Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings
Register Blogs Social Groups Advertise with usHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 14th September 2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
taskemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 645
Thanks: 314
Thanked 396 Times in 237 Posts
Default I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I have now, over a month with product approval processes at ClickBank, finally got my new product approved.

But I'm in a big dilemma - should I rather choose JVzoo as a retailer?

The product I've created is a product/service with a long lifetime. I want to market it and update it over many years so it's not a huge, big-shot conspiracy "magic" software that banks million of dollars overnight. So I'm not going to have one of these massive product launches that's (or was) common at ClickBank.

In the past, I've looked into JVzoo and they are getting better and better. Their support are also good, something that ClickBank is missing.

I like that the vendors/sellers at JVzoo have the option to run a closed affiliate program too so I can prevent to get too much junk traffic and affiliates that's not following the FTC promotion guidelines. But I know that one can't prevent this 100%

I also like that JVzoo pays directly to the seller's PayPal account, and not via paychecks like ClickBank does because I have had some trouble to cash in the paychecks in the past because the banks are removing the ability to cash in paychecks here. And the fees to cash in a paycheck are high too.


So what would you've done if you were in my situation? Would you have chosen ClickBank or JVzoo?

ClickBank is still the big guy out there with a lot of affiliates that's looking for products to promote, both at the marketplace and with 3'rd party tools like CBengine.

But if an serious "super" affiliate find a product good and want to promote it, he or she will most likely sign up at the affiliate network/retailer and promote it if he or she is serious.


Argh.. I can't decide.. Can someone please give me some inputs?

Thanks!
taskemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Smart Warrior
War Room Member
 
Sean Erickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 83
Thanks: 56
Thanked 66 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Hmm... I want to give you a quick answer man.
JVZOO https://www.jvzoo.com/compare
All the way, Awesome updates and stuff.
Sean Erickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Expert Coach
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 1,015
Thanks: 21
Thanked 229 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

After being slapped all about the place by PayPal, I would definitely say 2 thumbs up for your ClickBank choice. If JVZoo offers other payment options that are non-PayPal, then I'd give them a 2 thumbs up too because I like their system. Keep in mind that ClickBank also deals with sales tax and sends out all required tax forms. If you are using other systems, you may be responsible for sending those out yourself.
IMSince2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
taskemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 645
Thanks: 314
Thanked 396 Times in 237 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSince2003 View Post
Keep in mind that ClickBank also deals with sales tax and sends out all required tax forms. If you are using other systems, you may be responsible for sending those out yourself.
The VAT or sales tax should only be paid once and follows a product the whole way. For me, who is from Norway, I don't need to pay any VAT as long as the customers isn't located in Norway. And it's very rare that I get any Norwegian customers. My customers is mostly from US, UK, Australia and Canada.

But I don't understand ClickBank's VAT system. They're collecting VAT from every country. It doesn't matter where you are from, ClickBank need that sales tax anyways :confused:
taskemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 10:47 AM   #5
IM Since 1999
War Room Member
 
mbacak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 363
Thanked 541 Times in 247 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Something else to take in consideration, I've been analyzing the traffic you get from Clickbank affiliates vrs WSO affilaites. Seems that if you use clickbank you get a wider audience of affilaites that can send more heat because the affiliate base is larger and many of the guys that can send a lot of traffic are worried about losing their paypal accounts - since it happens a lot with people that send massive amount of sales.

However, the quality of affiliate lists seems better in the WSO space, same with the offers.... with that being said... WSO space transparency is key - and also great customer service, fast (public) response time too. Public being another KEY.
mbacak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 49
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I'm for JVZOO
Laura Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 10:54 AM   #7
it's Your life
War Room Member
 
andrewkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: EU
Posts: 232
Thanks: 40
Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Go JVzoo... (that's copyright protected! )

Do not think twice. And like Matt said make sure you have customer service and all ready for launch. Actually I think you could benefit a lot from the Matt's link... They have some great stuff to share!
andrewkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
taskemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 645
Thanks: 314
Thanked 396 Times in 237 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbacak View Post
Something else to take in consideration, I've been analyzing the traffic you get from Clickbank affiliates vrs WSO affilaites. Seems that if you use clickbank you get a wider audience of affilaites that can send more heat because the affiliate base is larger and many of the guys that can send a lot of traffic are worried about losing their paypal accounts - since it happens a lot with people that send massive amount of sales.

However, the quality of affiliate lists seems better in the WSO space, same with the offers.... with that being said... WSO space transparency is key - and also great customer service, fast (public) response time too. Public being another KEY.
Hi Matt and thank you for your reply.

I didn't knew that one could lose their PayPal account because of high sale volume... :p

But it's not a WSO I'm going to launch, it's a stand-alone sales page and the product/service is a membership site.

And it's quality traffic I want and I know that a lot of the, what you call for "WSO traffic", is of high quality and converts well.

I'll try my best when it comes to support because I know that 80% of the customers falls away because of bad support. And that's one reason why I don't like ClickBank anymore because of their big lack of good support. But what the heck, it's not the support I'm chasing, but the CASH
taskemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 12:33 PM   #9
aka Justin Stowe
War Room Member
 
WebPen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,096
Thanks: 1,027
Thanked 596 Times in 401 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

People don't lose their PayPal accounts because of high trade volume.

Sometimes they get paused, but I don't think they get completely closed down because of that.

High sales volume means lots of money for PayPal.

That said- PayPal is looking down on things like 100% commissions these days. Anything like Rapid Action Profits, or offering affiliates in Warrior + or JV Zoo 100% commissions can get you on PayPal's bad side.

As for your question- I think it depends on how big you want your product to be. There are a lot more affiliates on CB, but JVZoo seems to be the higher quality platform- and is getting a LOT more updates than CB.
WebPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 12:45 PM   #10
IM Since 1999
War Room Member
 
mbacak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 363
Thanked 541 Times in 247 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskemann View Post
And that's one reason why I don't like ClickBank anymore because of their big lack of good support.
just a thought: I've never relied on Clickbank for customer support... my support team is 1st line then Clickbanks is second in line... and my team should never let them get there.
mbacak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I've tried to buy things from people that use JVZoo and there is always some type of error with PayPal so I would try ClickBank IMO!
justbenoticed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th September 2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
taskemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 645
Thanks: 314
Thanked 396 Times in 237 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbenoticed View Post
I've tried to buy things from people that use JVZoo and there is always some type of error with PayPal so I would try ClickBank IMO!
I had the exact same problem with my test purchase now at JVzoo lol :p

It worked with ClickBank, but not at JVzoo. I get no receipt or necessary instructions after purchase :rolleyes:
taskemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd September 2012, 08:49 PM   #13
GET TO WORK!
War Room Member
 
Bryan Zimmerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Orlando,Fl
Posts: 1,534
Thanks: 279
Thanked 520 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

If you tried to do the test purchase with the same PayPal account that is attached to the JVZoo account it will fail. It a built in part of the system that stops affiliates from buying through their own link. Many times when people complain about the payment failing, it's people trying to buy through their own link and not realizing it blocks them from doing so and shows an error.

When doing test purchases, either use a credit card or have someone else make the purchase and you should be fine. On rare occurrences, because the test transaction is only 0.01cents, PayPal just blocks it. Doesn't happen very often but it has happened.
Bryan Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23rd September 2012, 09:27 AM   #14
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Sid Hale's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2003
Location: Your guess is as good as mine
Posts: 782
Thanks: 187
Thanked 456 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Hi Justin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Stowe View Post
That said- PayPal is looking down on things like 100% commissions these days. Anything like Rapid Action Profits, or offering affiliates in Warrior + or JV Zoo 100% commissions can get you on PayPal's bad side.
Sorry - but I have to question your source on this statement - as it is JUST PLAIN WRONG!

How could you possibly know that Paypal looks down on 100% commission rates?

With all of the services mentioned (and I speak from 5+ years of first-hand experience with regard to Rapid Action Profits), the transaction sent to Paypal on a 100% commission transaction appears to Paypal as though the affiliate were actually the merchant.

There is nothing, (or very little, if using one of the adaptive payment systems), to distinguish that transaction, from a transaction that was originated on behalf of the merchant.

In my experience, it is the customer who originates the transaction, and the customer who agrees to allow Paypal to process the payment to the recipient (either merchant or affiliate), and Paypal really doesn't care who those 2 parties are, as long as they can identify who is the buyer and who is the seller.

The customer authorizes the payment transaction, and that's really all that Paypal cares about.
Sid Hale is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th September 2012, 11:26 AM   #15
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 98
Thanks: 34
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

JVZOO is racing fast to close in on Clickbank, in my opinion JVZOO is the best choice for anything to do with internet marketing, Clickbank is great for any other niche.

About the 100% commission: some say they have problems with paypal, some say they don't. The top WSO sellers still say they have no problems with paypal. But in case you doubt, just ask paypal, that is always the best way. And that goes for any doubts on any subject for any site including Clickbank and JVZOO.

The same goes for the block paypal sets to accounts. You can ask paypal why they do it from time to time, and you get a very good answer.
nmoppa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 09:47 PM   #16
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Isaiah Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 516
Thanks: 201
Thanked 138 Times in 107 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Test them both and see which one really works for you. The best way to find out in my opinion.
Isaiah Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th November 2012, 01:24 AM   #17
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
OnlineStoreHelp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,159
Thanks: 34
Thanked 295 Times in 216 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

When you all test ClickBank and JVZoo, do you create two separate products to test against or one product and list it on both sites?
OnlineStoreHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9th November 2012, 11:34 AM   #18
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Clark Pearson's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2006
Location: Walla Walla Washington
Posts: 23
Thanks: 27
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I like JVZOO as well but I don't use it for selling anything and probably never will. The reason is because once your customer buys your product through JVZOO, JVZOO thinks that they are now THEIR customer.

This means that when your customers go to download their product they will see lots of ads for other IM products (whether your product was IM related or not). JVZOO will also put them on their mailing list and send them promotional emails. I have received six emails from JVZOO (not an individual vendor) promoting the same JVZOO product in one day. I'm sure they wouldn't resend to me if I opened them immediately but still, I view this as spam from the service provider. And does the last vendor I purchased from get commissions on all these other products JVZOO is promoting? I don't think so.

I try to protect my customers from other people's spammy promotion. So I don't currently use JVZOO.

But a final thought is this: Why don't you use multiple transaction service providers? Have sales pages set up for each one. You can set it up like this:
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates

As long as you do nothing to cheat your affiliates out of their commissions, they won't mind. You can use several different affiliate marketplaces to reach the most affiliates.

Also, check out DigiResults. You can sell your clickbank product through them as well as your direct sales. They don't send out email to your customers either. Their marketplace and affiliate pool isn't as big as JVZoo or W+ but their service is, IMHO, the best.
Clark Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd March 2013, 07:34 AM   #19
Think Outside..$$$ Inside
War Room Member
 
Joan Altz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Here and There
Posts: 672
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 140
Thanked 418 Times in 239 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Pearson View Post
I like JVZOO as well but I don't use it for selling anything and probably never will. The reason is because once your customer buys your product through JVZOO, JVZOO thinks that they are now THEIR customer.

This means that when your customers go to download their product they will see lots of ads for other IM products (whether your product was IM related or not). JVZOO will also put them on their mailing list and send them promotional emails. I have received six emails from JVZOO (not an individual vendor) promoting the same JVZOO product in one day. I'm sure they wouldn't resend to me if I opened them immediately but still, I view this as spam from the service provider. And does the last vendor I purchased from get commissions on all these other products JVZOO is promoting? I don't think so.

I try to protect my customers from other people's spammy promotion. So I don't currently use JVZOO.

But a final thought is this: Why don't you use multiple transaction service providers? Have sales pages set up for each one. You can set it up like this:
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates

As long as you do nothing to cheat your affiliates out of their commissions, they won't mind. You can use several different affiliate marketplaces to reach the most affiliates.

Also, check out DigiResults. You can sell your clickbank product through them as well as your direct sales. They don't send out email to your customers either. Their marketplace and affiliate pool isn't as big as JVZoo or W+ but their service is, IMHO, the best.
This is a fairly old post I guess, but I just want to add my concern about the way JVZoo blasts several weekly promotions to everyone in their system. It does get very annoying and although there are many things about JVZoo I love, this is the only one I really hate and I'm guessing a lot of our customers will hate it too and it could come back to haunt some of us, especially with local businesses that make purchases.
Joan Altz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4th April 2013, 01:48 PM   #20
Making Launches Simple
War Room Member
 
Coach Comeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 178
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 457
Thanked 329 Times in 163 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Pearson View Post
I like JVZOO as well but I don't use it for selling anything and probably never will. The reason is because once your customer buys your product through JVZOO, JVZOO thinks that they are now THEIR customer.

This means that when your customers go to download their product they will see lots of ads for other IM products (whether your product was IM related or not). JVZOO will also put them on their mailing list and send them promotional emails. I have received six emails from JVZOO (not an individual vendor) promoting the same JVZOO product in one day. I'm sure they wouldn't resend to me if I opened them immediately but still, I view this as spam from the service provider. And does the last vendor I purchased from get commissions on all these other products JVZOO is promoting? I don't think so.

I try to protect my customers from other people's spammy promotion. So I don't currently use JVZOO.

But a final thought is this: Why don't you use multiple transaction service providers? Have sales pages set up for each one. You can set it up like this:
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates

As long as you do nothing to cheat your affiliates out of their commissions, they won't mind. You can use several different affiliate marketplaces to reach the most affiliates.

Also, check out DigiResults. You can sell your clickbank product through them as well as your direct sales. They don't send out email to your customers either. Their marketplace and affiliate pool isn't as big as JVZoo or W+ but their service is, IMHO, the best.
I didn't even think about that - referring to being opted in to JVzoo's email list. I mean, I noticed I was getting the emails all the time, but being in IM I am used to all the emails. Didn't pay attention to the fact that I never actually signed up to recieve marketing emails from JVZoo.

And since I am launching products that ARE NOT in the IM space, that alone will make me never use JvZoo again. Thanks for pointing that out.

On a side note, I sold a memebership site through them before and after the purchase JVzoo creates an account for them to "access their purchase" with login information....

I had sooooo many dang emails from people telling me that they could not login to my website (being confused by 2 login emails)

You would be surprised how non-tech savy your market is if you step outside of IM for your products. Something to keep in mind
Coach Comeback is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd August 2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Pearson View Post
I like JVZOO as well but I don't use it for selling anything and probably never will. The reason is because once your customer buys your product through JVZOO, JVZOO thinks that they are now THEIR customer.

This means that when your customers go to download their product they will see lots of ads for other IM products (whether your product was IM related or not). JVZOO will also put them on their mailing list and send them promotional emails. I have received six emails from JVZOO (not an individual vendor) promoting the same JVZOO product in one day. I'm sure they wouldn't resend to me if I opened them immediately but still, I view this as spam from the service provider. And does the last vendor I purchased from get commissions on all these other products JVZOO is promoting? I don't think so.

I try to protect my customers from other people's spammy promotion. So I don't currently use JVZOO.

But a final thought is this: Why don't you use multiple transaction service providers? Have sales pages set up for each one. You can set it up like this:
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates

As long as you do nothing to cheat your affiliates out of their commissions, they won't mind. You can use several different affiliate marketplaces to reach the most affiliates.

Also, check out DigiResults. You can sell your clickbank product through them as well as your direct sales. They don't send out email to your customers either. Their marketplace and affiliate pool isn't as big as JVZoo or W+ but their service is, IMHO, the best.
Clark, have you actually used the multi-marketplace approach you describe above or seen it done before? I'm trying to figure out which way to go with a Wordpress plugin I'll be selling soon.
itworked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29th October 2013, 07:36 AM   #22
ebestsellers
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 15
Thanks: 51
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

First and foremost, JVZoo commissions are instant via PayPal. In my opinion this is the number one reason affiliates are flocking to JVZoo. As compared to ClickBank who makes it hard for new affiliates to get paid, and traditional networks like Commission Junction that may take up to 90 days to pay your commissions, JVZoo uses PayPal’s Adaptive Payments technology to pay you instantly at the point of sale.

According to their site:
Our system runs on Paypal’s adaptive payment system which allows your payments to go directly into your PayPal account the moment a sale is made. Unlike other instant payment systems with Paypal, JVZoo has a true payment system that allows you to be paid for EVERY sale that is made.
If you’ve been in affiliate marketing long enough you would have probably tried various affiliate programs that implement “instant split PayPal payment” for sales and commissions – sites like . In theory the program will split payments received from buyers between sellers and buyers, directly to their PayPal account. In practice however, it uses a rotational order button to distribute payment between the seller and affiliates at the percentage set by the seller.

In other words, if a seller set commissions to be 50%, the first sale will be made to the seller’s PayPal account, while the second sale will be made to the affiliate’s PayPal account. The third sale goes back to the seller’s PayPal account, and so on.


There’s a massive problem with this model: REFUNDS!


When a buyer requests for a refund, the seller would have to check if the payment was made to his PayPal account, or to the affiliate’s PayPal account. If he did not receive the payment, he would have to ask the buyer to contact the affiliate directly (or contact the affiliate on the seller’s behalf) to get a refund.


As you can expect, this is a very messy and potentially destructive for your online reputation. Buyers would find it difficult to get their money back from the affiliate, especially when some of them may have never known a third person was involved in their purchase.
ebestsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th November 2013, 07:50 AM   #23
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I don't buy any products from ClickBank because of the tax they charge. And I don't get charged tax from JVZoo or anyone else I buy from.
Borgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th November 2013, 04:49 PM   #24
Ed
War Room Member
 
mooba's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebestsellers View Post
First and foremost, JVZoo commissions are instant via PayPal. In my opinion this is the number one reason affiliates are flocking to JVZoo. As compared to ClickBank who makes it hard for new affiliates to get paid, and traditional networks like Commission Junction that may take up to 90 days to pay your commissions, JVZoo uses PayPal’s Adaptive Payments technology to pay you instantly at the point of sale.

According to their site:
Our system runs on Paypal’s adaptive payment system which allows your payments to go directly into your PayPal account the moment a sale is made. Unlike other instant payment systems with Paypal, JVZoo has a true payment system that allows you to be paid for EVERY sale that is made.
If you’ve been in affiliate marketing long enough you would have probably tried various affiliate programs that implement “instant split PayPal payment” for sales and commissions – sites like . In theory the program will split payments received from buyers between sellers and buyers, directly to their PayPal account. In practice however, it uses a rotational order button to distribute payment between the seller and affiliates at the percentage set by the seller.

In other words, if a seller set commissions to be 50%, the first sale will be made to the seller’s PayPal account, while the second sale will be made to the affiliate’s PayPal account. The third sale goes back to the seller’s PayPal account, and so on.


There’s a massive problem with this model: REFUNDS!


When a buyer requests for a refund, the seller would have to check if the payment was made to his PayPal account, or to the affiliate’s PayPal account. If he did not receive the payment, he would have to ask the buyer to contact the affiliate directly (or contact the affiliate on the seller’s behalf) to get a refund.


As you can expect, this is a very messy and potentially destructive for your online reputation. Buyers would find it difficult to get their money back from the affiliate, especially when some of them may have never known a third person was involved in their purchase.

So are you saying this is the way JVZoo does it too (as far as refunds), or are you only saying this is the way other instant payment systems do it, but not JVZoo?

Does JVZoo pay half to the affiliate and half to the vendor, and then if there is a refund request does JVZoo automatically take half out of the Vendors Paypal account and half out of the affiliate account?

Or is the Vendor left on their own to handle the refund and to try to persuade the affiliate to help out and give their portion of the money back to the customer too? This would be difficult, as most affiliates would have probably already spent the money and have none to give back etc.
mooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27th November 2013, 04:58 PM   #25
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 25
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I, for one, am just starting but I got the feeling and the input the jvzoo is better. I can't help you with details and reasons but it's just a ground feeling of better-ness when it comes to the first one.
katrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st December 2013, 05:49 PM   #26
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Pearson View Post
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates
Great idea - gonna implement it to see how it goes. I hate the CB fees tho.
Voyadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28th December 2013, 07:16 PM   #27
Advanced Warrior
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 574
Thanks: 118
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Pearson View Post

But a final thought is this: Why don't you use multiple transaction service providers? Have sales pages set up for each one. You can set it up like this:
yourdomain.com - buy with PayPal (no affiliate program) or RAP (with affiliates)
yourdomain.com/cb - buy through ClickBank with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/jvz - buy through JVZOO with their affiliates
yourdomain.com/wso - buy through WarriorPlus with their affiliates

As long as you do nothing to cheat your affiliates out of their commissions, they won't mind. You can use several different affiliate marketplaces to reach the most affiliates.
I heard this puts affiliates off, especially the big ones.
Networking_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st December 2013, 09:15 AM   #28
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Mexico
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

You should use JVzoo or WF for product launch and the move your product to Clickbank or clicksure.
Hope this help
hectorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st January 2014, 11:54 AM   #29
Crazy
War Room Member
 
tcrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 110
Thanks: 12
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Clickbank. Jvzoo is basically an affiliate management system. You have to collect payment yourself using your own paypal address. There's always a risk there
tcrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2nd January 2014, 08:51 AM   #30
Sally Cevasco
War Room Member
 
sallycev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 141
Thanks: 127
Thanked 79 Times in 44 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Hi Taskemann,

I'm curious to know how you made out with your membership product launch and what you decided between jvzoo or Clickbank?

I'm just getting ready to launch a membership site geared toward offline businesses and I started to set it up with Wishlist but then after some research found that DAP allows not only to integrate with jvzoo but you can set up several different affiliate programs for the same membership site just by creating separate sales pages and products within DAP (not visible to everyone but affiliates would send their traffic to the corresponding sales page to the affiliate network they are in)

So, I'm now setting this all up but would love to know how you are getting on with your choice?

Thanks,
Sally
sallycev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th January 2014, 10:57 PM   #31
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 6,065
Thanks: 1,602
Thanked 2,301 Times in 1,059 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

I am a jvzoo affiliate

but people totally get it with clickbank, JVZOO it is harder to.....

1) test and track everything.

2) Upscale and move to PPV, other PPC networks, and larger media if you have a winner.

3) Purchase banner ads on high traffic forums and blogs. I have 39 ads on different blogs and another 25 or so ads on forums. LOL. Yes, its a pain to track lol, but these are very high converting ads, because they are infront of high targeted traffic. You do not even have to be good ad copy, you just have to test and track it all.

4) Make sure you are sending them to optin page and use videos, audio and email messages to build relationship, then plug what your offer is.

5) People love gettin free reports...but here is the kicker, send them free reports with affiliate links, your own stuff, more offers and even higher priced products. When I did this my income doubled literally within a week.

6) Don't just use PPC, we are 2012 now, and make use of social media, press releases, media, guest posting, and other areas like blog commenting on high traffic sites. You do this, and then track these and see which one is brining you home the bacon, then you cancel the ones not working and you go nuts with the tactic that worked.

Do all this, and you will be well on your way to $300+ a day.

Remember I have my own products. Being an affiliate is good, but you will soon find you are making someone else rich. Make your own products and find affiliates to market it for you....$100 dollars a day will seem like chicken feed when you actually have your own successful products, but for now just do what I said above you should be good to go.

So I pick clickbank, and learn to do lists, and you should be sweet. Listbuilding seems to go better with clickbank than JVZOO, but that is just my experience.
celente is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th January 2014, 11:35 PM   #32
Active Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 53
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

If I were you I would choose Jvzoo over clickbank because you don't have to pay the fee to be in clickbank. Maybe It has changed where Jvzoo charges a fee for your products now. I would choose Jvzoo over Clickbank
IM Leauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10th January 2014, 07:36 AM   #33
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 21
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskemann View Post
I have now, over a month with product approval processes at ClickBank, finally got my new product approved.

But I'm in a big dilemma - should I rather choose JVzoo as a retailer?

The product I've created is a product/service with a long lifetime. I want to market it and update it over many years so it's not a huge, big-shot conspiracy "magic" software that banks million of dollars overnight. So I'm not going to have one of these massive product launches that's (or was) common at ClickBank.

In the past, I've looked into JVzoo and they are getting better and better. Their support are also good, something that ClickBank is missing.

I like that the vendors/sellers at JVzoo have the option to run a closed affiliate program too so I can prevent to get too much junk traffic and affiliates that's not following the FTC promotion guidelines. But I know that one can't prevent this 100%

I also like that JVzoo pays directly to the seller's PayPal account, and not via paychecks like ClickBank does because I have had some trouble to cash in the paychecks in the past because the banks are removing the ability to cash in paychecks here. And the fees to cash in a paycheck are high too.


So what would you've done if you were in my situation? Would you have chosen ClickBank or JVzoo?

ClickBank is still the big guy out there with a lot of affiliates that's looking for products to promote, both at the marketplace and with 3'rd party tools like CBengine.

But if an serious "super" affiliate find a product good and want to promote it, he or she will most likely sign up at the affiliate network/retailer and promote it if he or she is serious.


Argh.. I can't decide.. Can someone please give me some inputs?

Thanks!

Dear..you make money online to..make money easily right ??
So I'd really recommend you to get money straight to paypal...JV-ZOOOO

They are awesome..
they pay a the same minute as the guarantee of the vendor ends..which means that if there's a 30 day money-back guarantee..well..you will get your money only after the 30 days are ended and the buyer has not asked for a refund..so you can be sure that the money you earned..is yours FOR LIFETIME !!

That's my point of view..go on that man !

I always remember my first sale on JVZOO ..97 $ WORTH PRODUCT..MADE 48,50 $ commission..WAS AMAZED..and knew that I could keep that money for LIFE..no need to mess with refund..cause i got paid by jvzoo ONLY AFTER THE 30 DAYS GUARANTEE WAS OVER..and the buyer didnt ask for a refund !
I join here a screenshot so you see byyourself how it feels/look when you get your first payment haha
Only to make you smile..and to show you everyone can !
Attached Thumbnails
I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?-jvzoo-sale-social-lead-freak.jpg  
Millionbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th February 2014, 05:46 AM   #34
Warrior Member
 
ackroener's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

if you're promoting affiliate products get go for clickbank, it's the safest option you get your commission all the time. with jvzoo you might not get your commission - do a quick search and you'll see how many people got scammed - not by jvzoo but the actual sellers - coz on jvzoo it's up to the seller to pay the affiliate their commission (and if they don't want to, they don't want to). with clickbank, once the buyer pays for the product, cb deducts the affiliate commission from the payment instantly and the seller has nothing to to with paying your commission.
ackroener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6th February 2014, 12:21 PM   #35
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Location: Faisalabad
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

According to my point of view the clickbank is the most valued plateform which everyone should follow to grow theirselves!
mukhan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th May 2014, 05:59 PM   #36
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: I'm in a big dilemma. ClickBank or JVzoo?

Guys,

I need your help in promotion my product, the niche is very rare "Dance business". My product is on the jvzoo. Let me know if you can be my affiliate. The price of product is 29.99 and I give 60% commissions.

Best regards
Roman
rollsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

Bookmarks

Tags
big, clickbank, dilemma, jvzoo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 AM.