Is TradeBit Legit?

Profile picture of the author MeTellYou by MeTellYou Posted: 05/01/2009
Hi,

I really don't know whether or not I should actually buy from them. The link is SELL DOWNLOADS: Stock Photo Sales, Sell MP3s, Sell Software and they are selling expensive stuff at ridiculously cheap prices.

Are they ok to support?

Thanks,
Sebastian
#legit #tradebit

  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    dvduval
    Looks okay to me from a brief review. I don't see any complaints right off the bat.
  • Profile picture of the author Li Weng
    Li Weng
    The site is legit. I personally sell some products
    on it too.
  • Profile picture of the author Spiritjoy
    Spiritjoy
    They are a german site and very legit..and they pay to!
  • Profile picture of the author ExceedStandard
    ExceedStandard
    Very legit!!! Don't worry about a thing.
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    Raz
    I love to see if there is already someone who makes big bucks on Tradebit.
  • Profile picture of the author Tracy Yates
    Tracy Yates
    Raz,

    I've been using Tradebit for quite some time now. Currently, I can earn a couple hundred extra a month from my online store. Sometimes a bit more. However, if I was really applying myself to this endeavor, and not being lazy, I could earn lots more.

    Before the whole recession thing, I was able to earn around $1,000+ a month solely from Tradebit sales. Obviously, due to the economy slump, and the influx of new store owners, this has gone down quite a bit. But still, that extra few hundred comes in handy for the little extras I want each month

    Adding to that, I was with Tradebit almost from the beginning and during those years, you were charged a monthly fee, sort of like hosting, for running your online store. Now, the owner(s) have sinced moved to a 20% fee for every product you sell. Smartest thing they could have done IMO because they are now earning hand over fist from all their merchants.

    Even so, you can find some good bargains via Tradebit. But I suggest you use caution when buying as there are some merchants that try and resell products they have no rights to.

    With that said though, the site administrator(s) do a very good job of removing these products when they are reported or found not to be 'legit'. So, to answer the OP's question, yes, you should be safe when purchasing products from Tradebit merchants.

    If anyone else has any questions about Tradebit, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat with you about my own personal experiences.


    Tracy
  • Profile picture of the author Tracy Yates
    Tracy Yates
    Yes and no Traffic-Bug.

    Yes because Tradebit has a "built in" affiliate program that you can utilize when you sign up with a free account and then promote certain merchants you select. Merchants will have the ability to turn their affiliate programs "on" if they choose to.

    Now, if you make an affiliate sale for a merchant, Tradebit will take out your 'cut' of the sale and send it to your PayPal account.

    No because utilizing the affiliate function as a merchant isn't a requirement to participate in. Personally, I don't really use this function, so I don't know if the payout schedule is the same for merchants, but I assume it is. With that said, payout days for merchants fall on every Wednesday of the week.

    Tradebit makes the payouts directly to merchants PayPal accounts for the amount of sales brought in for the previous week, which ends on Sunday. I know this sounds a bit confusing, but once you get started with Tradebit, you'll get to know all there ins and outs.


    Tracy
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    Raz
    Tracy, if you don't mind, I want to ask you these questions:

    1. How many files you sell on Tradebit?

    2. What is the average price for the files you sell on Tradebit?

    Thanks in advance.
  • Profile picture of the author Tracy Yates
    Tracy Yates
    Raz,

    I have a couple hundred products up for sale via my Tradebit store, and without huge limitations on size, file and store allotment sizes, I am always free to add more.

    The average price is around $10 for most products I sell with others being priced higher. And of course some priced lower, depending on the products.

    I try to stick to the author's suggested selling price as much as possible. But sometimes I do offer pretty good bargains. Although, I don't sell my products as cheap as others on Tradebit.

    I try to keep within a reasonable price range for my products.

    Even though Tradebit was set up to act as a 'micro payment processing' type of set up, you can really charge any price you wish for your products.


    Tracy
  • Profile picture of the author Star Riley
    Star Riley
    Originally Posted by Tracy Yates View Post
    Raz,

    I've been using Tradebit for quite some time now. Currently, I can earn a couple hundred extra a month from my online store. Sometimes a bit more. However, if I was really applying myself to this endeavor, and not being lazy, I could earn lots more.

    Before the whole recession thing, I was able to earn around $1,000+ a month solely from Tradebit sales. Obviously, due to the economy slump, and the influx of new store owners, this has gone down quite a bit. But still, that extra few hundred comes in handy for the little extras I want each month

    Adding to that, I was with Tradebit almost from the beginning and during those years, you were charged a monthly fee, sort of like hosting, for running your online store. Now, the owner(s) have sinced moved to a 20% fee for every product you sell. Smartest thing they could have done IMO because they are now earning hand over fist from all their merchants.

    Even so, you can find some good bargains via Tradebit. But I suggest you use caution when buying as there are some merchants that try and resell products they have no rights to.

    With that said though, the site administrator(s) do a very good job of removing these products when they are reported or found not to be 'legit'. So, to answer the OP's question, yes, you should be safe when purchasing products from Tradebit merchants.

    If anyone else has any questions about Tradebit, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat with you about my own personal experiences.


    Tracy
    Thanks a million I was interested in using them now I have a better idea.
  • Profile picture of the author Raz
    Raz
    Thanks Tracy.
  • Profile picture of the author lthaig
    lthaig
    I purchased an electronic manual from them through Paypal. The manual has missing units. I have been having a hard time receiving any support, refund or the missing units. I would be very careful before purchasing anything from them.
  • Profile picture of the author Tracy Yates
    Tracy Yates
    Originally Posted by lthaig View Post
    I purchased an electronic manual from them through Paypal. The manual has missing units. I have been having a hard time receiving any support, refund or the missing units. I would be very careful before purchasing anything from them.
    You can contact the direct Tradebit support via email. This information is emailed to you along with your download codes. Look for that email that was sent to you from Tradebit and at the very bottom, you should see a support email address that deals with download problems.

    Sometimes, when the files are larger, and sellers do not use the FTP uploading solution, those files can become corrupt, or not upload all the way, causing problems for buyers.

    Also, I think every seller on Tradebit should post up a "contact me" email address directly on their "Contact" page.

    Reason being is because whenever a customer sends a message through the Tradebit contact form, there's no way to reply back to the customer. Unless they leave you their contact email address within the message they send to you.


    Tracy
  • Profile picture of the author lthaig
    lthaig
    Thank you. I have tried all of the mentioned.
  • Profile picture of the author KimPup
    KimPup
    Yes, very legit! Ralf runs a very tight ship over there! If there are ever any problems, he's right there to rectify them.
  • Profile picture of the author nathantai
    nathantai
    Hi Tracy, thanks for your input. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Arrived while Googling 'Is Tradebit legit' a while ago. I see that a lot of people are undercutting each other by offering products for as low as 0.5USD. I did a search for some popular product names, and see that Tradebit has a huge list of users selling the same products. I have actually bought some of these products, and they way I do it is to simply scroll through the prices of the product I want, and eventually find the 0.5USD or 1USD one and buy that.

    I'm sure most consumers would do the same. I've also read your site ebook-porium site. Any advice on how to go about selling these stuff since a lot of people are already selling them at cutthroat prices? Is this profitable at all, since for resell rights products, anyone can simply give them away or sell at 0.5USD

    Would appreciate any input from others as well, and thanks all for the good read!
  • Profile picture of the author smak
    smak
    To me it looks like there is too much clutter (especially in the ebooks section).

    Rather than a serious selling platform, it looks like Tradebit is been used as a lead generating tool by its seller having seen almost 90% of stuff in ebboks section sold for less than a dollar.

    Not sure about spending my time on this one
  • Profile picture of the author ladyshadowrider
    ladyshadowrider
    Originally Posted by nathantai View Post
    Hi Tracy, thanks for your input. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Arrived while Googling 'Is Tradebit legit' a while ago. I see that a lot of people are undercutting each other by offering products for as low as 0.5USD. I did a search for some popular product names, and see that Tradebit has a huge list of users selling the same products. I have actually bought some of these products, and they way I do it is to simply scroll through the prices of the product I want, and eventually find the 0.5USD or 1USD one and buy that.

    I'm sure most consumers would do the same. I've also read your site ebook-porium site. Any advice on how to go about selling these stuff since a lot of people are already selling them at cutthroat prices? Is this profitable at all, since for resell rights products, anyone can simply give them away or sell at 0.5USD

    Would appreciate any input from others as well, and thanks all for the good read!
    You are assuming that "most consumers" are like you. They are not!

    Most of the ebook and software type products selling on TradeBit in the $0.50 - $1.00 range are targeted at the internet marketing crowd, otherwise, why would they offer resale rights?

    The average person looking for specific information, say for example, how to build a dog house, wants to build a dog house. They don't care if the ebook about building a dog house has resale rights. They just want to know how to build a dog house!

    Originally Posted by smak View Post
    To me it looks like there is too much clutter (especially in the ebooks section).

    Rather than a serious selling platform, it looks like Tradebit is been used as a lead generating tool by its seller having seen almost 90% of stuff in ebboks section sold for less than a dollar.

    Not sure about spending my time on this one
    Who cares about the stooopid people who devalue their products by listing them for $0.50 or a $1.00.

    The power of TradeBit isn't so much about people who go to TradeBit.com and search within the marketplace.

    The true power of TradeBit is that it's recognized as an authority site by Google and the other SEs. Which means that the product pages on TradeBit get indexed and ranked high in the SERPs.

    You can draw your own conclusions about the value in having your products show up on the first page of Google for your keywords.

    Tamara
  • Profile picture of the author flipkid
    flipkid
    Tadebit is totally legit. I use it all the time to grab MRR and PLR products. Pay with Paypal, no fees, low prices. There's not a better place on the net IMO.
  • Profile picture of the author gcintermed
    gcintermed
    I'm just getting started with Tradebit, and here are my impressions so far...

    1) As a buyer it is a great place to find a rock bottom price ($1 or less) on some MRR or PLR product that you've seen promoted elsewhere. The marketplace is very competitive. It's like the eBay of digital products.

    2) As an affiliate, you have access to their entire huge catalog to promote from. I think there should be a way to use other people's rock bottom offers as lead generators, but I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

    3) As a seller, it's a great place to park the MRR and PLR products gathering dust on your drive. You can price them competitively and use them as lead generators, benefiting from their large traffic. Or you can promote your own links, driving your own traffic, and just use them as a hosting and payment provider. They even give you your own subdomain/storefront which you can customize.

    I pick up dozens of resale rights products from membership sites each month. There's no way I'm going to set them all up with sales pages on their own domains. Too much work. Tradebit provides a quick, easy and cheap solution to get them out in the marketplace. I think it is a great idea. Now if they only allowed uploading of html sales pages instead of plain text, it would be all you could ask for.

    There is also more upside potential for anyone who studies their markets and finds out what areas of Tradebit have the least competition and the most demand. For anyone who wants to learn more, I'd recommend Tamara's product, which I picked up as a WSO (not sure it's still open) and which I'm going through now.

Related discussions