Click

        Fresh / Targeted Daily Email Data | Software | Consulting -> PM or SKYPE
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015403].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
          Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

          I'm amazed that you condemn all solo ads and say they are a scam, but you have absolutely no problem promoting services you have never used and will even go so far as to say that it's easy to make $1mm per year as long as you use them.

          The person I know doesn't use either of the services you recommend.

          Imagine that...he is getting scammed out of $30K-$40K per month (based on your warnings / advice), but still manages to do upwards of $80K+ per month.

          Dumbfounding!


          Yes I'll promote them. I haven't used them yet, but a few big names of people have recommended them Daegan Smith, Matt Lloyd +. All of the other marketers I've been contacting who 90% have said it's been a great service and I see many of which continue to advertise (as I'm part of the newsletter and get to see the returning advertisers)

          Currently in works to advertise with ArcaMax and will be transparent about my results, so that anyone else looking to advertise with them, can know what to expect.

          Your magical fairy friend who hides behind the curtain must have some pretty good resources.

          I have posted a few good places and will continue to do so as I find them.

          Until then, it's best to just stay away from many of the solo ad reviews and testimonials especially from the Facebook groups.

          Say hi to your magical fairy tale friend for me.

          Maybe if he decides to come out from the curtain, he could share his multimillionaire knowledge with all of us peasants....
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015426].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
          Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

          I'm amazed that you condemn all solo ads and say they are a scam, but you have absolutely no problem promoting services you have never used and will even go so far as to say that it's easy to make $1mm per year as long as you use them.

          The person I know doesn't use either of the services you recommend.

          Imagine that...he is getting scammed out of $30K-$40K per month (based on your warnings / advice), but still manages to do upwards of $80K+ per month.

          Dumbfounding!

          Forgot to mention....

          My sisters friends uncles brother knows a guy who dated a girl who was roommates with a teacher who once knew a guy that told them they went to school with a woman who claimed to have known a mechanic who was once a retired airplane pilot who now makes a gazillion bajillion dollars, and he did it all through solo ads.

          He may be the same guy!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015430].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
            Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

            Yes I'll promote them. I haven't used them yet, but a few big names of people have recommended them Daegan Smith, Matt Lloyd +. All of the other marketers I've been contacting who 90% have said it's been a great service and I see many of which continue to advertise (as I'm part of the newsletter and get to see the returning advertisers)

            Currently in works to advertise with ArcaMax and will be transparent about my results, so that anyone else looking to advertise with them, can know what to expect.

            Your magical fairy friend who hides behind the curtain must have some pretty good resources.

            I have posted a few good places and will continue to do so as I find them.

            Until then, it's best to just stay away from many of the solo ad reviews and testimonials especially from the Facebook groups.

            Say hi to your magical fairy tale friend for me.

            Maybe if he decides to come out from the curtain, he could share his multimillionaire knowledge with all of us peasants....
            Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

            Forgot to mention....

            My sisters friends uncles brother knows a guy who dated a girl who was roommates with a teacher who once knew a guy that told them they went to school with a woman who claimed to have known a mechanic who was once a retired airplane pilot who now makes a gazillion bajillion dollars, and he did it all through solo ads.

            He may be the same guy!
            My magical friend has a solid funnel and backend, which I stated in my original post.

            I have even said who he gets his solo ads from in prior posts, well before you ever started with your idiotic posts. So I'm not making things up, like you are with all solo ads are scams.

            I don't buy solo ads and I don't sell solo ads. So I have no axe to grind or am I bias in any way. Just what you are saying is not true.
            Signature
            Click ---> Proven Blueprint for Turning Cold Email into 6-7 Figure Business <--- Click

            Fresh / Targeted Daily Email Data | Software | Consulting -> PM or SKYPE
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    It's nice to see that this and my other post about solo ads guaranteed clicks scam is on the first page of Google.

    That means more people are seeing this article as well as my other other one "how Solo Ads are scamming your hard earned money"

    That equates to more people saving their hard earned money and less scammers taking advantage of good hardworking people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author p30webhost
    really what should we do?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wilhb81
    I've tested with Solo ads before (dumped over few grands into it). So far, the result I got from it was not as good as I thought (maybe I'm using the wrong method, or the products that I promoted was not converted well)...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by wilhb81 View Post

      I've tested with Solo ads before (dumped over few grands into it). So far, the result I got from it was not as good as I thought (maybe I'm using the wrong method, or the products that I promoted was not converted well)...
      No, 90% of them are part of a Solo Ads Testimonials Scam and they take advantage of many many people
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brady Maijon
    My opinion is Solo ads can be profitable if you know the ways on how things work out. There's a reason why Solo Ads business is still going strong until today.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by Brady Maijon View Post

      My opinion is Solo ads can be profitable if you know the ways on how things work out. There's a reason why Solo Ads business is still going strong until today.
      Yes. That reason is explained in depth in this post.

      When people are drawn into the Solo Ads testimonials scam, they go after it like a casino game. Which it basically is, or as I like to call it, a carnival game.

      At least in the carnival game you get to walk away with a pink unicorn, making you think like you won, so you'll come back again.

      Which many do, until they can't come back any more.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11019952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mdallen
    That is a great set of extra resources. It is hard to find solo ads that are not about making money online
    Signature

    Mike Allen - How to earn $100/Day with Free Traffic Methods http://traffic-tutor.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Young
    It's not always easy to find a good solo ad provider. But it doesn't matter if you are selling clicks or buying them you need to be tracking everything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11043777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Yes make sure you track your links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11043802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jw22777
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Let's break 1,000 views for this post and save thousands more dollars from the solo ads testimonials scam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bucktoof70
    You have to be careful, but there are reputable companies out there. They can guarantee clicks, because they will send your solo ad multiple times until you reach that number.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gnojham
    Banned
    wait, what? all the 'learn how to make $10,000 a day without even working, all you gotta do is pay me $4000' signature links and wso's are scams? da fuk??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author depotgang
    I sell solo's and I can easily guarantee 1,000 clicks. I use clickmagic to track a prevent fraud to protect my customer. It does a great job. I sell between 5,000 and 10,000 clicks a day...everyone one of them safe clear and real.

    I do not buy ANY solo's because I have a better method for building a list.

    Now what I cannot guarantee and NO ONE CAN is tell you show my list members will respond once they join your list. That's up to your marketing skills.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
      Originally Posted by depotgang View Post

      I sell solo's and I can easily guarantee 1,000 clicks. I use clickmagic to track a prevent fraud to protect my customer. It does a great job. I sell between 5,000 and 10,000 clicks a day...everyone one of them safe clear and real.

      I do not buy ANY solo's because I have a better method for building a list.

      Now what I cannot guarantee and NO ONE CAN is tell you show my list members will respond once they join your list. That's up to your marketing skills.
      You are one of the first to sound semi legit about selling solo ads.
      Click Magick I can confirm is a legit service for tracking clicks and removing bots from your clicks.
      I think this thread is more about exposing that most people who are in fact selling solo ads are selling bot clicks and fake clicks.
      Not saying everyone is like that, but a huge majority of them are.
      Signature
      Chat On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | Visit Our Website: http://www.datafts.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118154].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rritz
        Originally Posted by ProducerK View Post

        You are one of the first to sound semi legit about selling solo ads.
        Click Magick I can confirm is a legit service for tracking clicks and removing bots from your clicks.
        I think this thread is more about exposing that most people who are in fact selling solo ads are selling bot clicks and fake clicks.
        Not saying everyone is like that, but a huge majority of them are.
        I have not met a single solo ad seller yet who does not use either Click Magick or Quality Click Control.
        You need a software like CM for the rotator functions. And you have to do the reporting for your clients from CM.

        In fact, solo ads are the only traffic generation model I know where the Traffic Seller supplies any kind of proof of legit clicks. From CM I can send you a list of the actual IP addresses that your traffic came from.

        Apart from that, whenever you buy any traffic at all you should track it. How else would you know how to optimize your campaigns?

        There are bad hats in solo ads that will send you bot traffic and clicks from click farms .. yes. There are also other traffic sources that do the same. I got a ton of bot clicks from Bidvertiser, bing and adwords even. So is anyone bashing PPC or PPV because of that? Nope.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11119599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    What's another scam we could expose to help more people
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
    Here is a good one, how 99% of data brokers are scams as well.
    Data brokers are like solo ad sellers, there is a very very small percentage of people who have a clue about what they are doing.
    There are a few legit dudes on this forum selling good data, but for the most part, everything your going to find in the search results are going to be garbage.
    Signature
    Chat On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | Visit Our Website: http://www.datafts.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11118165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robo916
    Jesus christ this guy is still at it making these pointless threads where he's obviously pushing some sh*tty service at Arcamax and selfgrowth or whatever it's called. We get it man, you're trying a subtle attempt to promote those services as the only "legit" traffic even though you admit you haven't even tried it.

    We get it, everybody in the solo ad industry is just selling 100% bot traffic right? That's what you're trying to convince everyone on WF of in this thread which is now at least your 2nd thread on the same topic.

    If you honestly think an entire industry of buyers and sellers is made up of bot traffic, you need your head examined.

    People have already explained to you 50 times over two threads and months of back and forth how it is possible to guarantee clicks if you know your list and use click trackers/rotators etc. you just refuse to face facts so we can't help you with that. If you are trying to push arcamax and selfgrowth, just admit it.

    That is not to say that there aren't bad sellers/scammers in this industry because like every other industry on the planet, there are.

    Now go ahead respond with some smart a** reply that insults me and repeats the same "everything is a scam except arcamax and selfgrowth" narrative you've been pushing like I know you will.
    Signature

    Internet business where someone else does all of the set-up, selling, and follow-up FOR YOU! ==> Click Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11121439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
      Originally Posted by robo916 View Post

      Jesus christ this guy is still at it making these pointless threads where he's obviously pushing some sh*tty service at Arcamax and selfgrowth or whatever it's called. We get it man, you're trying a subtle attempt to promote those services as the only "legit" traffic even though you admit you haven't even tried it.

      We get it, everybody in the solo ad industry is just selling 100% bot traffic right? That's what you're trying to convince everyone on WF of in this thread which is now at least your 2nd thread on the same topic.

      If you honestly think an entire industry of buyers and sellers is made up of bot traffic, you need your head examined.

      People have already explained to you 50 times over two threads and months of back and forth how it is possible to guarantee clicks if you know your list and use click trackers/rotators etc. you just refuse to face facts so we can't help you with that. If you are trying to push arcamax and selfgrowth, just admit it.

      That is not to say that there aren't bad sellers/scammers in this industry because like every other industry on the planet, there are.

      Now go ahead respond with some smart a** reply that insults me and repeats the same "everything is a scam except arcamax and selfgrowth" narrative you've been pushing like I know you will.
      SO TRUE!

      Every solo seller is a scammer, but the sources he recommends are perfectly legit. However, he has never even used them. Yet they are the only sources that are above board.

      This entire thread is nuts. Just as you said, there are bad apples in every industry.

      I have nothing to gain from my statements. I do not buy or sell solo ads. However, I do know those that do. I'm simply stating that just because something doesn't work for you doesn't make it a scam. For example how many marketers fail at running Facebook ads, so Facebook is a scam???
      Signature
      Click ---> Proven Blueprint for Turning Cold Email into 6-7 Figure Business <--- Click

      Fresh / Targeted Daily Email Data | Software | Consulting -> PM or SKYPE
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11121513].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
        Originally Posted by DIABL0 View Post

        SO TRUE!

        Every solo seller is a scammer, but the sources he recommends are perfectly legit. However, he has never even used them. Yet they are the only sources that are above board.

        This entire thread is nuts. Just as you said, there are bad apples in every industry.

        I have nothing to gain from my statements. I do not buy or sell solo ads. However, I do know those that do. I'm simply stating that just because something doesn't work for you doesn't make it a scam. For example how many marketers fail at running Facebook ads, so Facebook is a scam???
        You guys are so clueless.

        People are losing so much money through solo ads.

        I exposed it. No one likes that I did, especially you.

        I exposed how the whole solo ads testimonials scam works.

        How most of the reviews (especially the big purchases) are from other solo ad sellers.

        The ones I found are very reputable from very reputable people who I mentioned before.

        So if someone wants to use solo ads atleast they stand a decent chance to making money with those ones.

        Except nothing is guaranteed with them. Not even clicks.

        People get their rocks off with clicks. That's why the Solo ads scam is so pupular.

        It's a great smoke and mirrors show to make it look like someone is winning.

        Many of you folks who talk highly of solo ads never leave and sources.

        So that's a little fishy.

        In the end.... many people have saved thousands of dollars over the months these posts have been up.

        Will it ever stop the Solo ads testimonials scam?

        No.

        They'll continue to mold it into a better scam.

        Until then, we share the message about how Solo ads are stealing your hard earned money.

        Especially from the Solo ads testimonial Facebook groups.

        Don't trust those places the slightest bit.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11121975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    There's a good amount of views on this post now. That's fantastic.

    The SOLO ADS TESTIMONIALS SCAM has been exposed.

    Thousands of dollars have been saved.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11121452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
    I've made thousands of sales from the lists I've built (actually, tens of thousands). I'm a top affiliate on several different networks. I've been on dozens of leaderboards and won several affiliate contests. My list has been built almost entirely with solo ads. So how can they be a scam?

    There are some absolutely incredible sellers out there and once you master solo ads, they can be an incredible way to build an online income quickly.

    People who buy solo ads and try to use the solo ad itself as a profit engine are doing it all wrong. That's short term thinking and that will NEVER build you a long term income.

    The purpose of solo ads are to add new leads to your list. Once you add those leads to your list, it's up to you how those leads performs. It depends on your ability to write compelling email copy and provide value to your leads (among other skills).

    Some of what the OP says is right. Many of the leads you get from solo ads will never open any of your emails no matter what you do. Many of them will never buy anything from you. In fact, it's fair to say that most of them will probably never buy from you. And that's fine, because it's a numbers game and the idea is to add as many new subscribers to your list every day as possible.

    My goal with a solo ad is to simply cover the cost. If you buy a 100-click solo ad for $50 and you are promoting a $9.95 product on the back end then put bluntly, you're an idiot. My rule of thumb is that I want to cover the cost of 100 clicks with ONE sale. So what does that mean? Well, it means if you buy 100 clicks for $50, you need to promote a product that pays at least $50 per sale.

    You should only realistically expect to make ONE sale per 100 clicks, and that's only if you can achieve an opt-in rate of at least 40%. This means that if you get 100 clicks to your squeeze page, at least 40 people will opt-in, and therefore, at least 40 people will see your offer. Of those people, you hope for 1 sale.

    Do I cover my cost on every solo ad? Of course not. Anybody who says they do is lying. It's impossible to cover your cost of every solo you buy, because every seller's​ list is different. However, I would venture to say that I cover my cost at least 50% of the time.

    As I said earlier, your goal with a solo is not to make money on the solo ad itself, but to simply cover the cost of your investment, thereby getting your leads for free.

    As far as solo ad vendors buying your offer themselves to fool you into thinking that their solo ads are making sales, well, that's ridiculous.

    No solo ad vendor with a quarter of a brain is going to give you half or more of your money back by buying your offer themselves. Come on now. If I'm promoting an offer that pays me $50 commission, that means the offer most likely costs more than $50. If I bought 100 clicks and paid the vendor $50, then why would they spend more than what I paid them to buy my offer? With that logic, it means the vendor would lose money on the sale. I haven't heard of a vendor yet who is selling solos to lose money. Is it possible? Sure, anything is possible. It's possible I could be elected President of the United States. Is it probable? Hell no!

    Look, I'm not going to argue whether or not solo ads work. I know they work because I've been supporting myself completely with my list for the last 7-8 years and I've built it probably about 90% using solos

    It's like any other source of paid traffic. Some people will do well with it and some won't. For example, I can't succeed with FB ads to save my life. Yet, other marketers are killing it with them. Should I sit here and say that because FB ads haven't worked for me that they are a scam? It's the same idea with solo ads.

    I don't sell solo ads myself. I've got no "skin in the game," so to speak. I don't really have anything​ to gain by advocating them. I'm simply speaking from my own experience.

    I haven't had any luck with FB ads because I haven't taken the time to sit down and learn how to do it right. I don't have enough knowledge and/or experience to succeed with them. And that's fine. The point is, just because a traffic source doesn't work for a certain individual does NOT mean that it doesn't work for others or that it's a scam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11122325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emilly94
    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11123244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freedom4rmUrJob
    Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

    So I've been doing some research into solo ads for quite some time.

    Spent money here and there to test out many things.

    I've also looked deeply into the buyers and sellers of these so-called solo ads.

    For those who don't know, if someone has an email list of 100,000 subscribers, you can buy a solo ad which will be a stand alone email of yours to be sent out to that list of 100,000.

    Now to me, it makes no logical sense how anyone can GUARANTEE clicks.

    Everyone seems to get their rocks off about guaranteed clicks, pointless leads, or non profitable sales.

    What you need to be getting your rocks off on is profitable ROI.

    You have no control whatsoever of your list and if they choose to open, or let alone, click the link inside.

    You have absolutely no control on that.

    Unless.....

    You have full control of that list yourself.

    After talking to many marketers, the closest any true honest marketer will say, is they have a good estimation on open rate, and possible clicks.

    None of them ever send out an email to their list knowing they are going to get even one click.

    They only have an assumed estimation.

    Places like Udimi.

    Don't waste your money.

    You'll get clicks. You'll get leads that are useless. Depending on how much and often you spend, you might get a sale or two.

    Just not enough to make a profit.

    Let's paint that picture.

    You: $500 solo ad budget

    Me: Selling 1,000 clicks for $500

    $0.50 per click. Not bad at all.

    If I send your "solo ad" to my list of a million subscribers (supposedly)

    I some how magically know that you'll get 1,000 clicks.

    Because I'm a phsychic and all....

    But we'll take it one step further.

    Because you spent so much. I also know that you are selling a $47 product, with an upsell to another product for $197.


    I go to my circle of scammy Solo ad sellers (more on this later)

    I say I need a purchase of a product with the upswell.

    The other party uses a system like HideMyAss, purchased your product and upsell, and you're happy ass hell.

    - You paid for 1,000 clicks.
    - You received a fair amount leads. Say, 200 leads. +$1.00 per lead.
    - you also get one sale + an upsell. For a total of close to $250 (you can do the math for exact numbers....)

    You walk away only having spent a little over $250 + plus a bunch of "leads". (More like dead end leads)

    You think you scored pretty good buying the 1,000 leads for only $500, which only cost $250 after your sales.


    And as for me... I walked away with:
    - $250 in my pocket.
    - You'll leave a glowing review for others to take part in my scam.

    It's all smooth sailing for me and my fake clicks, leads, and sales.


    So there you have it. Any real person with a real list cannot guarantee clicks.

    Places like SelfGrowth.com or ArcaMax who have solo ads for $1,500 - $3,000 will NEVER

    **Wait, I want to make sure you read that**


    Places like SelfGrowth.com or ArcaMax who have solo ads for $1,500 - $3,000, will NEVER EVER at any point in their sales process, guarantee you clicks.

    Why?

    Because no really marketer with a real list can ever guarantee clicks.


    Oh yeah, and if you look into the reviews of people on Udimi, you'll quickly see how those glowing reviews are from fellow solo ad sellers.

    It's like a carnival and all the Carnies are backing everyone up to rip you off of your money.


    What are your thoughts?

    Maybe some folks who have extensive knowledge can put in some information about how one can guarantee the control of what their subscribers do on the other end of the internet.
    I have a way too many stories behind solo ads and losing my money, but I grateful because I learned quite a lot. I used a company that guaranteed me 300 clicks but they were all bogus.

    On the otherhand, there are definitely some legit companies out there. Now, for me personally, the big things with solos is being able to stay in contact with your list that subscribed, and see how much you can profit within the next 30 to 60 days. Sure, you may not get a sale right off, but what if you have buyers that are worth $50-$100 every 30 days ya know?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11126213].message }}

Trending Topics