2. Actions Speak Louder Than Words- writing tons of emails, checking stats, doing "research" (reading everything possible w/ no breaks) and being "busy" don't mean s***. Taking specific action steps to get specific results brings home the bacon so to speak.
3. Reading Emails All Day- This is why I was doing #1 so much. Buying, buying, buying is a problem. So many newbies to IM buy every product. They do this b/c they read emails all day and the copywriters know how to push the buttons and make you impulse buy. Read 100 emails from good marketers and you're bound to buy something.
4. It's Much Simpler Than You Think- PPC, SEO, ABC, XYZ...IM can be an alphabet soup sort of thing if you read too much. Simply providing the solution to a problem people have is enough to get started in this biz. Learning the basics shouldn't take more than a few weeks. After that, doing, testing, tweaking will provide you ALL the info you need. You'll also have more fun this way.
5. No Day But Today- dreaming of retiring to Tahiti is a waste of time. If you don't follow a plan and DO something TODAY, the tomorrow you want will never arrive. Hate writing articles? What if writing 1000 articles over the next year would provide you the lifestyle you choose? Is it worth it? Something that simple should be jumping at you and saying YES THAT'S WORTH IT. Well, GET WRITING
6. Is This Really For You?- this question will save you time. If you're new to IM, asking yourself this question will prevent you from spending days reading and deciding that it's not for you. You could have improved your skills somewhere else that would be more suited to your goals. If you don't enjoy learning everything about this business...get out and find your passion.
7. This is Work...and I Don't Care What Anyone Else Says- if you're not willing to work to set something up...then get the f*** out now. Sorry for being blunt but this industry is full of people looking for the Holy Grail of income w/o work. Well, maybe on Mars but on Planet Earth, we work for our money. Granted, "work" is usually different than it is everywhere else. But it is still work. So work your ass off today and then you'll be moving on up to achieving whatever goals you want in IM.
Hopefully a few newbies are reading this and got something about it. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Hopefully I, along with the other Warriors, can help!