Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace (http://www.warriorforum.com/)
-   Internet Marketing Product Reviews & Ratings (http://www.warriorforum.com/internet-marketing-product-reviews-ratings/)
-   -   Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark? (http://www.warriorforum.com/internet-marketing-product-reviews-ratings/760938-any-experiance-amazon-selling-machine-matt-clark.html)

ChrisWF 16th May 2013 12:52 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Some Info from the ASM course:

- Over 1600 members signed up
- 87% stayed til the end
- First success stories coming in
- Finally UPS is delivering my products to an Amazon Warehouse. Tracking says Today :)
- There is a live event in two weeks. Only course members are allowed. 700+ will come

This model works.
Forget the negative People here in the forum. They are probably from the 13% refunders group.

Back to work. Have some promotions to do.

Chris

P.S.
If you are from the US, then go with Jim Cockrums PAC (Proven Amazon Course) for now. You will learn the FBA part very well and will be ready when the ASM course (or a follow up) will come along in the future (next year?).

milla04 16th May 2013 04:39 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenwarrior (Post 8075297)
The blind leading the blind for the most part :D

I tend to avoid negative people but on this occasion I wanted to say something. I dont know if you are dead against the business model or the course.

One thing made me laugh though when you said "this is hard work." well, dur, any business worth making money from SHOULD BE HARD WORK.

Unless you have found a push button method, if that were the case I am sure you would be rich selling it to everyone. (maybe you are):p

The facts are, yes this business model is "HARD WORK" damn hard, that is why I love it, because the return is massive.

Let me point out, when I say hard work, its the initial setting up process getting your products, either scouting or private labeling. Once that is completed, amazon will do everything for you.

One last thing, its people like you who really gives this business model i.e FBA a bad name, which in my opinion and I am sure others say its a fantastic money earner.

JamesBoyd 16th May 2013 06:10 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
There's really not anything to talk about, if you think $3500 was good value for this course good for you, I did not, I took Jason's and Matt's advice which was try the course for 30 days and if you don't like it ask for a refund, which I did.

Matt and Jason are fine fellows but quite frankly they have not been very upfront about a few things, I guess sooner or later you will figure it out for yourself

Amazon FBA - great business model, as I have already posted!

panorama 16th May 2013 06:59 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenwarrior (Post 8080801)
Matt and Jason are fine fellows but quite frankly they have not been very upfront about a few things, I guess sooner or later you will figure it out for yourself

Amazon FBA - great business model, as I have already posted!

I'm on the same page as you. Even though the business model is solid, you're right that they haven't been upfront about things.

I'm in the loop with a couple of members and it's disappointing to see that Matt and Jason haven't been more forthcoming about what they are doing.

It wasn't that hard to find their Amazon seller accounts and, although I could be wrong, it looks like they might both be in the process of cashing out right now.

JamesBoyd 19th May 2013 03:17 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Lets see where this turkey is by thanksgiving, it could soar like an eagle but for most people I think it will land in the oven

tiger1 21st May 2013 06:56 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Ok, so as promised, here is my 60 day review. I will apologize in advance because this won't be very exciting as I am a few weeks behind.

The product I decided to start with has many sellers on Amazon claiming to be organic but none are certified organic. I decided to get my product certified organic in order to be the only seller on Amazon with that certification. I believe it will give me an edge over all of them and will certainly give me a great unique selling point.

Anyway, that process took me 4 weeks and I am just now sending my inventory to Amazon to start selling. I could have been selling weeks ago if I didn't go that route so it is my choice, not because of the program or anything else.

I am launching a second product as well and Amazon flagged it for review for being a possible restricted or hazardous product. Kind of funny as it is a basic cosmetic product. I guess something in the description flagged them and it is standard procedure. However, that put me almost 2 weeks behind.

So I have no product in inventory and it looks like it will be another week before I am up and running. I will go ahead and post another review in 30 days that should be more helpful with some real stats and figures, but here are a couple more things I have learned since the last review.

This is a lot of work and you must have a lot of patience but it does seem that most of the work is on the front end getting everything set up for the first time. After that, it is simply reordering.

The liability issue is not that big of a deal. I got a commercial policy that covers me for liability issues for less than $1000 a year. I also read a post on the members forum that someone got a policy for $500 a year.

I'll keep you updated sooner if things change before the 30 days.

Penn86 24th May 2013 02:47 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger1 (Post 8097683)
So I have no product in inventory and it looks like it will be another week before I am up and running. I will go ahead and post another review in 30 days that should be more helpful with some real stats and figures, but here are a couple more things I have learned since the last review....I'll keep you updated sooner if things change before the 30 days.

Wishing you great success Tiger1 in another product launch and looking forward to hearing about your results here. Are you doing relabeling or just reselling? Thanks.

zakizarifah 25th May 2013 03:09 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger1 (Post 8097683)

The liability issue is not that big of a deal. I got a commercial policy that covers me for liability issues for less than $1000 a year. I also read a post on the members forum that someone got a policy for $500 a year.

Thank you for the tip. How do I get the liability policy from? :confused:



Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger1 (Post 8097683)
I'll keep you updated sooner if things change before the 30 days.

Thanks you for the review. :D

benmuijaz 3rd June 2013 08:39 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by klo2383 (Post 8138323)
I have been following this post since the beginning. I feel like I made the right choice by staying away from this service. Thanks to everyone for their insight and advice.

I have decided that buying low and selling high on amazon is the best way to go (for me at least). There are descent services that help you find products. I use FBAMyLife dot com, but FBAfinds is also good. These services find products for you to buy and resell (for a price of course). But they are helpful.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Are you the same Kevin that is on FBA My Life - Home
If so, you could have come out and said just that instead saying it like you are giving a testimonial.


BM

klo2383 3rd June 2013 01:20 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by benmuijaz (Post 8138460)
Hey Kevin,

Are you the same Kevin that is on FBA My Life - Home
If so, you could have come out and said just that instead saying it like you are giving a testimonial.


BM

Sorry to make it sound like that. I am the same Kevin but I do use my own service, and I think it is great. And I did get turned on to it because of this thread.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Kevin

vbox 10th June 2013 07:40 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Here's my reply to someone in another thread, thought I'd post it here too...

well,

As someone lived in China and quite familiar with samping and shipping processes, I'd like to chim in a little,

1. Sampling does have cost, at least for first time customers who orders smaller quantity and cares 'minimum quantity' a lot. But in most cases, it's not big cost because all suppliers willing to sample for you expect to make money on the following orders, not the sample itself.

2. As for shipping. Courier is mostly used for samples, both for time reason and difficulty you will get yourself into to ship anything less then 1 cubic meter by sea, let alone all the custom clearence documents you need to cover. It's simply not worthwhile to ship sample by sea, or any smaller quantity products(considerring AMS covers mostly smaller products, 1 cubic meter could be thousands).

3. I'd recommend everyone consider the shipping factor in sourcing products. Personally I would strongly tend to look into smallest and lightest products which could still make a profit by courier shipping, it'll save tons of trouble to everything.

Lastly, since I'm very much interested in this program and I have missed the time to join, if anyone in the course is interested in JV with me, feel free to let me know. Since I'm in China, I could get you anything in a better term as a local. I could even do it free, if you let me understand how you sell it well throgh AMS so we help each other to succeed. :)

PM me if anyone is interested.

JamesBoyd 11th June 2013 09:50 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Less than 2 weeks after their course has ended I can't believe these guys are now promoting a big ticket drop shipping course to their members after telling them at the start of ASM that drop shipping was a stupid idea, it's quite hard to believe anything these guys say

sagbee 11th June 2013 09:55 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
seriously ?? Now that was a turning point.... I thought Matt was a serious guy... can you show me where you see this ?

JamesBoyd 11th June 2013 11:24 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagbee (Post 8165811)
can you show me where you see this ?

You are obviously not on any of their mailing lists or you would have been hit several times by now

If you want to see what is being promoted just Google something like

big brown box Ezra Firestone

perswealth 11th June 2013 05:59 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Well these guru types do that a lot. They take a stand on a certain issue/strategy, then do a complete 360 when it suits them (product launch, selling an affiliate product, etc.,). It's almost like they forget what they tell there readers, or think they won't remember.

Remember Ryan Deiss with the SEO thing? Bashes it to the hilt, then comes out with his own SEO product (i forget the name of it). I can name 4 others right off the top of my head that did the same thing, but you get the point. I don't hate them when i see them do it, I just think it's funny.

JamesBoyd 11th June 2013 06:20 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by perswealth (Post 8167294)
Remember Ryan Deiss with the SEO thing?

This guy would try and sell a big ticket course on how to suck eggs to his grandmother if he though he could get away with it, he's the king of the u turn, I agree you have to laugh!

jimzimm 12th June 2013 06:32 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagbee (Post 8165811)
seriously ?? Now that was a turning point.... I thought Matt was a serious guy... can you show me where you see this ?

Here is the email I received:

Matt Clark support@amazingsellingmachine.com via moon-ray.com
6:00 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
Wow! The webinar we're doing with Ezra Firestone
about his Brown Box Formula program is about 93%
full already.

Today (Wednesday), you'll likely start getting
hammered by people promoting Ezra's course.

Trust me, you want to WAIT until you hear what we
have to say (and offer) on the webinar first.

Remember, I just sold an ecommerce business
for 6 figures a few months ago.

I know what it takes to get results FAST with this model.

I HIGHLY recommend you go register for it right now...

==> Click here to secure your spot

Don't worry, if the Thursday at 6PM EST time doesn't
work for you, we'll mail you out a replay.

To Your Success,

Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback
Amazing Selling Machine

P.S. You don't want to miss this opportunity to tap into
three minds that are all doing this REAL business model

Mike Parkin 16th June 2013 12:55 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
It may well have been overpriced but did anyone follow their plan and get a private label product ranking and selling in reasonable volume?

panorama 17th June 2013 08:12 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphers (Post 8185095)
Hi,

I am in many nitches and only followed partially what Matt and Jason preached in the ASM Course. I quit my day job and sell on Amazon full time. I started with Retail Arbitrage and wholesale to get into the game SUPER FAST. Now I am slowing selling off most of this stuff and replacing it with Private Label and New Wholesale Products as this is alot less work in the long run, and I control my products/listings. My most successful and profitable products are Private Label and some Wholesale. There is SOO much information in the course that I haven't even done half of it, or used their tools yet. I'm still working up to that while still managing my inventory.

These guys don't just teach how to sell on Amazon, but want you to expand and grow outside of Amazon and build huge empires from brands you create all over the internet.

Side note, they are opening the doors again in October, visit the Facebook Launch Event @ https://www.facebook.com/events/498865126848262/ to keep up to date on the latest re-launch of the Amazing Selling Machine Course.

I know these guys are going to fine-tune it more and more as the current group learns more and more and shares it with everyone!

Morphers, is that your Facebook event and are you using it to promote the course as an an affiliate when it relaunches?

JamesBoyd 18th June 2013 03:09 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphers (Post 8185095)
Side note, they are opening the doors again in October

That's all we need, another 1500 people selling spatulas and garcinia cambogia

milla04 18th June 2013 07:10 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
I have to admit it, I was one of those people who shouted and said this method/system would not work, in fact I wanted to prove a point, I bought this course to actually compare it to Proven amazon course (I am a current member of.) The problem I saw with PAC is the leg work that is required, trust me. I went out early hrs in the morning scouting and buy 20 items a day. This should not be a one man show, this is what was lacking in the course at the time, I believe it has been updated now.

Anyhow, I test run ASM for 30 days, I even spent $840 on inventory which is 160 items, and priced it at $14 ish more than my competitors, however my margin was only 28%, this was killing me (I wanted more money). So I decided to increase my price to $25. Now, I want to make this very clear, my competitors are pricing their products at $8 - $10.

I am in fact double their price. This works 2013-06-19_0151 - DarrenJM's library, as you can see within 30 days I have made my money back (well not the course money, but inventory.) I am big enough to say I was wrong. I know their are haters here, hating on this course. Well all I can say is, you keep hating, this method works and will only get better, I have been adding my own methods to really explode this.

Yes there is a lot of work to do, like write PRs, articles or create videos. But you would have to do that anyways, this is no different. In fact marketing an amazon list is much easier because you can be so aggressive on ones url. I am already ranking on two google search keywords, which is all in the course.

The only reason I am posting this here is (not to promote... But), a lot of people on WF are pure negative people, all they say are negative things. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and run with it AND believe in yourself.

Admittedly, I bought this course to create a review "NOT TO BUY," oh, well. I am sure others are going to moan in someway or another rather than make things happen.

I dont think there is any point me leaving another review on my progress, I am sure someone will have some sort of a dig. Well, good luck everyone.
Anyways enough said from me, time to leave this tread.

JamesBoyd 18th June 2013 09:22 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8189094)
I have to admit it, I was one of those people who shouted and said this method/system would not work

Buddy, you are missing the point, I've been through this course and I could teach 99% of what is important to somebody in 30 minutes or less, and you paid $3500 for this info, give me a break

milla04 19th June 2013 09:08 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
LOL, I think you are missing the point (I look forward to your WSO course then.) Putting the course content aside for now, lets take a look at the tools.

Comparing tools to what you "MAY" be using.

Aweber - $20 a month x 24month = $497 (we have an email tool linked in with amazon buyers, sending the tips or whatever)
senux - $149 a month x 24 months = $3576 (there is a tool that is the same as this)
PR distribution (not using free sites) you would pay about $20 - $50 using a WSO service - $20 x 24 months = $497
index tool $10 x 24 months = $240

As you can see for 24 months which is 2years of these types of tools you are paying well over $4k, right JamesBoyd?

As you have access to this course you have seen all the tools inside. Any marketer online needs 90% of these tools to do well online, in this course we get access to them for 2 years.

So JamesBoyd, I will give you a break, because you know best. Good luck mate

JamesBoyd 19th June 2013 09:37 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8190776)
lets take a look at the tools

The software tools that came with ASM were hyped into the stratosphere, turns out they were nothing special at all, from what I know about them they are either:

- Spammy link building tools (article marketing)
- Non effective (PR tool)
- Full of bugs (email tool)
- Just a complete waste your your time

It's only a matter of time before Amazon does a wholesale ban of accounts for trying to game their review system, you don't really think you are smarter than Amazon do you?

ChrisWF 19th June 2013 09:49 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
This course works.
See my Sales Summary

Thats sales not profit.
I've been testing PPC traffic right now and for the last 2 Days I've managed to double my PPC money. :)
Now I'm ramping up my budget.

To be honest, this course isn't doable with only a $100 budget.
You need to buy Inventory, Articles, Press Releases, Label-Design, Logo-Design, more Inventory...
Thats all not cheap and you could easily end up paying another $3.000 on top of the course before you have your first Item sold (just ask my wife).

You need to work a lot and you will need more time than 4 weeks to see your first sales.

But it really works and you can build a long term business out of this.
Currently I'm working on my second product. It will hit the Amazon Warehouse in about 3-4 weeks.
Building your own brand of products on Amazon is really cool. :cool:

milla04 19th June 2013 09:54 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
I did write a long message (I deleted it), but I do not have the time or strength to get in a pissing match with you now. I am sure the community respects your view point on things and good luck to them.

At the end of the day, people buy products to make from and build a long term business. Wam-bam thank you sam. See you a round

tiger1 21st June 2013 07:59 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
As promised, here is my 90 day review:


First, I apologize to those that posted questions asking me for answers. I don’t really check this thread frequently and didn’t subscribe to it because I already get way too many emails and don’t want to get distracted.


For the person that asked if I was private labeling, yes that is what I am doing and what the course teaches. If you sell someone else’s product, you will be at the mercy of a price war and your profit margins will be extremely limited, so I only recommend going the private labeling route because you are the only seller and can dictate your price and profit margins without someone undercutting you.


To answer the liability insurance question, I already had a policy covering my local business so I just added private label products to that policy. I would recommend you find a local insurance broker, not a big brand insurance company because a local broker will shop several companies to get you the best rate.


As previously stated, it took me a little longer than normal to get my product up and running. I’ve only been live for about a month now, maybe a little less. It looks like I’m going to make about $500 my first month in net profits. Nothing to write home about but that can’t really be blamed on the system.


I have a local business that pays my bills and I have to dedicate most of my time to that. I am doing this in my spare time. I also have two kids and volunteer at my church and those 3 things are my priority, although not in that order of course (Family and church comes first).


Basically all I have done up to this point is the initial research, sourcing the products and getting them listed on Amazon and in my FBA inventory. I have not had the time to do any of the promotional work. My second product just went live yesterday so up to now, I have only listed one product.


To me, it shows a lot of promise if I’m making $500 a month off of one product by just listing it and doing nothing else.


I have come to the realization that I can’t do all of the promotion myself so I have hired some outsourcers to help me with that. It looks like I will only need them for a month per product and I will have everything completed since most of it is all up front work. If you have a decent amount of spare time, you could do it yourself and not need to outsource it but my situation is different.


I will come back and give another review after I have implemented all of the promotional and traffic building work. Hopefully the next review will report more impressive numbers.

JamesBoyd 22nd June 2013 02:04 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Making $500-3000 per month per product is a realistic goal using this system, after doing a huge amount of work per product, I think $1000 is going to be the average

What I object to is the super hype implying that you are going to be making $100k/month while on vacation in Paris after a few months in this business, doing little more than logging in and reordering inventory

It is necessary to post counter hype otherwise too many hard working people who can ill afford it get taken to the cleaners by very sharp and smooth talking internet marketers

It really puzzles me why so many people get upset when someone actually posts the truth, as opposed to hype

milla04 23rd June 2013 05:24 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
James yes I agree with you on a couple points, the promotional videos looks hyped up, and yes its made out you dont need to do any work. However, J&M have always said (on webinars), its hard work (if you have never experienced this before) just like any business when to get things moving, plus its on the high price. I know many well known marketers who charge double the price and ship their product - (I can recall a launch happening last year around video marketing). The facts are, this business model will make people money (a big statement, I know) "ONLY" if one puts the work in.

I dont know where you get those figures from $500 - $1000 a month, anyhow, I am sure most people in this forum wouldnt mind an extra $500 -$1000 profit in their bank account each month.

I got paid from Amazon on the 17th June $900ish, and already (not even a week gone yet) I have $500 in my account wanting to be sent out. Take whatever you want from that, but this is within my first 7 weeks of my product being live.

For whatever reason this business model did not fit you, thats fine. There are many people who are having success with this model, including me.

JamesBoyd 23rd June 2013 07:18 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8202508)
For whatever reason this business model did not fit you

You obviously have not read this thread recently, I already posted a few times that this is a good business model, I am doing it right now and making money, the problem is the ASM course was not very good and about 5x over priced, in my opinion. The forum they set up had thousands of questions posted in it... and the reason was because the course just glossed over everything, a lot of cute 5-10 minute videos for the most part

Jim Cockrum 24th June 2013 12:15 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Selling on Amazon via FBA is a fantastic biz model. You don't need ANYONE'S course to get started. FBA is a simple biz model and I'm seeing lives changed daily b/c of it. I'd hate to think that the "noise" of this thread has caused anyone to back off from the basics.

Get started here right on Amazon's site:

Amazon.com Help: Fulfillment by Amazon

There are plenty of Amazon FBA success stories that start out with that link, and a little creative work...no course, no help, no guru.

JamesBoyd 24th June 2013 10:02 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8202508)
I dont know where you get those figures from $500 - $1000 a month

From my experience and others, some simple maths and a lot of common sense

After taking into account products costs, shipping, Amazon commission, FBA fee's, ad costs, logo design, label design, domain and hosting fee's, legal fee's etc you are doing well if you can make $10 net profit per sale

Selling 50 to 300 units a month is realistic, you only have to monitor a few products to see how many are selling, I'm talking average here, once in a while somebody will do much better, and a lot much worse if you choose the wrong product

JamesBoyd 4th July 2013 09:34 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro111 (Post 8229169)
There are people who have gone full speed ahead and invested in the thousands to fulfill the course recommendations, only to find that their product is sitting in Amazon warehouses, with little to no sales. Yes, overpriced

This is just further confirmation that a lot of what was/is taught in this course was not based on facts, just wishful thinking based on results the promoters had obtained for some "unique" products that don't carry over into general categories

milla04 4th July 2013 02:40 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBoyd (Post 8207328)
From my experience and others, some simple maths and a lot of common sense

After taking into account products costs, shipping, Amazon commission, FBA fee's, ad costs, logo design, label design, domain and hosting fee's, legal fee's etc you are doing well if you can make $10 net profit per sale

Selling 50 to 300 units a month is realistic, you only have to monitor a few products to see how many are selling, I'm talking average here, once in a while somebody will do much better, and a lot much worse if you choose the wrong product

You dont really need to pay for ads. I create videos, and 80% of them are in the top 10 already. Although, if one wants instant traffic it is understandable.
Logo design, label design and domain and hosting, you surprise me to include these as they are a ONE time fee, a part from hosting ($10 a month or less). I got my label and logo completed for $50 off fiver.


Legal fees?? Wow... Granted, I paid less than $200 to incorporate my business which is set for 12 months until renewal. With that said, one is not required to incorporate a business because one could be a sole proprietor, so once one has made their money reinvest it back.

Based on what I have stated above its clear one can make 30 - 60% profit on each item.

I understand this course is pricey, but lack of content?? :D I find that laughable, more than 60% of members are making money FACT ;), including me who has never experienced private labeling.

panorama 4th July 2013 03:13 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8244151)
Wow, if this is what you are doing, no wander you are losing money.
Amazon commissions + FBA fees? Really, if you are going to post, please post FACTS. FBA fees is 15% That is it.

I've actually changed my position on Amazing Selling Machine and would now recommend it after doing more research, but your statement above is flat out wrong.


Amazon Commission is 15% of the sales price, but FBA fees are an additional cost. It's a minimum of about $2.50 per order, but can be higher depending on a couple of factors. On a $25 item, that's another 10% in fees.

milla04 4th July 2013 04:21 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by panorama (Post 8244242)
It's a minimum of about $2.50 per order, but can be higher depending on a couple of factors. On a $25 item, that's another 10% in fees.

Haha, I just doubled checked, and yes you are right. My item is selling @ $25 with a profit margin of $19 ish after amazon fees. So the additional 10% you mentioned is not correct in my case.

All the best

panorama 4th July 2013 09:24 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8244395)
Haha, I just doubled checked, and yes you are right. My item is selling @ $25 with a profit margin of $19 ish after amazon fees. So the additional 10% you mentioned is not correct in my case.

All the best

First, I'm not sure how you can say $2.42 in fulfillment fees is not about 10% on a $25 item.

Second, there is absolutely no way your profit margin could be $19ish on a $25 product unless you sourced and shipped your product for free.


Amazon fees alone would be at least $6.17 for Non-Media products.


Amazon Commission (15% of $25.00): $3.75
FBA Fees (assuming a small, lightweight product): $2.42.
Total: $6.17


Net Proceeds BEFORE product costs: $18.83.


As I mentioned earlier, I changed my position and would actually recommend ASM at this point, but you'll lose credibility here with comments like this.

milla04 5th July 2013 01:53 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
With all due respect, I share information at the goodness of my heart AND earnings. It's up to me how much I reveal. To be quite honest I am not bothered if people want to believe me or not, the facts ARE after amazon fees I bank $19, FACT. PLUS I ship within the USA.

If you want to do a comparison. Lets do that with ASM, no problem.
I think most people think China is the only location in the world, go figure.

If you are apart of AMS, you would have seen my blog posts within the forum group on my earns and costs journey from start to present, FACT.

UPDATE: after thinking about what I have written, I decided to post margin. This is because of panorama indirectly calling me a lair. From now on I hope this puts all the nasty critics to bed. http://screencast.com/t/0uns55Cj as you can see, it clearly states $19.

panorama 5th July 2013 06:25 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8245318)
With all due respect, I share information at the goodness of my heart AND earnings. It's up to me how much I reveal. To be quite honest I am not bothered if people want to believe me or not, the facts ARE after amazon fees I bank $19, FACT. PLUS I ship within the USA.

If you want to do a comparison. Lets do that with ASM, no problem.
I think most people think China is the only location in the world, go figure.

If you are apart of AMS, you would have seen my blog posts within the forum group on my earns and costs journey from start to present, FACT.

UPDATE: after thinking about what I have written, I decided to post margin. This is because of panorama indirectly calling me a lair. From now on I hope this puts all the nasty critics to bed. 2013-07-05_0908 - DarrenJM's library as you can see, it clearly states $19.

Actually, your screenshot exactly proves my point. Your proceeds after Amazon fees are about $19, but this doesn't take your product or shipping costs into account. So...unless you are getting your product for free and having it shipped to Amazon's warehouses for free, your profit margin is not $19. You may want to re-read my prior post.

Oh, and I'm not calling you a liar...I'm just saying you're wrong. There's a difference.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I'm on pace to do $20k this month...mostly from private label product. While it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to selling on Amazon.

milla04 5th July 2013 06:46 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
First off, that is great news you are doing very well with private labeling. Secondly, I think this is a conversation on much to do about nothing (spiting hairs.) With that being said, you may have missed it, but let me point it out to you, quote:
"Amazon fees alone would be at least $6.17 for Non-Media products.


Amazon Commission (15% of $25.00): $3.75
FBA Fees (assuming a small, lightweight product): $2.42.
Total: $6.17


Net Proceeds BEFORE product costs: $18.83. "

As you can see we were having a conversation regarding FBA fees, which I might add, its only a few .cents off my figure. Just saying...

Enough of this, the attention should be on the course and reviews, which I have posted. My time in this thread has now expired. I am sure in the foreseeable future their will be more proof from other members on their success. God bless

panorama 5th July 2013 07:20 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Please don't quote me out of context. Right below the portion of the post you quoted, I pointed out that you didn't take product costs into account, so I clearly wasn't only talking about FBA fees. Also, your original comment was:

Quote:

My item is selling @ $25 with a profit margin of $19 ish after amazon fees.
While you may think this is just "splitting hairs", describing your profit margin as before the cost of your product is flat out wrong. Im not saying you aren't profitable, but Profit Margin is NOT just Sales minus Amazon Fees. Either you weren't only talking about Amazon Fees or you don't know how to define Profit Margin.

As far as the course goes, I'm happy to discuss it, but I've already admitted that it is a worthwhile program and I would now recommend it. I had previously recommended against it, but have since changed my position.

Also, this isn't just a conversation between you and I. The thread has been viewed nearly 25,000 times, so I think it is important to be very clear when throwing numbers around.

JamesBoyd 5th July 2013 10:31 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
I'm glad panorama saved me the trouble of having to correct all the errors in milla04 post, but it all just shows the point I made previously, that after fee's, product and shipping costs you are lucky if you are going to make a net profit of $10 per unit on a typical ASM product priced at $25-30.

One of the problems with the ASM course is they started out suggesting you could sell an item for $7 and do well, obviously they had not done the math and quickly changed it to $9 after a few days, even at $9 Amazon are taking 42% in fee's, after product and shipping costs you would be lucky to make 2 bucks net profit. It was clear to me that the guys promoting this were pretty much making things up as they went along

milla04 5th July 2013 10:57 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBoyd (Post 8246686)
I'm glad panorama saved me the trouble of having to correct all the errors in milla04 post, but it all just shows the point I made previously, that after fee's, product and shipping costs you are lucky if you are going to make a net profit of $10 per unit on a typical ASM product priced at $25-30.

One of the problems with the ASM course is they started out suggesting you could sell an item for $7 and do well, obviously they had not done the math and quickly changed it to $9 after a few days, even at $9 Amazon are taking 42% in fee's, after product and shipping costs you would be lucky to make 2 bucks net profit. It was clear to me that the guys promoting this were pretty much making things up as they went along

My NET profit is margin is 52% excluding shipping fees (to amazon) product creation, FBA fees and any another fees included. You can work out the math, in my case I am making a healthy profit on a small number of units, as I increase my orders the cost of my product WILL reduce, like in any retail business, the more one buys, the cost is less.

If you are making $2 per-sale I suggest you contact your supplier or increase your price.

JamesBoyd 5th July 2013 11:13 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla04 (Post 8246753)
I am making a healthy profit on a small number of units

Not really that great but it's better than what a lot are doing, the problem with the ASM course is they sold you a race horse and delivered a donkey

panorama 5th July 2013 01:29 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
I'm going to jump in here and defend ASM a bit.

They didn't invent the model and they certainly don't know everything, but they systemized the training so that anyone with half a brain can follow along. There's a lot that people will still have to figure out for themselves though, so not everyone will be successful...unless they have the drive and financial resources to keep trying if their first product doesn't succeed.

For what it's worth, even though I've done we'll with the model for years, I launched a new product with tips from ASM and am now averaging $150 - $200 in profit per day on this new product alone. I won't credit all of this to ASM, but it did help me improve my own process a bit.

JamesBoyd 7th July 2013 07:08 AM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Enough opinions about this course have been posted for people to decide for themselves if they want to buy it when it reopens, I've made my views clear I think

Exec summary - sufficient info to get you started, not as easy or lucrative as presented, expect to have to fill in a lot of missing pieces yourself, certainly not worth anything like the asking price

Penn86 9th July 2013 06:59 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Does anyone know exactly what products the OP's are selling/sold on Amazon? I think someone on this thread said they know and I would greatly appreciate if they shared it here as that would answer a lot of questions I have. Thanks in advance.

lsf8 18th July 2013 05:04 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
I purchased this program back in March and after spending several months on research, identifying products, and interacting with manufacturers, came to the conclusion that not all that glitters is gold. Don't get me wrong, the program does offer some good information, but it really glosses over the amount of additional cost that it takes to get anything off the ground. The tutorials offered are not detailed enough to warrant the high price. I am now trying to figure out a way to obtain at least a partial refund from them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

kevmik 23rd July 2013 02:30 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
Any more updates from anyone who purchased the program? Hows your progress thus far?

HonestGuy3 28th July 2013 07:15 PM

Re: Any experiance with Amazon Selling Machine by Matt Clark?
 
@Kevmik, I would personally take a cue from lsf8's comments posted just before your's and heed the warning!!! You've been warned. Hopefully you can take the hit that this program might end up being to your bottom line.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 AM.