Domain or website?

by MarieDi 11 replies
Hi,

I have three domains that gather dust and I'm finally coming to the conclusion I won't do anything with them. Two are 8 y.o. They have never been monetized and there is no website for either of them.

So my question is: Considering I don't have much time, which is best:

1. Sell the domains based on the value of their names alone
2. Monetize quickly with a low-value content and adsense

And can anyone tell me which venue is best for non-monetized/no website domains? Flippa or... ?
#freemarket.com discussion #domain #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author speedakias
    Only you could decide, because only you know the real value of the domains.

    The 8 years old says nothing to me. I see domains with only 2 or 3 years old that sold for several thousand dollars. I see domains that are over 10 years old that sold for several hundred dollars.

    If you think that are valuable, sell them. If not, build a nice well design website with original content and sell them.


    Originally Posted by MarieDi View Post

    Hi,
    I have three domains that gather dust and I'm finally coming to the conclusion I won't do anything with them. Two are 8 y.o. They have never been monetized and there is no website for either of them.

    So my question is: Considering I don't have much time, which is best:

    1. Sell the domains based on the value of their names alone
    2. Monetize quickly with a low-value content and adsense

    And can anyone tell me which venue is best for non-monetized/no website domains? Flippa or... ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10638277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flipperhacks
    This is tricky because it depends on your domain name which you haven't mentioned.

    It could be worth installing a quick worpdress site and making it look nice and active before placing it on Flippa.

    Also mention that it's a starter site, don't try and sell it as something that's going to make someone a lot of money if you know it isn't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10654966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author st0nec0ld
    Originally Posted by MarieDi View Post

    Hi,
    I have three domains that gather dust and I'm finally coming to the conclusion I won't do anything with them. Two are 8 y.o. They have never been monetized and there is no website for either of them.
    So my question is: Considering I don't have much time, which is best:
    1. Sell the domains based on the value of their names alone
    2. Monetize quickly with a low-value content and adsense
    And can anyone tell me which venue is best for non-monetized/no website domains? Flippa or... ?
    You already said you don't have much time for it and they have never been monetized anyway. Why having second thoughts? Sell it..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10654991].message }}
    Signature

    12BET | Live Casino Malaysia

  • Profile picture of the author zcrafts
    You can sell them on Flippa or even try to built a website gain some traffic and affiliate income and then try to sell at better cost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10655179].message }}
    Signature

    DealDomains.Net | Design your Dreams
    List of Quality Top 5 Web hosting Providers | Just to help you when you need them :)

  • Profile picture of the author MarieDi
    The names are:
    passionmasso.com, passionmasso.net and nobossbutme.com

    The passionmasso ones can be used in many languages including French, Spanish and Italian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10656300].message }}
    Signature
  • Profile picture of the author THIRUNAVUKKARASU k
    These domains will not sell.. I'l tell you why
    1.not a keyword
    2.zero backlinks
    3.no targetting niche

    What you can do is
    1.build a website
    2.increase its alexa ranking
    3.build some backlinks

    then try to sell it.. you can make a good profit
    all the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10657148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MarieDi
      Originally Posted by THIRUNAVUKKARASU k View Post

      These domains will not sell.. I'l tell you why
      1.not a keyword
      2.zero backlinks
      3.no targetting niche

      There are 2 keywords in passionmasso, and it's a very active niche.
      There is a keyword in nobossbutme and it is a very active niche
      OF COURSE there is no backlink. I already said there was no website. THAT was the essence of the question.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10657159].message }}
      Signature
      • Profile picture of the author Shana Walters
        Originally Posted by MarieDi View Post

        There are 2 keywords in passionmasso, and it's a very active niche.
        There is a keyword in nobossbutme and it is a very active niche
        OF COURSE there is no backlink. I already said there was no website. THAT was the essence of the question.
        You can still build backlinks to the domain name without having a website attached to it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11082611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bimasena25
    I think better if you monetize this blog first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11094107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author subraasingapore
    Tricky!! However make it more beautiful using some CMS before selling them!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11108288].message }}

Trending Topics