Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 5th February 2013, 07:05 PM   #51
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Zacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 15
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Whoa!!!!

Wait a second here folks. There are a very large percentage of SBI owners who have done very well.

Not only that, if you check the stats, SBI out preforms all other web hosting solutions as to the amount of websites ranking in the upper 10% percentage wise.

Just check out how many Godaddy, Hostgater, etc etc. who have nearly as many sites percentage wise that rank as well as SBI sites.

Yeah, nothing's perfect, but the amount of knowledge and help SBI brings to the table is second to none.

Lengthy tutorials, sure. Want to get rich quick....buy ton's of crap from those who specialize in that arena and see how you do.....

SBI if followed correctly and with a determination to persevere will not only educate you how to share content online successfully, but also give you an opportunity to succeed in general no matter what niche you are concentrating on.

Sorry, but I'll have to put a big Shame On You, to those who have commented here with only negative comments about SBI.

I'll present this to all you naysayers. So what have you succeeded with after failing with SBI?

Examples please.
Zacman is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 07:58 AM   #52
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 58
Thanks: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Sorry, but I'll have to put a big Shame On You, to those who have commented here with only negative comments about SBI.
SBI has systematically launched landing pages optimized for phrases like "site build it scam" and "site build it reviews." The Internet and forums are flooded with positive pitches from people who barely have used the product, or those who haven't used it recently and have moved on, (but just let their old site sit there not know what hell current active customers are experiencing), and even people who have NEVER used the product at all. Most of these people are members of their affiliate program hoping to collect "lifetime commissions" who need new sales in order to get the ever elusive renewal dollars.

SO, There are plenty of places online for people to get in a marketing pitch and all the good points about SBI. What they don't get his reasons such as the ones I provided like the company doesn't have a save button, they do not provide 24-hour service, they don't give people 301 redirects. These are all valid pieces of information that someone buying a product should know. SBI targets people who do not have a lot of knowledge about the web and encourages them to keep their blinders on selecting never see the shortcomings that this product offers.

So I say shame on you for trying to shame those of us who are educating people about the downfalls of this product. As I'm typing this message in the warrior forums SBI's system is down. I have no access to my sites, and no access to their forums or customer service. There is no number to call and no customer service people on duty. The only reason why no for sure that it's down is because I have friends on Facebook who were also SBIers who've banded together to help each other out.

I am in the process of moving my sites out of SPI. Even you don't exclusively use SBI, and I don't see you acknowledging the VERIFIABLE shortcomings that I have pointed out in this thread. I don't expect you to. They don't support your opinion. And YET, you shame us.

No. I call Shame on SBI.

  • Shame on SBI for under-delivering on customer service.
  • Shame on them for promising upgrades and not delivering them on time.
  • Shame on them for trying to keep countering opinions out of the forms and off of the Internet.
  • Shame on them for not offering competitive pricing to multiple site owners.
  • Shame on them for not listening to their customer demands when they are so simplistic as to one basic functions such as the ability to save their work.

I feel NO shame in the opinions offered here. I only feel anger at your audacity and this company that has charged me premium prices for inferior services.
princessleia is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 08:01 AM   #53
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 58
Thanks: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
I'll present this to all you naysayers. So what have you succeeded with after failing with SBI?
P.S. I've succeeded with SBI (but it wasn't because of their tools it was IN SPITE of their tools), but I'm more successful now with the sites that I have moved. I've been earning a living full time for the last three plus years. I DID the work. THEY got in the way. And seeing how much easier it is to operate outside of SBI makes me hopping mad.
princessleia is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 08:22 AM   #54
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Zacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 15
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Well I certainly would like to see the sites you've moved.

As far as premium price, the hosting and autoresponder alone are more than worth it.

What's A weber? 29 a month?

Don't get your obsession complaining about SBI. Obviously many people love it, and have learned more from it than they otherwise would have.

Just a nickels worth of free advice. Holding bitterness for anything can be extremely counterproductive.
Zacman is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 09:02 AM   #55
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 58
Thanks: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Well I certainly would like to see the sites you've moved.

As far as premium price, the hosting and autoresponder alone are more than worth it.

What's A weber? 29 a month?

Don't get your obsession complaining about SBI. Obviously many people love it, and have learned more from it than they otherwise would have.

Just a nickels worth of free advice. Holding bitterness for anything can be extremely counterproductive.
Aweber works! SBI doesn't.

You don't even exclusively use SBI. You probably haven't even logged in. Why don't you go log in right now and try the new BB2. Oh wait you can't. Because SBI is DOWN right now, and have been experiencing technical difficulties since the horror show that was their new Blockbuilder development.

My guess is you're remembering back 5 years ago when their product was cutting edge. What you fail to realize and if you look at the domain name registries and see that they're losing more customers by the day, is that SBI is not the company they were 5 years ago.

If you just realized that you lost thousands of dollars by believing in an antiquated system, you would be as angry as I was. Congratulations on moving on early. You obviously didn't keep the blinders on as recommended by SBI and hence you got out and moved into better platforms earlier. Some of us believed all the hype and stayed with SBI and were lured to stay by the false hope known as BB2--the lost opportunity cost is infuriating.

Let's see your SBI site. Is it built with the new BB2? How long did it take you to transition over your site? Do YOU make your living full-time with your online pursuits?

What is your obsession with defending them? I'm hopping mad over lost money. What's your excuse?
princessleia is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 09:41 AM   #56
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessleia View Post
Aweber works! SBI doesn't.
That's a bit unfair Princess.

You can get SBI's autoresponder to work. You just have to be creative, determined, and perhaps a little retarded for bothering.

Here are some tips...

1. First you'll need to find where the hell SBI's autoresponder tool actually is. Don't waste your time going into Mailout Manager (the email marketing area), because you won't find it there. You scroll up and down and all around until you see something called Form Build It!

(Don't try it right now though, like I just did. It's broken again. But don't worry, support will be onto it when the sun rises in Phoenix)

2. To create a new Autoresponder, click Create a New Form. Yes, you heard right.

(Now you might think that if you want to actually create a new form, you will need to click Create a New Autoresponder, but this turns out not to be the case)

3. For the next few steps you'll need to spend the evening reading the online help. Make sure you pay special attention to some of the things it doesn't mention that will cause you to have start over later. Like changing your mind about pretty much anything...

*If you want to change the order of the emails in your series, just click the Delete button and start over.

*If you want to insert a new email in your existing series, just click the Delete button and start over.

*If you change your mind about how spaced you want your emails to be, just click Delete and start over.

This teaches you to plan ahead and attack your businesses problems with a clear organized mind.

4. If you want, say, 15 emails in your series, create 2 lots of 7 and then an extra 1. At the end of the first 7 emails, get the subscriber to sign up again for the next 7 (because they all will of course).

At the end of the next 7 emails, get the subscriber to sign up again for the remaining 1 email. This builds the suspense and really increases the conversion rates.

5. Reassure your subscriber that if they feel 15 messages is a bit intrusive, they don't need to worry because most of the messages won't turn up anyway.
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 11:29 AM   #57
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 262
Thanks: 70
Thanked 54 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

SBI=CRAP

FOOLS GOLD

Those who succeeded would have succeeded anyhow

Nice people though -very caring- but stone age
theaccountant is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 06:25 PM   #58
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

For those wondering about the comments above implying SBI is 'broken', it so happened that while this conversation was taking place, SBI's sites all went down. As Ken Evoy put it...

"By the time it was figured out, all sites were down until 9:30AM EST. The issue (which turns out to be human error) has been resolved. 2.5 hours."

"We have not had any type of outage, and certainly not an unplanned one, of anywhere this magnitude in many years."

Now, don't get me wrong, all hosts have some level of downtime. It's just not possible to be perfect. But they DO have some explaining to do in the honesty stakes.

Firstly, when Ken says they haven't had any downtime for "years", is he forgetting the downtime that occurred just last year??

And given that they HAVE had downtime of all sites, how is it that they have the audacity (read: dishonesty) to display error screens like the one I've attached below?

Are they serious?? They KNOW their sites have gone down in the past, and yet they claim their sites are NEVER down??

It's CRIMINAL. And it's been pointed out before. Just like the false claim they make about having 40,000 customers when they most likely have around half this number.

If you're here to find accurate information about SBI before purchasing, I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??-sorry-technical-glitch.jpg  
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 6th February 2013, 06:31 PM   #59
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Zacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 15
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

This is total BS!

I've been on my site and in site central all day! What in the blankety blank are you talking about?

Very few posts and most slamming SBI?

Are you a troll from another webhost?

I had more sales from my SBI site today than I've had in several days.

This is getting to be obvious.

I'm going to write a great post here in the morning proving how SBI changed my life and helped me support my children.

Tired of this BS!
Zacman is offline  
Unread 7th February 2013, 03:10 AM   #60
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 58
Thanks: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
This is total BS!

I've been on my site and in site central all day! What in the blankety blank are you talking about?

Tired of this BS!
Zach,

Maybe you thought, you were, but it is impossible, because even SBI HQ couldn't access their own emails for 2 1/2 hours due to this "error." It's obvious you are not a regular user of SBI. You can login to the SBI forums and go to the post written by Kenny Evoy, president of SBI entitled "Unplanned downtime :-( ” posted in the watercooler forums just this morning. Check it out.

Quote:
... It did affect us, though. The result was that no traffic could reach our servers since the DNS would not resolve. Optimal had to put calls into Cisco in order to figure out what was wrong.

By the time it was figured out, all sites were down until 9:30AM EST..
Are you an SBI affiliate? Your refusal to even note the valid points we are making is bordering on pathological.

Our accusations are not BS. I, and others, have a right to our opinion and some of us have provided supportive facts that you cannot refute. And if you're going to get all personal and attack us as if we're lying, perhaps you should check your facts first.

Because if you do, you'll see where you're wrong.

SBI is not the company it was SEVEN years ago no matter how nice you think they are or how much they helped you then.

Last edited by princessleia; 7th February 2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: typos replaced link w/ quote so others can read it
princessleia is offline  
Unread 9th February 2013, 04:37 AM   #61
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacman View Post

I'm going to write a great post here in the morning proving how SBI changed my life and helped me support my children.

Tired of this BS!
Zach, I don't mean to be rude, but a biography is supposed to be shorter than the life it documents.

Any chance you could snap things up??
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 18th February 2013, 03:51 PM   #62
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 80
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Hi Folks

Catching up on this thread quickly, I see that many of the recent posts have already been addressed in this thread. However, I am not here to rehash those arguments today. I am here to address the SiteSell downtime issue that occurred recently:

Quote:
it so happened that while this conversation was taking place, SBI's sites all went down.
Oven Key, Ken openly shared what occurred with SBI!ers in the forums and the fact is, SiteSell was extremely upset over this. That's because SBI!ers' sites were impacted. We pride ourselves on our uptime and deem any unplanned downtime as unacceptable.

No one at SiteSell has a cavalier attitude towards this and as Ken said, things like that just CAN'T happen. We are not passing it off nor are we indifferent towards it happening again. We are doing everything we can to ensure it does not recur.

-------

For those who don't know, here is what happened:

We have a long-standing relationship with a company that manages the physical location of our servers. They are a world class company with super security and a top-notch networking team. Routine router work was performed that was not supposed to have any effect on Sitesell . . . but it did. It was not a failing of our servers or equipment that caused the outage, it was a human's error.

After the incident, a transparent accounting, a sincere apology and instructions for reparation were posted in the SBI! forums.

Ken said:
"Naturally, when something goes wrong, after you've fixed it, make sure that it never happens again."

and
"Bottom line -- don't only fix the problem, improve how well you handled it, including how quickly you communicated it."
Daniel Kornitzer, CEO of SiteSell pointed out:
"during the 2.5 hrs of outage, our bandwidth usage dropped by only one-third. This means that two-thirds of the SBI! traffic still went on undisturbed (i.e. cached pages, cached IP addresses, etc)."
Ken added:
"That means, on average your site received 2/3 of the traffic that it would have anyway. . . While 2.5 hours is our longest outage ever, it brings the actual impact down to less than an hour."
However, while those facts may help offer some perspective in the matter, they are not intended as an excuse. Measures have been taken to rectify and prevent such a thing from occurring in the future. Those measures are openly posted in the SBI! forums.


Quote:
Firstly, when Ken says they haven't had any downtime for "years", is he forgetting the downtime that occurred just last year??
You have omitted a few words. What Ken actually said was:
"We have not had any type of outage, and certainly not an unplanned one, of anywhere this magnitude in many years."
Planned downtime has occurred in the past when servers were upgraded to accommodate future growth. They are announced in advance so folks can plan. Things like increased speed and improved performance make these planned outages worth the necessary hassle.

On the other hand, vicious folks worked hard at trying to bring down our servers last year but we recovered within minutes. It is impossible to be 100% secure against these types of attacks, but SiteSell made adjustments/improvements and further increased security.

----

In regards to the screenshot posted and this:

Quote:
Are they serious?? They KNOW their sites have gone down in the past, and yet they claim their sites are NEVER down??
Please realize that the message you received is an error message that displays when a temporary glitch has occurred (see the screenshot above). It means that you've encountered a process or a glitch that needs to be resolved.

Typically, things return to normal within a few minutes after encountering such a message and all moves along fine afterwards. Sometimes, things need to be reported to Support so a fix can be implemented.

But that does NOT mean that a site is down.

----

Let's take a look at the text of that error message as can be seen in the screen shot above.
"If you are an SBI! user, your site remains available -- SBI! sites never fail."
"Fail" = die, expire or cease to function. The message is a factual reassurance to people that their site is not lost and that all will be okay in a few moments. And it will, because all SBI! sites are kept in a data base they can be retrieved at any time. Even if the most unthinkable were to happen, an SBI! site can be brought back.

Our extensive database is part of what allows SiteSell to do what no other webhost in the world can do. Those terabytes of data allows us to analyze trends across tens of thousands of sites. We can glean information from across the Net about which others are only able to speculate. (And that's just one example.)

In contrast, other sites can be hacked and brought down. To demonstrate this, go to Google and type in a phrase like "i can't get my site back" or "i lost my site," etc. You will see this happens too frequently across the Net due to security issues, faulty platforms, etc.


SBI! is more unhackable than others due to the locked-out nature of our hosting. There's no FTP (Melissa, if you're still upset about that, I urge you to look up the article "The Why Behind no FTP" in the Tips and Techniques articles) and we don't have the security issues you might find with Wordpress and others.

----

To summarize:

There was downtime at SiteSell recently, much to our dismay. It turned out to be human error a type of error that is nearly impossible to foresee. However, we have worked to correct the situation doing everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Stacy Holmes
SiteSell Answers
http:// answers.sitesell.com
StacyHolmes is offline  
Unread 18th February 2013, 10:18 PM   #63
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Just a few quick observations about this ongoing thread. I'm in a hurry so I may pop back in a few days with more details...

1. It turns out that our friend Zacman is an SBI affiliate. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. But in a thread asking for customer experiences and opinion it is an accepted protocol, if not a rule, to let your affiliation be known so that prospective purchasers may give your posts the appropriate weight. I also think this little discovery might render a 'How SBI Changed My Life' post a little redundant, given that there is no shortage of such affiliate declarations. As for genuine customers publishing declarations of love for SBI, they have become somewhat scarce in recent years. To the point where SBI must pay for them in the form of competition prizes.

2. In response to the increasing outcry over SBI's ridiculously archaic, buggy, and feature-deprived email marketing tools, Ken promised an upgrade in the first quarter of 2013:

"The first quarter of 2013 will see an overhaul of MailOut Manger (using the BB2 engine and offering unlimited lists)"

Well, we guessed right. This was yet another empty promise made by Ken Evoy to put out yet another public fire, and within days of making this promise he published a 'road map' in which the overhaul has disappeared from the plan. That's how it works at SiteSell. Much like politics. Make the promises, then once you're elected change your story. This is consistent with advice others have given in this thread: Never base your decision to buy SBI on the promises Ken offers for the 'near future'. Most of Ken's promises are fly-by-night. They will suddenly disappear between the cracks, or turn up 3 years late in a form which is by then primitive.

3. As for this SBI marketing message: "If you are an SBI! user, your site remains available -- SBI! sites never fail.", we now find out that this message is only a lie if taken at face value, the way normal human beings would interpret it. The 'correct' interpretation is apparently something like this: if somebody trips over the power cord of SBI's main server, and pulls out all the network cables just to be sure, and your website disappears from the face of the Web, Ken has some Good News for you. It turns out your website did not fail!! That's right folks. Your website is still being stored in the form of electron configurations stored deep inside a machine somewhere, and even though nobody can visit your site, and your business will vanish for the duration of this episode, your site has not failed.

The online business world has not taken to calling Ken Evoy "Dr Spin" for nothing folks. It's almost becoming hilarious. If you can't succeed, just redefine 'success'!

4. It is now known with almost 100% certainty that SiteSell's claim to have over 40,000 customers is incorrect, despite being plastered all over the Web in their marketing materials, and being boasted unashamedly by their ever-withering affiliate base. Ken now claims that we are not entitled to know the correct figure (apparently forgetting THE LAW which requires marketing claims to be substantiated).

REMARK - I am impressed with the honesty of what is probably SBI's most important affiliate, Allan Gardyne, who at the start of this thread repeated Ken's claim of 40,000 customers. In the face of contrary evidence, he has invoked a little-known concept called 'integrity' and revised his figure to 30000+ domains. That figure is at least possible to substantiate, even though it far far less impressive than the original one (the frequency of multiple-domain customers would suggest that the number of customers might even be lower than 20,000). Perhaps SiteSell can take Allan as a role model.

BTW -- For anyone thinking this issue is being nit-picky, here's why it is most certainly not. For someone who takes their online business seriously, and who is thinking of investing thousands of hours over many years to build it, they need to know that they are locking themselves into a proprietary system that is falling like a lead balloon. 3rd-party services measure SiteSell's net losses at around 500-1000 domains per month (which, incidentally, Ken describes as 'horizontal sales').

Again, despite posting on the subject in a typical evasive, tap-dancing, Google-esque style, Ken refuses to tell the world his true customer-base, thereby leaving customers ignorant of the steep nosedive SiteSell has entered in the last 12 months at least.

And if Ken (aka Stacey) enters to comment on this one, be prepared to watch Dr Spin in full flight. Read his words carefully and see if he answers this question: "How many active customers does SiteSell have? And how exactly do you define an active customer?"

Seriously, he is even better than Google at answering a question without actually answering it. As you can see from Stacey's delightfully irrelevant post about how much downtime SiteSell has compared to other companies. That wasn't the issue. The issue was, why do you say SBI! sites never fail, when they provably do.

At least she answered that one I suppose. And her answer made my day :-)
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 18th February 2013, 11:12 PM   #64
Multima$tery
 
multimastery's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: US
Posts: 256
Thanks: 10
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Well I definitely agree that people can waste a lot of time fooling with SBI as apposed to other systems. I know I've wasted years there myself weeding through all the thick puffed up materials and doing things the slow tortoise way. I'm not saying they're totally garbage and have no knowledge to offer - but when the Internet is moving at the speed of light and they're moving slow as molasses then yes, they are stone age royal waste of time.

The final draw for me was about a year ago...

One of the "benefits" I paid for with SBI was to be able to participate in their private forum. And more than half the time when I had questions I never got an answer (or got useless responses from people who didn't have a clue what they were talking about). So I had to do a lot of digging and reading just to get their clunky outdated system to work many-a-days.

But what really pissed me off was when they censored me for including one of my wordpress sites in my sig in their private forum, that mind you I was paying to be a member of. Yes, here I was paying $300 a year and they kept deleting my sigs because I had Wordpress sites included in them. They are obvious intimidated by Wordpress, and I guess they didn't want my inclusion of Wordpress in my sig to influence others in their cult-like community.

So after going back & forth with them as to why they kept deleting my sigs, they gave me lame excuse after excuse, and finally a real lame excuse saying that it was because I have privacy protection on my domains and they couldnt verify that I owned the sites in my sig. Oh yeah I said, well funny that I had privacy protect on my SBI site too and that wasn't a prob so really what the issue? After all, it's not like privacy protect on a domain is something uncommon. And they just eventually couldn't give me a straight answer and just kept switching over to different "customer service" reps, for days!

I knew right then & there that SBI was on some BS and it really surprised me that a company that I once believed in was that intimidated (or intimidated at all) by a competitor - Wordpress. Sad.

When I told them I wanted to cancel my membership for good and leave for good, they sure as heck made me jump through hella hoops. After being a customer of theirs for years, they wanted me to go overboard to prove that my SBI site/membership I wanted to cancel was in fact mine. They made me go through the hassle of digging up multiple original receipts, original payment info, tracking numbers and everything they could think of just to make it extremely difficult for me to just leave after all this nonsense. Had I not saved all my emails from years back, it would have probably taken a court order for me to to cancel that darn SBI! ...and that's no joke.

I will never ever use SBI again - and I Do Not recommend that anyone waste their precious time fooling with them. There are so much more advanced systems to earn money and build a solid business. Even they know it themselves, which is why they are so intimidated by the growth, ease-of-use, and popularity of Wordpress and other systems.

SCREW SBI!!!
multimastery is offline  
Unread 19th February 2013, 07:18 AM   #65
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Zacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 15
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven Key View Post
Just a few quick observations about this ongoing thread. I'm in a hurry so I may pop back in a few days with more details...

1. It turns out that our friend Zacman is an SBI affiliate. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. But in a thread asking for customer experiences and opinion it is an accepted protocol, if not a rule, to let your affiliation be known so that prospective purchasers may give your posts the appropriate weight. I also think this little discovery might render a 'How SBI Changed My Life' post a little redundant, given that there is no shortage of such affiliate declarations.
Oven Key, you must not have much of a life....LOL

I've made it clear I'm an SBI website owner. All SBIers can be affiliates. I earn my income from my site, not from being an affiliate. Now if being an affiliate was a major or significant part of my income, I would have declared that.

And quite frankly, how exactly do you know I'm an affiliate? What did you do some searches? Why didn't you disclose your source for making this claim?

Look dude or dudess, I've shared my experience with SBI since that is what the OP was asking.

I've not posted back here, since I personally think some of you are simply trolls with an agenda, and frankly nothing better to do.

In the future, if you want to make claims about me, please disclose your source and make sure you have your facts correct.

Last edited by Zacman; 19th February 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo
Zacman is offline  
Unread 19th February 2013, 01:46 PM   #66
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Just a couple of items of substantiation requested of me...

1. Zac -- I believe this is your website, yes? Internet Marketing & Free Advertising Resource Center
If not, my apologies, but you have to admit the photo in the top left bears an uncanny resemblance to you if I am wrong. The Alexa rank of your site is around 3.6 million at the time of writing this post, although it's possible I just caught you on a bad day ;-)

2. As for my claim that SiteSell is losing 500-1000 domains a month, the attached image shows a typical day in the life of this company. A net loss of 20 domains, although it is often higher than that....
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??-sitesell-transfers-20130218.jpg  

Last edited by Oven Key; 19th February 2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Attachment didn't seem to hold
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 19th February 2013, 01:51 PM   #67
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Zacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 89
Thanks: 15
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I have had over 50 sites. Most of them not SBI.

I've not done a thing with that old site for well over a year. Just too busy with other projects etc.

You sure have a lot of time on your hands.....I do find it odd you have only a handful of posts, and nearly everyone here....

Why don't you add value to the rest of this forum? Just a thought.
Zacman is offline  
Unread 19th February 2013, 02:12 PM   #68
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Zac dear boy,

You asked me this question...

Quote:
And quite frankly, how exactly do you know I'm an affiliate? What did you do some searches? Why didn't you disclose your source for making this claim?
Which I promptly answered, with this response...

Quote:
I believe this is your website, yes? Internet Marketing & Free Advertising Resource Center. If not, my apologies, but you have to admit the photo in the top left bears an uncanny resemblance to you if I am wrong.
It's a bit rude to suggest I don't have a life for taking the time to respond to requests like this.

Also, I think you underestimate the importance and positive impact of this thread. It has the potential to save a lot of people a great deal of time and money.
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 20th February 2013, 10:48 AM   #69
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I cannot warn you enough not to go anywhere near the weird, creepy SBI clan.

Rather than get into exactly why, and spend half of my day doing so, I'll invite you to read these reviews and their comments below, all by ex-SBI users, written more comprehensively than I could:

Site Build It Scam? A Site Build It Review From A Former Customer

Why I Moved My SBI Site - Joe Trent

Seems SBI and Ken Evoy are on the Google War Path Sheseo

BTW, the guy above, Zac writes suspiciously like Ken Evoy himself. He does that weird 'SIDEBAR' in the middle of his posts, just like Evoy himself. Creepy.

The only way anyone makes money from SBI is by lying about their earnings and promoting the affiliate program. It's just another pyramid.

Business-building, LOL. Not a shred of business is built with your SBI sites, just some bizarre looking, time-consuming, unreliable info sites that depend on the next Google algorithm to stay alive. Is that how you wanna keep up your mortgage payments?
MattC is offline  
Unread 20th February 2013, 05:42 PM   #70
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

EVEN SBI's MOST SUCCESSFUL CASE STUDY HAS MIGRATED TO WORDPRESS!!!

With all of Ken's "SBI is better than WordPress" nonsense, I was flabbergasted recently to find that SiteSell's most important customer and case study (Elad from that coolest-parties family of websites), is now using WordPress.

The trouble is, nobody seems to understand exactly how. You see, Ken Evoy forbids your website from using another CMS, despite constant protestations. You can plug a 3rd party WP blog into your SBI site if you like, but you cannot use WP as the CMS for the site itself.

But take a look at this example of Elad's most successful site (Coolest Kid Birthday Party Ideas), which SBI uses to promote itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this domain is hosted by GoDaddy...

http.com Whois - http - Who.is

and using WordPress as its CMS...

http://media.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/wp-content/themes/cakes/js/custom-www.js

I don't know much about hosting tricks, but does anybody know how it is possible for SBI's most hailed customer to claim to be using SBI while doing almost all the work using WP and GoDaddy??

Seriously confusing.

Oh well, I'm sure that Stacey lady will enlighten us soon enough with an explanation from the pen of Dr Spin.

Last edited by Oven Key; 20th February 2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Changed grammar from 'is using' to 'has migrated to' and 'site' to 'domain'
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 20th February 2013, 06:56 PM   #71
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven Key View Post
EVEN SBI's MOST SUCCESSFUL CASE STUDY HAS MIGRATED TO WORDPRESS!!!
Dear Oven Key,

After reading your posts in here it is pretty obvious to everyone that you have an agenda against SBI.

Otherwise, why would you have a brand new forum account that does nothing but criticize SBI in all of its posts? Hmm...

Also, yes some SBI users eventually switch out of SBI. That is only natural because SBI markets itself to internet newbies who are just starting out. Even Ken Evoy (founder of SBI) says that you should consider moving away from SBI once you are more experienced and successful.

You seem to miss the point that Elad built himself a hugely successful online business with SBI, and only once it was very successful did he transfer away from SBI.

I use SBI personally and I would suggest their methods to almost anyone who is brand new to IM. Their system provides a solid SEO educational foundation, a platform that is beginner-friendly, and a method for creating strong-performing authority websites that can bring in passive income in the long-term. I was just reading a thread in the SBI forums where one woman posted about her SBI site that gets almost 200,000 unique visitors a month, which turns handily into sales of her products. To see the success that people like her and Elad have had with SBI makes it obvious that it is a platform that can work well if you put the work into it that is necessary for any business.

SBI has strengths and weaknesses but you are not doing it justice by only pointing out contrived weaknesses like "this one popular guy left SBI" when clearly many hundreds and thousands more customers have joined SBI over the years.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 20th February 2013, 09:04 PM   #72
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Hi Curtis,
RE this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis2011 View Post
Also, yes some SBI users eventually switch out of SBI. That is only natural because SBI markets itself to internet newbies who are just starting out. Even Ken Evoy (founder of SBI) says that you should consider moving away from SBI once you are more experienced and successful.
Yes, exactly! I only have time right now to quote a discussion in another forum about this very issue...

"SBI claims to be an all-in-one ebusiness development service. The fortunate few who do actually make the transition from hobby-site to genuine ebusiness (often in spite of, rather than because of SBI) complain time and time again that SBI won’t/can’t provide the features or reliability they need to support their business.

When they leave, Ken (and now yourself, it seems) paint a picture of a bird outgrowing its nest. Nonsense. They are paying expensive hosting precisely because SBI claims they are all about building and supporting successful online businesses.

The truth is, SBI can’t handle genuinely successful businesses. That’s why the people who get there (most of whom have the sort of make-up to succeed just about anywhere) have to undertake a massive and expensive migration effort to get the support they thought they were already paying for!

Indeed, several people complained over the years that it is almost as if SBI prefers successful sites to leave, as they can’t afford the time and/or resources to support them (not to mention their outright incompetence in this arena)."

Read more: Site Build It Scam? A Site Build It Review From A Former Customer

This and your other points make it clear why Ken no longer likes his followers responding in outside forums as they say stuff that actually does him more damage than good.

Last edited by Oven Key; 20th February 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 21st February 2013, 10:34 AM   #73
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis2011 View Post
Dear Oven Key,

After reading your posts in here it is pretty obvious to everyone that you have an agenda against SBI.

Otherwise, why would you have a brand new forum account that does nothing but criticize SBI in all of its posts? Hmm...

Also, yes some SBI users eventually switch out of SBI. That is only natural because SBI markets itself to internet newbies who are just starting out. Even Ken Evoy (founder of SBI) says that you should consider moving away from SBI once you are more experienced and successful.

You seem to miss the point that Elad built himself a hugely successful online business with SBI, and only once it was very successful did he transfer away from SBI.

I use SBI personally and I would suggest their methods to almost anyone who is brand new to IM. Their system provides a solid SEO educational foundation, a platform that is beginner-friendly, and a method for creating strong-performing authority websites that can bring in passive income in the long-term. I was just reading a thread in the SBI forums where one woman posted about her SBI site that gets almost 200,000 unique visitors a month, which turns handily into sales of her products. To see the success that people like her and Elad have had with SBI makes it obvious that it is a platform that can work well if you put the work into it that is necessary for any business.

SBI has strengths and weaknesses but you are not doing it justice by only pointing out contrived weaknesses like "this one popular guy left SBI" when clearly many hundreds and thousands more customers have joined SBI over the years.
It's always the same story when this topic comes up.

The SBI rapid response navy seals come onto the forums and attack anyone who dares say a word against the cult.

Yes a couple of people have done well and kudos to that.

But most people do not do anywhere near that well Curtis, and I'm sure you know it. I'm talking about the vast overwhelming majority.

I've seen your name before, cropping up in comments on SBI reviews elsewhere.

Quoting someone apparently successful on the SBI forums which nobody here can access doesn't prove anything either.

SBI has its weaknesses like anything does, but there are just too many and the main one is just that SEO is not a business model anymore. It would be great if it was but the last SE updates of 2012 basically put the nail in the coffin of relying on SEO.

Yes SEO can bring nice free traffic but you should never rely on it.

And you can learn some SEO from SBI but at that price? Just look on the SEO forum here for free instead.

Extra info:
My older sites were started with SBI and linked to plenty of other SBI sites in their link exchange program. Nearly every week a new broken link is detected from these sites to other SBI sites, because those poor site owners are just giving up after years of being told by Evoy and co to persist and get over the hump, tortoise and all that. Of course, it never works, but Evoy keeps getting paid, on his island.
MattC is offline  
Unread 21st February 2013, 01:28 PM   #74
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven Key View Post
The truth is, SBI can’t handle genuinely successful businesses. That’s why the people who get there (most of whom have the sort of make-up to succeed just about anywhere) have to undertake a massive and expensive migration effort to get the support they thought they were already paying for!
That is not really correct, because the successful businesses that leave SBI were built with SBI to begin with.

Usually the super successful people who leave SBI say something like "I want to add a big forum to my website" or "I want to add [whatever] technology" that SBI does not support.

While SBI is not as versatile as regular web hosting, it still offers everything you need to be successful, it is just harder to make your website more complex with things like forums or widgets that SBI doesn't really support. But higher complexity is hardly necessary to fulfill the authority website business model that SBI teaches in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven Key View Post
Indeed, several people complained over the years that it is almost as if SBI prefers successful sites to leave, as they can’t afford the time and/or resources to support them (not to mention their outright incompetence in this arena)."
This may be true, since once someone reaches the level of hundreds of thousands of visitors per month, they are probably taking more bandwidth and CPU resources from SBI than they are actually paying for. Regardless, like I said, nobody forces people to leave SBI once their SBI website is successful. People leave because they want to make their websites more complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
It's always the same story when this topic comes up.

The SBI rapid response navy seals come onto the forums and attack anyone who dares say a word against the cult.
Just FYI, I am not paid by SBI. I don't even sell it as an affiliate on my SBI site. I am just a regular Warrior Forum user who happens to own SBI and be satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
But most people do not do anywhere near that well Curtis, and I'm sure you know it. I'm talking about the vast overwhelming majority.
I don't think you know what you are talking about. There are thousands of satisfied SBI customers who would disagree with you.

Also, do you really think that the overwhelming majority of people succeed in any type of internet marketing? Or any type of business at all?

The failure rate for small businesses in the US is something like 96% during the first 10 years of operation.

I have a feeling that, due to low startup costs which allows business noobies to start a website online for cheap, that the average "internet marketer" probably has a failure rate 10x the failure rate of normal small businesses.

Obviously not every SBI'er is going to succeed. But not every Wordpress user is going to succeed either. I would guess that the percentage of SBI'ers who make a profit from their websites is much higher than the percentage of average joe's who start a Wordpress blog hoping to make money from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
SBI has its weaknesses like anything does, but there are just too many and the main one is just that SEO is not a business model anymore. It would be great if it was but the last SE updates of 2012 basically put the nail in the coffin of relying on SEO.

Yes SEO can bring nice free traffic but you should never rely on it.
Lol. SEO not a business model? Please tell me more about how search engine traffic no longer exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
Yes SEO can bring nice free traffic but you should never rely on it.
It is true that SEO traffic can be unreliable. SBI would do well to teach more about list building with the traffic that comes to SBI sites. But then again, list-building is not the business model that SBI markets itself as. They teach an authority website model that is better than any other I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
And you can learn some SEO from SBI but at that price? Just look on the SEO forum here for free instead.
Lol. In case you didn't notice, the Warrior Forum is the laughing stock of the internet marketing community, due to the vast number of noobs who post here with no knowledge of anything. The worst part is that tons of those same noobs sell WSO's and other products here that are just 100% filled with BS that they've never used themselves to be successful.

If a total noob came here and only used the knowledge they learn from WF to be successful, they wouldn't know left from right after a year of failing at internet marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
Extra info:
My older sites were started with SBI and linked to plenty of other SBI sites in their link exchange program. Nearly every week a new broken link is detected from these sites to other SBI sites
Yes, I have experienced this too. But SBI-traded links that last for 12 months are better than no links, and they are definitely better than something like auto-blasted forum spam links that will get your site penalized by Google. Even "safe" links like private blog network links have started to fall before the Google update behemoth.

If you have used a better way to get legitimate non-paid links from actual authority websites, I would love to hear it.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 21st February 2013, 06:30 PM   #75
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 414
Thanks: 24
Thanked 47 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

SBI might not be the right solution long term for a lot of folks, but for most newbies, it's far better to invest a year or two there and actually get a clue about building websites that earn rather than pay attention to the get rich yesterday crowd and technique of the moment. How are those four slice toaster sites working for you?
WareTime is offline  
Unread 22nd February 2013, 06:32 AM   #76
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Curtis, if I remember rightly, you are swimming pool robots website guy who came blazing onto reviews done a couple of years ago. Either that or half of the SBI rapid response navy seals are called Curtis.

Or maybe not. If you're doing well with SBI, come out and tell us about your sites. How about these thousands of people you know about?

If you're not working for SBI, how do you know there are thousands of hugely successful people there? We'd love to see their sites.

And if the Warriorforum is such a joke and the laughing stock of the internet, then why are you here with 241 posts to your name?

Anyone would think you were paid to masquerade as a real guy on forums by SBI. Oh...hold on.

On the topic, I do remember the guys on SBI forums who they pay to pretend to be regular customers and masquerade on the forums outing 'haters' and deleting any non-pro-SBI comments.

And Curtis...if you think SEO is a secure business model, hey go ahead and use it. I'm not stopping you. Good luck.

That was a cause of another storm on their forums last year, the discovery that half of the cheerleaders in their forums are actually SBI employees in disguise!

But don't take it from me, just read the links to reviews that I posted above. Like I said, they are give far more information than people posting here have time to.
MattC is offline  
Unread 22nd February 2013, 12:23 PM   #77
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
Curtis, if I remember rightly, you are swimming pool robots website guy who came blazing onto reviews done a couple of years ago. Either that or half of the SBI rapid response navy seals are called Curtis.
Eh what? Who is swimming pool robots guy? Could you clarify what you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
If you're not working for SBI, how do you know there are thousands of hugely successful people there? We'd love to see their sites
I know this from performance statistics that Ken Evoy has shared within the SBI forums.

Also, I said there are thousands of satisfied customers, not 'hugely successful' which is your own wording. Nobody knows just how successful they all are except themselves and the SBI team who can see their website stats. However, since SBI is a recurring fee program, and SBI has thousands of repeat customers, I assume that the people who keep renewing their websites year after year are satisfied. Who keeps paying for a service that is not at least satisfying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
And if the Warriorforum is such a joke and the laughing stock of the internet, then why are you here with 241 posts to your name?
Once in awhile you will find a diamond in this cesspool of IM filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
On the topic, I do remember the guys on SBI forums who they pay to pretend to be regular customers and masquerade on the forums outing 'haters' and deleting any non-pro-SBI comments.
I don't know what this is about. Are you talking about the moderators on the SBI forums whose names are highlighted so you know that they are moderators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
That was a cause of another storm on their forums last year, the discovery that half of the cheerleaders in their forums are actually SBI employees in disguise!
I don't remember this and I have used their forums on and off for a few years now.

Some of the forum users are SBI employees but they all have their names highlighted in color so you know who they are.

I assume you are talking about one of the rant threads in the "complaints" forum section. Every so often someone will start a big rant about how evil SBI is before they ask for a refund. Kind of like some of the people in this thread.

Final comment: With a thread full of people who take time out of their day to rant negatively about a product and/or service, is it really so hard to believe that people who are satisfied with that product will also take time out of their day to write a positive review and/or rebuttal to the negative rants?

For some reason everyone seems to assume that the critics of SBI are all 100% honest people who have genuine complaints (despite many critics not even having used the program themselves), whereas every person who has positive things to say about the program must be a paid shill.

I wish I was paid by SBI to post here. Maybe I should contact them and offer my posting services
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 22nd February 2013, 05:12 PM   #78
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

So..where's your successful SBI website then?
Oh...
MattC is offline  
Unread 23rd February 2013, 03:58 AM   #79
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC View Post
So..where's your successful SBI website then?
Oh...
Lol. No thanks, I am not going to share it on here. One of the first rules of internet marketing that you learn while you are becoming successful is to never give out too much information about your successful website or business strategy. The big names can afford to do this but only because talking about their success is how they get people to buy their "how to be successful" products with even higher price tags. But small time players like me aren't afforded that luxury because I don't sell any "how to be successful in IM" products, at least not yet.

You see this all the time on Flippa, as many people have commented in multiple places: They put a successful website up for sale there. Then, within 30 days there are up to dozens of exact copies of that website that suddenly appear in the SERPs for the same exact keywords.

This happens because on Flippa, you have to give out a lot of information about your site in order to make a sale. But giving out that information means that basically anyone with half a brain can reverse-engineer your site with about 10x less effort than it took you to build your website originally. They are essentially stealing profits from your business in an entirely legal way by just copying what you have done.

If you want to see a real example of what I am talking about, just Google "wedding favors" and look at the top results. The website Unique Wedding Favors - Stylish Wedding Favors at Affordable Prices was a hugely successful website that was built by (I believe) one of the guys who made Stompernet.

The guy eventually came out into the public when he started teaching SEO and he talked about how successful his wedding favors website has been (ranked #1 for "wedding favors" for years now).

Something I noticed back then was that as soon as he started talking about its success, pretty much every website that was listed for "wedding favors" started to look exactly like his website. They copied the general layouts and design, and content, and everything. The copycats reverse-engineered his website and thus were able to rank on the first page of Google for the term, right under his website. I am certain that these copycats have probably cost him a lot of money in lost revenue that he would have garnered had he never gone into the SEO world and started talking about how much money his website made him.

Just for reference, this is why "trade secrets" exist in the real world too, because not all of a company's profits can be protected with copyright law or patents. There is a reason that Coca-cola doesn't give out its soda formula: because everyone in the business would make an exact copy of it and steal market share.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 23rd February 2013, 07:54 AM   #80
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 315
Thanks: 5
Thanked 97 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

sbi is for noobs plain and simple, if you're scared and don't like to read and learn on forums and love to spend $300yearly for that assurance go ahead. i mean really that's what they're providing you, a security blanket, too bad the blanket is old and tattered.
Lanx is offline  
Unread 23rd February 2013, 11:36 AM   #81
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
sbi is for noobs plain and simple, if you're scared and don't like to read and learn on forums and love to spend $300yearly for that assurance go ahead. i mean really that's what they're providing you, a security blanket, too bad the blanket is old and tattered.
Lol. You say "SBI is for noobs" as if it is an insult.

It is a course for beginners. So... duh? Of course it is for noobs.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 23rd February 2013, 12:27 PM   #82
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 315
Thanks: 5
Thanked 97 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

yea, if you're a noob, you want a security blanket and you have 300bucks to throw away, then sbi is for you. everyone who starts out at anything is a noob, if however you want to learn by messing up, reading forums and saving 300bucks stay away from sbi.
Lanx is offline  
Unread 23rd February 2013, 02:05 PM   #83
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
yea, if you're a noob, you want a security blanket and you have 300bucks to throw away, then sbi is for you. everyone who starts out at anything is a noob, if however you want to learn by messing up, reading forums and saving 300bucks stay away from sbi.
Lol. My SBI site, which I built the majority of a few years ago, still makes me thousands of dollars per year and I barely touch it nowadays.

So whenever I see comments like this, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 10:22 AM   #84
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 80
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Hi Folks,

It gets tiring when the same group of anti-SBIers just keeps going around on the same old things. They pop up here, then in a long comment thread in a blog over there, then elsewhere, and then back over here. It is like watching the movie, "Groundhog Day."

Their main goal? To convince you not to buy SBI!. Failing that, to create confusion and procrastination.

However, there does seem to be a hot new "SBI! must be dying" post that has been making the rounds of the anti-SBI! people, including here. This one is about Elad Shippony, a successful SBIer who built up his traffic to 2 MILLION visitors per day using SBI!.

Oven Key posted to this thread with the subject "EVEN SBI's MOST SUCCESSFUL CASE STUDY HAS MIGRATED TO WORDPRESS!!!"

Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

In fact, we do recommend using WordPress for those SBIers who want to add a blog to their SBI! site. But Elad is doing something far more sophisticated than that. Here's how Elad describes it: Ten Years Later, SBI! is More Powerful Than Ever! - Coolest Birthday Cakes

Elad grew his business so much that he needed to add his own custom programming. That's it. Knowing this group, there will be several distractions away from that 2,000,000 number. We won't be going down this Road to Confusion anymore.

The strategy of this SBI!-bashing gang is to confuse people who are considering a purchase of SBI!. Endless debate achieves that. And with this group, the debate never ends.

So to Oven Key, princessleia, effervescent and the rest of the group who coordinate here and in other blogs and forums, please proceed to pick-pick-pick at whatever you like while I distill what is going on here for those who are trying to make a decision:

To anyone considering SBI!, please know that there is a small cabal of people who are determined to damage our reputation and business. They are:

- A few are disgruntled ex-SBIers, like the only SBI! owner who was fired by SiteSell in 2012 for disrupting the SBI! Forums beyond all reason (SBIers were near-unanimously delighted by that action). Well, now he is on an obsessive crusade. Truth be told, we'd prefer to have it this way than have him still bothering what is a positive, help-and-be-helped environment. His case was extreme.

- Some have launched tirades over a moderator's decision based on our Forum Guidelines. After a few short-fused rants, they get stuck in a pattern and leave in a huff. Somehow, the majority who love the structure, organization and atmosphere of the SBI! Forums are the ones in the wrong, according to them.

- Some earn income by selling WordPress products or services, or are affiliates for products that you need, in order to add functionality to WordPress. They get upset by our comparisons to WordPress.

- Some seem to instinctively feel that a friendly set of forums, where most people truly love SBI! must be "zombieland."

The hypocritical oddity is that the response of this group to anyone who presents any view that opposes anything they say is met with vehement cult-like behavior as a standard discrediting technique.

Whatever the origin of anti-SBIer may be, there is always some sort of ulterior motive to cut us down with lies, distortions, gross exaggerations, out-of-context quotes, and so forth. They are the "same old hits" that we have rebutted before, perhaps dressed up with a twist here and there.

Answering these hits leads down the same road that ends up at the desired destination of "Confused Readers." That is why we will be copying-and-pasting this standard reply from now on.

To anyone who is reading this in search of real information:

Please realize that THE GOAL OF THESE ANTI-SBIers IS TO STOP YOU FROM PURCHASING SBI!. But they don't know your particular circumstances, so they cannot possibly have your best interest at heart. My objective is for SBI! to get a fair hearing so that you may decide to try it. That is impossible here.

So please allow me to distill all this down to a simple set of choices for you. Despite what this small group of people say about SBI!, tens of thousands of people love it. You can fairly conclude, therefore, that SBI! MIGHT be the right option for you, too.

To escape the noise, choose the most applicable option for you from this fair, impartial set of options:

1) If you are already successful with WordPress, you do not need SBI!. Well done. We never claim that it is impossible to succeed with WordPress.

2) If you are just starting out with the idea of building your own online business, you will have more difficulties with WordPress. You also start with a lower chance of success.

If you doubt that, try both at the same time and see for yourself, side-by-side. Then simply compare what comes with SBI! vs what comes with WordPress.

To start with SBI!, go to Site Build It! Order Page (choose the monthly option of $29.99). To start with WordPress, pick a web host. This is your first WordPress decision, one that you don't have to make with SBI!.

Which web host will you pick? For many people, it will the web host "recommended" by the last affiliate you visit. SBI! comes with webhosting. No decision to make.

Once you are set up with both products, continue comparing SBI! and WordPress from there. Work each for a period of time until you are sure which approach is right for you. Stick with the one you prefer.

If you prefer WordPress, ask us for a refund. If you prefer SBI!, ask the web host for a refund. Compare Guarantee policies...

SBI!'s 90-day Guarantee The 90 Day Guarantee

Bluehost Refund 30-DAY Policy (Clause 3) BLUEHOST.COM TERMS OF SERVICE - Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com (chosen as a sample)

GoDaddy (could not find an official policy, but you can find many confusing threads)

That's it. Avoid all this noise and just decide for yourself.

3) If you have failed more than once with WordPress, try SBI! before giving up on the idea of starting your own e-business. Many SBI! owners have been in your shoes and have gone on to build profitable online businesses.

4) If you have failed with SBI! more than once, try WordPress.

We are not pretending that SBI! is for everyone. The above presents a fair, impartial approach that eliminates the chorus of lies and techniques designed to steer you wrong.

I hope this helps future readers of the thread.

Stacy Holmes
SiteSell Answers
http:// answers.sitesell.com
StacyHolmes is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 12:14 PM   #85
Blogsmith
War Room Member
 
Rajul kaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 683
Thanks: 67
Thanked 82 Times in 68 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I really feel bad when SBI is criticised. It is in fact the finest routes ever, one can go on to learn and practice internet marketing. I completely owe my IM knowledge to SBI and I use it in my business all the time.

While there are plenty of affiliate marketing guides, tutorials etc but what SBI teaches is far superior in quality. Enrolling in SBI is like pursuing MBA in online marketing from any top notch business school. It's that feeling I get as someone who has been a SBIer.

I believe in constructive criticism and completely support what Stacy mentions above.

Thank you, Ken Evoy and thank you Stacy Holmes. Keep it up. Ethical business practitioners would always stand behind you.
Rajul kaushik is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 01:17 PM   #86
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: near Amsterdam
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I’ve got WP sites (lots) and sbi sites.
For small sites I do use WP. For big authority sites sbi.
Most money is made by the sbi sites.
jeanmorp is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 02:14 PM   #87
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default JUST A FEW OF STACY'S PORKIES...

Stacy,

It is A LIE that SBI has 40,000+ customers
It is A LIE that "SBI! sites never fail."
It is A LIE that Elad uses SBI as his main platform
It is A LIE that Elad gets 2 million visitors per day
It is A LIE that SBI will upgrade Mailout Manager in this quarter
It is A LIE that SBI is developing basic Save functionality

Just a handful of your/Ken's lies from this thread.

Your idea of posting a 'form response' from now is probably a good one. At least the number of lies won't increase then.

Last edited by Oven Key; 24th February 2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Left out 'never fail'
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 04:28 PM   #88
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 57
Thanks: 24
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Awwww, shucks, this is such a fun thread, I just couldn't resist getting in on the action, especially after reading Stacy's frantic defense of SBI.

I used SBI for three years, so I know the product well. I hated the product. It was very clunky and inefficient, and frankly, I breathed a huge sigh of relief once I had my site migrated to WordPress in December 2011, and finally felt like my site had joined the current decade. (To say that SiteSell sites are outdated is an understatement.) (Incidentally, my first month away from SBI, my pageviews increased almost 250%, from 278,124 my last month with SBI, to 676,129 my first month on WordPress.)

But honestly, I would have gone away quietly had it not been for a post I saw on the SBI Facebook page where one ridiculously idiotic SBI talking head named Aaron compared SBI to WordPress, and literally made up so much nonsense about WordPress in order to make SBI look good....AND to scare people into staying away from WordPress and to make them believe that their only option was SBI.

So I think it's pretty funny when SBI employees like Stacy talk about how the anti-SBI group only wants to scare people and bring confusion, when in fact...

That's the exact tactic used by SBI repeatedly, on their Facebook page, on their marketing pages, in forums, etc.

After I joined in on that Facebook post, stating actual, REAL facts about WordPress, they deemed that I was hostile and banned me.

That's when my war with SBI began, and that's when I really started taking a good, close look at their marketing pages.

What I found was that their marketing pages are literally filled with loads of empty promises, highly misleading information, and outright lies. I thoroughly evaluated (in excruciating detail), the "100s of successful sites", the numbers that they use showing how SBI sites are more successful than WordPress sites (this is one of their most devious marketing pages on their site), and I also evaluated those "hugely successful" sites that they like to parade around.

All of this information can be found thoroughly documented on my website, Addicted 2 Decorating. If you want an easy way to find it, just Google "SBI scam". I've been sitting right there at the #1 spot for several months now....on my WordPress site...ahead of Ken's "rebuttal" page.

The bottom line is that SBI has been steadily losing customers for the past year, because people are finally fed up, realizing that the system is completely outdated and doesn't work any longer in today's internet environment.

Of the 366 days in 2012, SBI had a net loss of domains registered on their servers on 297 of those days. That's a net loss during 81% of the year.

Would a highly successful business that delivers on its promises of providing life-changing, successful online businesses be hemorrhaging customers like that? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

During the first 41 days of 2012, SBI had a net loss of domains registered on their servers on 39 of those days.

Again, does that say "successful" to any of you? Ha!

Even during December, when SBI has their annual "buy one get one free" sale, where you can give your free site to another person, SBI had a net loss of domains on 27 of the 31 days. Heck, they can't even get ahead by giving away the product anymore!!

So Ken and his minions can make up whatever information they want to. The fact is that the numbers aren't in their favor, and certainly don't support their claims of SBI being an amazing tool that helps people build successful online businesses.

You can read my complete review here.

Stacy and others want to make it seem like those of us claiming that "SBI must be dying" are pulling stuff out of thin air, or like we're just crazy people with an axe to grind against Sitesell, when in fact, I personally am getting my information directly from the actual numbers of gains and losses of domains.

According to the actual numbers, SBI is a sinking ship. If any of you want to crawl aboard, that's definitely your decision. But I'm pretty sure that anyone actually serious about building a successful online business (and capable of doing so) will be smart enough to see the bright flashing red warning signs.
A2DKristi is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 04:56 PM   #89
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 57
Thanks: 24
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

FYI ... I just checked the numbers for this month (February 2013), and Sitesell has had a net loss of domains registered on their servers literally every single day so far this month.

24 out of 24 days -- net loss of domains (i.e., customers).

Sinking ship.
A2DKristi is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 05:00 PM   #90
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 781
Thanks: 342
Thanked 132 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: JUST A FEW OF STACY'S PORKIES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven Key View Post
Stacy,

It is A LIE that SBI has 40,000+ customers
It is A LIE that "SBI! sites never fail."
It is A LIE that Elad uses SBI as his main platform
It is A LIE that Elad gets 2 million visitors per day
It is A LIE that SBI will upgrade Mailout Manager in this quarter
It is A LIE that SBI is developing basic Save functionality

Just a handful of your/Ken's lies from this thread.

Your idea of posting a 'form response' from now is probably a good one. At least the number of lies won't increase then.
Serious question dude: How do you have any idea how many customers SBI has, or how many visitors Elad's websites get?

Those are things that only SBI and Elad could know, respectively, since SBI is (as far as I know) a privately owned business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DKristi View Post
Of the 366 days in 2012, SBI had a net loss of domains registered on their servers on 297 of those days. That's a net loss during 81% of the year.

Would a highly successful business that delivers on its promises of providing life-changing, successful online businesses be hemorrhaging customers like that? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

During the first 41 days of 2012, SBI had a net loss of domains registered on their servers on 39 of those days.

Again, does that say "successful" to any of you? Ha!
I appreciate the fact that at least you used SBI before criticizing it. Fair enough.

But seriously, "net loss of domains registered during [x] days" has to be one of the most convoluted statistics I've ever seen someone pull out of their ass in order to back up an argument.

I bet if you counted the number of domains that had Wordpress installed and then expired because the site owner didn't make any money, it would be in the hundreds of thousands per year.
Curtis2011 is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 05:12 PM   #91
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 315
Thanks: 5
Thanked 97 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyHolmes View Post
The strategy of this SBI!-bashing gang is to confuse people who are considering a purchase of SBI!. Endless debate achieves that. And with this group, the debate never ends.

So to Oven Key, princessleia, effervescent and the rest of the group who coordinate here and in other blogs and forums, please proceed to pick-pick-pick at whatever you like
oh this spinster is providing really good popcorn material.
does anyone read into the crazy? ok i kid, i'm sure in her mind it's not crazy, cuz she's a spinster, she's a rep for the company and she has to "deal" with ppl everyday, and when it feels like "us against them" i guess that's the attitude she has to take to go on.

look i'm pretty sure these ppl are not "coordinating", most of them are new accounts to WF even, why? they probably typed in "sbi sucks" and found the wf and want to "warn" ppl about sbi.

Not because they're malicious but b/c they really want to give their opinion and bad experience so that others do not suffer the same fate as them. Maybe... after crossing paths with other spinsters like yourself, or maybe your the only one, i don't know, i don't care, they have "evolved" their warnings/complaints into a crusade... now you (or your other spinster bretheran) have fueled the fire, you gave them a purpose.

you're paid to protect your product, you have to spin it a nice way, hey i get that, it's your job, go earn your paycheck.

i don't it helps however, when you claim that ppl are conspiring together to "go get sbi", kinda nutty sounding.

i mean i did a few searches, cuz of this popcorn material and there's a lady with some decorating blog who just doesn't like sbi, in her first paragraph she has to dispell that she has an alterior motive to voicing her opinion on sbi, and you can tell she really don't know much if anything about internet marketing/affiliate stuff like that (you can tell cuz she even questions why affiliates use the keyword sbi scam, to us it's easy, that's a simple/buying keyword to rank for).

i don't want this thread to die... i have a nice big bowl of popcorn popped, oh it's air popped btw, and i use a spray olive oil so that my seasonings and salt can stick to it without dripping on pints of butter, post away, let the "conspirators" unite.

*edit*
no seriously it's coincidence that the lady i talked about apparently posted right above me! i had multiple windows opened and posting heh. (no conspiracy here i promise!)

Last edited by Lanx; 24th February 2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: coincidence
Lanx is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 06:31 PM   #92
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 57
Thanks: 24
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Curtis, the fact that you don't see any relevance in SBI's drastic loss of customers over the majority of 2012 would make me (and anyone else with any reasonable amount of intelligence) call into question your reasoning ability, as well as everything you say.

Sitesell had a net loss of customers (meaning that the number of losses of domains on those days were higher than their number of sales) on 297 out of 366 days in 2012, and so far in 2013, they've had a net loss of domains on 53 out of 55 days.

Anyone who thinks that's insignificant probably doesn't have the business sense to create any kind of successful business, much less a thriving online business. So yeah...SBI is perfect for you.

And here's the difference between WordPress and SBI...

WordPress makes no promises. SBI makes promises that it doesn't (and can't) keep -- promises of "life-changing, thriving online businesses".

So when a company makes promises like that in its marketing pages, and then obviously doesn't keep those promises (obvious by the fact that they're losing customers daily, and have been for well over a year now), that's NOT insignificant.

And by the way, yes, anyone can go to dailychanges.com and see how many domains are registered on Sitesell's servers. I viewed it by day, and went back to January 1, 2012 to gather my data.
A2DKristi is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 06:32 PM   #93
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DKristi

All of this information can be found thoroughly documented on my website, Addicted 2 Decorating. If you want an easy way to find it, just Google "SBI scam". I've been sitting right there at the #1 spot for several months now....on my WordPress site...ahead of Ken's "rebuttal" page.
Kristi, I just tried this search but as per my attached screenshot it seems that Ken's rebuttal page shows up ahead of yours...

OH WAIT...

Something's a bit funny...

Ken's rebuttal result seems to have a pink shaded background, when yours doesn't. Actually, come to think of it, his result appears to be preceded by the words "Ad related to sbi scam"...

OH I GET IT!!!!

The King of organic search (Dr SEO himself) HAS TO PAY GOOGLE MONEY in order to get his search result ahead of yours! Even though he represents the actual site the article is about, and YOU RUN A LITTLE OLD WORDPRESS SITE ABOUT HOME DECORATING!!!

Talk about L.M.F.A.O :-) :-) :-)

Remind me never to drink beer while reading Kristi's posts. Now I have to clean all the beer off my keyboard!

Oh well. There's some good news in this for you Spinster Stacy (nice term thanks Lanx). In a way, this really does prove that Ken is a guru in the world of search.

You see, Ken has been saying for years and years now, that it is only a matter of time before Google will be smart enough to recognize high quality, informative, accurate, authoritative, unique content over keyword-stuffed, over-SEO'd, low-quality, pap delivered by people with unethical motives. And when that happens, people with CRAP will have to pay Google money to get ahead of people with THE GOODS.

So I guess, as counterintuitive as it sounds, this result really shows that Ken is indeed the Nostradamus he always said he was.

It's a good day for me Stacy. I hope you're enjoying it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??-kristi-versus-ken.jpg  

Last edited by Oven Key; 24th February 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added: And when that happens...
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 24th February 2013, 10:14 PM   #94
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyHolmes View Post
Hi Folks,
To start with SBI!, go to Site Build It! Order Page (choose the monthly option of $29.99). To start with WordPress, pick a web host. This is your first WordPress decision, one that you don't have to make with SBI!.

Stacy Holmes
SiteSell Answers
http:// answers.sitesell.com
Or... to start with an unbiased set of resources, with NO AFFILIATE LINKS, check out this resource page by an honest disgruntled exSBIer who just wants to help people save money and get out...

Resources For SBI Sitesell Owners Planning To Move Their Website

That's right. Unlike Stacy (an employee of SiteSell/SBI, which she sometimes forgets to remind you), he makes NOTHING for providing these resources which come from years of personal experience.
Oven Key is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 02:03 AM   #95
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Wow, Stacey up there, telling big fat porky pie lies yourself.

I'm not an SBI basher as you call it, who just tries to create confusion and the people I see posting here are just ex SBI customers.

Stacey's weird post above labelling ex SBI customers as people who like to create confusion is typical of what you see in the forums there: weird ramblings from Evoy about how SBI is perfect and those who don't say so are haters and bashers.

Creepy, strange stuff.

My only point in posting here was to make noobs aware of what SBI is, nothing more, nothing less.
MattC is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 06:47 AM   #96
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 80
Thanks: 36
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I will be an exSBIer within 3 days, I have run multiple sites with Sitesell for 4 years now, SBI is a system built upon gaming the search engines, total over-optimization is the name of the game, from the template that every SBI site carries, to the keyword stuffed articles written for the search engines rather than the visitors....it worked very successfully for years, now it is called webspam!.
KevinRB is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 08:18 AM   #97
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 57
Thanks: 24
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

I spent well over an hour last night reading every single post in this thread, and I just re-read Stacy's last post.

After reading "her" very first post on Page 1 of this thread, I thought to myself, "Wow, Stacy's writing style is almost identical to Ken Evoy's." As I continued reading, I started seeing others point this out as well.

I'd be willing to bet money on it. "Stacy" is Ken.

Anyway, I wanted to point something else out. When I moved away from Sitesell, I went to HostGator. I have about five different sites (although my main site...my baby...is my Addicted 2 Decorating site), so I decided that paying for a dedicated server, and having the peace of mind that went with it, was well worth the cost. (Not to mention the fact that my very first month away from SBI, my pageviews increased 250%, which means that my income more than doubled as well.)

My dedicated server with HostGator costs me $220 per month. Again, that's a private server (i.e., I don't have to share server resources with anyone else!) for five sites. I also paid someone $950 to migrate my site to WordPress and create a custom WordPress design for me.

The SBI talking heads really latched on to those numbers, and paraded them around to "prove" how expensive WordPress is compared to SBI.

Well, Kacy (see what I did there?), you said to read about the "sophisticated" thing that Elad is doing with WordPress, and I see that he has spent...

$25,000 in programmer costs so far!!

...to have WordPress integrated into SBI so that he can have the functionality that his sites need...functionality that he would have had from the very beginning had he just started with WordPress.

So the lesson here is that if you choose to use SBI, and if you're one of the lucky few who actually has success with SBI and find yourself needing something more powerful than SBI's clunky and inefficient system (which you will if and when you have success), your choices will be

(1) spend hours upon hours (possibly weeks of your time*) moving everything over yourself,

(2) hire someone to do it for you, like I did, at the cost of anywhere from $900 to $2000, or possibly more, depending on the size of your site, or

(3) find a programmer who's willing to put up with SBI's clunky system, and who's knowledgeable enough to integrate WordPress into SBI, at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars.

OR, you could just save yourself the potential headache and start on WordPress with a basic site and basic hosting at the cost of around $8 per month.

*I just helped someone else move a site from SBI to WordPress. The site is a standard small business website with just a few pages of info (four pages, to be exact). The transfer took well over two weeks because that's how long it took to jump through all of the hoops required to wrangle this person's domain name away from the claws of SBI.
A2DKristi is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 09:50 AM   #98
Multilingual Copywriter
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Hey Kristi, you're such a hater and you just wanna create confusion, you're one of the bad guys. Boooo :rolleyes:

Your baddy bad comments are because you want to disrupt and cause trouble. Not because you had a bad experience with SBI yourself of course. It was all just perfect and great and so happy.

Kacy will be back soon with more entertainment soon guys.
MattC is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 10:24 AM   #99
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 57
Thanks: 24
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

The funny thing is that Kacy "reveals" in his/her most recent post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyHolmes View Post
Their main goal? To convince you not to buy SBI!.
Ummmm...DUH! She says that like she's revealing some mystery that no one else could figure out on their own.

So Kacy, let me state it plainly for you.

My main goal in writing my multi-page article on SBI, and in posting/commenting here and on other sites and blogs is...

to see SBI put out of business, completely

...so that you can no longer prey on unsuspecting people who think that this company is honest and upright, and will deliver what they promise.

There's no mystery there. I've not hidden my thoughts. It's out there for the world to see.

When I see a company...
(1) lying about how successful they are,
(2) making promises that they simply cannot keep,
(3) pumping people full of false hope that they can and will be successful online if they just keep "following the way of the tortoise" (i.e., keep on paying those monthly or annual dues),
(4) using misleading information and outright lies in their marketing information in an effort to convince people who are ignorant of the facts, and that is...
(5) led by an egomaniac with the mentality of a cult leader...

...yes, I'd like to see those businesses exposed for what they are and put out of business.

And right now, my cross hairs are focused on Sitesell, because Aaron (one of the moderators on the Sitesell FB page who lied about WordPress) poked a hornet's nest, which led me to take a very close look at the marketing pages of SBI, as well as the claims of success.

I want to see Sitesell go belly up.

And when that day happens (and it's coming, because no company can sustain the losses that you have suffered over the last year, and continue to suffer on a daily basis, for more than a few years), I will rejoice and dance on the grave of Sitesell.

Clear enough for you?
A2DKristi is offline  
Unread 25th February 2013, 11:31 AM   #100
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 61
Thanks: 28
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DKristi View Post
My main goal in writing my multi-page article on SBI, and in posting/commenting here and on other sites and blogs is...

to see SBI put out of business, completely

And right now, my cross hairs are focused on Sitesell,

Clear enough for you?
Just in case it isn't, here's a visual summary....
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone used SiteSell's SBI ??-sitesell-crosshair.gif  
Oven Key is offline  
Closed Thread

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

Bookmarks

Tags
sbi, sitesell

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.