How Solo Ads Are Scamming Your Hard Earned Money

by 104 replies
I recently wrote a post about Solo Ads called:
Are 'Guaranteed Clicks Solo Ads' A Scam?

You can search for it.

I was looking around for different ways to promote my Affiliate product Elite Marketing Pro.

Heard of Solo Ads a while back.

Bought a few courses regarding the type of adversing from such big names like Matt Lloyd and Daegan Smith.

Both had mentioned SelfGrowth.com for Solo Ads.

The only problem is it costs $1,500 - $3,000 for a solo ad, with NO guaranteed clicks.

I know what you're thinking.

"That's hogwash! No guaranteed clicks for a price like that!?"

That's right. Not one guarantee of even the slightest of a click.

But stay with me as you hear why.

These solo ad providers you see on Warrior and places like Safeswaps or Udimi. Think of them like carnies at the Carnival.

You know the games you walk by and they're trying to get you to lose some money.

"Hey sweetheart, got 300 top tier clicks with your name on it for $200"

They're all intertwined with one another.

Many of them leave the really glowing reviews for each other.

They know you'll lose money, but they make it so that it looks like you walked away a winner.

You get the Pink Unicorn to give to your mate.

Let's say you're walking by and one catches your eye with a delicious offer of 1,000 clicks for only $250 GUARANTEED.

You think just how amazing if you could get your offer in front of 1,000 people.

You'd have to make a sale for sure.

*oh you definitely do! That's their secret*


So you have a product for sale worth $50.

You take up the Carnie on his offer for 1,000 clicks for only $250.

A few days later you see a whole bunch of leads show up, and you even walk away with 2 sales!

That's $100!!

Plus all the leads you got.

What an amazing deal!!

*This is what I like to call the smoke and mirror show and this is where the magic happens* But not for you.

You run back to your friends howling in excitement about all your new leads and the two sales you made.

You follow up with your leads, only to hit a dead end with all of them.

The carnie comes back with an even sweeter deal.

5,000 clicks for $900 guaranteed 90% top tier.

Wow! How can you turn that deal down.

"Just imagine..... 5,000 people who see my offer."

This time you get 6 sales of $50.

Plus one upswell worth $300

Wow! That's amazing!!

"I made $600!! Plus a tonne of leads!"

You run off again in excitement about your sales and leads (that lead to know where)

You seem to forget the $300 you lost.

Now you tell your friends.

Your friend comes along and repeats the same process you just endured.

Which he then tells his friends and they tell their friends.

Resulting in 100's if not 1,000's of people running to play the carnies game.


The carnie made $150 off of you the first time and then $300 the second time. For a total of $450.

Now multiply that by 10 people who came to play the game after you shared your excitement.

The carnie walks away with $4,500.

All while everyone else walked away losing a total of $4,500.

But it was made to look like they actually made way with so much more. When in fact they actually didn't.


This is smoke and mirror show that's been happening and will continue to happen, unless we put a stop to this.

You can guess how many clicks you might receive, but you can never guarantee clicks.

You can only guess. So anyone who is guaranteeing clicks, should be approached with caution.

Places like ArcaMax, or SelfGrowth cost that much because you get real people and real people are random.

That's why you'll never get guaranteed clicks from real solo ad providers.

How can this be proven?

Buy a solo ad and write your title "open me"

In the solo ad, write:

Click the link below.


Watch how you magically get 100's of clicks.

You can write the absolutely worst copy, and you'll still get clicks.

Try that with a real solo ad provider.

You cannot guarantee clicks. You can only at best, guess but with the buyer knowing that's a guess based on previous stats.

You're better off cutting out the middle man and going straight to Fiverr.com and ordering top tier leads and clicks.

Then taking the rest of the $450 you would have given the Carnie, you give to your friend and say, I need you to buy this product from my site.


This is a complete smoke and mirror show.

Snake oil at its finest.

The purest of pure snake oil.

Not only have they sold ice to the Eskimos, they sold them a damn ice maker too so they can have ice all year round....

Keep your money.

Only go to places like ArcaMax or Selfgrowth and many of the other reputable solo ad providers.

Thoughts, comments, and even hate is welcome.

The more the merrier, please
#email marketing #ads #earned #hard #money #scamming #solo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Orion3003
    You're very correct, and even though people find this hard to swallow, its the truth. There are no guarantees with any sort off paid traffic.
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      It's something they don't want exposed, but it needs to be. I'm going to release my review soon on a hilarious "reputable solo ads seller"

      It wasn't even a solo ad, basically took my money and ran.
  • Profile picture of the author DIABL0
    Any mailer that knows their data can estimate the response rate fairly well, be it clicks and even conversions.

    So solo sellers can guarantee clicks and if they fall short, they simply will resend a list or portion, another list, those that didn't open, etc, etc... whatever it takes to get the guaranteed amount of clicks offered.

    I don't understand why you think it's a scam.

    I don't sell solo ads, so I'm in no way bias one way or another if someone buys them or doesn't. Just stating the obvious.
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      "I don't understand why you think it's a scam."

      I just wrote an entire post talking about why Solo Ads are a scam.

      I even explained in pretty good detail how the entire smoke and mirror show works.

      I bought one the other day for $100. I might as well have flushed it down the toilet. Probably would have enjoyed it more.

      I bought a package of 100 clicks from a well know girl with many reviews.

      After making the payment, I awaited the email that asked for my solo ad......

      My solo ad that I wrote was never asked for. She took my $100 and my link and put it through her scammy system.

      She's not going to like my review when I write it.

      That's why solo ads are a scam.

      Wait.... I mean real marketers who have real lists and provide real solo ads are the best. Expensive but the best.

      None of which will ever guarantee you clicks either.
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    I think I'll do some Facebook advertising to share this post. More people
    Need to know this before losing their money.
  • Profile picture of the author wentzco
    Now Nathan - you overlooked a scam that I have caught people with 3 times now.

    I use double-optin & those that scam people with fake email accounts don't confirm their opt-ins.

    Yes there are legit solo ad sellers. Here is what usually happens with me because I have a double opt-in. Example of a legitimate seller from who I buy 100 clicks & they send 109 clicks in a fast time - I get 23 confirmed with double opt-in shortly with another 23 pending. In a few hours about 12 of those 23 that were pending confirm so I have 35% opt-in. (30-45% is typical depending on seller). 2-3 more confirmations usually trickle in the next day.

    Bogus solo ad sellers would have 0 of those 46 subscribers confirm.

    Because so many people don't use double optin autoresponders... these scammers get away with it often with a positive review. This includes positive reviews from other solo ad sellers who themselves unknowingly were getting scammed. Of course all these positive reviews just cause more people to get scammed. I even caught someone at safe-swaps a while back doing this scam. I guess it wasn't even "safe" there.

    Subscribers you get that buy something is what that counts. I have seen a couple people who have provided stats from solo ad purchases which included subscriber #s & those that actually made purchases. If I remember it wasn't solo ad sellers with the highest subscription rates that actually produced buyers. So not all solo ad sellers are selling junk clicks but I've come to the conclusion that most are. The quality is not as good as it should be for the costs IMO.
  • Profile picture of the author Zoe_21
    Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac;

    Keep your money. Only go to places like ArcaMax or Selfgrowth and many of the other reputable solo ad providers.
    These two mentioned sites - are they def solo ad providers?
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by Zoe_21 View Post

      These two mentioned sites - are they def solo ad providers?


      Yes but they'll cost you. They're expensive.

      I've been on their lists for a while and I see the solo ads and sponsored ads from them.

      I usually message the website owner of the solo ad and ask what they thought of the solo ad.

      Some are recurring customers (probably $1,500 per solo ad)

      Others was a one time deal.
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    For an easy to understand picture of what's happening.

    If you give me $1,000

    And I give you back $500.

    Are you winning?

    Want to play again? I might even give you back $750 this time though.


    You might as well skip the bs and just ask for their email to send them money for nothing.


    That's what's happening. You're giving them money. They're making it look like you got something from it.
  • Profile picture of the author psod
    Nathan, Where's the scam? I think you are misrepresenting the issue and what you are telling everyone is a scam. I've been selling Internet clicks (the result of Solo ads) for five months. I have an experienced mentor who trained me. There are testimonials written to praise my results in the FB Solo Ads Testimonials group and the FB Solo Ads Sales Testimonials group. I started from zero and now I have nearly 8 ,000 names and emails on my subscriber lists. Some people subscribe, unsubscribe, and complain every day. My name, email, and snail mail address are on every email, as is a button to unsubscribe. I have subscribers joining my lists every hour of every day. I don't force or coerce the subscribers; in order to sign up they must leave their name and email address of their own accord on one of my optin forms (and I have several connected with various offers); if they wish to stay on my list, they will receive emails sent on autopilot and by broadcast from me every day, sometime twice a day. When I sell clicks to a client, I can neither guarantee optins nor signups; however, only rarely has there been a client that has complained about a lack of quality. If I buy top tier clicks from a vendor that offers 40% optin, it is because they keep giving me clicks until I have received the amount purchased and 40% of those people have signed up on my optin page. There is no harm in this, no scam, and if the vendor wishes to give me more clicks to guarantee me an agreed amount of optins, what is the harm? If someone complains to me, then I give them more clicks. Clients only rarely ask to send their own solo ad. The messages that I send to my list daily are designed to do the same thing, to get people to click to my solo ad rotator which sends them to an offer that they can participate in or not depending on their interest. I do participate in clickbanking with verified sellers (in which I involuntarily send 200 clicks to another verified seller and he involuntarily gives me 200 clicks that I have never had). The process is akin a beehive and bees going in and out. I control the amount leaving and enter, but I don't control the bees. When I want more bees to leave I rile them up with solo ads, and they get "sent" to another hive. But they leave on their own and they go where they want. I do give 10% over delivery (OD) which is the industry standard amount intended to offset the quantity of unintentionally sent false clicks sent through a tracking software (Clickmagick) and the amount requested by the client. I can produce a record of the IP address and date for every click in my system. I do know that persons sign up on my optin pages more than once , some as many as 6 or 7 times, but their names and emails do not go on my list more a single time. I don't know why those people do it, but there are a lot of them. Perhaps it is a sickness or addiction they have, needing to feel like they are getting something for free multiple times. I think the argument about double optin is ridiculous, about as ridiculous as saying that that you smoke and don't know that it's giving you cancer. if you sign up for an offer online, you are telling a vendor that you want to receive information about goods of interest. If that vendor should send you an offer that is different from the one he/she sells and you click on it out of interest, and sign up on another site with new interest in another product, service, or information piece, and as a result you become lodged on another and another and another email list and receive additional offers, whose fault is that? Yours. Where is the scam? Best, Peter
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by psod View Post

      Nathan, Where's the scam? I think you are misrepresenting the issue and what you are telling everyone is a scam. I've been selling Internet clicks (the result of Solo ads) for five months. I have an experienced mentor who trained me. There are testimonials written to praise my results in the FB Solo Ads Testimonials group and the FB Solo Ads Sales Testimonials group. I started from zero and now I have nearly 8 ,000 names and emails on my subscriber lists. Some people subscribe, unsubscribe, and complain every day. My name, email, and snail mail address are on every email, as is a button to unsubscribe. I have subscribers joining my lists every hour of every day. I don't force or coerce the subscribers; in order to sign up they must leave their name and email address of their own accord on one of my optin forms (and I have several connected with various offers); if they wish to stay on my list, they will receive emails sent on autopilot and by broadcast from me every day, sometime twice a day. When I sell clicks to a client, I can neither guarantee optins nor signups; however, only rarely has there been a client that has complained about a lack of quality. If I buy top tier clicks from a vendor that offers 40% optin, it is because they keep giving me clicks until I have received the amount purchased and 40% of those people have signed up on my optin page. There is no harm in this, no scam, and if the vendor wishes to give me more clicks to guarantee me an agreed amount of optins, what is the harm? If someone complains to me, then I give them more clicks. Clients only rarely ask to send their own solo ad. The messages that I send to my list daily are designed to do the same thing, to get people to click to my solo ad rotator which sends them to an offer that they can participate in or not depending on their interest. I do participate in clickbanking with verified sellers (in which I involuntarily send 200 clicks to another verified seller and he involuntarily gives me 200 clicks that I have never had). The process is akin a beehive and bees going in and out. I control the amount leaving and enter, but I don't control the bees. When I want more bees to leave I rile them up with solo ads, and they get "sent" to another hive. But they leave on their own and they go where they want. I do give 10% over delivery (OD) which is the industry standard amount intended to offset the quantity of unintentionally sent false clicks sent through a tracking software (Clickmagick) and the amount requested by the client. I can produce a record of the IP address and date for every click in my system. I do know that persons sign up on my optin pages more than once , some as many as 6 or 7 times, but their names and emails do not go on my list more a single time. I don't know why those people do it, but there are a lot of them. Perhaps it is a sickness or addiction they have, needing to feel like they are getting something for free multiple times. I think the argument about double optin is ridiculous, about as ridiculous as saying that that you smoke and don't know that it's giving you cancer. if you sign up for an offer online, you are telling a vendor that you want to receive information about goods of interest. If that vendor should send you an offer that is different from the one he/she sells and you click on it out of interest, and sign up on another site with new interest in another product, service, or information piece, and as a result you become lodged on another and another and another email list and receive additional offers, whose fault is that? Yours. Where is the scam? Best, Peter
      Where is the scam?


      Okay. I don't know how much more clear I can make this.

      I give someone $1,000.

      They then give me in return $500.

      Am I winning? How long can I last with this?


      That's basically what's happening here with solo ads from places like Clickonomy, Udimi, and safe swaps.


      Why do people buy clicks?

      To get their product in front of people.

      Why do they want that?

      To get leads.

      Why do they want that?

      To get sales?

      Why does that matter?

      So they can eventually make enough sales to leave their job and work from home.




      That's why they buy solo ads and clicks.

      However, if they are going with the marketing plan of "I give you $1,000, you give me back $500"

      They're never going to reach the goals they hope for.

      They don't realize the clicks are fake.

      They don't realize the leads are dead end.

      They don't realize the sales are nothing except the seller giving you back some
      Of what you gave to them.


      It's a smoke and mirror show only
      To make you feel like you won at the carnival game.

      But you didn't.

      You've lost every time.

      Every. Single. Time.


      It's a terrible scam and good people are being taken advantage of every single money of the day.

      While people laugh all the way to the bank.
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    After doing some more research into seeing if most solo ads are legitimate or fake, I found an interesting thing.


    I started reading the reviews in the Facebook groups Solo Ads testimonials.

    In total the number of members for all groups is just shy of 50,000 members.


    They are very strict on how you Share your reviews.

    Some only allow you to share if you had sales.

    Remember, sales don't matter if you
    Don't make a profit. (You give me $1,000, I give you back $500. You lose)


    After contacting many of the people who left reviews.

    I quickly found out that many of them sold solo ads themselves.

    Remember how I said Solo ad vendors are like Carnies at the carnival?

    They stick together and most likely have a Carnie Code (AKA: The Simpsons)


    If you look at the really
    Big purchases people had

    1,000 up to 10,000 clicks.

    Those reviewers are solo ad sellers themselves.

    It's a carnival game at its finest.

    Then the everyday people read these reviews thinking they're getting
    Something of value.

    So they give away $100 only
    To be given back $40.

    Wow! Way to go!

    Care to try your luck again??
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    Is something interesting.

    Ever since the excitement with my post. *This one*

    I've contacted some buyers and they've all retracted wanting my business.

    They wanted it but then all of a sudden they don't anymore.

    Not only that, I've been blocked from the Solo Ads Testimonials Facebook group.


    Their scheme is starting to come undone.

    That's okay. I'll leave a detailed review on Warrior forum.
    • Profile picture of the author psod
      I still think you're misrespresenting the issue. You say someone gives us $1000 and we give them $500. I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that. Let's get right to the issue. We're not talking about money; we're talking about value of goods paid versus value of goods received. Why? Because if someone gives me $100 it is conceivable that I will return to them $300, if and only if the sales funnel employed at the buyer's side returns sufficient value for the clicks returned. If the sales funnel on the buyer's side does not return sufficient value to liquidate the cost (and value) of the advertising spend, then the buyer may think they were ripped off, when in fact it really shows that they didn't work hard enough to test their own funnel to ensure that their return would be higher. I've been in sales a long time, long enough to know that some people buy right away and some people don't buy within the same amount of time because they've not been shown sufficient value to compel a sale. I've done email, cold calling, knocking on doors, and postal mail since I was 11 years old. People buy for various reasons unrelated to the ones you would normally expect. Nathan, your argument is poorly constructed because you are assuming that we sellers understand the value of the click before the sale. I'm sure there are snake oil salesmen among us, but I think the majority of us are going with the flow, selling clicks because people think they offer more value. There are some important points that no one talks about that even you neither know or don't talk about. When someone comes to me to a seller to buy solo ad clicks and they want to buy more than be produced by that seller, then the seller outsources that need for clicks. So if you come to me and want to buy 300 clicks of 100T1 () and I have a small list of 10,000 (which will produce 100 clicks internally per day ($195 at $0.65cpc)), then I will sell you 300 clicks (my own 100 and 200 more that I have outsourced from the community of sellers for $70-80 and I will still generate a profit. Where's the scam? This is called business or arbitrage. We buy something for less and sell it for more. We are successful at that because the perceived value of the clicks or actual value of those clicks is quite high (because of the value achieved by the buyer's funnel). To return to your argument, if you think that the solo ad seller gives back less value in each sale, the validity of that assumption depends on the ability of the funnel to produce or offer value (it's ability to self-liquidate). So your argument, though interesting, is flawed because you're not recognizing that the value of solo ad sale is dependent on the buyer, not the seller.
  • Profile picture of the author Arowan
    Like in every business, unfortunately there are people that will try to scam you.
    But you won't say all the industry is scam or fake if you are cheated by few people.
    So why you're doing that for solo ads?

    Before you buy, do your research. There are many solo ad groups on Facebook with lots of honest testimonials. There are even groups with sales testimonials.

    Also, you need to make sure that your product is good and legit and that you have a good email sequence in place. Your new subscribers need to know you and trust you before they start to buy from you more expensive stuff. If you don't have that in place, even the best traffic sent to your offer will never convert.

    It looks like you thought after you buy clicks and send them to your offer you will immediately make money. Those days are long gone. You need to work for that, test, improve and then test and improve even more.

    But, if you do your research and use a little common sense in the process, you will easily find lots of legit solo ad sellers from who you'll want to buy again.

    Hope this helped
    All the best!
  • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
    Ohhhhh, this one is getting juicy!
    I am popping my popcorn.

    I hate solo ads, but I am going to sideline and watch this one continue to unfold.
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by ProducerK View Post

      Ohhhhh, this one is getting juicy!
      I am popping my popcorn.

      I hate solo ads, but I am going to sideline and watch this one continue to unfold.
      Yes please stay for this show as we blow the lid off of this

      Solo Ads Scam. <--- keyword 😉
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Baxter
    I don't come to this section often but this thread is good lol..
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    There's one thing You're not getting.

    That's most of the reviews are from other solo ads sellers.

    I have screenshot and screenshot of people who say they bought 1,000s of clicks, one even said 10,000 clicks.

    After messaging Them and asking if they sold solo ads.....

    Can you guess what they said
  • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
    "I can almost guarantee you that each time I buy 200 clicks from a particular seller at Udimi that I will get a sale, but I don't usually get 4 or 7 sales"




    I can guarantee you that too!! That's what I'm saying.

    You give $1,000.

    They give you back $500 in sales.

    You walk away THINKING you're a winner.

    I'm sorry but you're not.

    They bent you over.

    Tied your wrists to your ankles and had their way with you.

    These people are taking advantage of good people. They all know it and they don't care.

    Good hardworking people are falling for the fake reviews.

    They fall for the dead end leads and the fake sales.

    It's about time someone exposed this lie.
    • Profile picture of the author psod
      But the crux of your assumption is that this is being done intentionally (e.g. a scam), and I for one don't believe it is possible to cheat the system in the way that you represent it (if we are doing our business the way it is supposed to be done). However, your model also assumes that the front end sales will always beat the adspend and it will not. If front end sales were the way of the world, then no vendor would only charge $4-7 bucks for the front end. Do you think sellers are intentionally saying oh I need to add in a couple buyers to this run so that there will be at least one sale. I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. I would certainly love to make sure the front end results could always be better than the adspend, but no one has any control over that, neither the seller nor the buyer.
    • Profile picture of the author psod
      Nathan, this is the part I don't agree with:

      You write:

      >They give you back $500 in sales.

      >You walk away THINKING you're a winner.

      >I'm sorry but you're not.

      They bent you over.

      >Tied your wrists to your ankles and had their way with you.

      >These people are taking advantage of good people. They all know it and they don't care.

      >Good hardworking people are falling for the fake reviews.

      >They fall for the dead end leads and the fake sales.

      >It's about time someone exposed this lie.

      This is like saying that 25 years ago there was some scam that the Internet Service Providers were posing because they didn't give us 9600 baud and instead only gave us 1200 baud.

      There is no lie. The reviews are not fake. Here is one:

      Marvin Adam wrote about Anton Khatsanovich in "Solo Ads Testimonials"

      Seller: Anton Khatsanovich

      Clicks Ordered: 200

      Clicks Received: Received: 266

      Optin Rate: 58%

      Tier 1: 90%

      Sales: Yes, 2

      Comments: First run with realsoloads.com and Anton massively overdelivered in what I expected for overall clicks, optins, Tier 1-quality and also in terms of Sales. Very satisfying first run, can recommend.

      Both the buyer and the seller are purveyors of solo ads. Marvin is well known in our community for outstanding service. Marvin has asked for 200 clicks, and he has received 266 clicks. Were there sales? Yes there were sales, 2 of them. Were there optins. Yes, there were optins.

      Where is the lie?

      Nathan if you would like to do the solo ads community a service, telling us someone we know and saying it is intentionally-caused when it is not is not very useful for anyone nor productive. In not one of your replies or in the main piece have you offered a single solution.

      Since you have not, I will.

      We could improve on the testimonials by adding a line after the Sales line that says the Sales Amount in Dollars or some currency. This would show the quantity of money raised by the two sales. Now, if people start to write $35 continuously in that amount, then I would agree with you about the lie. But, if they are honest and show 2 front-end sales of 4, 6, 8, or 10 bucks then I would have faith.

      Could you live with this?
  • Profile picture of the author jayroller
    Originally Posted by Nathan Isaac View Post

    I recently wrote a post about Solo Ads called:
    Are 'Guaranteed Clicks Solo Ads' A Scam?

    You can search for it.

    I was looking around for different ways to promote my Affiliate product Elite Marketing Pro.

    Heard of Solo Ads a while back.

    Bought a few courses regarding the type of adversing from such big names like Matt Lloyd and Daegan Smith.

    Both had mentioned SelfGrowth.com for Solo Ads.

    The only problem is it costs $1,500 - $3,000 for a solo ad, with NO guaranteed clicks.

    I know what you're thinking.

    "That's hogwash! No guaranteed clicks for a price like that!?"

    That's right. Not one guarantee of even the slightest of a click.

    But stay with me as you hear why.

    These solo ad providers you see on Warrior and places like Safeswaps or Udimi. Think of them like carnies at the Carnival.

    You know the games you walk by and they're trying to get you to lose some money.

    "Hey sweetheart, got 300 top tier clicks with your name on it for $200"

    They're all intertwined with one another.

    Many of them leave the really glowing reviews for each other.

    They know you'll lose money, but they make it so that it looks like you walked away a winner.

    You get the Pink Unicorn to give to your mate.

    Let's say you're walking by and one catches your eye with a delicious offer of 1,000 clicks for only $250 GUARANTEED.

    You think just how amazing if you could get your offer in front of 1,000 people.

    You'd have to make a sale for sure.

    *oh you definitely do! That's their secret*


    So you have a product for sale worth $50.

    You take up the Carnie on his offer for 1,000 clicks for only $250.

    A few days later you see a whole bunch of leads show up, and you even walk away with 2 sales!

    That's $100!!

    Plus all the leads you got.

    What an amazing deal!!

    *This is what I like to call the smoke and mirror show and this is where the magic happens* But not for you.

    You run back to your friends howling in excitement about all your new leads and the two sales you made.

    You follow up with your leads, only to hit a dead end with all of them.

    The carnie comes back with an even sweeter deal.

    5,000 clicks for $900 guaranteed 90% top tier.

    Wow! How can you turn that deal down.

    "Just imagine..... 5,000 people who see my offer."

    This time you get 6 sales of $50.

    Plus one upswell worth $300

    Wow! That's amazing!!

    "I made $600!! Plus a tonne of leads!"

    You run off again in excitement about your sales and leads (that lead to know where)

    You seem to forget the $300 you lost.

    Now you tell your friends.

    Your friend comes along and repeats the same process you just endured.

    Which he then tells his friends and they tell their friends.

    Resulting in 100's if not 1,000's of people running to play the carnies game.


    The carnie made $150 off of you the first time and then $300 the second time. For a total of $450.

    Now multiply that by 10 people who came to play the game after you shared your excitement.

    The carnie walks away with $4,500.

    All while everyone else walked away losing a total of $4,500.

    But it was made to look like they actually made way with so much more. When in fact they actually didn't.


    This is smoke and mirror show that's been happening and will continue to happen, unless we put a stop to this.

    You can guess how many clicks you might receive, but you can never guarantee clicks.

    You can only guess. So anyone who is guaranteeing clicks, should be approached with caution.

    Places like ArcaMax, or SelfGrowth cost that much because you get real people and real people are random.

    That's why you'll never get guaranteed clicks from real solo ad providers.

    How can this be proven?

    Buy a solo ad and write your title "open me"

    In the solo ad, write:

    Click the link below.


    Watch how you magically get 100's of clicks.

    You can write the absolutely worst copy, and you'll still get clicks.

    Try that with a real solo ad provider.

    You cannot guarantee clicks. You can only at best, guess but with the buyer knowing that's a guess based on previous stats.

    You're better off cutting out the middle man and going straight to Fiverr.com and ordering top tier leads and clicks.

    Then taking the rest of the $450 you would have given the Carnie, you give to your friend and say, I need you to buy this product from my site.


    This is a complete smoke and mirror show.

    Snake oil at its finest.

    The purest of pure snake oil.

    Not only have they sold ice to the Eskimos, they sold them a damn ice maker too so they can have ice all year round....

    Keep your money.

    Only go to places like ArcaMax or Selfgrowth and many of the other reputable solo ad providers.

    Thoughts, comments, and even hate is welcome.

    The more the merrier, please
    What traffic source would you recommend for someone looking to build a list or sell products on a limited budget? I am trying to get traffic that is reliable but affordable. Like you said, there are no guarantees and I have seen this with the paid sources I have tried. I don't want to keep losing money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by jayroller View Post

      What traffic source would you recommend for someone looking to build a list or sell products on a limited budget? I am trying to get traffic that is reliable but affordable. Like you said, there are no guarantees and I have seen this with the paid sources I have tried. I don't want to keep losing money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      This is the million dollar question. It's tough to really say, and depends on your offer.

      Right now I'm running Facebook ads for about $0.50/click. A couple leads over a couple of days and have spent about $76 on that one.

      I just created another ad with some new targeting and see how that one goes. I think it will be better.

      Facebook unfortunately is testing and adjusting, which ultimately costs money.

      I'm also testing out banner ads here on the warrior forum. A few leads so far in a few days.

      I also have banner ads on seomastering blog, and one on webmaster sun.

      They've only been up a few days and have a few ads.

      In total so far I've spent about $300USD on banner ads + about $100 on Facebook ads.

      No sales. But a handful of leads.


      It's a tough gig because you really need about $2,000-$5,000 to play with. You'll create ads, then test them, refine them and make new ones because those ones get shown too much.

      all while not knowing if they'll get clicked or if you'll get leads or sales.


      ***Now going back to the solo ads scam***

      That's exactly how they get you. They'd tell me that I should have spent my $300 with them and they would have gotten far more leads and clicks and sales. But that's how they hook you and trick you. I'm sure you understand how their scam works though. I've explained it quite clearly.



      If you have a very limited budget, you'll have to start really small and do mostly free stuff.

      I'm not sure what your product or what you're promoting, but be honest with people. Share things you've tried yourself. Write or make reviews of products you use daily. Maybe about books you've read or perhaps marketing courses you've done already.

      The key thing is, be honest. It will take time but as long as you keep at it, imagine where you'll be in a year from now. It's clich, but it's true.

      There's so much good free stuff out there. Use it until you start making some money so you can reinvest that into your marketing budget.

      I'm not sure where you're at or who you know but I'll leave a few names of people so others who read this post can learn as well.

      - Mike Dillard Magnetic Sponsoring (I started with this book long ago)
      - Ramit Sethi (Has some amazing free content on YouTube)
      - Patt Flynn (Such amazing content on his blog and so honest)
      - Tony Robbins (Want to learn about people, this is the guy to learn from)
      - Eben Pagan (Amazing content to learn from)


      Anyways I hope that helps. It can be slow, very slow. But I remember a long time ago when I didn't even know what hosting was. I thought you just bought a domain name and you had a website.

      Start with the free stuff, implement it, create a first sale and continue with that to build your ad budget.
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    Great thread Nathan.

    I hope people will listen.

    Being a savvy internet marketer is knowing that 'solo ad sellers' are operating a dishonest syndicate.

    No-one is profiting from buying from 'solo ad sellers'.

    'Solo ads' are a effective, but only when they aren't bought from sellers. The best way is to contact someone in your niche with a proposal. This is honest, targeted, effective marketing.

    Its time to wake up and do business properly!

    We don't 'buy' profits as easy as this. It takes effort and dedication.
  • Profile picture of the author Connann
    This is an intrigue HYPOTHESIS.

    Yes, only an HYPOTHESIS.

    why? cause there are no proofs.

    I MEAN: the game may be like this, Nathan is proposin a way where this could be.

    But there are no proofs (screenshost he says he has are no proofs).

    What should be a proof?

    Nathan says that ALL (or the most) people on Udimi, Clickmoney, etc, are SCAMMERS.
    They sell fake clicks, the simulate purchases by buy themselves, and they sell dead leads.

    So the proof what should be?

    If a group of people buy from these sellers on these marketplaces, and see that leads dont interact, dont have engagement on a continuous basis.

    Purchases? This should be for statistical reason even more on a large basis.

    Yes cause purchases depends on the copy, on the product itself, etc, so if these large group of people dont sell ANYTHING to these fake leads on MONTHS, different products with different copy, and there are even no leads which arrive on the cart and abandon it.... yes this hypothesis should be true.

    But we need a large group of people buyin from different seller in these marketplaces and see no engagements in the leads acquired.

    Not only one who sees that leads dont open his future mails: this is not a proof.

    In the Science, if someone propose an hypothesis, it's THAT person that has to prove that hypothesis, and after the other ones try to see if the process implemented to give that proof is good.

    So here it's only an explanation, intruiguing of course, of how the process may be.

    We need more than an hypothesis to say that all the solo ads markeplace are scam, all the vendors are scam,, all the fb groups are too.

    And im not a solo ad seller now, never sold a solo ad in my life.
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by Connann View Post

      This is an intrigue HYPOTHESIS.

      Yes, only an HYPOTHESIS.

      why? cause there are no proofs.

      I MEAN: the game may be like this, Nathan is proposin a way where this could be.

      But there are no proofs (screenshost he says he has are no proofs).

      What should be a proof?

      Nathan says that ALL (or the most) people on Udimi, Clickmoney, etc, are SCAMMERS.
      They sell fake clicks, the simulate purchases by buy themselves, and they sell dead leads.

      So the proof what should be?

      If a group of people buy from these sellers on these marketplaces, and see that leads dont interact, dont have engagement on a continuous basis.

      Purchases? This should be for statistical reason even more on a large basis.

      Yes cause purchases depends on the copy, on the product itself, etc, so if these large group of people dont sell ANYTHING to these fake leads on MONTHS, different products with different copy, and there are even no leads which arrive on the cart and abandon it.... yes this hypothesis should be true.

      But we need a large group of people buyin from different seller in these marketplaces and see no engagements in the leads acquired.

      Not only one who sees that leads dont open his future mails: this is not a proof.

      In the Science, if someone propose an hypothesis, it's THAT person that has to prove that hypothesis, and after the other ones try to see if the process implemented to give that proof is good.

      So here it's only an explanation, intruiguing of course, of how the process may be.

      We need more than an hypothesis to say that all the solo ads markeplace are scam, all the vendors are scam,, all the fb groups are too.

      And im not a solo ad seller now, never sold a solo ad in my life.

      You sir are correct.

      However, like in a murder case, we can look at the circumstantial evidence.

      The husband of the murdered wife had motive because of the insurance policy and the amount of debt that he was in.

      He was the last person to see her alive.

      Many people reported arguments they had.

      He is now with another woman.

      There are emails of a circumstantial affair.


      Where's the science?

      In this case, there's only common sense that comes into play. He may be innocent, but we have reason to believe he's the killer based upon the facts.


      What is my hypothesis based upon?

      I'm glad you asked:

      - No one ever ever makes the riches by solo ads alone. If anyone had results like what they received from solo ads, they could easily live the beach life.

      All they would have to do is save up $2,000-$5,000. Drop that all into solo ads and sit back and relax. Because you'd get maybe half of that back in sales, an enourmius amount of leads, and when the followup emails start going out, even more sales will start to come in and you just keep buying and it's a scam easy as that.

      Because this cannot happen, therefore people lose all their budget trying to get that.

      - Most reviews are from other solo ad sellers. Easily achieved by messaging the reviewers and finding out for yourself. That's fishy.

      - Any big click purchases (1,000 up to 10,000) are from solo ad sellers themselves. That's fishy.

      - Many Facebook groups only want testimonials of people who had sales.

      - Many Facebook groups will block you for spreading anything other than promoting the purchase you made.

      - You'll never make your money back from solo ads. People invest in a marketing plan, and only reinvest in it if it's profitable. Or else they would go out of business. You'll never return your investment. The house only ever wins. (Except for the occasional on they let through because they want that glowing review, which will bring in far more customers to take advantage of)

      - The solo ads sellers are not real marketers. They never post how they get their leads or traffic. They just magically have them because they're a ninja marketer in the background that you'll never see.

      - Some solo ad sellers don't even ask for an ad from you. That's fishy.

      - You could write the worst solo ad ever and still get your clicks. This would never happen in a real solo ad.


      Need I really go on about the solo ads scam?

      It's really light as day.

      So yes. Even though this may be a "hypothesis", it's based on quite good evidence and good reasoning for it to be true.


      Here's my prediction, because I many not be a ninja marketer with a magical list of eager buyers, I am what you may call a prophet.

      Not only can I see through the B.S. Of the solo ads scam, I can also foresee the coming future from all of this.

      The sellers are scared that their scam is being brought forth.

      They are wondering what they can do.

      They are intently reading this forum thread and quietly going to be adjusting their scam so that it is not so blatant that they are ripping good hard working honest people off.

      Still beware. Approach solo ads with caution.

      Ask how they get there list and what are there current marketing efforts.
  • Profile picture of the author millieporter
    i have one question which place best for paid marketing ??
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by millieporter View Post

      i have one question which place best for paid marketing ??
      There's plenty and I'll name a few.

      PPC:
      Google Adwords
      Bing ads
      Facebook ads


      Banner ads:
      Warrior Forum
      Seomastering
      Webmastersun
      JohnChow Blog


      Legitimate Solo Ads:
      SelfGrowth
      ArcaMax
      Moneymakingmommy
  • Profile picture of the author Sonny Tee
    Nathan,

    While I do understand your opinion that solos in general are a scam, I have to say that I think it is unwise to group so many solo ad sellers together as "scammers" as that is simply unfair and untrue.

    I buy solos VERY regularly as in 1000s of clicks per week and I can honestly say that IF I'm not making a profit on the solos, I'm at minimum breaking even. When it comes to solos, you need to realize the type of audience you are marketing to, you need to realize the demographics of people who subscribe to email lists over and over and what it would take for a person like that to actually open up their wallets and buy something.

    I've seen many posts like yours on this forum and other forums as well but the fact remains that there are some people out there who know how solos work and know how to use that specific audience of people to turn a profit.

    Mind you, at this point I ONLY buy my solos from three people. So once again, I understand WHY you want to group the whole industry together as a scam but there are definitely some fantastic sellers out there so I'd recommend you doing a test on a few sellers and tracking your results to a T so that you know who is good and who is not. Once you know that, simply steer clear of the bozos and get into profit mode with your traffic buys!

    Sonny
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan Isaac
      Originally Posted by Sonny Tee View Post

      Nathan,

      While I do understand your opinion that solos in general are a scam, I have to say that I think it is unwise to group so many solo ad sellers together as "scammers" as that is simply unfair and untrue.

      I buy solos VERY regularly as in 1000s of clicks per week and I can honestly say that IF I'm not making a profit on the solos, I'm at minimum breaking even. When it comes to solos, you need to realize the type of audience you are marketing to, you need to realize the demographics of people who subscribe to email lists over and over and what it would take for a person like that to actually open up their wallets and buy something.

      I've seen many posts like yours on this forum and other forums as well but the fact remains that there are some people out there who know how solos work and know how to use that specific audience of people to turn a profit.

      Mind you, at this point I ONLY buy my solos from three people. So once again, I understand WHY you want to group the whole industry together as a scam but there are definitely some fantastic sellers out there so I'd recommend you doing a test on a few sellers and tracking your results to a T so that you know who is good and who is not. Once you know that, simply steer clear of the bozos and get into profit mode with your traffic buys!

      Sonny

      The ones who are not part of the solo ads scam know who they are.

      This post will shed light on the industry in hopes that those taking part in the solo ads scam will change their ways of business.

      Also, I have left resources of other possible paid advertising and even a few legitimate places they can get high quality Solo Ads that are not part of the solo ads scam.

      As long as they know to approach 90% of Solo ad providers with caution, then that means a job well done by blowing the lid off of this scam.

      As I continue to do more research, I'll post more legitimate places for solo ads.

      As it stands right now, avoid 90% of them at all costs.

      Avoid the scheme running Facebook groups.

      Avoid clickonomy.

      Avoid Safeswaps.

      Avoid Udimi.

      Avoid WSO's promising the world.
  • Profile picture of the author lekhapora
    [DELETED]

Next Topics on Trending Feed