Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 18th August 2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Mike Filsaime launched his Micro Model Business System this week geared towards the newbie market.

There have been similar programs from several other internet marketers over the last two years and they all do a great job making life easier for you. However; they all have the same weakness. If 1000 people sign up for this offer, all of a sudden there will be a 1000 marketers like you trying to market the same products. Talk about sibling rivalry.

Besides, the key to all this is traffic. You can have the best product in the world but without traffic, it means nothing.

The Micro Model Business System does teach you the basics of traffic but you may have to take additional courses to learn and generate traffic. For a limited time, they are providing a traffic course for free and that's a relief because without traffic, everything else is meaningless. Learning how to generate traffic is not brain surgery but requires time and patience.
Bloggerkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st August 2012, 04:56 PM   #2
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 138
Thanks: 17
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

I find the whole system well put together actually. The one thing I don't like about the system is its emphasis on the make money niche or related niches such as Facebook marketing, List management, back linking and so on. Hopefully the added niches to come will be of a more general nature: health, education and so on.

Its true however, These same sites will be built my all members. Could be 100 members , could be 10,000. However, You shouldn't expect the traffic to be coming from google but more along the lines of forum commenting, article and video marketing, yahoo answers and so on. of course all this can be automated. The products/websites are all listed in paydotcom it seems, so its possible to have affiliates promoting your product, but I wouldn't count on it.
Adam X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd August 2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: London, England, UK
Posts: 46
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggerkhan View Post
Mike Filsaime launched his Micro Model Business System this week geared towards the newbie market.

There have been similar programs from several other internet marketers over the last two years and they all do a great job making life easier for you. However; they all have the same weakness. If 1000 people sign up for this offer, all of a sudden there will be a 1000 marketers like you trying to market the same products. Talk about sibling rivalry.

Besides, the key to all this is traffic. You can have the best product in the world but without traffic, it means nothing.

The Micro Model Business System does teach you the basics of traffic but you may have to take additional courses to learn and generate traffic. For a limited time, they are providing a traffic course for free and that's a relief because without traffic, everything else is meaningless. Learning how to generate traffic is not brain surgery but requires time and patience.
I absolutely agree with you on all points. I find it hard to believe how these internet marketers continueously MASK over the TRUTH with all these long drawn out sales videos, which NEVER focus or even mention the REAL requirements which are needed to make money online.
DK7667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd August 2012, 07:01 PM   #4
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

<quote>Its true however, These same sites will be built by all members.</unquote>

That's the exact thought that I had when I encountered Mike's program. The first few people that buy in might make some decent money but it won't be long until the market is saturated and nobody will make anything. I'm somewhat disappointed in Mike on this one. With his experience he knows that's what's going to happen. The only person who stands to make a killing on it is Mike. I'm sure it's a great product but I'm afraid it's doomed to a short shelf life.

I ran across something else that I'm curious about but I'll start another thread on it.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd August 2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

It's not a bad deal for newbies though. For $29.99 / month, you will get very good exposure to the different facets of marketing on the web. After a few months, you may cancel and go on your own with good knowledge of what can be done, the effort involved and the related costs.
Bloggerkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd August 2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
<quote>Its true however, These same sites will be built by all members.</unquote>

That's the exact thought that I had when I encountered Mike's program. The first few people that buy in might make some decent money but it won't be long until the market is saturated and nobody will make anything. I'm somewhat disappointed in Mike on this one. With his experience he knows that's what's going to happen. The only person who stands to make a killing on it is Mike. I'm sure it's a great product but I'm afraid it's doomed to a short shelf life.

I ran across something else that I'm curious about but I'll start another thread on it.
The whole "saturation" line of thinking isn't valid...

How many bookstores are selling the very same copies of the 'Harry Potter' books? Did the fact that one Barnes & Noble is selling them prevent any copies from being sold on Amazon? Absoultely not...

You can pick up a copy of any Call Of Duty video game at nearly any electronics or big box store around, you can find it online, at super centers... are they all complaining about saturation?

How about the fact that thousands of affiliates are all driving sales to the same product, and same sales page through networks like ClickBank, WarriorPlus, JV Zoo, etc?

Saturation is a myth... or put more bluntly, it's an excuse people use because it sounds good.

You may end up competing with a few hundred other people, if that, when it's all said and done. The OVERWHELMING majority of people who buy any IM product never do anything with it... so if you're in competition with 100-250 people, it comes down to you getting your own traffic.

Look guys... I don't know why this is coming as any shock to anyone, but EVERY SINGLE ONLINE BUSINESS, without exception, is all about traffic. This isn't just about Mike's product, it's about ALL products, all services, all affiliate programs, and any business of any kind that sells any kind of product online.

Mike's system is about eliminating 99% of the setup, the product creation, the hosting, the technical hassles, and all the other crap that prevents 99% of marketers from ever getting to the list building and traffic step...

So, like all systems... is it money for nothing? No, I hope you're not foolish enough to believe that actually exists. What Mike's system is, plain and simple, is a huge headstart to help get people moving in the right direction so that they can focus on getting things moving in the right direction.

-Gary Ambrose

P.S. If I wasn't clear... Saturation doesn't exist.
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 03:07 AM   #7
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 63
Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Hmmm...talk about saturation... is it really true it does not exist?

Try getting 100 hotdog sellers at a local fun fair carnival. Who'll get the business? The traffic is there already. But too many hotdogs sellers selling hotdogs. Maybe some will want to sell ice cream or pop corn.

It's about demand and supply. Too much supply with too little demand gives saturation.

With so many affiliates promoting the same product...well. The answer is simple. Because there's only one product owner. Using this micro business model is not affiliate marketing. The people want to be product sellers. How can the people be given the same product and then asked to sell on their site? Even the site is the same. There's no uniqueness, no unique selling point. All the same. Then how different it is from affiliate marketing?

I don't like the point on having the affiliate network ready - paydotcom. Sure it is already an affiliate network. But to say that there's a ready supply of affiliates wanting to sell for you is sort of short changing the people who buy into this system. It's like saying get everyone in the world to give you $1...just $1 and you will be a multi-millionaire...maybe billionaire.

The truth is there are thousands of products on the network. The challenge is getting people to want to sell for you. It's getting them to land into your affiliate page to sign up as your affiliate. And don't forget there are some other 'owners' selling the same product looking for affiliates. So the truth is you still have to find your own affiliates.

So I wonder...even the product is done for you. Can the owner modify the contents of the product to make it more unique?? If not everything is done for you. Then there'll be duplication. So if all members follow all tutorial and assumiing they can get to page 1 of google, how many of the same product sellers can rank on page 1?? Will google allow it??

Hmmm...this topic on saturation is really debatable.
chayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Before I comment, let me be 100% clear that I work for Mike Filsaime - and I also helped design and put together MMBS (as well as Profit Platform). My comments will be centered on answering specific issues - not try to tell anyone how awesome it is

So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggerkhan View Post
Mike Filsaime launched his Micro Model Business System this week geared towards the newbie market.

There have been similar programs from several other internet marketers over the last two years and they all do a great job making life easier for you. However; they all have the same weakness. If 1000 people sign up for this offer, all of a sudden there will be a 1000 marketers like you trying to market the same products. Talk about sibling rivalry.

Besides, the key to all this is traffic. You can have the best product in the world but without traffic, it means nothing.

The Micro Model Business System does teach you the basics of traffic but you may have to take additional courses to learn and generate traffic. For a limited time, they are providing a traffic course for free and that's a relief because without traffic, everything else is meaningless. Learning how to generate traffic is not brain surgery but requires time and patience.
Gary made a great post on saturation and I agree with him totally. It IS about getting traffic.

Several years ago I made a Popup Generator software, even though there were already countless others on the market. I did it because I knew I had something many of the others did not - traffic to sell it. And it did well, even with all the "saturation". You have to get beyond that thinking... whether using MMBS or being an affiliate for someone else.

MMBS includes a library of different traffic training methods. Some free, others not. But it's there to learn from. And as stated here - it does take patience.

Mike's 14 day trial is designed for you to play with the system, to see how easy it is to get some sites up and running - not for you to drive traffic to. You'd need more than 14 (or even 30) days if you are new to traffic generation... but with time and diligence, you can do it.

Mike
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam X View Post
I find the whole system well put together actually. The one thing I don't like about the system is its emphasis on the make money niche or related niches such as Facebook marketing, List management, back linking and so on. Hopefully the added niches to come will be of a more general nature: health, education and so on.

Its true however, These same sites will be built my all members. Could be 100 members , could be 10,000. However, You shouldn't expect the traffic to be coming from google but more along the lines of forum commenting, article and video marketing, yahoo answers and so on. of course all this can be automated. The products/websites are all listed in paydotcom it seems, so its possible to have affiliates promoting your product, but I wouldn't count on it.
First, thanks. We put some effort in to making it a user friendly, simple system to use.

As for niches - it is really a 50-50 thing. 50% are I.M. related, 50% other niches. Members get 25 when they join and the rest you get 2 products per month until you get to 50 products (and who knows - perhaps more than that). The system is designed to release 1 IM and 1 Niche product each month. This gives people an opportunity to sell outside the I.M. market.

And you are 100% correct about traffic. Don't expect much from Google. Even if there were only 10 people selling these - lately Google has been beating back sales pages in many niches... find other traffic sources. Google isn't the only one.

Mike
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 10:53 AM   #10
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK7667 View Post
I absolutely agree with you on all points. I find it hard to believe how these internet marketers continueously MASK over the TRUTH with all these long drawn out sales videos, which NEVER focus or even mention the REAL requirements which are needed to make money online.
Yes, real requirements are needed - such as hosting (provided), products (provided), training on how to drive traffic (provided).

There's no masking here. Mike is selling a system. He even states in his sales video that there are no PUSH BUTTON SALES MACHINES. It takes work.

Like I said - no masking here.

Mike
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
<quote>Its true however, These same sites will be built by all members.</unquote>

That's the exact thought that I had when I encountered Mike's program. The first few people that buy in might make some decent money but it won't be long until the market is saturated and nobody will make anything. I'm somewhat disappointed in Mike on this one. With his experience he knows that's what's going to happen. The only person who stands to make a killing on it is Mike. I'm sure it's a great product but I'm afraid it's doomed to a short shelf life.

I ran across something else that I'm curious about but I'll start another thread on it.
No, it takes more than being the first one.

It takes being someone who is diligent and not afraid to put forth effort. It takes being someone who thinks outside the box a little.

Disappointed in Mike for providing a system to help people get through some of the more technical aspects of product creation, site building, etc.? Well, you're entitled to that opinion. But I made a boatload of money over the years building sites like these - manually. I coulda done it faster with MMBS

Mike
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Internet Marketing Edge
War Room Member
 
Gary Pettit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Torrance,California
Posts: 1,386
Blog Entries: 27
Thanks: 76
Thanked 236 Times in 191 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

So I'm a little confused?

If we sign up, do we only get one (1) site that we choose from 25 options?

or

Do we get 25 self hosted sites at the same time once we sign up?

Thanks for clarification
Gary Pettit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 09:53 PM   #13
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Pettit View Post
So I'm a little confused?

If we sign up, do we only get one (1) site that we choose from 25 options?

or

Do we get 25 self hosted sites at the same time once we sign up?

Thanks for clarification
Gary,

You immediately get 25 sites. If you stay in you get 2 more per month until you hit 50 sites.

Hope this helps,
Mike
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd August 2012, 11:38 PM   #14
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Mike,

I think you misread me. I'm sure it's a great product with a lot of great info. That's not my point. My disappointment is in the fact that everybody is going to be promoting the same things which is going to dilute everybody's efforts. That's happened with many other programs of similar ilk and I'm sure Mike knows this. As far as Mike himself goes I have great respect for him.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th August 2012, 05:31 AM   #15
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 935
Thanked 1,312 Times in 742 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
Mike,

I think you misread me. I'm sure it's a great product with a lot of great info. That's not my point. My disappointment is in the fact that everybody is going to be promoting the same things which is going to dilute everybody's efforts. That's happened with many other programs of similar ilk and I'm sure Mike knows this. As far as Mike himself goes I have great respect for him.
I hear what you're saying. But I agree with Gary's assessment. You can and do have many people promoting and selling the same thing in most every arena. Of COURSE Mike knows this.

Mike also knows that roughly 95% of the users will do nothing more than build sites and that's it. There's a difference between simply putting up a site and actually promoting it. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't build tools to help those who DO want to do more, and to make money while he's at it.

We've read these same comments regarding Profit Platform. Yet there are indeed people making money with that system.

As someone who has manually built and promoted similar sites and products - and as someone who works with people who WANT to but don't have some of the technical skills required - this system is a dream come true. I have a partner in my own business who is a WHIZ as SEO but after 4 years STILL can't edit html and has a hard time with FTP

MMBS is simply a tool to help with the technical aspects of building and managing sites.
MikeAmbrosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th August 2012, 01:13 PM   #16
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 47
Thanks: 189
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

What is needed to make it even more valuable for buyers is to add Editing, Branding / Personalisation and Viral features where you can change or modify the author's name, product name and other selected features.

It will take the offer to a new level.

This a good programmer can do. There is already a package on the amarket with these features, so it can be done.

Maybe Mike will listen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
Mike,

I think you misread me. I'm sure it's a great product with a lot of great info. That's not my point. My disappointment is in the fact that everybody is going to be promoting the same things which is going to dilute everybody's efforts. That's happened with many other programs of similar ilk and I'm sure Mike knows this. As far as Mike himself goes I have great respect for him.
leedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th August 2012, 01:43 PM   #17
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , United Kingdom.
Posts: 44
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

I had a look recently and at least some of the products turn out to be available elsewhere, with resale rights. Plus they are all over the web and the quality of the ones that I saw is not that good. A pity, because the basic concept is an attractive one.

So I cancelled in favour of building my own sites with high-quality and more exclusive packages, on a hosting service that I have already paid for.
rprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th August 2012, 03:06 PM   #18
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

>>>Mike also knows that roughly 95% of the users will do nothing more than build sites and that's it. There's a difference between simply putting up a site and actually promoting it. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't build tools to help those who DO want to do more, and to make money while he's at it.<<<

I can't argue with that and I'd say your 95% figure is probably close to the mark. I think Leedev's ideas are a good way to at least nullify some of the potential saturation problems.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th August 2012, 11:39 AM   #19
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

>>P.S. If I wasn't clear... Saturation doesn't exist.<<

Keep on telling yourself that, Gary. If you've got 100,000 people promoting the same product vs 10 people promoting it, in which scenario is the individual marketer likely to make the most money?
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th August 2012, 08:30 PM   #20
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 63
Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
>>P.S. If I wasn't clear... Saturation doesn't exist.<<

Keep on telling yourself that, Gary. If you've got 100,000 people promoting the same product vs 10 people promoting it, in which scenario is the individual marketer likely to make the most money?

I agree with you. I think Gary must understand that this is what the potential buyers are concerned with this. I think we are not referring to niches being saturated. Surely there's a market for it, a market for the niche, but not for the same product and sales page.

Gary and Mike(not Mike Filsaime), suppose I ask you to share your websites that are making you money, share them with the warriors here - everything from the sales page to the product (ebook or videos or whatever), let them use the exact same sales copy and product, and let them keep 100% of the profits. You can charge hosting etc or just like the what Mike Filsaime is charging - $29.95. Are you willing to share them???

Yup...sounds like PLR or MRR...but no, you dun create a separate product and share them. Share your existing business - sales copy and ebook product. Are you willing to do that?? What will you face - competition....period.

Even warriors here selling their WSO who teach IM, don't really share their personal sites for the purpose of teaching, for some fear that the students will copy their idea.

So Gary and Mike, if you are willing to share your business, then I may agree with you that saturation does not exist...

Sorry if I sound harsh....just to emphasize a point here.

Last edited by chayil; 26th August 2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
chayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th August 2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
>>P.S. If I wasn't clear... Saturation doesn't exist.<<

Keep on telling yourself that, Gary. If you've got 100,000 people promoting the same product vs 10 people promoting it, in which scenario is the individual marketer likely to make the most money?
That's not realistic in this case... don't be silly.

That said, in some cases, it could actually mean MORE money. Do you think Starbucks is having a problem with saturation? How about the hundreds of thousands of retailers currently selling the Harry Potter books, or any other print book for that matter.

Sure, if the Harry Potter books were sold at one retailer that one retailer would make more than any other... and if they were only sold at 10, those 10 would make more than the other 99,990... but don't you think there's more to be made overall if those books are sold at all 100,000 retailers.

Also, if saturation applies here... why doesn't it apply to EVERY affiliate promotion, every MLM company, and any other direct sales company in the world?

I know there are thousands of people currently promoting the SAME products on ClickBank, on Amazon, etc... and all of those links are pointing to the same sales page, the same product, etc. Are you saying that all affiliates are stupid then? Because it seems to me you're saying they're all promoting into a saturated market... and the only smart move is to promote into a market were you're the only retail source.

You can believe me, or not believe me... won't impact my bottom line one bit.

That said, you keep thinking like you currently are... it will negatively impact yours.

-Gary Ambrose
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th August 2012, 09:56 PM   #22
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayil View Post
I agree with you. I think Gary must understand that this is what the potential buyers are concerned with this. I think we are not referring to niches being saturated. Surely there's a market for it, a market for the niche, but not for the same product and sales page.

Gary and Mike(not Mike Filsaime), suppose I ask you to share your websites that are making you money, share them with the warriors here - everything from the sales page to the product (ebook or videos or whatever), let them use the exact same sales copy and product, and let them keep 100% of the profits. You can charge hosting etc or just like the what Mike Filsaime is charging - $29.95. Are you willing to share them???

Yup...sounds like PLR or MRR...but no, you dun create a separate product and share them. Share your existing business - sales copy and ebook product. Are you willing to do that?? What will you face - competition....period.

Even warriors here selling their WSO who teach IM, don't really share their personal sites for the purpose of teaching, for some fear that the students will copy their idea.

So Gary and Mike, if you are willing to share your business, then I may agree with you that saturation does not exist...

Sorry if I sound harsh....just to emphasize a point here.
That's what an affiliate program is...

You promote my sales page, my product, and you get the advantage of knowing my entire sales process, the price points, etc...

You want a list of every site I run? Why would I care? I'll outmarket 99.9% of the people out there... I already do.

It's not about the site, or the product, it's about the traffic...

Sure, saturation exists if you're dealing with a limited market... but this is the Internet, it's not limited.

If you had 2 McDonald's in the same food court, would they both lose some business to each other? Sure... there's a limited number of people who are in that food court daily.

On the other hand, do you think the other 1,000,000,000,000,000 McDonald's are having an impact on that one in the food court? Is the McDonald's in California stealing business from the one in Florida? How about the one in New York, is that stealing biz from the one in Texas?

Of course not... don't be silly.

We're not marketing to this tiny, finite number of people in a limited geographical area where saturation is going to have any real impact...

And let's get really real here, alright?

If you think you're good enough at marketing to suck out 100% of the traffic in your market, and direct it to to your site only... you're a complete and total moron.

You're going to be lucky to get 1/1000th of a percent of the traffic in any big niche market.

I stand by my points 100%. If you're worried about saturation, keep using that excuse... that's perfectly fine by me.

You're only hurting yourself.

-Gary Ambrose
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th August 2012, 12:22 AM   #23
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 63
Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_The_Ace View Post
That's what an affiliate program is...

You promote my sales page, my product, and you get the advantage of knowing my entire sales process, the price points, etc...

You want a list of every site I run? Why would I care? I'll outmarket 99.9% of the people out there... I already do.

It's not about the site, or the product, it's about the traffic...

Sure, saturation exists if you're dealing with a limited market... but this is the Internet, it's not limited.

If you had 2 McDonald's in the same food court, would they both lose some business to each other? Sure... there's a limited number of people who are in that food court daily.

On the other hand, do you think the other 1,000,000,000,000,000 McDonald's are having an impact on that one in the food court? Is the McDonald's in California stealing business from the one in Florida? How about the one in New York, is that stealing biz from the one in Texas?

Of course not... don't be silly.

We're not marketing to this tiny, finite number of people in a limited geographical area where saturation is going to have any real impact...

And let's get really real here, alright?

If you think you're good enough at marketing to suck out 100% of the traffic in your market, and direct it to to your site only... you're a complete and total moron.

You're going to be lucky to get 1/1000th of a percent of the traffic in any big niche market.

I stand by my points 100%. If you're worried about saturation, keep using that excuse... that's perfectly fine by me.

You're only hurting yourself.

-Gary Ambrose

Gary....I'm illustrating a point here. I do agree it's about traffic. And I don't need your sites...not at this moment. I'm trying to prove a point here. If you put your sites just like Mike's products...are you willing??
I'm not talking about affiliate marketing. Mike's product is not affiliate marketing. He is offering the 'done for you' style. The automation part is great. Mike's product allows the user to set their own price point. That's not affiliate marketing.

I already said it's not about the niche. My concern here is Mike's product churns out similar sales page and products. The owner may not be able to change the contents to make it unique. Sure there will always be competition. But any business owner will want to minimize competition. Or at least have a healthy competition. It's ok to have others competing in the same niche. But you see, the owners have different CONTENT in their sales pages and ebook or whatever product.

I've been emphasizing on CONTENT. I'm NOT talking about saturation in the niche. So in a sense I'm talking about saturation in content.

Your example on Mcdonalds is based on geographical market. Sure the Mcdonalds in one city have little impact on another city. I know the internet is very huge. I've never denied that we need to drive traffic. I didn't say I expect 100% of the traffic to my site.

Maybe saturation is the wrong word to use. Again I emphasize, the owners get same content, same sales page and product in the name of automation. Do they get to edit their content if they want to?

That is why I'm asking if you are willing to share your niches, product sales page etc. Not to know what you do, but to see your reaction. Do you want others to have the same sales copy as you, same product as you? You are the creator, you want it unique. If someone copy your product etc, you'll probably take action against the person for copyright infringement right??

So the same question, are you willing to put your niches/products and offer it to people, like Mike's product, Micro model business system???
chayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th August 2012, 09:00 PM   #24
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayil View Post
Gary....I'm illustrating a point here. I do agree it's about traffic. And I don't need your sites...not at this moment. I'm trying to prove a point here. If you put your sites just like Mike's products...are you willing??
I'm not talking about affiliate marketing. Mike's product is not affiliate marketing. He is offering the 'done for you' style. The automation part is great. Mike's product allows the user to set their own price point. That's not affiliate marketing.

I already said it's not about the niche. My concern here is Mike's product churns out similar sales page and products. The owner may not be able to change the contents to make it unique. Sure there will always be competition. But any business owner will want to minimize competition. Or at least have a healthy competition. It's ok to have others competing in the same niche. But you see, the owners have different CONTENT in their sales pages and ebook or whatever product.

I've been emphasizing on CONTENT. I'm NOT talking about saturation in the niche. So in a sense I'm talking about saturation in content.

Your example on Mcdonalds is based on geographical market. Sure the Mcdonalds in one city have little impact on another city. I know the internet is very huge. I've never denied that we need to drive traffic. I didn't say I expect 100% of the traffic to my site.

Maybe saturation is the wrong word to use. Again I emphasize, the owners get same content, same sales page and product in the name of automation. Do they get to edit their content if they want to?

That is why I'm asking if you are willing to share your niches, product sales page etc. Not to know what you do, but to see your reaction. Do you want others to have the same sales copy as you, same product as you? You are the creator, you want it unique. If someone copy your product etc, you'll probably take action against the person for copyright infringement right??

So the same question, are you willing to put your niches/products and offer it to people, like Mike's product, Micro model business system???
Yes, I already do this... I'm not going to hijack Mike's thread, but I've been selling a product just like this, using my own niches, for years.

-Gary
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th August 2012, 11:07 PM   #25
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_The_Ace View Post
That's not realistic in this case... don't be silly.

That said, in some cases, it could actually mean MORE money. Do you think Starbucks is having a problem with saturation? How about the hundreds of thousands of retailers currently selling the Harry Potter books, or any other print book for that matter.

Sure, if the Harry Potter books were sold at one retailer that one retailer would make more than any other... and if they were only sold at 10, those 10 would make more than the other 99,990... but don't you think there's more to be made overall if those books are sold at all 100,000 retailers.

Also, if saturation applies here... why doesn't it apply to EVERY affiliate promotion, every MLM company, and any other direct sales company in the world?

I know there are thousands of people currently promoting the SAME products on ClickBank, on Amazon, etc... and all of those links are pointing to the same sales page, the same product, etc. Are you saying that all affiliates are stupid then? Because it seems to me you're saying they're all promoting into a saturated market... and the only smart move is to promote into a market were you're the only retail source.

You can believe me, or not believe me... won't impact my bottom line one bit.

That said, you keep thinking like you currently are... it will negatively impact yours.

-Gary Ambrose
Whatever you say, Gary. I think chayil illustrated what I meant better than I did. If you're being bombarded with the SAME content, sooner or later you're going to become desensitized to it and start ignoring it or you're going to decide that everybody and their brother is in on this and the likelihood of making enough profit to be worth your time and effort is slim. If everybody is using different promotional materials, I agree with you. In that case there's no saturation issue. The fact that they point to the same product is a non-issue.

>>That's not realistic in this case... don't be silly.<<

I was simply trying to make a point, Gary. Why are you getting so defensive on this issue?
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th August 2012, 11:12 PM   #26
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayil View Post
I agree with you. I think Gary must understand that this is what the potential buyers are concerned with this. I think we are not referring to niches being saturated. Surely there's a market for it, a market for the niche, but not for the same product and sales page.

Gary and Mike(not Mike Filsaime), suppose I ask you to share your websites that are making you money, share them with the warriors here - everything from the sales page to the product (ebook or videos or whatever), let them use the exact same sales copy and product, and let them keep 100% of the profits. You can charge hosting etc or just like the what Mike Filsaime is charging - $29.95. Are you willing to share them???

Yup...sounds like PLR or MRR...but no, you dun create a separate product and share them. Share your existing business - sales copy and ebook product. Are you willing to do that?? What will you face - competition....period.

Even warriors here selling their WSO who teach IM, don't really share their personal sites for the purpose of teaching, for some fear that the students will copy their idea.

So Gary and Mike, if you are willing to share your business, then I may agree with you that saturation does not exist...

Sorry if I sound harsh....just to emphasize a point here.
Bingo! You've hit on the exact point I was trying to make. If I get hit with the exact same promo every time I turn around I'm going to assume there are already too many people in the boat and I'm not getting in.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th August 2012, 02:49 AM   #27
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
Bingo! You've hit on the exact point I was trying to make. If I get hit with the exact same promo every time I turn around I'm going to assume there are already too many people in the boat and I'm not getting in.
That's your choice to make... but you're basically saying that you're not good enough at marketing, or not confident enough in your abilities to beat out a few other newbies.

-Gary
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th August 2012, 07:44 PM   #28
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 52
Thanks: 25
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Too bad this thread turned into a pi$$ing match between a few warriors.


This seems to be more common all the time.

The OP makes a comment askes a question etc.

One warrior makes a comment and others begin to debate/contest/express opinions and the original intent of the thread is lost in the fray.


Unfortunate but true.


Jim R

P.S. I do realize my post is not related to the OP comment either.
jredmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th August 2012, 11:37 AM   #29
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 23
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Your RIGHT jredmond!

I was hoping to find some users of Mike's 'System' to share with us the results that they have discovered so that we might see things a little more clearly before considering the purchase. Any biters on this line of thinking?

I was half way through the sales video when I thought to look here but I feel like I'm watching a tennis match:confused:. Once again, has anyone bought this and have any input with their experience with it? :rolleyes:
steppinonup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th August 2012, 08:51 PM   #30
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_The_Ace View Post
That's your choice to make... but you're basically saying that you're not good enough at marketing, or not confident enough in your abilities to beat out a few other newbies.

-Gary
I'm not exactly a newbie, Son. That's the reason for my concern about saturating the market with the exact same promos for the same product. Why are you being so pissy about this? I simply expressed a legitimate marketing concern. You're acting like it was a personal attack against you.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th August 2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredmond View Post
Too bad this thread turned into a pi$ match between a few warriors.


This seems to be more common all the time.

The OP makes a comment askes a question etc.

One warrior makes a comment and others begin to debate/contest/express opinions and the original intent of the thread is lost in the fray.


Unfortunate but true.


Jim R

P.S. I do realize my post is not related to the OP comment either.
You're right, Jim. All I meant to do was express what I felt was a legitimate marketing concern. Whether it came across that way or not I was interested in finding out if people working with the program were running into the problem I expressed concern over. I had no intention of starting a war.

I've been away from the forum for quite awhile while I've been working on building a freelance Software development business offline. The forum seems to have a far more contentious nature than I remember. I'm afraid the original intent of this thread is history.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th August 2012, 07:49 PM   #32
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 138
Thanks: 17
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Hello all,

I will chime in here as someone that has purchased this system. First of all I got a very good deal as you have the option to purchase 12 months for $200 rather than having to pay that $29.95 per month. In addition you are also given the option for lifetime access for an additional $100 , rather than pay $200/yearly. So for $300, you have 25 sites plus 25 new sites to be added. 50 sites in total. This includes the full set up, and hosting. Not so bad as you are basically paying 6$ per site for life.

Now, I did have a concern regarding the products themselves, not so much the competition as my marketing methods are unique to me. Regarding the actual product you are selling, some of them are not so good (actually, they are pretty bad) One thing I know a lot about is PLR, and some of the products are in fact PLR of which I already have, but would use them as free give-aways , not something I would charge $30-$40 dollars for.

However, as I was looking into it and based on a recent conference call with Doc Stone, it turns out you can edit the sales pages , and upload your own products. For me this is great, as this was my intention from the start.

Some of the products are also very good and I have no intention of making any edits. They are fine as they are.

In addition you can add a blog to each site (many ways to configure all this). The blogs can provide additional information such as your articles with affiliate links and so on. So, in the end I can use 2 or 3 of these sites and even though I forget the rest, I don't think it would take too long before I make back that $300.

Thats the way I see it.

So, I'm sticking with it 100%
Adam X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30th August 2012, 11:08 PM   #33
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
I'm not exactly a newbie, Son. That's the reason for my concern about saturating the market with the exact same promos for the same product. Why are you being so pissy about this? I simply expressed a legitimate marketing concern. You're acting like it was a personal attack against you.
I never acted like it was a personal attack on me...

What it is though, is a bunch of garbage. There is no such thing as saturation at the budgets that anyone on this forum is working with.

It would literally take billions to reach a true saturation point for any single product online, and there isn't anyone on this forum that's playing at anywhere near that level... there are very few people on the planet who could play at that level.

Every affiliate marketer is competing with tens of thousands of other affiliates... why aren't they crying saturation?

Everyone promoting anything on Amazon should be crying saturation.

They're not...

And this relates DIRECTLY to Mike's system as the main sticking point for a number of warriors was saturation.

You can claim that I turned this into a pissing match if you'd like, but you'd be wrong... what I did was completely destroy that excuse, explain why it's not valid, and both of those go directly back to the product itself, and the concerns of potential buyers.

You may not like strong opinions, but I'm not going to tone it down because you don't like what I have to say...

-Gary Ambrose

P.S. Instead of trying to avoid the question at hand, and misdirect people... why not explain how affiliate marketing isn't jumping head-first into an oversaturated market? Or why not explain how any Amazon affiliate isn't jumping into saturation?

The point is, you can't... not logically anyway.

And that's why saturation shouldn't concern you with this product.

You don't have the budget for that to be an issue for you... unless you're secretly sitting on a couple billion dollars.
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 12:37 AM   #34
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Good feedback, Adam. Thanks.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 01:38 AM   #35
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

>>I never acted like it was a personal attack on me...<<

It certainly seemed that way from time to time.

>>What it is though, is a bunch of garbage.<<

That is definitely a personal attack. You might as well be calling me a know nothing dumbshit. As an Assistant Professor of Math and Physics, a Member of Who's Who Among America's Teachers and a Level II Software Engineer, I don't think I fit that category.

>>You can claim that I turned this into a pissing match if you'd like, but you'd be wrong<<

No, I don't think I would. What I do know is that you're promoting the product and I stepped on your toes with what I considered to be a legitimate concern. Oh, BTW, there's a big difference between strong opinions and doing everything you can to call someone an idiot without saying it straight out because you know it's a violation of forum policy.

>>Instead of trying to avoid the question at hand, and misdirect people<<

I don't see where I've tried to "misdirect" anyone, Gary. You're the one who went off on a tangent.

>>what I did was completely destroy that excuse, explain why it's not valid<<

Take a good look at your rhetoric. If that's not combative, what is? Once again, for the umpteenth time, all I did was express what I felt to be a legitimate concern. You're the one who came out with all guns blasting.

I have two last things to say. One, there's a difference between a microcosm and a macrocosm. A million Mickey D's spread over the world are distanced enough from each other that neither is going to impact the others' business - they're a macrocosm. For all its globality, the Internet is really a microcosm because it basically allows us all to be in the same "place" at the same time. Now if there were 10 MD's on every block that would be a microcosm and they'd all go out of business. THAT is the basis of my concern.

If I get 50 emails, all with the same subject and the same pitch, what do you think I'm going to do? I don't know about you but I'm going to get tired of it and start deleting them every time I see one. The TVC/MCA deal is a good case in point. I did a Google because I wanted to check it out and see if it might be something I might want to consider getting involved in. What did I see? Three pages, at least, of "reviews" all based on some variant of the "scam" angle. Did it turn me off? Damn straight it did. I have a feeling that some of them are going to be lucky not to have the FTC come down on them, but that's another story.

Secondly, we're all "Warriors" here. If anything, we should be supportive of one another instead of basically calling somebody a dumbass and trying to rip them a new asshole because we don't agree with their POV. That goes beyond "strong opinions". In the interest of peace, why don't we call a truce? This is starting to get out of hand.

Last edited by ProfessorMetal; 31st August 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Typo fixes due to being up for about 30 hrs straight. I probably missed a few but right now I'm too tired to care.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 04:26 AM   #36
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 63
Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Oh Gary...you seem to have missed the point again. LOL...VL(very loud)

I asked about whether the sales page and the product can be edited to make it unique. You didn't answer that. Only Adam X who bought the product mentioned that. Thanks Adam!!!
Quote by Gary..."
Every affiliate marketer is competing with tens of thousands of other affiliates... why aren't they crying saturation?

Everyone promoting anything on Amazon should be crying saturation.

They're not...

And this relates DIRECTLY to Mike's system as the main sticking point for a number of warriors was saturation. "

Well Gary...I also said Mike Filsaime's product is not about affiliate marketing, because it's about being the product owner. So you can't use affiliate marketing as an example.

The reason why you can't use it as an example is very simple. Because people know that the product belongs to someone else. The affiliate has their own 'sales page' aka the product review page. The affiliate then directs the traffic to the owners page. Which is alright because people know that they are being directed to the owner's page. The owner's page is unique because it is probably the only copy of it.

Even for Amazon...nobody cry saturation because the affiliates can make their own review page.

I keep emphasizing...it's not about saturation on the niches. Niches are fine. The concern I've been raising is whether the sales page and product can be edited to make it unique. You missed the point and didn't answer it. Only Adam X answered it.

Mike Filsiame's product is about owning the product and sales page. If every owner of the product has the same product and sales page, then it's a real concern. From what I understand from Mike's video, the sales page and product are created automatically. In this case, there will be some duplication concern. Thankfully Adam answered my question.

I guess because Gary is an affiliate of Mike's product, therefore can't really answer my question without physically testing/trying it. Sigh.....
chayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 11:50 AM   #37
Sea Sider
War Room Member
 
garyogden's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Blackpool, England
Posts: 321
Thanks: 105
Thanked 41 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

I am looking at this "system" are there any extras to pay? Can you host yourself on your own hosting? Are the products new or old?
garyogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 09:19 PM   #38
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

>>Mike Filsiame's product is about owning the product and sales page. If every owner of the product has the same product and sales page, then it's a real concern. From what I understand from Mike's video, the sales page and product are created automatically. In this case, there will be some duplication concern.<<

chayil,

That's the point I've been tring to get across and the concern I've been trying tp express all along. You're right, Adam is the only who's really addressed the issue.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 09:54 PM   #39
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
>>I never acted like it was a personal attack on me...<<

It certainly seemed that way from time to time.

>>What it is though, is a bunch of garbage.<<

That is definitely a personal attack. You might as well be calling me a know nothing dumbshit. As an Assistant Professor of Math and Physics, a Member of Who's Who Among America's Teachers and a Level II Software Engineer, I don't think I fit that category.

>>You can claim that I turned this into a pissing match if you'd like, but you'd be wrong<<

No, I don't think I would. What I do know is that you're promoting the product and I stepped on your toes with what I considered to be a legitimate concern. Oh, BTW, there's a big difference between strong opinions and doing everything you can to call someone an idiot without saying it straight out because you know it's a violation of forum policy.

>>Instead of trying to avoid the question at hand, and misdirect people<<

I don't see where I've tried to "misdirect" anyone, Gary. You're the one who went off on a tangent.

>>what I did was completely destroy that excuse, explain why it's not valid<<

Take a good look at your rhetoric. If that's not combative, what is? Once again, for the umpteenth time, all I did was express what I felt to be a legitimate concern. You're the one who came out with all guns blasting.

I have two last things to say. One, there's a difference between a microcosm and a macrocosm. A million Mickey D's spread over the world are distanced enough from each other that neither is going to impact the others' business - they're a macrocosm. For all its globality, the Internet is really a microcosm because it basically allows us all to be in the same "place" at the same time. Now if there were 10 MD's on every block that would be a microcosm and they'd all go out of business. THAT is the basis of my concern.

If I get 50 emails, all with the same subject and the same pitch, what do you think I'm going to do? I don't know about you but I'm going to get tired of it and start deleting them every time I see one. The TVC/MCA deal is a good case in point. I did a Google because I wanted to check it out and see if it might be something I might want to consider getting involved in. What did I see? Three pages, at least, of "reviews" all based on some variant of the "scam" angle. Did it turn me off? Damn straight it did. I have a feeling that some of them are going to be lucky not to have the FTC come down on them, but that's another story.

Secondly, we're all "Warriors" here. If anything, we should be supportive of one another instead of basically calling somebody a dumbass and trying to rip them a new asshole because we don't agree with their POV. That goes beyond "strong opinions". In the interest of peace, why don't we call a truce? This is starting to get out of hand.
All I can do is laugh at this...

You're just spouting off excuse, after excuse, after excuse... none of which should be a concern for someone like you, what with all your fancy titles and all.

We're not all in the same place, at the same time online... not by any stretch of the imagination. The internet isn't a small pool, it's the biggest potential audience out there.

Hell, there are people on this forum who have no idea who Allan Says is... and it's his forum!

Why would you get 50 emails with the same subject? Does your computer not have a keyboard so you could edit them, and write your own? It appears you have a keyboard... so that shouldn't be an issue for you, or anyone else who has the ability to write a post to this forum.

And if you did get 50 emails with the same subject, that goes WAY back to my original post... anyone who is a decent marketer won't have a problem here. If you're going to blindly copy and paste, without putting in any work... you might hit the same person, with the same subject line... that's just piss poor marketing.

You're wrong, and you're not willing to admit it... that's fine.

Your feelings got hurt, and you turtled up, and tried to prove you're smarter than the rest of the crowd here by listing off a bunch of irrelevant titles and accomplishments.

Software Engineers aren't marketers. Teachers aren't marketers. Marketers are marketers... that's all that matters here.

Got a marketing award you want to show off?

-Gary Ambrose

P.S. Ignore the comments of the weak-minded, excuse seeking marketer claiming saturation is a real thing. If you're smart enough to recognize that there are more people online, than there are in your local area... you're smart enough to know saturation won't be a problem for you here.
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 10:05 PM   #40
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayil View Post
Oh Gary...you seem to have missed the point again. LOL...VL(very loud)

I asked about whether the sales page and the product can be edited to make it unique. You didn't answer that. Only Adam X who bought the product mentioned that. Thanks Adam!!!
Quote by Gary..."
Every affiliate marketer is competing with tens of thousands of other affiliates... why aren't they crying saturation?

Everyone promoting anything on Amazon should be crying saturation.

They're not...

And this relates DIRECTLY to Mike's system as the main sticking point for a number of warriors was saturation. "

Well Gary...I also said Mike Filsaime's product is not about affiliate marketing, because it's about being the product owner. So you can't use affiliate marketing as an example.

The reason why you can't use it as an example is very simple. Because people know that the product belongs to someone else. The affiliate has their own 'sales page' aka the product review page. The affiliate then directs the traffic to the owners page. Which is alright because people know that they are being directed to the owner's page. The owner's page is unique because it is probably the only copy of it.

Even for Amazon...nobody cry saturation because the affiliates can make their own review page.

I keep emphasizing...it's not about saturation on the niches. Niches are fine. The concern I've been raising is whether the sales page and product can be edited to make it unique. You missed the point and didn't answer it. Only Adam X answered it.

Mike Filsiame's product is about owning the product and sales page. If every owner of the product has the same product and sales page, then it's a real concern. From what I understand from Mike's video, the sales page and product are created automatically. In this case, there will be some duplication concern. Thankfully Adam answered my question.

I guess because Gary is an affiliate of Mike's product, therefore can't really answer my question without physically testing/trying it. Sigh.....
Being an affiliate or product owner has no impact on the argument...

In either case, you're trying to bring visitors, to a website. What's on that website could either be an affiliate product, or your own product... in either case, we're talking about the number of people in the pool that could be taken to that particular page.

You can LOL all you want, as loudly as you'd like... but you're completely missing the point.

There would be no duplication concern regardless of whether or not you could edit the sales page either. Would it impact results you'd get through SEO efforts for that specific page? Yes... but having one page, that's exactly the same as another page, doesn't mean the market is saturated.

All that means is, you won't be listed on Google with 10 duplicate results... but, who cares? That's ONE source of traffic out of hundreds of thousands that are out there.

As for your Amazon argument, it's invalid too.

Why couldn't create a review page on a separate domain for these products? Oh, that's right... you could.

Duplicate pages aren't a concern. Never have been, never will be UNLESS your ONLY source of traffic is free traffic that you get as a direct result of SEO for a the sales page itself. ( which, by the way, is a HORRIBLE strategy )

I could have the same sales copy, same product, same EVERYTHING as another... I put mine on my domain, they put yours on their domain, and I'd be willing to bet I'd outsell just about anyone.

That's what it all comes down to.

Do you honestly think that if there are 2 duplicate pages that sales are going to be evenly split between the 2? That it'll be 50/50 between both pages?

If there were 4, do you think it'd be 25% of sales for all 4 duplicate pages?

Of course not.

You want to know what page would get the sales? The one with the better marketer behind it. The one that's owned by someone looking at the data, and making adjustments. The one that's not worried about saturation that doesn't exist.

This thread has been filled with excuses about saturation... and anyone worried about saturation is worried about the wrong thing.

Saturation is the least of your worries until you're getting several million unique visitors per day.

I don't think that's a real concern for 99.9999% of the people here. (myself included)

-Gary Ambrose
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 10:07 PM   #41
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
>>Mike Filsiame's product is about owning the product and sales page. If every owner of the product has the same product and sales page, then it's a real concern. From what I understand from Mike's video, the sales page and product are created automatically. In this case, there will be some duplication concern.<<

chayil,

That's the point I've been tring to get across and the concern I've been trying tp express all along. You're right, Adam is the only who's really addressed the issue.
The point I've been trying to make is...

That has no bearing on whether or not there's going to be any saturation. The question wasn't ignored, but duplication and saturation are two TOTALLY different things.

See the post above this. That'll explain why.

-Gary Ambrose

P.S. None of this is going to matter in a few hours when the offer is closed anyway. I just hope that this prevents a few people from using the saturation excuse later... it's a cop-out.
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 10:10 PM   #42
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

I see you're determined to be an ass. Take a look at chayil's last post. I'm not the only who has concerns - legitimate concerns. The whole thing is that you're promoting the product and throwing a hissy fit on anyone who questions anything abouti t. Stick your head back up your ass and go your own way. I proferred you the olive branch and your response was to continue being an insulting contentious overbearing asshole and fire off another post full of bullshit and ad hominem. I've got better things to do than waste time on you. How's that for "strong opinions"?
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 10:37 PM   #43
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 271
Thanks: 28
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

I dont see it being any different to someone making a product to show you how to make ice cream and then 50,000 affiliates all promote it they are all promoting the same thing just some are doing it different
GaryBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st August 2012, 11:57 PM   #44
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBurke View Post
I dont see it being any different to someone making a product to show you how to make ice cream and then 50,000 affiliates all promote it they are all promoting the same thing just some are doing it different
Here's the type of scenario I'm referring to - the vendor provides all affiliates with the same promotional materials - including marketing emails and subjects. I hit one of my safelist inboxes and see 50 of the same email from 50 different people. That means that if I'm interested they each have a 1 in 50 chance that their email is going to be the one I actually read. Gary A. knows that's what I'm talking about he just wants to be contentious because he's promoting the program.

>>they are all promoting the same thing just some are doing it different<<

Granted. Sticking with my safelist scenario, anyone with at least a little experience isn't going to use the stock materials provided - they'll rewite the subject and the email to make it their own and the point is then rendered moot. The fact that they're all pointing to the same sales page doesn't matter. I know that's the sort of thing G. A. was talking about but he wanted to be combative and insult people rather than being constructive with his replies.

What I meant about the Internet being a microcosm is that there could easily be 50 different people from 50 different countries promoting the same thing on the same safelist and their promo emails will all show up in my inbox. Somebody ALSO knew that that was the type of thing I was talking about but...

Anyway, thanks for a constructive reply instead of one intended to ridicule and insult. That's the kind of thing we SHOULD be doing on here.

Last edited by ProfessorMetal; 1st September 2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: As usual, typo fixes.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 04:57 AM   #45
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
I see you're determined to be an ass. Take a look at chayil's last post. I'm not the only who has concerns - legitimate concerns. The whole thing is that you're promoting the product and throwing a hissy fit on anyone who questions anything abouti t. Stick your head back up your ass and go your own way. I proferred you the olive branch and your response was to continue being an insulting contentious overbearing asshole and fire off another post full of bullshit and ad hominem. I've got better things to do than waste time on you. How's that for "strong opinions"?
Not too bad...

-G
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 05:02 AM   #46
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2002
Location: , , USA.
Posts: 1,255
Thanks: 65
Thanked 322 Times in 118 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMetal View Post
Here's the type of scenario I'm referring to - the vendor provides all affiliates with the same promotional materials - including marketing emails and subjects. I hit one of my safelist inboxes and see 50 of the same email from 50 different people. That means that if I'm interested they each have a 1 in 50 chance that their email is going to be the one I actually read. Gary A. knows that's what I'm talking about he just wants to be contentious because he's promoting the program.

>>they are all promoting the same thing just some are doing it different<<

Granted. Sticking with my safelist scenario, anyone with at least a little experience isn't going to use the stock materials provided - they'll rewite the subject and the email to make it their own and the point is then rendered moot. The fact that they're all pointing to the same sales page doesn't matter. I know that's the sort of thing G. A. was talking about but he wanted to be combative and insult people rather than being constructive with his replies.

What I meant about the Internet being a microcosm is that there could easily be 50 different people from 50 different countries promoting the same thing on the same safelist and their promo emails will all show up in my inbox. Somebody ALSO knew that that was the type of thing I was talking about but...

Anyway, thanks for a constructive reply instead of one intended to ridicule and insult. That's the kind of thing we SHOULD be doing on here.
That's not saturation... that's saturation of a millionth of a billionth of a percent of the total traffic that's out there in the niche related to a particular product.

Sure, you could oversaturate a tiny, insignificant amount of the potential traffic out there with any offer... but to think that means a product is saturated in the market as a whole is just plain foolish. It's also a horrible example of saturation.

Nice try though.

And, I'd hope that everyone reading this thread would be smart enough to check the emails sent to their safelists BEFORE sending the 50th duplicate email. Does everyone do that? Obviously not... but general laziness isn't a fault with any particular product, it's a problem with the person trying to promote it.

-Gary

P.S. And before you go down the safelist route with me, you should know I've run some of the most successful safelists of all time... many of which had hundreds of thousands of members at their peak. I know how they work from all angles.
Gary_The_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 06:41 AM   #47
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

>>That's not saturation... that's saturation of a millionth of a billionth of a percent of the total traffic that's out there in the niche related to a particular product.

Sure, you could oversaturate a tiny, insignificant amount of the potential traffic out there with any offer... but to think that means a product is saturated in the market as a whole is just plain foolish. It's also a horrible example of saturation.

Nice try though. http://cdn.warriorforum.com/images/smilies/wink.gif<<

That was simply a quick and dirty illustration of the type of thing I was getting at. You can easily extend that to text ads, banner ads, classified ads, whatever.

>>And, I'd hope that everyone reading this thread would be smart enough to check the emails sent to their safelists BEFORE sending the 50th duplicate email. Does everyone do that? Obviously not... but general laziness isn't a fault with any particular product, it's a problem with the person trying to promote it.<<

No disagreement on that one. I do use safelists but I never use the stock promo material provided, not even a squeeze page or splash page if they're provided. My only thing is - and it's all I was trying to get at to begin with - is that if you see the same offer over and over your response is most likely to be, "Oh, that again." and off you go even if the means of getting there was different. I know that my reaction is exactly that and, from a marketing perspective, it would be unwise to think that nobody else is going to have that reaction. Maybe that's neither here nor there. As for me personally, I'm trying to get a software development business off the ground and I simply don't have the time to spend on marketing something that doesn't have the likelihood of giving me a decent ROI. All I wanted to do here was see what others thought of Mike's program in that respect.

At any rate, it's refreshing to have a decent exchange of thoughts without them being accompanied by a tomahawk. :-)
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 12:02 PM   #48
Active Warrior
 
candyeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 68
Thanks: 28
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Boy, am I sick of wasting my time on reading all the bravado here of who's opinion is right. I don't care about the saturation theory. What I care about is, can I as a non-techy, lousy marketer on my own, make money w/Mike's product?

When Alex says "Now, I did have a concern regarding the products themselves, not so much the competition as my marketing methods are unique to me. Regarding the actual product you are selling, some of them are not so good (actually, they are pretty bad) One thing I know a lot about is PLR, and some of the products are in fact PLR of which I already have, but would use them as free give-aways , not something I would charge $30-$40 dollars for.

However,...you can edit the sales pages , and upload your own products. For me this is great, as this was my intention from the start...

In addition you can add a blog to each site (many ways to configure all this). The blogs can provide additional information such as your articles with affiliate links and so on...." I am concerned.

When Alex says that he can make money because his marketing is unique to him, that some of the products are not so good or pretty bad, that you can edit pages and upload your own products, that puts me at a great disadvantage since, as I've said, I don't have a unique marketing system, I'm not a copywriter and don't have my own products to upload. That was my whole attraction to Mike's product--that all of this would be good quality material and I wouldn't have to figure everything out for myself.

I did purchase the product late last night, unfortunately BEFORE I looked on the WF, so I have 14 days to test it. I'm going to go there now and do what I can do. I'll let you know how it works.

Blessings,

Candy
candyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 01:11 PM   #49
Active Warrior
 
ProfessorMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Best of luck with it, Candy. Yeah, things did spiral out of control. What should have been a simple back and forth dialog about the viability of the program - which is what I intended to get started - basically turned into a brawl. I never intended it to go that direction but I will admit to my own culpability in fanning the flames.

That's not what we should be doing here. We're always going to have differences in opinion but we should discuss them in a rational manner rather than getting out the flame throwers. AdamX's comments duscussig pros and cons and also that that you don't HAVE to use the supplied programs/niches/tools/products went a long way in making me think that this might be a really good way for newbies to get their feet wet and learn without breaking the bank. In many such thigs, you're stuck with what you're given and that's that. The squeeze pages, sales pages and products are all hosted on the progranowner's site and you can't edit any of the marketing materials or add your own products. Usually, the only thing you CAN do is set up you're own websites and squeeze pages, etc. and use what you've learned to market them.

Anyway, I hope it works well for you. Keep us posted.
ProfessorMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st September 2012, 05:16 PM   #50
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 63
Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Review of Micro Model Business System by Mike Filsaime

Gary...thanks for your reply in post number 40. It's much easier to digest what you have explained. It is also more constructive. In your other replies and post, it seems to be going round in circles.

Forums are for people to raise discussion. Naturally some will ask seemingly stupid question because many come from different backgrounds and experiences. Or views that may differ from your views.

With your level of experience, it's easy for you to see things in another perspective. Not so for not yet successful/experienced IMers.

I hope you take no offense in our exchanges in this thread. Should our paths cross again in future in this forum, I hope it will not happen again. Thanks.

P.S. Please refrain from calling others silly or moron. It'll help a lot.
chayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

Bookmarks

Tags
business system, micro model, mike filsaime, review

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:40 AM.