Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 7th January 2013, 05:03 PM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
 
schnisz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 238
Thanks: 23
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Roger Langille?

Hey Warriors, anybody have any info on this guy? Someone sent me to a pre-recorded webinar of him talking about his Amazon/Ebay arbritage system. Sounded interesting, but a simple internet search brought up some not so nice things. Is this system played out? Any experience with his membership site? I think its like 47 bucks to start. Thanks!
schnisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th January 2013, 06:00 PM   #2
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Roger Langille?

He doesn't work.

I can pick him apart in a couple of easy seconds.

I'll even give you s sneak peak as to why signing up for him won't won't work at all.

The guy advocates signing up for suppliers using 'their descriptions' and 'their products' and selling it for a higher price.

Well, here's the problem with doing a 'push to eBay' system: You will be EXACTLY the same as every one else. You will not set yourself apart from anyone else and you will have no skills in undercutting any of your competition.

He doesn't go into finding any market worth and finding any profitability off that market worth. He advocates selling items blindly from suppliers basically utilizing their prices.

The problem is, you have to take a DATA-based approach.

DON'T BE PUSHED AROUND WITH DROPSHIPPERS! As a retailer, YOU are in the driver's seat. You are in charge. YOU set the pricing - but you need to set the pricing based on ACTUAL market worth of the items LESS deductions - including negotiated costs to acquire.

Roger Langille doesn't teach this.

His is a 'push button' method that loses people lots of money in insertion fees because there is no research methodology before hand... Sad really, because that is the underlying success method I've taught hundreds of people how to exploit.

In addition, you need to have a sales history BEFORE going into dropshipping anyway! I've taught how to bridge that gap for years - something Roger never touches upon.

How on earth can you dropship without negotiation leverage?!

Exactly, Roger, Exactly.

I just smile.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th January 2013, 03:03 PM   #3
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Has anyone else used him?

I'm smack on the mouth with this analysis.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11th January 2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Active Warrior
Registered Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I havent but I heard of him, and its along the lines of what auction is saying
djackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st February 2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
Roger Langille?

He doesn't work.

I can pick him apart in a couple of easy seconds.

I'll even give you s sneak peak as to why signing up for him won't won't work at all.

The guy advocates signing up for suppliers using 'their descriptions' and 'their products' and selling it for a higher price.

Well, here's the problem with doing a 'push to eBay' system: You will be EXACTLY the same as every one else. You will not set yourself apart from anyone else and you will have no skills in undercutting any of your competition.

He doesn't go into finding any market worth and finding any profitability off that market worth. He advocates selling items blindly from suppliers basically utilizing their prices.

The problem is, you have to take a DATA-based approach.

DON'T BE PUSHED AROUND WITH DROPSHIPPERS! As a retailer, YOU are in the driver's seat. You are in charge. YOU set the pricing - but you need to set the pricing based on ACTUAL market worth of the items LESS deductions - including negotiated costs to acquire.

Roger Langille doesn't teach this.

His is a 'push button' method that loses people lots of money in insertion fees because there is no research methodology before hand... Sad really, because that is the underlying success method I've taught hundreds of people how to exploit.

In addition, you need to have a sales history BEFORE going into dropshipping anyway! I've taught how to bridge that gap for years - something Roger never touches upon.

How on earth can you dropship without negotiation leverage?!

Exactly, Roger, Exactly.

I just smile.
I did try Roger's basic training. Here is where I had a problem. The training suggests that when you order through Amazon you must go through a link setup by Roger which he claims tells Amazon that they should ship items in a plain brown box without Amazon markings or invoice. We are not talking about Fulfillment By Amazon here; he teaches selling only actual Amazon products to take advantage of free shipping.

Well, what you are really doing is sending items as gifts ( which you could do without the "special link" ) and I don't think the Amazon source information is completely removed. I have read conflicting reports on this. Actually, I believe the real reason for this setup is that when you go to Amazon with these links you are dropping Roger's Amazon affiliate cookie! Great for him, not so great for you if your Ebay customers catch on to what's going on and your feedback tanks.
tenaya23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14th March 2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Online Entrepreneur
War Room Member
 
Joshster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA. USA
Posts: 190
Thanks: 124
Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I edited my comment since I didn't feel it added positively to this thread.

My main concern is the rather sketchy advice regarding using Prime, which is completely against Amazon's TOS.

This is a deal breaker since I am not willing to put my Amazon account in jeopardy

It was also mentioned that there was a way to get Prime for free, I did not see this answered anywhere - unless this is referring to the various free trial's, which are well known about.
Joshster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19th March 2013, 06:58 PM   #7
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaya23 View Post
I did try Roger's basic training. Here is where I had a problem. The training suggests that when you order through Amazon you must go through a link setup by Roger which he claims tells Amazon that they should ship items in a plain brown box without Amazon markings or invoice. We are not talking about Fulfillment By Amazon here; he teaches selling only actual Amazon products to take advantage of free shipping.

Well, what you are really doing is sending items as gifts ( which you could do without the "special link" ) and I don't think the Amazon source information is completely removed. I have read conflicting reports on this. Actually, I believe the real reason for this setup is that when you go to Amazon with these links you are dropping Roger's Amazon affiliate cookie! Great for him, not so great for you if your Ebay customers catch on to what's going on and your feedback tanks.
And here's a further issue you're going to run into -

The RETURN of an item!

When an item is returned in this scenario, when it's a gift - and it's not to the 'eBay seller' it looks incredibly suspicious. And when eBay/Amazon get word of it you can kiss your accounts goodbye.

So, in a nutshell:

Bad data + bad margins + bad marketing + bad competition breakthrough + bad policies + eBay/Amazon terms of service policy violation + bad customer service encouragement = the worst possible way to make money on eBay ever.


-Auction Debt Eliminator-
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19th March 2013, 08:52 PM   #8
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Hmmm. I heard Roger's webinar just today and I read this thread, and honestly I don't see that much here that negates what he is apparently teaching. I have not signed up but may try it under the refund guarantee.

As I see it there is easy proof you can see for yourself that people are making money on ebay selling amazon stuff for more than it sells for on amazon, and thus making money. If this is true (I will check into this shortly myself) then it is do-able and scalable.

If Roger teaches the nuances of this system then I don't see why it would not be a good course.

My two questions which make me wonder, and which I have to get answered for certain before signing up for Roger's training, are:

1) Is it a violation of Amazon TOS to drop-ship stuff free to people using amazon prime? (If it is, I don't necessarily have a problem with the system - you could still theoretically make money by buying low and selling high, even with the shipping cost added in.) What I have more of a problem with is IF Roger is lying about being able to do this without violating Amazon Prime TOS.

2) Is it true you can have stuff sent in plain brown boxes, not amazon boxes? I know you can send it as a gift and not have the price show that way; but can you have amazon send it in a plain brown box? I have never heard of it, and at least one comment on the web I found states that amazon said this is not possible.

So to me, these are 2 issues that I need to find out about before purchasing Roger's training, as I don't want to have to refund; I'd rather find out the answers for sure, first, and then join or not join based on those answers. I have written Roger to ask him about this; we'll see if I get a response and what it is.

But as I said, the system makes sense to me if indeed people buy stuff on ebay that is higher priced than you can get it on amazon or other sources such as Sears. If that's true then I see no reason why one could not make money by scaling this system.

Since I just heard about this today I really don't know much about it, but it certainly sounds like it may have potential as a business.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 20th March 2013, 12:00 PM   #9
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

SEOsoldier-

In Amazon's TOS for Amazon Prime does explicitly say that is is against their policy to dropship items.

Here is the direct quote:

"Amazon Prime isn't available for customers who purchase products for the purpose of resale or use Amazon Prime to ship products to their customers or potential customers."


You can check out the link here:

Amazon.com Help: About Amazon Prime
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20th March 2013, 07:38 PM   #10
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 8
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

As you will see from my post count, I hardly ever post here unless I have something I want to say. And this topic is one of those times.

First off, here are a few questions about this "Webinar" you were invited to:
  • When you received your email about your "Webinar", was the email titled "Reminder: Your Webinar is on XX/XX/2013..." making you feel like you already signed up, even though you hadn't?
  • In the webinar invite, did they mention "Roger Langille" by his full name, or did they leave out his last name and just mention "my friend Roger"?
  • During the webinar, did they conveniently leave our Roger's last name during the entire presentation?
  • After the webinar and when you got follow up emails, did they (again) not mention Roger's last name?
This set off about a bazillion warning flags with me, as I had the "pleasure" of attending one of his webinar's many months ago. They are always the same: about 35 minutes, he does everything lighting fast, doesn't answer any questions, and glazes over the most important issues so you think that they are easily handled (like drop shipping). I actually had to do some digging to find the guys last name, as the affiliate marketer wouldn't tell me it on the call nor afterwards. Once I found it and did about 5 minutes of research, it was easy to see why all of these affiliates are leaving his name out of anything they send. They know that if they mention his full name, everyone will google him, see that he's as shady as they come, and their conversion rates would drop to nothing.

While I don't want to name or completely dis the affiliates who are doing this (I can think of 4 Warriors right now), I have lost respect for them and have removed myself from their lists. Sending out a misleading webinar notification making you think you must have signed up, working with a guy like Roger Langille, and then intentionally going through great pains to leave his last name out of anything they put in writing pretty much tells you all you need to know: they know he is toxic, they have been offered a hefty commission for whomever they can get signed up, and they don't really care about the customers on their lists.

If I'm wrong about Roger and the affiliates here trying to rope people in for him, then why have they avoided speaking up on these threads to explain why they work with him and convince us that he's legit? Or better yet, start a post prior to one of these webinars notifying the other warriors here so that we can all know about it and join in? Oh...yeah...there must be a very good reason why they don't do that....

Just my two cents.
intervine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20th March 2013, 11:38 PM   #11
Passive Income Rebel
War Room Member
 
Drew Trainor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 91
Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Those are some good points Intervine... he seems desperate. You can learn a lot more from the dropshipping threads here on the Forum.
Drew Trainor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 03:51 AM   #12
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by intervine View Post
As you will see from my post count, I hardly ever post here unless I have something I want to say. And this topic is one of those times.

First off, here are a few questions about this "Webinar" you were invited to:
  • When you received your email about your "Webinar", was the email titled "Reminder: Your Webinar is on XX/XX/2013..." making you feel like you already signed up, even though you hadn't?
  • In the webinar invite, did they mention "Roger Langille" by his full name, or did they leave out his last name and just mention "my friend Roger"?
  • During the webinar, did they conveniently leave our Roger's last name during the entire presentation?
  • After the webinar and when you got follow up emails, did they (again) not mention Roger's last name?
This set off about a bazillion warning flags with me, as I had the "pleasure" of attending one of his webinar's many months ago. They are always the same: about 35 minutes, he does everything lighting fast, doesn't answer any questions, and glazes over the most important issues so you think that they are easily handled (like drop shipping). I actually had to do some digging to find the guys last name, as the affiliate marketer wouldn't tell me it on the call nor afterwards. Once I found it and did about 5 minutes of research, it was easy to see why all of these affiliates are leaving his name out of anything they send. They know that if they mention his full name, everyone will google him, see that he's as shady as they come, and their conversion rates would drop to nothing.

While I don't want to name or completely dis the affiliates who are doing this (I can think of 4 Warriors right now), I have lost respect for them and have removed myself from their lists. Sending out a misleading webinar notification making you think you must have signed up, working with a guy like Roger Langille, and then intentionally going through great pains to leave his last name out of anything they put in writing pretty much tells you all you need to know: they know he is toxic, they have been offered a hefty commission for whomever they can get signed up, and they don't really care about the customers on their lists.

If I'm wrong about Roger and the affiliates here trying to rope people in for him, then why have they avoided speaking up on these threads to explain why they work with him and convince us that he's legit? Or better yet, start a post prior to one of these webinars notifying the other warriors here so that we can all know about it and join in? Oh...yeah...there must be a very good reason why they don't do that....

Just my two cents.
I'm not here to defend Roger Langille, but I have to tell you my experience is the OPPOSITE of what you say here.

Roger's first and last name were given at the top and later during the webinar his name was up on the screen in a graphic for a long time, yes, and even his email address with his name in it.

I was actually sent an invitation to opt in to the webinar which I did.

The webinar was over 2 hours and many questions were answered.

The only questions I had that didn't get answered were about shipping in a plain brown box and about whether it violates Amazon TOS to use Prime.

I asked those questions in an email to Roger after the webinar and he responded to me, gave me his phone number and said he'd be happy to explain by phone. I have not called yet.

I admit this guy has a lot of bad press around the net, I also did my due diligence in researching him and frankly the bad press gives me reason to hesitate buying his training.

But judging just on the webinar and how it was handled and his response with phone number after it, I have to say he seems pretty much on the up and up.

Yes clearly amazon Prime says you can't drop ship using Prime.
However, that said, tons of people are doing it and getting away with it!
So one has to wonder if whether there is a trick to getting around it, OR if amazon really just doesn't care because they're making money.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 08:14 PM   #13
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Hello guys, happy to answer any questions you may have. In over a year now we have have 22 refunds and 2 chargebacks on this training course. Unlike any other product on the internet please feel free to cruise through ebay and you will see hundreds of sellers using this system, and plenty with a lengthy ebay history. (bld304, newyorq, fundwaysltd, renato123456), and hundreds more. Refunds in this day and age are absolute as sellers are subject to credit card processors being shut down for chargebacks. As so we offer a very quick no hassle return policy. As for Amazon documents, yes that is a valid document, however there is a legal way to get around that issue. Also there are several other sites I train on besides Amazon. I would estimate I have 20-30 bad posts, videos out there, after a decade of doing ebay. I dont feel that is too bad about.

(1) For example, an individual on this thread copied my training, sold it, then created this thread. However they dont know what to do about the amazon rule, so when they came to me after facing countless chargebacks they grew upset

(2)Introducing Hardeen-Asked me on the phone to train him 4 years ago for 20.00, I said no, and he cut a youtube video
(3) Video on youtube, about ebay and visalus-I young gentleman, that I kicked off of a webinar for challenging me that the webinar was live, when I was showing ebay which was severely time stamped

I hope this clarifies things, and you understand that not only to we happily provide refunds, but we have to provide refunds, and that you you can read the stories here "stories" or you can go watch the real thing being performed on ebay everyday.

On a positive note I have had 178 SIX FIGURE EARNERS in the last year.

Good luck with whatever path you travel down, and keep rocking your dreams...

Roger
heatherl1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 08:17 PM   #14
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherl1809 View Post
Hello guys, happy to answer any questions you may have. In over a year now we have have 2 refunds on this training course.
From some recent people that have contacted me and signed up for my course, nine have indicated that they have refunded the Roger Langille course - and it was NOT within the last 12 months.

Soooo...........
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 08:24 PM   #15
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherl1809 View Post
(bld304, newyorq, fundwaysltd, renato123456)
Also,

You do realize that by publishing these eBay user names - we can submit this thread to eBay moderators, providing proof that they're breaking eBay's TOS by using this system and they will be shut down overnight by utilizing this system?

All it will take is one of us to report their listing(s) after looking up their usernames and reporting them - and providing the URL to this thread.

Sooooo.........


I just looked at one of the negative feedback received for bld304... this is what it said:

"Sellers "warehouse" is actually Amazon. Save $, buy from Amazon directly. Buyer: k*******r ( 422) Mar-15-13 09:57"

Even the buyers figured it out - this was the issue seen in the other thread in the WF about using Amazon as a dropshipper.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 09:37 PM   #16
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherl1809 View Post
Hello guys, happy to answer any questions you may have. In over a year now we have have 22 refunds and 2 chargebacks on this training course. Unlike any other product on the internet please feel free to cruise through ebay and you will see hundreds of sellers using this system, and plenty with a lengthy ebay history. (bld304, newyorq, fundwaysltd, renato123456), and hundreds more. Refunds in this day and age are absolute as sellers are subject to credit card processors being shut down for chargebacks. As so we offer a very quick no hassle return policy. As for Amazon documents, yes that is a valid document, however there is a legal way to get around that issue. Also there are several other sites I train on besides Amazon. I would estimate I have 20-30 bad posts, videos out there, after a decade of doing ebay. I dont feel that is too bad about.

(1) For example, an individual on this thread copied my training, sold it, then created this thread. However they dont know what to do about the amazon rule, so when they came to me after facing countless chargebacks they grew upset

(2)Introducing Hardeen-Asked me on the phone to train him 4 years ago for 20.00, I said no, and he cut a youtube video
(3) Video on youtube, about ebay and visalus-I young gentleman, that I kicked off of a webinar for challenging me that the webinar was live, when I was showing ebay which was severely time stamped

I hope this clarifies things, and you understand that not only to we happily provide refunds, but we have to provide refunds, and that you you can read the stories here "stories" or you can go watch the real thing being performed on ebay everyday.

On a positive note I have had 178 SIX FIGURE EARNERS in the last year.

Good luck with whatever path you travel down, and keep rocking your dreams...

Roger
Roger, thanks for coming on here and giving your side of the story.
The bottom line is your assurance that there is a money back guarantee. Anyone can try it and if it isn't as you say they can get a refund.
Sounds fair enough to me!
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 09:38 PM   #17
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
Also,

You do realize that by publishing these eBay user names - we can submit this thread to eBay moderators, providing proof that they're breaking eBay's TOS by using this system and they will be shut down overnight by utilizing this system?

All it will take is one of us to report their listing(s) after looking up their usernames and reporting them - and providing the URL to this thread.

Sooooo.........


I just looked at one of the negative feedback received for bld304... this is what it said:

"Sellers "warehouse" is actually Amazon. Save $, buy from Amazon directly. Buyer: k*******r ( 422) Mar-15-13 09:57"

Even the buyers figured it out - this was the issue seen in the other thread in the WF about using Amazon as a dropshipper.
Why would anyone do that?
You'd have to be a complete ahole to report someone for breaking ebay TOS.
LIVE AND LET LIVE!

You wrote "From some recent people that have contacted me and signed up for my course, nine have indicated that they have refunded the Roger Langille course - and it was NOT within the last 12 months.

Soooo..........."

So they got their money back, right? No harm, no foul.
And if indeed 9 got their money back, and came to you, you should be grateful for Roger introducing them to the idea of making money on auctions.

Again, I'm not for nor against Roger Langille, I'm just a guy investigating the idea of dropshipping as he teaches, and to me it looks do-able. With a money back guarantee, it seems reasonable to attempt to learn from someone who has made it work.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 21st March 2013, 09:50 PM   #18
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Yeah, you're right - and I'm not one to report them - I'm just a little suspicious of 'him' claiming that he's only had '2 refunds in the last 12 months' when 9 indicated that they've refunded.

That was a red flag.

I'm all for people doing their investigations and homework - I'm glad they do as all people should make honest, data-based, informed decisions.

I just didn't think it was in 'Roger's' best judgement to 'out' what his sellers were selling and doing.

Personally, I think there should be a mentor/student confidentiality and trust where you should never tell people who they are.

That almost gets a larger 'a-hole' award than 'reporting them for what they do'.

It also violates the 'live and let live' principle.

In addition, a 'money back guarantee' is great and all, but that cannot get your banned eBay account back. Big harm, big foul.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 01:57 AM   #19
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
hitesh93's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 178
Thanks: 43
Thanked 208 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
Yeah, you're right - and I'm not one to report them - I'm just a little suspicious of 'him' claiming that he's only had '2 refunds in the last 12 months' when 9 indicated that they've refunded.

That was a red flag.

I'm all for people doing their investigations and homework - I'm glad they do as all people should make honest, data-based, informed decisions.

I just didn't think it was in 'Roger's' best judgement to 'out' what his sellers were selling and doing.

Personally, I think there should be a mentor/student confidentiality and trust where you should never tell people who they are.

That almost gets a larger 'a-hole' award than 'reporting them for what they do'.

It also violates the 'live and let live' principle.

In addition, a 'money back guarantee' is great and all, but that cannot get your banned eBay account back. Big harm, big foul.

A few things - I've gone through the course, seen it in action, seen it work for others and seen feedback from a TON of users. When I held the webinar with Roger, he stayed on for 1.5 hours just answering questions and clarifying things to all the users. I've also seen him hold additional free webinars for his buyers when there are any pertinent changes.

The individual 'auctiondebteliminator' is clearly a competitor and repeatedly tries to tell people to purchase his product instead. Further, there are a lot of things he's mentioned that I know are incorrect (because I can see in the member's area that they are addressed by Roger in the training).
It's kinda bizarre that majority of the posts on this thread are from auctiondebteliminator when he seems to not have actually gone through Roger's training (and if he has, is purposefully misrepresenting certain parts).

I had Roger pull me into skype conversations with his students to confirm the success of his students myself too. Here's one of them, Troy that was in skype group:

"Just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU for over delivering on your promises. At first I was a little hesitant to say "yes" to you because of the unbelievable amount of programs on the internet today that just do not work. I was also thinking, "how am I supposed to tell my wife that I'm getting into yet... another program". I mustered up the courage, said "screw it", got started, and because of that my life has drastically changed. Today I'm a power seller on eBay with almost $100K of inventory listed. I have my phone set to make a "cha-ching" sound every time an item on eBay sells. I hear that sound a lot and for some reason... It just never gets old!"

Clearly auctiondebteliminator has his own reasons for participating in this thread as much as he has been with blatant self promotion. It's one thing to promote your product/service, quite another to put down someone else to lure buyers to oneself. I'm of half a mind to report some of posts as they are certainly misleading and incorrect if not outright slanderous.

One more note -- while I did hold a webinar with Roger, I'm not clarifying this for the sake of any commissions. You are free to purchase it/not purchase it and you will not find any affiliates links in my post. As someone who has published products as well, I just find it disgusting and pathetic when competitors misrepresent others to try and get ahead.
hitesh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 02:09 AM   #20
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
hitesh93's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Posts: 178
Thanks: 43
Thanked 208 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by intervine View Post
As you will see from my post count, I hardly ever post here unless I have something I want to say. And this topic is one of those times.

First off, here are a few questions about this "Webinar" you were invited to:
  • When you received your email about your "Webinar", was the email titled "Reminder: Your Webinar is on XX/XX/2013..." making you feel like you already signed up, even though you hadn't?
  • In the webinar invite, did they mention "Roger Langille" by his full name, or did they leave out his last name and just mention "my friend Roger"?
  • During the webinar, did they conveniently leave our Roger's last name during the entire presentation?
  • After the webinar and when you got follow up emails, did they (again) not mention Roger's last name?
This set off about a bazillion warning flags with me, as I had the "pleasure" of attending one of his webinar's many months ago. They are always the same: about 35 minutes, he does everything lighting fast, doesn't answer any questions, and glazes over the most important issues so you think that they are easily handled (like drop shipping). I actually had to do some digging to find the guys last name, as the affiliate marketer wouldn't tell me it on the call nor afterwards. Once I found it and did about 5 minutes of research, it was easy to see why all of these affiliates are leaving his name out of anything they send. They know that if they mention his full name, everyone will google him, see that he's as shady as they come, and their conversion rates would drop to nothing.

While I don't want to name or completely dis the affiliates who are doing this (I can think of 4 Warriors right now), I have lost respect for them and have removed myself from their lists. Sending out a misleading webinar notification making you think you must have signed up, working with a guy like Roger Langille, and then intentionally going through great pains to leave his last name out of anything they put in writing pretty much tells you all you need to know: they know he is toxic, they have been offered a hefty commission for whomever they can get signed up, and they don't really care about the customers on their lists.

If I'm wrong about Roger and the affiliates here trying to rope people in for him, then why have they avoided speaking up on these threads to explain why they work with him and convince us that he's legit? Or better yet, start a post prior to one of these webinars notifying the other warriors here so that we can all know about it and join in? Oh...yeah...there must be a very good reason why they don't do that....

Just my two cents.
Since I held a webinar with Roger, let me clarify some things:
1. I not only posted Roger's full name, but put his email out there, and he welcomes his buyers to call him in case of any issues.
2. I have never sent anything misleading like claiming you are signed up for a webinar when you are not so you're clearly referring to someone else there.
3. I have known Roger for quite a while now. I also did a lot of due diligence on the product, and Roger as a person as well. Like I mentioned above I've spoken with his students, gone through the training myself as well.
4. My webinar with him was 2 hours long. Not sure why you said it was 35 minutes with him not answering questions.

If you attended some other webinar, then please clarify whom it was for, because it was certainly not mine and sounds completely different from what Roger did on the webinar with me. As such, I'm inclined to believe that the 35 minute format that you're referring to was the mutual decision of the affiliate and roger, not one of a 'fixed format'.

Just like you asked, I'm explaining why I was happy to do a webinar with Roger. In under 2 days I've received a lot of positive feedback about it including a success story of someone who has already made money using Roger's methods.
hitesh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 06:30 AM   #21
The Rum Guy
War Room Member
 
Rob Casavant's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 48
Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I will say I bought Roger Langille's basic training a few months ago. So I will say a few things. Yes, the "link" to go to Amazon is an affiliate cookie. You can actually see who the affiliate is if you try hard enough. I believe it is one of his family members that he mentions in one of the videos. It is almost like putting affiliate links in a free eBook. The person is going to Amazon anyhow...why not go through an affiliate link that does not affect you one bit. Once I found out it was an affiliate link gateway, I still continued to use it cause that's how I roll. Now I use a friends Amazon affiliate gateway since he lost his job and his wife is terminally ill.

But the fact is that the method actually does work. Works pretty well too. But with me, I am trying to focus on other things right now. I found one product that sells about once or twice a month, I would make around $11 profit each time and the listing would cost $0.50. So that's not bad I think. The 2 months I did it, I only did around 20 listings. Half were 30 day ads which cost $0.50 a piece. The other half were free 7 day ads. (You get 50 free 7 day ads each month from ebay). A few times the 30 day ads would sell and would have to relist the item.

I made around $80 profit after around $5.00 for listing fees and several more dollars for ebay fees.

So, I did in fact make money and it was super easy. This alone puts it ahead of many trashy WSOs I have seen around. As to doing this long term.... ehhh not sure if that's a great idea. as people have mentioned about losing their amazon and ebay accounts, but at least I got a return on my investment and more and could set it back in motion by even just relisting the few sellers I did have.

Character or methods aside, I made money. Just now I am focused on other projects.
Rob Casavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 08:30 AM   #22
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitesh93 View Post
A few things - I've gone through the course, seen it in action, seen it work for others and seen feedback from a TON of users. When I held the webinar with Roger, he stayed on for 1.5 hours just answering questions and clarifying things to all the users. I've also seen him hold additional free webinars for his buyers when there are any pertinent changes.

The individual 'auctiondebteliminator' is clearly a competitor and repeatedly tries to tell people to purchase his product instead. Further, there are a lot of things he's mentioned that I know are incorrect (because I can see in the member's area that they are addressed by Roger in the training).
It's kinda bizarre that majority of the posts on this thread are from auctiondebteliminator when he seems to not have actually gone through Roger's training (and if he has, is purposefully misrepresenting certain parts).

I had Roger pull me into skype conversations with his students to confirm the success of his students myself too. Here's one of them, Troy that was in skype group:

"Just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU for over delivering on your promises. At first I was a little hesitant to say "yes" to you because of the unbelievable amount of programs on the internet today that just do not work. I was also thinking, "how am I supposed to tell my wife that I'm getting into yet... another program". I mustered up the courage, said "screw it", got started, and because of that my life has drastically changed. Today I'm a power seller on eBay with almost $100K of inventory listed. I have my phone set to make a "cha-ching" sound every time an item on eBay sells. I hear that sound a lot and for some reason... It just never gets old!"

Clearly auctiondebteliminator has his own reasons for participating in this thread as much as he has been with blatant self promotion. It's one thing to promote your product/service, quite another to put down someone else to lure buyers to oneself. I'm of half a mind to report some of posts as they are certainly misleading and incorrect if not outright slanderous.

One more note -- while I did hold a webinar with Roger, I'm not clarifying this for the sake of any commissions. You are free to purchase it/not purchase it and you will not find any affiliates links in my post. As someone who has published products as well, I just find it disgusting and pathetic when competitors misrepresent others to try and get ahead.
I thank you sincerely for your comments - although I think you might be a little misguided.

I haven't seen you around much on the Warrior Forum, which means you probably haven't seen me much around on the Warrior forum either.

If you have, though, you might see that I am on here quite a bit, not much to self-promote, but to guide, and to give advice.

In fact, I post a lot on non-related topics to my niche as well. However, I did (and do) post on eBay related topics, and start eBay related topics, because I do consider myself an authority on them.

People ask my to review methods, people, WSOs, techniques, etc. So I do.

In fact, people in the Warrior Forum come here - and a lot of people are Internet Marketers - and post on Internet Marketing related topics - should they NOT because it would be 'self promotion' to help people out because they have knowledge (or claim to have knowledge) of it?

All I'm saying is that I am here mostly to offer my advice, help out those in need, and to promote using eBay the RIGHT way, for lasting, long-term success. Not with 'black hat' or 'grey-hat' methods.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 08:40 AM   #23
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Thanks for the support Rob. I could not build the site on my own so the affiliate link of the builder was there as payment for the site. In the new training site there is no affiliate link there. Keep rocking...cheers
heatherl1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 09:52 AM   #24
The Rum Guy
War Room Member
 
Rob Casavant's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 48
Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Yeah, that's actually true Heather/Roger. I noticed there was no longer an affiliate banner anywhere, I emailed your support to let you know it was gone but that's fine if you took it away.

Bottom line is it works and is simple to follow along. I kind of liked how I didn't have to have tons of excel sheets, hours of research, or nothing like that... just get out there and do it. Made some easy cash and in my eyes that puts it way ahead of some of these horrible products out there now.
Rob Casavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 01:42 PM   #25
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I agree Rob, there are programs out there that can make you money but none easier then this , my wifes name is Heather, and was my main eBay ID. If anyone has any further concerns feel free to call me at 704 292 5751
heatherl1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22nd March 2013, 03:19 PM   #26
Step By Step Success
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Casavant View Post
I will say I bought Roger Langille's basic training a few months ago. So I will say a few things. Yes, the "link" to go to Amazon is an affiliate cookie. You can actually see who the affiliate is if you try hard enough. I believe it is one of his family members that he mentions in one of the videos. It is almost like putting affiliate links in a free eBook. The person is going to Amazon anyhow...why not go through an affiliate link that does not affect you one bit. Once I found out it was an affiliate link gateway, I still continued to use it cause that's how I roll. Now I use a friends Amazon affiliate gateway since he lost his job and his wife is terminally ill.

But the fact is that the method actually does work. Works pretty well too. But with me, I am trying to focus on other things right now. I found one product that sells about once or twice a month, I would make around $11 profit each time and the listing would cost $0.50. So that's not bad I think. The 2 months I did it, I only did around 20 listings. Half were 30 day ads which cost $0.50 a piece. The other half were free 7 day ads. (You get 50 free 7 day ads each month from ebay). A few times the 30 day ads would sell and would have to relist the item.

I made around $80 profit after around $5.00 for listing fees and several more dollars for ebay fees.

So, I did in fact make money and it was super easy. This alone puts it ahead of many trashy WSOs I have seen around. As to doing this long term.... ehhh not sure if that's a great idea. as people have mentioned about losing their amazon and ebay accounts, but at least I got a return on my investment and more and could set it back in motion by even just relisting the few sellers I did have.

Character or methods aside, I made money. Just now I am focused on other projects.
I also bought Roger's basic training. Honestly, I did make some money, but not enough to make it worth it.
Half of the time the amazon price would go up and I would end up losing.
Right now, I am pretty much sick of it.
If you were to do this, it requires a lot of time because you will have to list thousands of items and be constantly dealing with ordering in order to make anything decent.
When it comes to the legal part of drop shipping from amazon. It doesn't really surprise me that it's against amazon's TOS. Overall, I'm done.
triplethemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24th March 2013, 09:24 PM   #27
Ninja Warrior
War Room Member
 
celenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 160
Thanks: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherl1809 View Post
Thanks for the support Rob. I could not build the site on my own so the affiliate link of the builder was there as payment for the site. In the new training site there is no affiliate link there. Keep rocking...cheers
I would like the link to this new site, so that I can take a look at it...I am really interested in this, love Hitesh's webinar.
celenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th March 2013, 02:37 PM   #28
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethemoney View Post
I also bought Roger's basic training. Honestly, I did make some money, but not enough to make it worth it.
Half of the time the amazon price would go up and I would end up losing.
Right now, I am pretty much sick of it.
If you were to do this, it requires a lot of time because you will have to list thousands of items and be constantly dealing with ordering in order to make anything decent.
When it comes to the legal part of drop shipping from amazon. It doesn't really surprise me that it's against amazon's TOS. Overall, I'm done.
It seems to me that in order for this to work (according to what I saw on Roger's webinar) you have to find items that make a good margin of profit in terms of the cost at amazon vs the price you can sell it for at ebay. If you sell for little margin then, no, it's not going to be worth it.

How hard is it to find items that sell for a good margin of profit? I would guess the problem and key to the thing is to find those items.

So I am guessing you looked for such items with a good margin and could not find any? Or did you just do it quickly and not do much in terms of searching for those higher-margin items?
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th March 2013, 03:09 PM   #29
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

And there in was one of my issues.

He doesn't go into finding any market worth and finding any profitability off that market worth. He advocates selling items blindly from suppliers basically utilizing their prices without going into a deductions versus actual market worth of the items using basic economic principles that are VITAL to any business.

It's dangerous to look at an item and say: "This is selling on eBay for higher than it's selling on Amazon - I must make a profit off of it, then". Because it's not as simple as that.

A lot of people sell on eBay, only to realize that they took a loss on the item AFTER they sold it.

In fact, on poster above us indicated:

"I also bought Roger's basic training. Honestly, I did make some money, but not enough to make it worth it.
Half of the time the amazon price would go up and I would end up losing."

This constant vigilance on a 'moving cost to acquire' wouldn't be an attractive business model for me, at all.

I prefer to know EXACTLY what my profit is BEFORE I acquire, list, sell, ship, or even approach an item. Data and numbers don't lie, and 'stick-a-finger-in-the-wind' approaches can be fatal to businesses.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th March 2013, 08:52 PM   #30
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
And there in was one of my issues.

He doesn't go into finding any market worth and finding any profitability off that market worth. He advocates selling items blindly from suppliers basically utilizing their prices without going into a deductions versus actual market worth of the items using basic economic principles that are VITAL to any business.

It's dangerous to look at an item and say: "This is selling on eBay for higher than it's selling on Amazon - I must make a profit off of it, then". Because it's not as simple as that.

A lot of people sell on eBay, only to realize that they took a loss on the item AFTER they sold it.

In fact, on poster above us indicated:

"I also bought Roger's basic training. Honestly, I did make some money, but not enough to make it worth it.
Half of the time the amazon price would go up and I would end up losing."

This constant vigilance on a 'moving cost to acquire' wouldn't be an attractive business model for me, at all.

I prefer to know EXACTLY what my profit is BEFORE I acquire, list, sell, ship, or even approach an item. Data and numbers don't lie, and 'stick-a-finger-in-the-wind' approaches can be fatal to businesses.
But if, as I said, the product being sold is being sold at a much higher price - say there is a $30-40+ gap - then wouldn't one be very likely to make money off it and not lose? And what if one seeks out products that a) often sell on ebay for a certain price and b) are available always at a cheaper price ?

Seems to me this can work, and I suspect there is one of 2 (or more) reasons if it doesn't work:
1) people are not doing the research to find those high-profit items that don't tend to fluctuate in price
2) it is extremely (near impossible?) to find such items.

Roger did show some examples on his webinar of such items. I would not be surprised if those were hand picked ahead of time, but it did prove that such items do exist. I guess the thing to do would be to search diligently for such items and if you can't find them, then don't do this business.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th March 2013, 12:11 AM   #31
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 147
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I have used Rogers method and i have made money. There are quite a few people selling Amazon items on Ebay and finding products to sell is fairly easy. The biggest problem I see with the method is the sales tax.

Shipping to a state that charges sales tax can turn your $10 profit into a loss. As more cash strapped states look for new sources of revenue, I can definitely see more of them trying to collect tax on Amazon purchases.
SerpSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th March 2013, 12:12 AM   #32
Troy
War Room Member
 
Fraggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 839
Thanked 575 Times in 367 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Casavant View Post
Yes, the "link" to go to Amazon is an affiliate cookie. You can actually see who the affiliate is if you try hard enough. I believe it is one of his family members that he mentions in one of the videos. It is almost like putting affiliate links in a free eBook. The person is going to Amazon anyhow...why not go through an affiliate link that does not affect you one bit.
Because that's against Amazon's Associates Program Operating Agreement?
Fraggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th March 2013, 09:23 AM   #33
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I just wanted to add a few comments....

I bought the basic and advanced ebay training from Roger, I've gone through entire training, read many of the forum comments and am certain this model is viable - and i'm also certain that Roger has successfully used this model and made money. You can just tell he know what he's doing....He offers to anyone his email and phone number for any issue that comes up - including the "amazon prime" issue - that means a lot to me.

Also, as Roger mentioned, Amazon is just the tip of the iceberg - if you think a little outside of the box, the sky is the limit.

Two other things...I am a big fan of Hitesh's - he is one of the few straight up guys I've found in IM - if he says something, I pay attention. So his endorsement means a lot to me...

Finally, I checked out one of the ebay sellers that Roger mentioned - the one that auctiondebteliminator says had crappy feedback because of the Amazon box. His rating is over 99%. And of the thousands of buyer ratings, I only saw a few comments on the amazon box. That's pretty insignificant. It really is about the customer service..

yeah - the brown box-affiliate issue didn't impress me too much - be he owns it and notes that you can just use a friends affiliate...

I'm going to run with it...better than most things I've seen around here!
lbaldwin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th March 2013, 09:46 AM   #34
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbaldwin09 View Post
I just wanted to add a few comments....

I bought the basic and advanced ebay training from Roger, I've gone through entire training, read many of the forum comments and am certain this model is viable - and i'm also certain that Roger has successfully used this model and made money. You can just tell he know what he's doing....He offers to anyone his email and phone number for any issue that comes up - including the "amazon prime" issue - that means a lot to me.

Also, as Roger mentioned, Amazon is just the tip of the iceberg - if you think a little outside of the box, the sky is the limit.

Two other things...I am a big fan of Hitesh's - he is one of the few straight up guys I've found in IM - if he says something, I pay attention. So his endorsement means a lot to me...

Finally, I checked out one of the ebay sellers that Roger mentioned - the one that auctiondebteliminator says had crappy feedback because of the Amazon box. His rating is over 99%. And of the thousands of buyer ratings, I only saw a few comments on the amazon box. That's pretty insignificant. It really is about the customer service..

yeah - the brown box-affiliate issue didn't impress me too much - be he owns it and notes that you can just use a friends affiliate...

I'm going to run with it...better than most things I've seen around here!
I thank you for the comments,

However - let me remind you exactly HOW significant that issue is. It's not the 99 percent feedback that's the issue - It's the DSRs that are the bigger issue.

That particular seller is not a Top-Rated powerseller, which means that they do not qualify for a 20 percent discount on their final value fees.

Now, I'm just running a VERY rough estimate here - but they have a feedback score of 40772 as of this posting.

Let's assume that they sold 1000 items this month (a number derived from their feedback - since not everyone left them feedback but the number they DID receive is 873- with 12 of that neutral, and 12 of that negative.)

From their completed listings research, it looks as though the average-ish price of their items sold is about 80 dollars.

That means, that with the disqualification of the Top-Rated powerseller badge from their customer service incapacity they are losing around (on a 80 dollar sale) $1.46.

When you sell 1000 items, that is $1460 - which is quite significant.

If you multiply that with JUST the feedback they've received, that's a loss of $59,527.12

Not everyone has left them feedback - so their loss is much higher.

However, on his higher market items which they have sold - they're losing almost 6 dollars a sale.

Given that feedback isn't left by a large number of people, it is likely that the estimation is much higher in the lost income.

In short - it is a VERY big deal if you cannot sell items and qualify for the final value fee discount. It means a loss in revenue, rankings, and credibility.

To this day, I still haven't received a negative feedback.

Well, that's not fair to say - I HAVE, but it hasn't been anything I have't been able to work with the buyer and have them modify. You can always turn a negative feedback into a positive experience for the buyer to where they come back over and over.

(Here's a great article on it

Forget blame game: Free returns can increase online purchases 357% - Business on NBCNews.com

Additionally, you need to know the market worths of your items - the deductions, and the profitability of them so that you can MAXIMIZE your profits, sell 100% of your items and rank higher than your competition.

There is no reason to ever take a loss or to 'guess' on how much you'll make - and there is certainly no reason to not qualify for great discounts on items while you're burying your competition in rankings.

That's why eBay rewards you with discounts and rankings when you can deliver on great customer service.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26th March 2013, 10:05 AM   #35
www.JeffBurritt.com
War Room Member
 
Jeff Burritt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Earth for now
Posts: 354
Blog Entries: 28
Thanks: 110
Thanked 329 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Here's a different perspective:

I have spoken with Roger on several occasions. He is not a newbie. He knows something about marketing. He is not afraid to be successful.

Unfortunately, a lot of people on this forum are just too afraid to ever stick their neck out for anything. Whether or not Roger is the dropshipping guru is irrelevant. He's got a good track record of helping people believe in a system and take action. This is the most important thing you must do to have any success in anything. Believe in it enough to actually go do it.

I personally recommended a lady to Roger's course. She was desperately seeking a way to make extra income. She asked me if I thought his $47 course was worth it, and I told her 'yes, if she actually took action.' Well a few weeks later she personally called and told me that she was selling a few items and making money. Not a lot of money, but so what. She was so excited to be having some success in IM.

So, while I wasn't personally excited about the potential amounts she was aspiring to with the techniques Roger teaches, it certainly gave her realistic hope based upon her profits thus far.
Jeff Burritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st March 2013, 12:08 PM   #36
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

I rarely post here, only when I have problems (like my sniper/EMD sites)... due to my very limited time to do IM, I'm getting impatient with sniping and SEO (although I'm making money already but not enough to quit my day job)

That is why today, I'm really thinking of buying the basic&advance training of Roger. He was endorsed by Hitesh whom I recently bought a good SEO training. So I thought Roger's training is also good but I was surprised that there are negative feedback against Roger... now I'm having second thoughts... still weighing both positive and negative feedbacks.
jsanmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st March 2013, 10:30 PM   #37
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbaldwin09 View Post
[EDIT]

I'm going to run with it...better than most things I've seen around here!
Hey thanks for your comments.
I do hope you will come back here to this thread and let us know how it is working out for you from time to time.

I am still interested but so far the only feedback I've seen from people using it are people who apparently just bought the "basic" training and are operating on a very low profit margin and not making much money with that system.

Can you tell me what is the difference between Advanced and Basic training?

Does Roger cover specific ways to find larger margin items to sell?

Again, please keep us informed as to how your new business goes. I have an ebay account with very good feedback though I haven't used it for a long time and have never used it "professionally" - just to sell used items from time to time. But I don't want to ruin my feedback with a dodgy system so I need to hear someone's feedback re the advanced training and whether it actually WORKS or not, before I buy Roger's system.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 31st March 2013, 10:37 PM   #38
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
I thank you for the comments,

However - let me remind you exactly HOW significant that issue is. It's not the 99 percent feedback that's the issue - It's the DSRs that are the bigger issue.

That particular seller is not a Top-Rated powerseller, which means that they do not qualify for a 20 percent discount on their final value fees.

Now, I'm just running a VERY rough estimate here - but they have a feedback score of 40772 as of this posting.

Let's assume that they sold 1000 items this month (a number derived from their feedback - since not everyone left them feedback but the number they DID receive is 873- with 12 of that neutral, and 12 of that negative.)

From their completed listings research, it looks as though the average-ish price of their items sold is about 80 dollars.

That means, that with the disqualification of the Top-Rated powerseller badge from their customer service incapacity they are losing around (on a 80 dollar sale) $1.46.

When you sell 1000 items, that is $1460 - which is quite significant.

If you multiply that with JUST the feedback they've received, that's a loss of $59,527.12

Not everyone has left them feedback - so their loss is much higher.

However, on his higher market items which they have sold - they're losing almost 6 dollars a sale.

Given that feedback isn't left by a large number of people, it is likely that the estimation is much higher in the lost income.

In short - it is a VERY big deal if you cannot sell items and qualify for the final value fee discount. It means a loss in revenue, rankings, and credibility.

To this day, I still haven't received a negative feedback.

Well, that's not fair to say - I HAVE, but it hasn't been anything I have't been able to work with the buyer and have them modify. You can always turn a negative feedback into a positive experience for the buyer to where they come back over and over.

(Here's a great article on it

Forget blame game: Free returns can increase online purchases 357% - Business on NBCNews.com

Additionally, you need to know the market worths of your items - the deductions, and the profitability of them so that you can MAXIMIZE your profits, sell 100% of your items and rank higher than your competition.

There is no reason to ever take a loss or to 'guess' on how much you'll make - and there is certainly no reason to not qualify for great discounts on items while you're burying your competition in rankings.

That's why eBay rewards you with discounts and rankings when you can deliver on great customer service.
Since you have looked into this account very closely, can you please tell us how much the seller "probably" MADE in profit (ballpark figure of course)?

Seems to me that is the real issue here.

Also, am I correct that with the system you advocate a person has to buy and store a lot of items, and so not only is there the storage issue (not everyone has a big space to store items), but there is also RISK in terms of getting stuck with items that never sell or sell very slowly or don't sell for the price you hope, in order to make a good profit?

I say this not to put your system down, but rather to point out that Roger's system is completely different, does not require the risk of buying and storing items, and does not include the cost of setting up shipping, boxing, and mailing.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st April 2013, 08:16 AM   #39
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

For those who already bought the system, does it contain tips or address the issue of having a new ebay account (i.e. good number of positive feedback)? Especially an international account (outside U.S.)?

Thanks...
jsanmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1st April 2013, 07:31 PM   #40
Step By Step Success
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanmiguel View Post
For those who already bought the system, does it contain tips or address the issue of having a new ebay account (i.e. good number of positive feedback)? Especially an international account (outside U.S.)?

Thanks...
Yes, it does contain a few tips. Basically you will have to build up your selling limits.

With a new Ebay account you'll probably have a selling limit of around 10 listings per month.
In order to get higher selling limits, you'll have to phone Ebay and request higher selling limits. You'll only be able to request higher selling limits once per month and yes, they'll move you up according to how much positive feedback you've received.

When I first got started I was able to move up my selling limits to 40 listings per month right away and then the next month I got it moved up to 100.

As for having an international account, that's what I have. The system doesn't really say much about the international side of things, however, when I first got started, I made the mistake of listing items on the Canada Ebay site (ebay.ca instead of ebay.com)
triplethemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th April 2013, 09:54 AM   #41
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 42
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 15
Thanked 135 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Roger Langille is very talented....... At SCAMMING PEOPLE!

I signed up for his eBay training program about 2 years ago. At the time, my eBay store was doing pretty well generating at least $800 profit a month, but I wanted to take it to the next level and landed on Roger's site and took the plunge.

Basically, he teaches you how to take products from amazon to list on eBay for a profit.
What he is really doing, he has a site set up called "secretbrownbox" that supposedly will tell amazon to send this package in a box WITHOUT THE AMAZON LOGO.

He is just an amazon affiliate who makes a profit of 4 - 7% every single time you buy an item through his link. Genius plan but a pure scam artist BUT WAIT!! That's not all.

Once you are a member of his eBay profit site, he will try to upsell you into this thing called "Visalus" and the minimum purchase to join is $500 & something like $200 a month.

He tells you by joining Visalus with him, you will have full access to all of his tools on how to make a killing on eBay and he will be there to coach you and walk you through everything.
Once you join Visalus, Roger tries to completely steer you off of eBay ( I guess this is so you don't find out that the truth about this plain box) & advices you to stick with Visalus instead you will make so much more money.

Genius again, when you use his amazon link he might make as much as $25 a month on your behalf but with Visalus, he WILL MAKE at least $150 a month on you.

So after a while my eBay store suffered tremendously, i went from 100% feedback score to 80% within 2 months. I was issuing refunds for 1 of every 3 products sold.
eBay clients complained because they would order from eBay, receive an amazon box and go to amazon and see that the item they bought from me on ebay was selling for $35 less on amazon.

They called me a scam artist & went to town on the feedbacks.

The war between me & Roger now, I tried to get at least my $500 Visalus refund but no reply, I tried calling, emailing and never got a reply the minute I told him I wanted out.

Roger Langille officially made at least $3000 on me alone! Between his amazon scam which I was ordering at least $10 items a day from, His visalus $500 sign up $150 a month for like 5 months & being a member of his coaching program which was something like $57 a month.

And he must of had at least 10000 people doing the same

Sorry for the looonng post I just don't want any of you out there to get sucked in by this money hungry Vampire.

Anyway, you live and you learn I'm back on eBay now and things are going very well no thanks to Roger.

Take care warriors and I hope this review was helpful & by the way as far as Visalus, I don't know how legit they are I'm just sharing my personal experience with Roger.

But I wouldn't join them anyway.

Bobby Guerrilla
Bobby Guerilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th April 2013, 12:06 PM   #42
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
WeavingThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 2,640
Thanks: 586
Thanked 260 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Not heard of they guy.
WeavingThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th April 2013, 03:02 PM   #43
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Hey Auctiondebteliminator, where'd you go? I am waiting for your reply to #38.I'd really like to know the figures you came up with on that.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th April 2013, 10:23 PM   #44
auctiondebteliminator.com
Registered Member
War Room Member
 
Auctiondebteliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 833
Thanks: 135
Thanked 360 Times in 222 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

It's a fair question to ask -

But impossible to answer - because I do not know certain variables-- one VERY important one is 'cost to acquire'.

I can't venture a guess on how much they MADE without that deduction.

However, calculating opportunity cost lost IS easy to calculate based on the 20% lost discount based on the average sold price.

This is because the eBay and Paypal fees are derived from the sold price of the item - and the acquired price isn't a factor in this.

You essentially take the difference in what the discount would have been in the 2 sales and multiply it by implied sales derived from feedback - those are based on ACTUAL numbers.
Auctiondebteliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7th April 2013, 10:50 PM   #45
Peaceful Warrior
War Room Member
 
seosoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 407
Thanks: 240
Thanked 149 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctiondebteliminator View Post
It's a fair question to ask -

But impossible to answer - because I do not know certain variables-- one VERY important one is 'cost to acquire'.

I can't venture a guess on how much they MADE without that deduction.

However, calculating opportunity cost lost IS easy to calculate based on the 20% lost discount based on the average sold price.

This is because the eBay and Paypal fees are derived from the sold price of the item - and the acquired price isn't a factor in this.

You essentially take the difference in what the discount would have been in the 2 sales and multiply it by implied sales derived from feedback - those are based on ACTUAL numbers.
Right. I see now why you can more accurately gauge the other factors.
seosoldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th April 2013, 04:00 AM   #46
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

@Bobby Guerilla Vislaus is a billion dollar company, and I taught that you should do a business like ebay, along with a residual income based business such as Visalus. It should speak volumes to you that you paid VISALUS not me when you joined of which I did make money not $500.00. Visalus also features a 30 day refund policy, and again they are a billion dollar company backed by Blyth which is a publicaly traded billion dollar company. Also Visalus has bred more 6 figure income earners in the last 18 months then any company in the world (700 of them).

Now as for the silly other comments, I will happily put any person on here on any private webinar with me, let them choose the starting item, and will find them products with significant profit. In fact I am fully willing to drop any wager on it if you like, lets say $5000.00 for fun, if you are not willing to escrow money and enter into this webinar, then kindly do not post anymore

I will also happily open dated posts, emails etc, detailing where the designer of my training site had the link up for affiliate money from amazon(no affiliate program available in North Carolina), as an added bonus, we can look at my training center, where I explain this, and removed the secretbrownbox link. Now lets recap

(1) $5000.00 wager to escrow money, we hop on a webinar, you give me a starting place on amazon, and within 60 minutes I will show you at least 1000.00 in profits on items the previous week sold on amazon

(2) We can check dated emails on the mystery of "the secretbrown box"

(3) We can look at Visalus' return policy, and check several ebay sellers accounts I have trained (they will all have the same notations in their descriptions ) and check to see their feedback scores are glowing.


Best I can do, have a great day.
heatherl1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13th April 2013, 04:06 AM   #47
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Im too lazy to read all of the posts, but feedback for a seller is posted at 33% , which will lend to the theory of DSR's costing money, and of course DSR's are calculated month to month, so you cannot determine which months they qualified and didnt qualify, but lets throw that out the window. Nowback to reality, 40,000 feedback times 3 will be there approx sales, or 120,000 sales, multiply that times 3 (I teach minimum profit of $3.00) that will be the income of a real life worker who makes 50k a year for working 7 years
heatherl1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16th April 2013, 01:52 PM   #48
ATL
Banned
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 110
Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Warning on Langille. He's just an overall shady dude. I bought his course last year. Actually he had it listed on his website as a free ebay course. There was a contact form but you had to leave your phone number. Out of desperation I left my number and he did call. He asked how much money I had to invest which is an ok question. He then said that he only wanted to work with a limited number of people and also I would need to sign up under him in the Visalus MLM company that he is a member of before getting access to the ebay training. A little different approach but I thought it was ok since it would be the same thing as me buying the ebay course for the price of the Visalus MLM opportunity which was around $500. Langille said he would have to call me back because he had meetings or something to go to and didn't let me know on the spot if I could get on with the Visalus which would give me the ebay training. I decided to test Langille and had my girlfriend submit her name and number into his contact form on his website. How about he called in a few minutes and gave her the same spill. Here I was desperate and broke and Langille decides to run some time delay game on me. I still ended up getting the course eventually by signing up to his Visalus MLM. Turned out the EBay course by Langille was not white hat. It was gray hat which is black hat to me because I don't lie to people. Langille states that when someone wants a refund to make up a story about you've been checking into the issue with the postal service for them and everything will be ok. Then he said to tell them the box is all damaged and send them a picture of some google image of a damaged product box. I don't roll like that and don't lie to people so that turned me off. To add to it, Langille ebay program is against Amazons TOS. They clearly state that you can't use the images of there products to sell them elsewhere. Langille wants you to steal the photo from Amazon and put it on EBAY. Looks like a lot of people are stealing images but I want everything I do to be on the up and up. Long story short proceed with caution and I wouldn't do it unless you like lying and light weight theft….I want to know from this guy with the auction eliminator if his system is WHITE HAT or not. Where are you getting you ITems to sell? Are you stealing images? Are you breaking anyones TOS? Let me know before I by and I would suggest everyone else on here to demand these answers before dropping the $47 bucks on Debt Eliminators course….#We Are Waiting!
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16th April 2013, 04:33 PM   #49
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

As someone who has first-hand experience with AuctionDebtEliminator's course, I can tell you that is is nearly the EXACT OPPOSITE of Roger Langille's course. He doesn't teach you to steal images, he doesn't teach you to break Amazon's or eBay's TOS, or anything grey (or black) hat. In fact, his main interests are in creating a honest, self-perpetuating eBay business and avoiding even the POSSIBILITY of having a banned eBay account!

Here's a word-of-warning, though. It's not dropshipping! And I'm actually glad it's not! He shows how much more profitable his method is based on data, and numbers.

Another thing I like is that it takes WORK. That's one way I knew it was more legitimate than other snake-oil salesman. He didn't make any silly promises about 'getting rich quick'. Any legitimate business requires work, and sacrifice - not sitting-on-the-couch-waiting-for-success-to-come-to-you.

Don't sign up for the AuctionDebtEliminator program if you're looking to sit and wait for money appear magically out of thin air.

Count me as a very satisfied customer. And I've been around eBay for a long, long time - even working for eBay as a TSAM (Top Seller Account Manager).

Last edited by sarecyclebiz; 16th April 2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: remove personal info
sarecyclebiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16th April 2013, 11:05 PM   #50
Troy
War Room Member
 
Fraggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,998
Thanks: 839
Thanked 575 Times in 367 Posts
Default Re: Roger Langille?

Yeah, AuctionDebtEliminator's course provides a good entry into how eBay works and their ranking works. It shows you how to pre-qualify a product to maximise your chance of selling it at an expected/desired profit. It also shows you that you don't have to compete against the stupidly priced products. It isn't a product/niche discovery course but what it does it does well.
Fraggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings

Bookmarks

Tags
langille, roger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.