How To Sell Your Own Online Marketing Course!

by Splatterfox 26 replies
For all the people just starting out selling their own courses or planning to do so, I just list you the perfect formula that YOU need to use in order to drive sales like crazy:

1) Shoot a beautiful video where you show nice cars, beaches, hotels and yachts.

2) Keep repeating stuff like "quit your corporate job", "travel the world", "make money with ease", "be independant", "don't trade your time for money" for straight 5 minutes.

3) Keep an eye on the rule that you actually NEVER talk about what you are actually selling and how you make your money, instead be as vague and general as possible ("I show you how to start your own online business that will make 50k a month")

4) Send people to a FREE webinar which you call "Live" even though everyone knows that its obviously recorded since no one can send messages and you never respond to anyone either.

5) Make sure that you say only limited spots available (because why would you want a big audience on a webinar that you pay for to get people in and that you host 3 times a day).

6) During the webinar, keep point 2) and 3) in mind, just enlarge that to around 30 minutes.

7) End the webinar with a sales pitch for your xxx to x,xxx $ course that helps people achieve the same results you achieved.

8) PROFIT

9) Call yourself successful entrepreneur and business man.


Good luck!

(I'm pointing this out because I see multiple different campaigns like these per day right now on YouTube)
#main internet marketing discussion forum #marketing #online #sell
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author pam2011
    LOL. Love It! I know exactly what you mean. I used to see stuff like this all the time, but lately not so much. Maybe because i hit unsubscribe on alot of peoples emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11034937].message }}
    Signature
    Pam Trivedi. Productivity Consultant
  • Profile picture of the author mickyl
    This kind of promotions rarely make me purchase anything at all. Does anyone still believe that those guys on the bitches are the real deal? I rather have videos where people are showing me true knowledge, and even then I make a thorough research before I purchase any kind of course, if any at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038331].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Splatterfox
      Originally Posted by mickyl View Post

      This kind of promotions rarely make me purchase anything at all. Does anyone still believe that those guys on the bitches are the real deal? I rather have videos where people are showing me true knowledge, and even then I make a thorough research before I purchase any kind of course, if any at all.
      Exactly. According to the comments and (positive) activity below these videos it seems that people really get blinded by this kind of stuff.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038749].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LodestoneCS
      I know I avoid them now because I fell for them early on. Learn through experience. It would be nice if the newbies didn't fall for it and these people would disappear, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ollestella1874
    As soon as you see pictures off beaches, fancy houses and fast cars press delete!!
    If you think your going to be as rich as they say in there sales page buying a $7 product you seriously need help!
    If the offer sounds too good it most probably is .
    Still well clear
    You dont get the top guys showing there assets in adverts they just tell it how it is.
    beware off the big bad wolf!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by ollestella1874 View Post

      As soon as you see pictures off beaches, fancy houses and fast cars press delete!!
      If you think your going to be as rich as they say in there sales page buying a $7 product you seriously need help!
      If the offer sounds too good it most probably is .
      Still well clear
      You dont get the top guys showing there assets in adverts they just tell it how it is.
      beware off the big bad wolf!
      I agree.
      But the reason you see fast cars, beaches, and beautiful women is because that's the fantasy. and wealth, from internet marketing....for nearly everyone....is a fantasy. Why? Because they think that wealthy people all live like this.

      People that are really going to make lots of money aren't attracted to the fantasy. They are attracted to the reality...the grind..the constant testing...the struggle....and the eventual reward. They are attracted to the actual business.

      I ask people what motivates them in their business.....
      If they say "days off, vacations, and benefits", I know who they are, and they aren't the owner.

      For example, great salespeople aren't spending their day thinking about the weekend. They are thinking about their next sale. It's the business itself that is their motivation, not "getting away from the business"

      And the webinars we see where they are getting "away from their business" as the payoff is appealing to the people that will never be the successful ones.

      But...their number is much greater. And they buy more readily...so you have to show the fantasy, or they won't buy.


      The first webinar I'll put on to sell my selling course, will have the same appeals. It sickens me, but that's the business.

      One thing I always found interesting about many "Success" authors. They were only moderately successful because the became a speaker. It was speaking and selling from the platform that really made them their money.

      Maybe I should have taken that shortcut.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theDarkKnightMarketer
    What's up with this BS post?

    Do you think it makes you look smart? Because it really doesn't.

    So what's the difference between the fitness niche or the beauty niche?

    Show people some photoshopped screenshots of people losing weigh super fast. Tell them that they can eat their fav foods (pizzas, lasagnas and french fries.. Oh and burgers too!) and still lose that body fat really quickly just getting one magic weight loss pill a day..

    Oh and if they don't fall for the hype, get them on an automated webinar where you reveal how to boost your metabolism. And as a quick cure, offer them a metabolism booster pills for only $179.70.

    And if they don't buy again, offer them a free bottle + shipping.

    If they get that, pitch them to death with your other BS products.

    How do I know this? Because I've been a customer myself of skinny body care.

    So just because "SOMEBODY" is selling his or her "marketing course" by showing nice cars, beaches, hotels, yachts or any of the bullshit you mentioned, that doesn't mean that everyone does it the same way.

    So if you want to help someone out, come here and post something of value. Or maybe you should start doing stand-up comedy.

    Originally Posted by Splatterfox View Post

    I'm pointing this out because I see multiple different campaigns like these per day right now on YouTube
    I've been seeing it for the past 15 years.

    I guess it must be working?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039578].message }}
    Signature
    You may be entitled to $1,000. See if you qualify here!
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    Sales people throughout use flambouyant words and make tall claims for their sales. But one can decipher out from the phony words of the pretender that all claims made are not as relevant and useful to follow. One should make a thorough product review before each purchase and never pay heed to the superficial advertisements. Intelligent people choose the fittest rather than what appears beautiful and may at times be superficial.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheWealthWoman
    Very true Splatterfox. I actually think it is a good rule of thumb for those kinds of promotions to ask them if they offer part of their course for free. Not only does it give you insight into what they are actually selling, if they are increasingly guarded about giving any piece of it away it is an enormous red flag. It doesn't make sense for someone to be 'living the beach life' but not want to show you a simple flyer of how they did it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040134].message }}
    Signature

    Get HIGH quality article content! $1.50 an article! Original and copyscape passed! Limited time only! PM me if interested.

  • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
    Originally Posted by Splatterfox View Post

    For all the people just starting out selling their own courses or planning to do so, I just list you the perfect formula that YOU need to use in order to drive sales like crazy:

    1) Shoot a beautiful video where you show nice cars, beaches, hotels and yachts.

    2) Keep repeating stuff like "quit your corporate job", "travel the world", "make money with ease", "be independant", "don't trade your time for money" for straight 5 minutes.

    3) Keep an eye on the rule that you actually NEVER talk about what you are actually selling and how you make your money, instead be as vague and general as possible ("I show you how to start your own online business that will make 50k a month")

    4) Send people to a FREE webinar which you call "Live" even though everyone knows that its obviously recorded since no one can send messages and you never respond to anyone either.

    5) Make sure that you say only limited spots available (because why would you want a big audience on a webinar that you pay for to get people in and that you host 3 times a day).

    6) During the webinar, keep point 2) and 3) in mind, just enlarge that to around 30 minutes.

    7) End the webinar with a sales pitch for your xxx to x,xxx $ course that helps people achieve the same results you achieved.

    8) PROFIT

    9) Call yourself successful entrepreneur and business man.


    Good luck!

    (I'm pointing this out because I see multiple different campaigns like these per day right now on YouTube)
    Based on what I've read, this sounds like Robert Kiyosaki... who started off as the "Poor Dad" with very little wealth...

    He wrote a book...

    He went out and spoke to lots of people.... He made money speaking....

    He now has "verified" the "wisdom" in his books will make you rich. Actually, he has proven writing and speaking to lots of people will make you rich.... We already knew that. :-)

    Here's an interesting story: Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Bankrupt Dad?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joyce Birmingham
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by theDarkKnightMarketer View Post

      What's up with this BS post?

      Do you think it makes you look smart? Because it really doesn't....

      How do I know this? Because I've been a customer myself of skinny body care.
      Why do you call it BS? You say yourself that a similar campaign converted you.

      Originally Posted by Joyce Birmingham View Post

      I don't think many people fall for that nowadays. I hope not...
      The fact that such campaigns have appeared for years, spending enormous amount of money on advertising, speaks to the contrary.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048677].message }}
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
  • Profile picture of the author Ratamok
    Oh man...I don't know about your list but I just close those pages with beautiful videos expensive, cars big houses etc. Usually I see this when they promote binary options. But I am just 1 of many. If it really works for you, nice!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wifiboos
    They say 'bullshit baffles brains' but people wise up eventually. Unless you are offering a valued proposition with real proof your success will be short lived.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048925].message }}
    Signature

    Get Your Mind-set Right - Take Consistent Action
    Connect with the right people

    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by wifiboos View Post

      They say 'bullsh*t baffles brains' but people wise up eventually. Unless you are offering a valued proposition with real proof your success will be short lived.
      Individuals may wise up eventually, but it's been said that, "There's a sucker born every minute." (Commonly misattributed to P. T. Barnum, but more likely said by David Hannum.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048929].message }}
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
    The best one I saw was when an (obviously) actor leaves his beautiful home and beautiful wife, drives his expensive car to a private airfield and gets on a private jet. The speeded up footage then shows him scoffing a catered expensive gourmet meal on the way, from his dedicated stewardess

    He gets off at the other hand and has a chauffeur driven limo waiting to drive him to a struggling, impoverished family house where he interviews them and proceeds to show them how to set up a paid traffic campaign for probably a Clickbank product. He comes back the next day from his expensive hotel to hear they had made four 50 buck sales and were eternally grateful.

    He then goes back to his jet and flies home, repeat performance.

    I saw this not more than a year ago.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049107].message }}
    Signature

    Where ever you go, there you are.

    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

      The best one I saw was when an (obviously) actor leaves his beautiful home and beautiful wife, drives his expensive car to a private airfield and gets on a private jet. The speeded up footage then shows him scoffing a catered expensive gourmet meal on the way, from his dedicated stewardess

      He gets off at the other hand and has a chauffeur driven limo waiting to drive him to a struggling, impoverished family house where he interviews them and proceeds to show them how to set up a paid traffic campaign for probably a Clickbank product. He comes back the next day from his expensive hotel to hear they had made four 50 buck sales and were eternally grateful.

      He then goes back to his jet and flies home, repeat performance.

      I saw this not more than a year ago.
      Wait... are you saying that this isn't how consulting works?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049119].message }}
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by David Beroff View Post

        Wait... are you saying that this isn't how consulting works?
        Perhaps for award winning Hollywood actors
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049250].message }}
        Signature

        Where ever you go, there you are.

    • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
      Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

      The best one I saw was when an (obviously) actor leaves his beautiful home and beautiful wife, drives his expensive car to a private airfield and gets on a private jet. The speeded up footage then shows him scoffing a catered expensive gourmet meal on the way, from his dedicated stewardess

      He gets off at the other hand and has a chauffeur driven limo waiting to drive him to a struggling, impoverished family house where he interviews them and proceeds to show them how to set up a paid traffic campaign for probably a Clickbank product. He comes back the next day from his expensive hotel to hear they had made four 50 buck sales and were eternally grateful.

      He then goes back to his jet and flies home, repeat performance.

      I saw this not more than a year ago.
      The "actor" needs to switch his platform...

      If the family really needs money now, they won't be able to wait around for ClickBank to "bless" them with their commission... :-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11058933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TMets5
    That was a great post...lot's of value to offer here and broken down into steps that most people can follow and incorporate if you take action....thanks again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049347].message }}
    Signature
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    Wierd how this is in the Off Topic Section, could of swore it was in the main section orginially. I was not on the forum for a few day's and this post is here. The Moderators here are Cluess some times, where to move posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049783].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

      Wierd how this is in the Off Topic Section, could of swore it was in the main section orginially. I was not on the forum for a few day's and this post is here. The Moderators here are Cluess some times, where to move posts.
      I may have even been the one to have requested that it be moved from OT; I honestly don't recall. But it's easy enough for anyone to do; simply report the first post in the thread, with a simple polite request to move it, and it's usually done relatively quickly.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049793].message }}
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    What most of those "success stories" don't tell you is that the mansion is in foreclosure, the repo man is looking for the hot car, the hot girlfriend is a rental, and the private jet is to try to stay one jump ahead of the authorities.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pinkysoll
    Buddy, it's given that this is a creative (and enticing) way to do things. And I know a lot of aspiring entrepreneurs do this. But it all boils down to what makes you different from others, and why should people trust you.

    Anyway, thanks for the share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    There was a new warrior wanting to talk to CB vendors as he wanted to make 10mil from his course which he had not made at the time ! and he showed some idiots image of the boat and the lux car and mansion and thought it was real

    So it does affect people even though it is Bull Shit most of the time

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059195].message }}
    Signature
    "Your Attitude is what give you Altitude so don't Crash"
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by Regional Warrior View Post

      There was a new warrior wanting to talk to CB vendors as he wanted to make 10mil from his course which he had not made at the time ! and he showed some idiots image of the boat and the lux car and mansion and thought it was real

      So it does affect people even though it is Bull Shit most of the time

      Jason
      There's a large contingent out there that falls for this stuff because they desperately want to fall for this stuff.

      They have the same dream for themselves. And if they acknowledge the farce, they have to give up the dream and find a new one.

      I said in another post, and I'll repeat here because it fits, that some say there is not a single waiter, waitress, parking valet or dog walker in Hollywood. Only movie star wannabes waiting for their big break.

      It's the same with much of the get-rich-quick crowd. They just need someone to show them the insider secrets hidden from them to keep them down. They have to believe this, because the alternative is looking in the mirror, adjusting the angle on their name tag, and going to work again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059508].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059829].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by TrickyDick View Post

          Come on John....

          There is a big secret...

          The gurus don't want you to know....

          For $7, all will be revealed..... :-)

          I'll tell you for free....

          The reality is you need to hard work.... and master a few skills....

          There are no "proud ClickBank Vendors" who make millions..... without tons of work.... and tons of Affiliates (who you have to share the pie with).



          EU - Da Butt 1988 - YouTube

          (To the tune of Da Butt)

          I'm proud ClickBank Affiliate...

          Oh, yeah!!!

          John's proud ClickBank Affiliate...

          Oh, yeah!!!
          Sorry, Dick. I don't consider myself a "Clickbank Affiliate" proud or otherwise. Over the years, I have recommended a few things sold in the CB marketplace, but it had nothing to do with CB.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11059854].message }}

Trending Topics