Pingler.com - Blog and Ping Tool

by 106 comments
Check out this latest tool we developed perfect for pinging your blog or website when it is updated.

Pingler.com

It allows you to ping over 90 sites with a single submission. You can even add more ping services to the list if you know of more that you would like to use, but currently we have 92 available.

Let us know what you think and anything you may like to see us add, remove, or enhance. All suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!
#product reviews #blog #ping #pinglercom #tool
  • Profile picture of the author soon
    A nice idea and a website really worth bookmarking. However I am not sure if it's just my browser or if your website brakes or is it just it was made this way with a simpler theme in mind. Nevertheless good website, I will definitely use it to ping my websites.
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by soon View Post

      A nice idea and a website really worth bookmarking. However I am not sure if it's just my browser or if your website brakes or is it just it was made this way with a simpler theme in mind. Nevertheless good website, I will definitely use it to ping my websites.
      Thanks for the comments. Yeah the design is simple as we haven't really spent some time on it yet. We were more concerned with the functionality.

      Take Care,
      Peter
  • Profile picture of the author strauss
    That's Great! Is it really allowing to ping over 90 sites with a single submission. And also there is nothing to remove anything.
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by strauss View Post

      That's Great! Is it really allowing to ping over 90 sites with a single submission. And also there is nothing to remove anything.
      Yes it really is

      But I don't understand what you mean when you say "And also there is nothing to remove anything."

      Take Care,
      Peter
  • Profile picture of the author Baruch
    Thanks for the service. I just submitted all my site and they were accepted fast. You have a winner on your hand.

    Watch out PingOMatic!
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by Baruch View Post

      Thanks for the service. I just submitted all my site and they were accepted fast. You have a winner on your hand.

      Watch out PingOMatic!
      Thanks man.

      Enjoy!
  • Profile picture of the author websitemoneynow
    I use autopinger.com which is pretty good and i used to use pingoat until they recently had problems , and i also use pingomatic
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by websitemoneynow View Post

      I use autopinger.com which is pretty good and i used to use pingoat until they recently had problems , and i also use pingomatic
      So what do you think about the tool we put together in comparison to the other services you have used?

      Any insight is always helpful so we can improve upon our site.
  • Profile picture of the author luckystar
    Hello Guys,
    Waoo, This is one of the most exciting thing i have done or seeing online. Very practical. If left alone to testify what excited me you will not have the whole time to read.

    I will rather say thanks.
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by luckystar View Post

      Hello Guys,
      Waoo, This is one of the most exciting thing i have done or seeing online. Very practical. If left alone to testify what excited me you will not have the whole time to read.

      I will rather say thanks.
      We are very glad you like it. We have been continually working on it and plan to make some more free tools available shortly.

      Take Care,
      Peter Gregory
  • Profile picture of the author Felix Makmur
    I just want to chime in and said thanks a lot for providing this great sevice. It's extremely fast and the pinging service is really reliable as well. Btw the website design and layout are also quite cool and eye-catching. Overall, really, really awesome service and highly recommended :-)

    Thanks,
    Felix
  • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
    You could add more sources in the text are if you wanted to and knew some more sources that were effective. In fact we could even add them to the standard list if you wanted to send us a list of more.
  • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
    Hmmm....I thought we corrected that. What browser are you using?
  • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
    Alright Steve, let me know if you have a chance. Thanks for the comments.

    Take Care,
    Peter
    • Profile picture of the author Johneal
      Thanks for the great resource. Still discovering about blogs and pinging. This works just great.
    • Profile picture of the author genietoast
      I like it. It's quick, and only a couple sites would show unpinged vs. half of the sites on some other pingers.
  • Profile picture of the author h1dayah
    Originally Posted by scriptillusion View Post

    Check out this latest tool we developed perfect for pinging your blog or website when it is updated.

    Pingler.com

    It allows you to ping over 90 sites with a single submission. You can even add more ping services to the list if you know of more that you would like to use, but currently we have 92 available.

    Let us know what you think and anything you may like to see us add, remove, or enhance. All suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!
    Yes it is really worth to bookmark....am ping my website.

    thank you.
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by h1dayah View Post

      Yes it is really worth to bookmark....am ping my website.

      thank you.
      Glad you like it. Don't forget to tell your friends
  • Profile picture of the author askloz
    Peter, you might want to check these ping urls along side a plugin that is for wordpress, it will only ping the post once, even if it's been edited, where by default, wordpress will re-ping the site after it's been edited...

    things like
    WordPress Plugins: Smart Update Pinger, Jerome's Keywords; Enhance your blog tool
    MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer

    and it will check to see if the ping followed through, some of the sites you got here are dead now, plus you have services here as well that also ping the same services, like for instance
    rpc.pingomatic.com

    pings
    ping.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php
    rpc.icerocket.com:10080/
    ping.feedburner.com/
    rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

    and it's not necessary to ping a service more than once, if you and do this all the time, your site could get black listed.
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Monty
      Still having CAPTCHA issues in FF 3.

      I use that Wordpress Smart Pinger plugin. I also use Autopinger.com. I just like the interface with Pingler. Too bad we can't get that CAPTCHA thing fixed.
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by askloz View Post

      Peter, you might want to check these ping urls along side a plugin that is for wordpress, it will only ping the post once, even if it's been edited, where by default, wordpress will re-ping the site after it's been edited...

      things like
      WordPress Plugins: Smart Update Pinger, Jerome's Keywords; Enhance your blog tool
      MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer

      and it will check to see if the ping followed through, some of the sites you got here are dead now, plus you have services here as well that also ping the same services, like for instance
      rpc.pingomatic.com

      pings
      ping.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php
      rpc.icerocket.com:10080/
      ping.feedburner.com/
      rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

      and it's not necessary to ping a service more than once, if you and do this all the time, your site could get black listed.
      All the services seem to be working fine for us so far. We will update if there are some that don't work.

      Also it is important to remember to use your brain when you ping these sites. Obviously if you ping TOO often it will get you blacklisted. We recommend using the site every few days or posts, whatever is a longer time period in between.

      Take Care,
      Peter
  • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
    We are still looking for any suggestions/criticisms on this so we can enhance the available features.
    • Profile picture of the author businessguy
      We are still looking for any suggestions/criticisms on this so we can enhance the available features.

      -------------------------------------------
      Nice and fast service.

      Here are a few things I saw.

      1. Technorati did not allow the ping saying they were just pinged. Probably from pingomatic. Can dupes like that be taken out. Will that get a site flagged?

      2. I am not that thrilled with the pinged sites being listed. Sort of a privacy thing.

      3. Here is what I would think could be a good subscription service. Especially for people with a number of sites.
      With the subscription you can log in and fill out a from for each site you have. When the info is saved all the URLs would appear with check boxes next to them. Anytime sites are updated, you could log in and check the boxes for the sites to be pinged. Since this is a log in situation the capcha would not be needed.

      Arnold
  • Profile picture of the author wealthy
    I really like this tool. great design...easy to use and if the captcha doesn't work you can just re enter it. I have found great results using pingler.com. I haven't tried the other, but will later.

    Thanks
    Ben
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by wealthy View Post

      I really like this tool. great design...easy to use and if the captcha doesn't work you can just re enter it. I have found great results using pingler.com. I haven't tried the other, but will later.

      Thanks
      Ben
      Thanks for the comments.
  • Profile picture of the author 4thstreet
    I love pingler very much and have been using it since I have seen it listed here.

    However, now every time I try to use the service I receive a network timeout error. I know that it is on my side as I have had it with other websites before.

    Usually if I do a flush dns, reset my Comcast modem and and few other things I can then get through. Although I have tried everything that I can think of (and I am by no means tech savy) would you have any suggestions.

    When I ping, I see that I am sending packets but not receiving.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Patricia
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by 4thstreet View Post

      I love pingler very much and have been using it since I have seen it listed here.

      However, now every time I try to use the service I receive a network timeout error. I know that it is on my side as I have had it with other websites before.

      Usually if I do a flush dns, reset my Comcast modem and and few other things I can then get through. Although I have tried everything that I can think of (and I am by no means tech savy) would you have any suggestions.

      When I ping, I see that I am sending packets but not receiving.

      Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Patricia
      I tried to reproduce this error with no luck. I know there is a captcha issue for some that we are working on, but if you can PM me with more info regarding your problem I would be glad to look into it.

      It may have been that our server was taking a higher load then normal so try it again and let me know if the same problem occurs.

      Take Care,
      Peter
  • Profile picture of the author James Reilly
    I added this straight to my blog so others could use it, i love the site.

    James

    P.S Just the captcha though, it keeps telling me im wrong then it lets me do it.
  • Profile picture of the author luckystar
    Hello everybody,
    Everybody loves seeign things hapening live and direct and that is what this Pingler does.

    Infact, i dumped everything about pin-o-matic with a very fast speed when i realised the beauty of pingler.

    Great work
    • Profile picture of the author freetime
      Hi can someone tell me why I would want to ping my websites or blogs,or maybe you can point me to the right way for more info. Thank you
  • Profile picture of the author Kate
    Thanks the service works very well. Any reason we don't enter the rss url, like pingomatic.com?
    • Profile picture of the author scriptillusion
      Originally Posted by Kate View Post

      Thanks the service works very well. Any reason we don't enter the rss url, like pingomatic.com?
      You can submit your rss url if you'd like.
  • Profile picture of the author mbacak
    I love pingler. I just added this in the new
    tool section of my offline newletter. :-)
  • Profile picture of the author Bfranzo
    Hi! Thanks so much for this tool! It looks great and I'm going to start using it immediately. I've been using Pingomatic and sometimes pingoat but they both seem like they've been having issues lately. Nice to have something different and something that we can count on!

    Thanks again,
    Brenda
  • Profile picture of the author askloz
    freetime, your signature file exceeds the 5 line max requirement, better sort that out before Allen gets on your case and removes ya from the forum.

Next Topics on Trending Feed