Business did not pan out as expected. Need your honest advice

by maors 55 replies
Hi everybody.
I'll try to be short here.
I have a business and made some money on and offline.
I wanted to further develop my business, so I can start having some good income, reinvest, grow, etc.

I needed the extra money not only to build a better life, but also for an expensive, yet much needed, MEDICAL TREATMENT, and I knew that unless I am able to start having good income, I won't be able to get.

I realized that trying to figure out everything myself would take too much time, which I don't have. So I looked for some help AND TRAINING. and so I found someone here, on warrior forum.

He seemed honest at first. Had some great reviews. didn't have negative ones. When we talked he sounded very professional, and he talked about things that I knew for sure that were working today.

And so I decided to work with him.

He billed me in a strange way, through warrior+, but I didn't mind too much - as he sent me a disclaimer directly to my mail.

And then things got bad.

He started disappearing, telling me that he had other things to do and he don't have time to train me (EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR IT!). I paid him to help me with a new product - and ended up doing most of the work myself. He is now ignoring most of my messages, and it takes me days to reach him and weeks to be able to talk to him.

I know that I'll never get to see the income I expected to see after working with him. Actually, I invested a huge some and haven't seen any return whatsoever.

All I want is my money back. And I am not sure how to do this, I know he'll never refund me even though I paid and didn't get service:-(

Tried contacting warrior+, they tried talking to him but it didn't help.

I don't know if Paypal will help me - and since my health depends in this money, I am depressed, just not sure what to do.

If anybody here would be willing to help me or give me some advice.....

I'd be more than grateful.

What would you do if you were in my place?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #advice #business #honest #invested #scammed
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author eDreamer
    Hi moars,

    Unfortunately this kind of Initiation-By-Scam is common in the 'Internet Marketing' or 'Make Money Online' world.

    Sounds like you've been doing things as best you can, here's an article that goes through the refund process:

    https://warriorplus.com/support/knowledgebase.php?article=178


    If you've tried and got no response, just go through PayPal, they are known for putting their customers first and will resolve the problem and reverse the transaction. If that doesn't work, go through your credit/debit people.

    Like you said, you paid for a service you didn't get, and you have every right to your money back.

    You say you've made money online before but are looking for training to make some significant money in what seems like not a lot of time.

    Unfortunately you need lots of money to invest if you want to make lots of money fast, and if you already had lots of money I'd suggest you put that towards your medical bills.

    Making large amounts of money consistently online takes either large investments of money or large investments of work and time.

    You got suckered by a dishonest marketer, but the good thing is that it doesn't have to happen again.

    If you're looking for fast money for your medical issues, you'd be better off selling things you own, taking manual labor gigs, or trying to raise the money through donations. I think there are a few threads talking about what to do if you're desperate for cash, here's one:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...desperate.html

    If you're looking to make lots of money online, you'd be better off finding a successful business, site, product, figure, etc. online that you would like to emulate and developing a long term plan based on what they did to achieve success and working steadily to achieve your goals over time, say 1-3 years.

    Hopefully some other warriors can help you with tips on how to get the results you're looking for, but in my experience I've had the best results with a good spring cleaning and ebay/craigslist for money (relatively) fast.

    I wish you the best in everything
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andrew Hurst
      Checking that desperate link, very interesting.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11043468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I don't know why a moderator 'approved' this thread. I really don't.

    It's unclear what you paid for - how much you paid - how long you paid -and what the terms were in this "partnership". If you feel you were cheated by a WSO here - use the help desk to report it. Otherwise, this is between you and the person you hired or partnered with.

    Read the fine print - the refund guarantee (if there was one) and the disclaimers...that YOU agreed to. Either you have a legal leg to stand on to get money back - or you don't. Did he provide too little - did you expect too much? No idea but there are always two sides to the story.

    I don't know if Paypal will help me
    Sorry you are ill but that has nothing to with a business transaction - or with paypal. You won't know what paypal might do...if you don't ask or file a dispute and find out.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Unfortunately this kind of Initiation-By-Scam is common in the 'Internet Marketing' or 'Make Money Online' world.
    You are assuming this was a scam based on one side of a story.

    You got suckered by a dishonest marketer
    No proof required?

    Like I said - this thread should not have been approved - from the WF rules:

    If you have a problem with anyone, take it up with them privately. No naming or shaming here since there are two sides to every story.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lover and fighter
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      You are assuming this was a scam based on one side of a story.



      No proof required?

      Like I said - this thread should not have been approved - from the WF rules:

      LOL You're more worried about the victim breaking forum rules than the scammers who prey on them??

      Relax, they didn't name names so no wrong has been done. Aren't people allowed to share their experiences here? Jeez, this is ridiculous.

      And let's be honest-- there are a LOT of unscrupulous people out there (and in here) just trying to get over on the next unsuspecting visitor, taking advantage of their hopes and dreams. It should be the purpose of this forum to help them avoid these kind of situations.

      If more people stood up against the scammers liars and cheaters as much as they stood up against innocent people in a forum just trying to figure things out, this place would be so much better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      lover and fighter got it right. He is not naming people and personally he is asking THE COMMUNITY for advice and options.

      The IM community needs to step up and admit that there are lots of scammers and unscrupulous people preying on newbies. This is a problem for EVERYONE, not just the prey as it gives the entire industry a shitty reputation.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjsparacino123
    Okay, so now that negative nancy bled everywhere and got it out her system, let's resolve the issue!

    What you got was an education, write off the sum as tuition to your empire.

    I am sorry about your health condition, although look into reiki healing, get a book on it, and study and practice on yourself, it will help tremendously, may even cure that physical ailment.

    Fail forward!
    Signature

    Master Of The Universes

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037673].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by cjsparacino123 View Post

      Okay, so now that negative nancy bled everywhere and got it out her system, let's resolve the issue!

      What you got was an education, write off the sum as tuition to your empire.

      I am sorry about your health condition, although look into reiki healing, get a book on it, and study and practice on yourself, it will help tremendously, may even cure that physical ailment.

      Fail forward!
      That was both rude and stupid. "Negative Nancy" was 100% right.

      You then offer nothing of importance or relevance...
      Signature
      If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Gee - medical advice, too....is this a great place or what?

    You fit in this thread better than I do - and that's not a compliment.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maximillion_Z
    Maors, can you tell us more about the offer you paid for?

    How much did you pay?

    What was the promise?

    He/she may have decided that they lived up to their end of the bargain, we won't know unless you tell us more. Right now we only have one side of the story.

    I don't see why Warrior Plus is a strange way of paying? It's probably the #1 trusted way of paying on this forum.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11037802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mickyl
    Guys, I would show some empathy for someone with such a problem....
    There are people here that are just trying to get other peoples' money without giving any value back... If we ignore this problem, it will eventually hurt us all.
    I would say - go to Paypal and try to ask them for help. Maybe try some crowd funding to get the money you need for your medical situation? or ask friends/family for a loan? If you know how to make money, you'd be able to do it in the future, even if you lost now, but your health comes first! you should be concentrating on that at the moment.

    And guys, I have a question of my own - say that you found out that one of the sellers here is scamming other people. What would you do? Is there any way/ anyone to report this so this person will be banned and doesn't hurt others?

    In my opinion, this is a major problem that this community needs to take care of.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038278].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eDreamer
      Originally Posted by mickyl View Post

      And guys, I have a question of my own - say that you found out that one of the sellers here is scamming other people. What would you do? Is there any way/ anyone to report this so this person will be banned and doesn't hurt others???

      If you feel that this person cheated you then you can take it up with that person directly and also with warriorplus through this link:

      https://warriorplus.com/support/know...hp?article=178

      If you don't get a response from the product creator or service provider, then I'd suggest going through your credit/debit people if a refund is what you're after.

      But as far as shutting down someone's entire offer, business, operation, what have you, then you're taking it to another level. Not sure there's much you can do without a lot of proof and a long uphill battle.

      And even if you do shut this guy down, there's plenty more where that came from. Sometimes it's just not worth the energy. If you want to report him, follow your gut, report him to warrior forum through the help desk or personally message a moderator or administrator, and keep it moving.

      It's impossible to eliminate all risk, so it's important to be 'street smart' and do your due diligence when it comes to situations like these, so you can spot a fake from a mile away.

      Unfortunately it's common to have to just eat situations like these and take them as learning lessons. Learn so you can help others avoid them too. That's probably a better direction for your energy.

      But it's good for people to know that it is common (thanks to the abuse of copywriting, embellishing, insinuating, manipulative or deceptive tactics, and even outright lies), it's something you need to look out for, and if it happens to you don't let it stop you from
      progressing.

      You might get tripped up from time to time or stumble and fall, but just keep getting up and moving forward along your journey. Let it inspire you in some way and use it to your advantage as a tool to get ahead.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038485].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mickyl
        Originally Posted by eDreamer View Post

        If you feel that this person cheated you then you can take it up with that person directly and also with warriorplus through this link:

        https://warriorplus.com/support/know...hp?article=178

        If you don't get a response from the product creator or service provider, then I'd suggest going through your credit/debit people if a refund is what you're after.

        But as far as shutting down someone's entire offer, business, operation, what have you, then you're taking it to another level. Not sure there's much you can do without a lot of proof and a long uphill battle.

        And even if you do shut this guy down, there's plenty more where that came from. Sometimes it's just not worth the energy. If you want to report him, follow your gut, report him to warrior forum through the help desk or personally message a moderator or administrator, and keep it moving.

        It's impossible to eliminate all risk, so it's important to be 'street smart' and do your due diligence when it comes to situations like these, so you can spot a fake from a mile away.

        Unfortunately it's common to have to just eat situations like these and take them as learning lessons. Learn so you can help others avoid them too. That's probably a better direction for your energy.

        But it's good for people to know that it is common (thanks to the abuse of copywriting, embellishing, insinuating, manipulative or deceptive tactics, and even outright lies), it's something you need to look out for, and if it happens to you don't let it stop you from
        progressing.

        You might get tripped up from time to time or stumble and fall, but just keep getting up and moving forward along your journey. Let it inspire you in some way and use it to your advantage as a tool to get ahead.
        Thanks for the answer:-)
        I was asking generally - not for myself, but really tried to understand what to do if your friend or student tells you about something like that. I really appreciate your answer:-)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neha9
    I think you have to attention on the things happend to you. first of all complete knowledge is must . here we all give you solution of your problem not for other things
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    What would you do?
    I would (and have) reported them to the help desk. Admins look into it and if the person is scamming, the WSO is deleted. That happened to one person just a couple weeks ago.

    Here is the problem in this thread: Lack of specific information of any kind.

    No timeline - no amt spent - no mention of guarantee or what was in the disclaimer he received. We don't know if this happened last week or last year...whether it was a purchase through this forum or from a person who happened to be a member here. We don't know if it was a product or coaching or a Joint Venture...or what.

    Sadly, it is not uncommon for someone to expect more than the seller was offering. We don't know if that is the case. It's also not unheard of that someone facing a financial crisis for health or other reasons....wants to get back money he spent in the past. I had a man ask for a refund 10 months after a $27 purchase....why? Because he "needed the money for Christmas". Yes, I refunded him... and blocked him from buying from me again.

    I've had people pay a membership fee for 5-6 months and then ask for a full refund because they 'need the money'. No, they didn't get it back.

    It says something that the OP filed a complaint with Warrior+ and they checked on it and took no action. It says something that he has not filed a dispute with Paypal....maybe over the time limit?

    What I want is for people to look at such threads in a logical, rational way. Instead, many seem to buy into the "you were scammed".

    One thing is clear- the OP posted this and logged off 4 hrs later without posting any answers to questions/concerns - and hasn't logged back in since then.

    this is a major problem
    What do you want the forum to do - based on the info provided by the OP???? Why do you assume there is a 'major problem'?
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mickyl
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I would (and have) reported them to the help desk. Admins look into it and if the person is scamming, the WSO is deleted. That happened to one person just a couple weeks ago.

      Here is the problem in this thread: Lack of specific information of any kind.

      No timeline - no amt spent - no mention of guarantee or what was in the disclaimer he received. We don't know if this happened last week or last year...whether it was a purchase through this forum or from a person who happened to be a member here. We don't know if it was a product or coaching or a Joint Venture...or what.

      Sadly, it is not uncommon for someone to expect more than the seller was offering. We don't know if that is the case. It's also not unheard of that someone facing a financial crisis for health or other reasons....wants to get back money he spent in the past. I had a man ask for a refund 10 months after a $27 purchase....why? Because he "needed the money for Christmas". Yes, I refunded him... and blocked him from buying from me again.

      I've had people pay a membership fee for 5-6 months and then ask for a full refund because they 'need the money'. No, they didn't get it back.

      It says something that the OP filed a complaint with Warrior+ and they checked on it and took no action. It says something that he has not filed a dispute with Paypal....maybe over the time limit?

      What I want is for people to look at such threads in a logical, rational way. Instead, many seem to buy into the "you were scammed".

      One thing is clear- the OP posted this and logged off 4 hrs later without posting any answers to questions/concerns - and hasn't logged back in since then.



      What do you want the forum to do - based on the info provided by the OP???? Why do you assume there is a 'major problem'?
      Hi, you seem to be very angry about this whole subject.. I personally know more than one person who got hurt quite badly here, and also I must say that reputation of the whole WSO can suffer from these kind of things. Many big platforms, including Ebay, are working against frauds, and if there is no system to do it, then yes, it's a big problem in my opinion.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038627].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Sadly, it is not uncommon for someone to expect more than the seller was offering. We don't know if that is the case. It's also not unheard of that someone facing a financial crisis for health or other reasons....wants to get back money he spent in the past. I had a man ask for a refund 10 months after a $27 purchase....why? Because he "needed the money for Christmas". Yes, I refunded him... and blocked him from buying from me again.
      The user did say that
      He started disappearing, telling me that he had other things to do and he don't have time to train me (EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR IT!). I paid him to help me with a new product - and ended up doing most of the work myself. He is now ignoring most of my messages, and it takes me days to reach him and weeks to be able to talk to him.
      so it doesnt sound like a disappointed buyer, it sounds like he paid a seller that did not even deliver.

      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      What do you want the forum to do - based on the info provided by the OP???? Why do you assume there is a 'major problem'?
      Making changes to the WSO section to make it a better marketplace is something that we want to tackle. While we have ideas of our own, we are also on the look out for ideas from the community on how we can improve the quality of the marketplace.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You are generalizing. I didn't say there are no scams here - I'm addressing ONLY the OP's claims....but believe what you want. As usual here - people are more willing to accuse than to question.

    I don't think there is enough info given here to assume 'scam' or to start a crusade against it - but do what you will.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038629].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mickyl
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      You are generalizing. I didn't say there are no scams here - I'm addressing ONLY the OP's claims....but believe what you want. As usual here - people are more willing to accuse than to question.

      I don't think there is enough info given here to assume 'scam' or to start a crusade against it - but do what you will.
      Well, I did asked generally - what to do if something like that happens to one of my friends or students here and how to GENERALLY protect the community against these kind of things. I actually got a good answer up here... I don't care if this complain is right or not - if someone asked, and the question may help others, why not answer?
      We all here have reputation to maintain, and yes, everybody who sells online encounter a fraudulent customer from time to time, I also think that this kind of fraud is just as bad. That doesn't mean that we, as more experienced marketers, can't help the community to get better.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjsparacino123
    scams are bad for business ey @Kay King
    Signature

    Master Of The Universes

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Connann
    you have been SCAMMED

    Everyone here has been scammed. it's said, but it's the truth.

    So.

    1 Fill a dispute with Paypal IMMEDIATELY.

    2 Contact IMMEDIATELY your card bank and try a chargeback.


    Saying this...ask yourself: WHY i've been scammed? (so you wont be scammed again)

    Scammers, like in Hustle Tv Series is said,
    are looking for people who

    "Want all for nothing"

    And they give back "Nothing for something".

    I mean, you probably bought a product who claim you'll be rich with no much work, only buyin the product and follow the steps.

    Thats "All for Nothing"

    And the vendor scammer, ask you something for that all. You probably thought "something i have to pay, but if i gain that huge amount of money..."

    ..and you've been scammed.


    The fact is, that you have to RISK THE MONEY YOU DONT NEED TO.

    Not the money for bills.
    Or food
    ....or WORSE: the Medical Treatment!

    It's the first princple of an investor: dont put on the table the money you really need.

    You can loose them, take in count, even the system is good.

    Saying that: the SYSTEM IS ONLY ONE.

    Building a List around a niche solving a problem of the niche.

    And sell products to that list while givin informational value.

    So it's better spending your money on traffic generation sources.
    At least, if u loose them, or not convert too much, you learn something by try and fail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    The user did say that
    Would you PM this member, get the name of the member he purchased from....and ban that seller here...based on the comment in this thread?

    Would an Administrator feel obligated to investigate and get to the truth of the matter to protect other members from being scammed?

    At least you have validated this sort of thread is now permitted here. I won't question future complaint threads...or respond to them.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Would you PM this member, get the name of the member he purchased from....and ban that seller here...based on the comment in this thread?

      Would an Administrator feel obligated to investigate and get to the truth of the matter to protect other members from being scammed?

      At least you have validated this sort of thread is now permitted here. I won't question future complaint threads...or respond to them.
      We do occasionally investigate reports of scammy/stolen products with the necessary actions taken. But yeah admittedly this is a forum and not a court and there are two sides to every story. Additionally, this is not a scalable approach. What we want is for both sides to engage in dialog. If we keep glowing reviews of a product for potential buyers to read, valid buyers who have valid concerns should also be allowed to air their thoughts out for sellers to respond to visibly and for other potential buyers to take into consideration.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038913].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
        Originally Posted by pauloadaoag View Post

        We do occasionally investigate reports of scammy/stolen products with the necessary actions taken. But yeah admittedly this is a forum and not a court and there are two sides to every story. Additionally, this is not a scalable approach. What we want is for both sides to engage in dialog. If we keep glowing reviews of a product for potential buyers to read, valid buyers who have valid concerns should also be allowed to air their thoughts out for sellers to respond to visibly and for other potential buyers to take into consideration.
        Paul now be a good time to close this thread as you have given members both sides of the argument and without knowing the other side of the story no one can give the definitive answer here

        Even though the OP says he has been Scammed we do not no enough details

        And as written in the WF rule .7
        If you have a problem with anyone, take it up with them privately. No naming or shaming here since there are two sides to every story.

        So by allowing this to go on has now given others who have a gripe to post a thread

        Jason
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038916].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
          Administrator
          Paul now be a good time to close this thread as you have given members both sides of the argument and without knowing the other side of the story no one can give the definitive answer here
          Normally I'd agree but seeing as he didn't name a seller or product, I'm keen on just letting it stay and to again, ask the community:

          Are there things that you want us to implement to help prevent things like this from happening in the first place?
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039881].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
            Originally Posted by pauloadaoag View Post

            Normally I'd agree but seeing as he didn't name a seller or product, I'm keen on just letting it stay and to again, ask the community:

            Are there things that you want us to implement to help prevent things like this from happening in the first place?
            Do proper moderation of the WSO first and if there is a small chance its not right don't let it proceed

            Jason
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039928].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
            Originally Posted by pauloadaoag View Post

            Normally I'd agree but seeing as he didn't name a seller or product, I'm keen on just letting it stay and to again, ask the community:

            Are there things that you want us to implement to help prevent things like this from happening in the first place?
            You should check with your legal advisor but I think you'd be crazy
            to do anything. If you start moderating or vetting WSOs you are telling
            the world that they have your approval and are safe to purchase. I doubt
            a disclaimer would matter.

            You will expose yourself to legal liability at worst... unending nuisance
            problem resolution at best.

            There is no way for you to win... none.

            Buyer's need to learn how to discern trustworthy sellers and sellers
            need to learn how to develop the trust that inspires people to buy.

            Best for you to let the market work it out.
            Signature
            If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    valid buyers who have valid concerns should also be allowed to air their thoughts out for sellers to respond to visibly and for other potential buyers to take into consideration.
    I TOTALLY agree with that - and negative reviews have not only been permitted but encouraged in WSO threads. The only codicil is the review must be posted by a purchaser - and be about the product rather than an attack on the seller. In other words - state your concerns or complaint about the product or the seller where the seller can respond.

    The OP has been back to the forum - but has not contributed anything further in the thread he started. This thread is damaging as it leads some to fear being scammed here and they will pass that warning on - based on a complaint that may or may not be 'valid'.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039439].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      Nice to see we are on the same page. And admittedly, if the user posted the name of the seller or product, I would have closed this thread and told the user to post it in the WSO's own thread.

      Now I wanna ask the community, since we are on the subject already - what changes do you want to see in the WSO section to help prevent these things from happening?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eDreamer
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      ...negative reviews have not only been permitted but encouraged in WSO threads. The only codicil is the review must be posted by a purchaser - and be about the product rather than an attack on the seller. In other words - state your concerns or complaint about the product or the seller where the seller can respond.

      ...This thread is damaging as it leads some to fear being scammed here and they will pass that warning on - based on a complaint that may or may not be 'valid'.
      I think threads like these are absolutely necessary in this world, because like dangers of real life, the danger of being taken advantage of online is very real and is something that needs to be addressed since it is such a big part of this culture.

      Not to raise fear, just to raise awareness and savvy on the part of those who want or need it.

      And while honest reviews may have always been permitted or encouraged in the WSO section, there are many sellers who have very misleading reviews because of the connections they hold. Plus some people feel as though they can't be honest in a way that sheds negative light on someone else's product, especially if they feel they will be unjustly penalized for it or attacked over it in some way.

      I think putting restrictions on the money claims did a lot as far as controlling shady business in the WSO section, I know it really shook things up around here but I think it showed a genuine desire to improve the forum. But I don't think it's realistic to be able to get rid of every marketer who has less than noble intentions.

      The best thing to combat something like this is being able to openly talk about it, make it known, share stories, and try to help each other when possible. Denying it or sweeping it under the rug doesn't help anyone.

      By abiding by the forum rules and not naming or shaming anyone specific, we can talk about problems and experiences like scammers, and by talking about it we won't make it worse but could make it better.

      We're not aiming to increase fear, just to increase wisdom.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    what changes do you want to see in the WSO section to help prevent these things from happening?
    Unfortunately, the Internet is not the birthplace of scammers or suckers. They have both been around for a very long time. With such a concentration of potential victims, it's only logical the Warrior Forum would have a healthy crop of scammers.

    You can't be a babysitter to every wide-eyed wannabe who's not smart enough to read things through, think things through and make intelligent decisions.

    Caveat Emptor - the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

    I've been doing this nine years and have never been "scammed" past the point of buying an ebook that didn't deliver.

    I read the fine print. I use PayPal or I don't buy. Quite simply, I protect myself online and everyone else has the same responsibility.

    Brent
    Signature
    Instant WordPress Website! Perfect Solution For Beginners!
    Try Our Drag & Drop Website Builder For WordPress - Get Started Right Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039929].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      Unfortunately, the Internet is not the birthplace of scammers or suckers. They have both been around for a very long time. With such a concentration of potential victims, it's only logical the Warrior Forum would have a healthy crop of scammers.

      You can't be a babysitter to every wide-eyed wannabe who's not smart enough to read things through, think things through and make intelligent decisions.

      Caveat Emptor - the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

      I've been doing this nine years and have never been "scammed" past the point of buying an ebook that didn't deliver.

      I read the fine print. I use PayPal or I don't buy. Quite simply, I protect myself online and everyone else has the same responsibility.

      Brent
      Any ideas how we can make the due diligence you are talking about easier?
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You should not try to make it "easier" - the forum should make it "clear" that members are responsible for their own decisions.

    As for WSO's - this poster never mentioned "WSO". However, that section is still posting guarantees (spotted one today that guarantees $150 a day - just not in the title).

    The WSO threads are filled with useless comments of those asking for reviews copies in thread after thread (against the rules but not enforced) - with those asking for discounts and the most recent "comment style" - "sounds good I would buy but no money". Those posts were deleted in minutes in the past - but not now.

    Moderating the WSO forum is work - I know that. But it's critical to the success of that section and the reputation of the forum.

    How about cliff notes of the WSO rules (For buyers and sellers) - clearly visible in that section....AND a "disclaimer" also clearly visible that outlines a buyer's responsibility and what protection there is - if any. TELL buyers to use due diligence to evaluate both offer and seller and that a 'refund guarantee' cannot be assumed if it's not clearly mentioned.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040269].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anayb
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Stovall
    Ouch!

    eDreamer is correct, go to PayPal their very good in responding to refunds. The IM world is full of "snake oil" that's what I have found out over the years since I have been skating around this industry.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11040337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heather Leigh 93
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, it sucks but there are some people out there that are just after your money and not interested in providing actual value to customers. File a dispute through paypal they should be able to get you your money back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pcmonkey1
    Go thru Paypal for the refund. If he does have any sort of reputation or business at all, he'll know he can't lose his reputation with Paypal... Good luck, and I'll be glad to suggest some offline things you can do to make money if that helps, and I hope your treatment goes well-
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timexer
    Hi,

    I would gather as much documentation as possible (time and dates you met, what was discussed etc) and maybe seek some legal advice? If you paid with a credit card, then maybe your bank could help. Reaching out to Paypal could also help.

    Hope you find a way to solve this problem ASAP.


    Best,
    Timothy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    After reading the OPs post again something not sitting right ! and the fact that there has never been a reply and the last time the OP was on forum was the day of the thread

    5 days ago , I mean if you wanted advice would you not thank and ask more questions re the issue? gut tells me this may not be legit just hope I am wrong

    Jason
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11041967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TMets5
    I feel your pain and this industry is unfortunately rampant with unscrupulous 'me first" marketers posing as legit coaches, trainers, and gurus. Hopefully, if you used Pay pal and there was some guarantee in writing you may have some recourse. I wish you the best and hope more for your health and future prosperity

    Best wishes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rprieto60
    I'm sorry to hear you got scammed. It has happened to me a couple of times, with two different so called coaches. $1000 the first time and $500 the second. I paid for a service, got very little in return and an unfinished job for all the money invested.

    In both instances I went to PayPal with complete documentation, including receipts for monies paid, emails sent back and forth with all the excuses for non delivery and promises to refund me (which never happened). You know what PayPal did? Not a damn thing. They let them keep my money.

    Bottom line...learn from the lesson and move on. PayPal is out to make a buck. they don't care about your circumstances or mine. Sorry to sound so callous, but it's the hard truth. PayPal don't give a crap about anyone but PayPal. I'd say that there's a 99.9% chance you'll never see that money again.

    The second time it happened I was so pissed off I went and posted info about the scammer on RipoffReport.com, as well as trashing his reputation in a lot of marketing groups on Facebook. I posted screen captures of his emails to me with all his lies exposed. There are a lot of people who now know to steer clear of him.

    I figure that if I'm never going to see my money again, I could at least do what I could to prevent him from scamming someone else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maors
    Halo everybody. First of all, thank you for all the advice you gave me. There are some great people here and that is the reason I came here for help:-)
    I am trying to work things out with the seller, and hope to fix the situation soon. I managed to make him reply me about some of the problems and questions at last, and trying to get a refund, if it won't succeed I go to Paypal. More optimistic now than I was a few days ago (maybe he saw this post and it helped, I don't know).

    To all of you that think that I am a fraud.... well - why on earth would someone comes here and posts this kind of thread - with no names and details, just to waste your time? I chose not to put any details, because starting a world war with someone who has my money didn't seem like a smart step.... and I'm also aware of the fact that the warrior forum is not responsible for this kind of things.

    All I wanted is some advice from people with similar experience, that's all.

    I also chose not to reply here because I saw a few comments that seemed to be blaming me, as if I offended someone here personally. Well - I didn't. And I never said that everybody here in the forum is a fraud - on the contrary - I've never been scammed here in the past!

    I actually believe that most people here are honest. But when you purchase you have to check out very carefully what you are doing and who you are doing business with.

    By the way - I didn't try to make money fast (unless you think that 6 - 12 month is super fast to start making some income). but I knew that if I've tried to figure out everything by myself, it could take years.

    That might be a mistake in my way of thinking, but still, I don't think that the punishment for this mistake should be so harsh:-)

    Anyway, I am glad I asked for help and again would like to thank everybody here who gave their advice and shared their knowledge. I was also happy to see the important discussion, that might hep other prevent from what happened to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paulk59
    Sorry to hear about this and i'm sure most of this is too familiar to us all. I'm hoping you get this resolved.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenm44
    Sorry to hear about your plight. Many have been caught out by these sort of people!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11044107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ariel Mayorga
    I am not just a member of this club, I am the president. I got scammed for $35K by some guy locally. I feel for you but keep trying. My goal is to recoup the money lost with an honest and ethical business venture and will help people from being victimized by the likes of the guy I dealt with and the one you mentioned. Good luck and hang in there
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jw22777
    Whenever I went through a problem like this, and paypal couldn't assist me, I would call my bank, and they would swiftly take action and return my money back to me.

    Call your bank and tell them the situation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EelKat
      Originally Posted by jw22777 View Post

      Whenever I went through a problem like this, and paypal couldn't assist me, I would call my bank, and they would swiftly take action and return my money back to me.

      Call your bank and tell them the situation.
      This is what I did a while back. Nothing to do with internet marketing or Warrior's Forum. I had bought some items from an online site, never got anything. When I went to my paypal account to see if the order had gone through... it had... again and again and again and again... some sort of weird "reoccurring payment" that was taking the same amount out of my account every single day! (I had bought an actually physical item, not something that had a subscription of multiple pays.)


      When went to contact seller, to find out why they were repeating my order daily, I found seller had vanished. Site was gone and everything. I had paid through PayPal, via my bank card. I immediately filed with PayPal and next morning drove to my bank, asked to speak with one of their financial advisers. Told her the situation. She went into my bank account and put a stop payment on the bank card. Then a couple days later, I got a message from paypal saying they had researched the situation, said they had evidence the seller was a fraud, refunded the money.

      With the help of my bank and PayPal I had all my money back in less then a week.

      You really need to not bat around the bush and wait for a scam artist to give you, your money back. Go straight to your bank and PayPal. If you truly were scammed, they WILL help you. But as others have said there is a time limit.

      You can also go to your local police and local district court as well. Know too that if you plan to take the scam artist to court - you only have 120 days from the purchase date to file a lawsuit against them, so anything you do outside of court, has to be done quick.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I am trying to work things out with the seller, and hope to fix the situation soon. I managed to make him reply me about some of the problems and questions at last, and trying to get a refund, if it won't succeed I go to Paypal.
    That you would complain to Warrior+ - and "work with" the seller about "problems and questions" but are "trying to get a refund" and not file a dispute with Paypal....makes no sense to many of us who understand how "things" work.

    A couple years ago Paypal changed it's "dispute window" from 45 days to 180 days....but it doesn't stay open forever.

    By the way - I didn't try to make money fast (unless you think that 6 - 12 month is super fast to start making some income). but I knew that if I've tried to figure out everything by myself, it could take years.

    That might be a mistake in my way of thinking, but still, I don't think that the punishment for this mistake should be so harsh:-)
    You are correct to think it "takes time" - but I'm not sure what the "harsh punishment" is so maybe I'm missing something. Did you pay for 6-12 months and then ask for a full refund? Is that why you haven't filed with paypal? Answering a few of the questions asked in this thread would help others understand the issue.

    I hope you can resolve this - but the failure to file with Paypal is unusual.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11045601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZachMiller
    How is your PayPal funded?

    If by credit card, do a chargeback [worst case scenario]..

    Until then, exhaust efforts with Warrior+ support & PayPal..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11046007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Desperate people make desperate mistakes.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffiliatePrograms
    I've enjoyed a few free webinars by some famous ones, but I've never paid and never plan to pay for "training."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048642].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thomasrielly87
      Do you need a paid account to post a forum topic?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048650].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
        Administrator
        Originally Posted by thomasrielly87 View Post

        Do you need a paid account to post a forum topic?
        Nope you dont. Why do you ask?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11049999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomasrielly87
    Hi guys,I'm looking for some help too!

    About 6 months ago I developed a website - http://www.mysocialrewards.com.au

    The initial idea was to tap in to high performing CPA offers in Australia and build the website as a platform where everyday people could represent brands to their friends and make real money, we would give them offers to promote, collect the affiliate reward from our advertisers and pass a percentage of the CPA back to the users on the website who promoted our deal. The way I see it is that everytime I'm able to get a user to sign up to my website:

    1. They have the potential to purchase a listed offer on the website
    2. They have the potential to share offers with their friends to make money for themselves and me
    3. They have the potential to share a sign up link with their friends who can then make money for themselves and me and their friend (you get 20% of whatever your friends earns for the lifetime of their account on top of their earnings)

    So there are a few multipliers there and to me it seems like a pretty solid idea if I can push the right traffic to it.

    Things started off pretty well and we had a few people who were close to us using the site and making some money for both themselves and my business, I have since then struggled to get users to actually use the platform due to a lack of trying really and have put it on the side burner for a while. I am once again interested in making it work.

    I have a few questions to the Warrior forum members.

    1.What do you think of the idea?
    2. Do you have any ideas initially that may help push traffic?
    3. If you like the idea is there anyone who'd like to get involved?

    Thanks guys, really appreciate your help on this one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11048664].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pauloadaoag
      Administrator
      Hi guys,I'm looking for some help too!

      About 6 months ago I developed a website - http://www.mysocialrewards.com.au

      The initial idea was to tap in to high performing CPA offers in Australia and build the website as a platform where everyday people could represent brands to their friends and make real money, we would give them offers to promote, collect the affiliate reward from our advertisers and pass a percentage of the CPA back to the users on the website who promoted our deal. The way I see it is that everytime I'm able to get a user to sign up to my website:
      I think it would work better if you posted this on a separate thread.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    Originally Posted by maors View Post

    Hi everybody.
    I'll try to be short here.
    I have a business and made some money on and offline.
    I wanted to further develop my business, so I can start having some good income, reinvest, grow, etc.

    I needed the extra money not only to build a better life, but also for an expensive, yet much needed, MEDICAL TREATMENT, and I knew that unless I am able to start having good income, I won't be able to get.

    I realized that trying to figure out everything myself would take too much time, which I don't have. So I looked for some help AND TRAINING. and so I found someone here, on warrior forum.

    He seemed honest at first. Had some great reviews. didn't have negative ones. When we talked he sounded very professional, and he talked about things that I knew for sure that were working today.

    And so I decided to work with him.

    He billed me in a strange way, through warrior+, but I didn't mind too much - as he sent me a disclaimer directly to my mail.

    And then things got bad.

    He started disappearing, telling me that he had other things to do and he don't have time to train me (EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR IT!). I paid him to help me with a new product - and ended up doing most of the work myself. He is now ignoring most of my messages, and it takes me days to reach him and weeks to be able to talk to him.

    I know that I'll never get to see the income I expected to see after working with him. Actually, I invested a huge some and haven't seen any return whatsoever.

    All I want is my money back. And I am not sure how to do this, I know he'll never refund me even though I paid and didn't get service:-(

    Tried contacting warrior+, they tried talking to him but it didn't help.

    I don't know if Paypal will help me - and since my health depends in this money, I am depressed, just not sure what to do.

    If anybody here would be willing to help me or give me some advice.....

    I'd be more than grateful.

    What would you do if you were in my place?
    Do you mind if I asked you a few questions?

    1. What are you promoting?

    2. Who are you promoting to?

    3. And why are you promoting in the first place?


    Truth being said, most people only want to go online to make money for themselves and loved ones.

    Regardless of what reasons they give, those are the 2 main practical reasons

    The point I am trying to make is from those 3 questions is that sales and marketing is NOT just about selling more stuff to make more money.

    Sales and marketing - never mind on-or-offline - is about connecting with your target audience and niche.

    As in the group of people - you KNOW will be interested in what you have to offer and CONNECT with them.

    That is how you build relationships and trust.

    Before recommending products and services - can be your own or others you are promoting as an affiliate - as solutions to their needs and wants.

    Everyday people - including me - see their inbox full of email promos. Unless they are from marketers and friends they know and trusted, chances are most will simply delete and thrash them.

    That is the result of what I called Ad And Email Blindness.

    Even if they opted in to some of those marketers list but have forgotten after a few days.

    If I were you, I will contact the affiliate network in which he promotes his products on as platform for refund.

    If he is promoting his in-house affiiate program on a private site, then that might be a problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11050084].message }}

Trending Topics