No sales. What's wrong?

by Kamal Elshan Aslanov 23 replies
Hey guys. I will be short.
I found one marketing technique that should work really cool. I started to offer free product that costs $20 on other shops like ebay or amazon and just placed a shipping fee of six gbp, I launched fb ads campaign. I got 109 clicks for $24 and no sales at all...
What I am doing wrong?
Website design and everything else really looks trusty.
Why the don't buy that?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #sales #wrong
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Originally Posted by Kamal Elshan Aslanov View Post

    Hey guys. I will be short.
    I found one marketing technique that should work really cool. I started to offer free product that costs $20 on other shops like ebay or amazon and just placed a shipping fee of six gbp, I launched fb ads campaign. I got 109 clicks for $24 and no sales at all...
    What I am doing wrong?
    Website design and everything else really looks trusty.
    Why the don't buy that?


    Are you targeting the right GEO traffic? I see GBP so I assume you don't want US traffic (USD).

    Split test and charge a small fee, show the price in your ad If possible to see If it will get rid of the window shoppers. Social media is notorious for window shoppers.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170315].message }}
    • Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Are you targeting the right GEO traffic? I see GBP so I assume you don't want US traffic (USD).

      Split test and charge a small fee, show the price in your ad If possible to see If it will get rid of the window shoppers. Social media is notorious for window shoppers.
      Yes my prices in GBP. But I see some similar websites that their price also in GBP but they target US and get pretty good sales.
      Maybe I should really target only UK? Is that really works? I mean in GBP prices show lower than USD
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170337].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Originally Posted by Kamal Elshan Aslanov View Post

        Yes my prices in GBP. But I see some similar websites that their price also in GBP but they target US and get pretty good sales.
        Maybe I should really target only UK? Is that really works? I mean in GBP prices show lower than USD


        I'm in the US and personally I'd never buy from a site that advertised a foreign currency.

        A foreign currency on a sales page is confusing (how much am I really paying?) and leaves me guessing If the product will ever arrive or be stuck in customs for 2 months (example).

        I think you need to target your traffic better.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170348].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
        Originally Posted by Kamal Elshan Aslanov View Post

        Yes my prices in GBP. But I see some similar websites that their price also in GBP but they target US and get pretty good sales.
        Maybe I should really target only UK? Is that really works? I mean in GBP prices show lower than USD
        Multi Country Pricing

        WooCommerce Price Based on Country

        Don't limit yourself...
        Signature
        How To Make $10,000 Per Month, "Working" Only 2 Hours Per Day! Download The 2017 "Profit Blueprint"
        For Free (Over 150,000 People Have Already Downloaded It!) Get The Blueprint Now! >>>
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171253].message }}
  • Well, so you think that someone from UK won't buy if I use US dollars as currency? Because it will confuse them?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Originally Posted by Kamal Elshan Aslanov View Post

      Well, so you think that someone from UK won't buy if I use US dollars as currency? Because it will confuse them?


      Some will buy, some won't.

      You stand a very good chance of running some traffic off because of foreign currency.

      There's other things in play, some US credit cards might set off red flags trying to buy something outside the credit card holders known country, even Paypal is sensitive like that.

      IMO, free products with only payed shipping from another country is also suspicious.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Kamal Elshan Aslanov View Post

    I found one marketing technique that should work really cool. I started to offer free product that costs $20 on other shops like ebay or amazon and just placed a shipping fee of six gbp, I launched fb ads campaign. I got 109 clicks for $24 and no sales at all...
    What I am doing wrong?
    It would be helpful if you told us the product. Also, if you're going to be shipping it from the UK to the US or other countries, would you actually make any profit on that £6 GBP?
    Signature
    I've just put Richard Branson's number on speed-dial. I call it my "Get-Rich-Quick" scheme.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Are you giving people a reason why you're doing a free plus shipping offer?

    If you don't, people will invent their own, and you won't like what they come up with. My own answers would range from "what's the catch" to "is this some kind of phishing scam".

    Give people a logical reason, like "this is a marketing test" or "we want to raise awareness of the product" and you may get better results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I agree those in the US are unlikely to buy from a 'different' currency - the same is not as true in European countries. Size of the US and the location is the reason. If no sales in the UK - you may have a bigger problem than currency. Is the sales copy in proper English? (Yes, that does matter when you are trying to sell to an English speaking market).

    I've purchased several things from businesses in the UK - no Paypal problems doing that for me.

    There's more to the story? You say the product sells for $20 elsewhere (is there a shipping fee on top of that?) - and you are giving the same product away free....for about $8 shipping cost??? (6 GBP?)

    My own reaction to seeing such an ad would be "knockoff product". Consumers aren't stupid - if a price is 'too good to be true' - they will often think "scam". You didn't say if this is digital or physical product - we are assuming physical.
    Signature

    Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author awledd
    The variable here can be, visitors targeted, product, price, etc ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author helisell
    It's a pretty awful website.

    Most of above the fold is a graphic. There is no sales copy?
    Signature

    Just an old goat who knows quite a lot about sales and marketing.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170664].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
      Originally Posted by helisell View Post

      It's a pretty awful website.

      Most of above the fold is a graphic. There is no sales copy?
      ^^^^^
      THIS

      You need to do better to instill confidence in the buyer. Your site falls way short. Targeting US buyers in GBP doesn't help either (as Yukon said).
      Signature
      A DFY Business that Requires Just 5 Hours per Month
      CLICK HERE FOR INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Did you develop any skill over months, to inspire folks to know, like and trust you Kamal? The site is OK, but I have no clue who I am buying from, or, no real trust markers their. Sales grow when you give value aka help aka content to inspire folks to know, like and trust you. Really tough to buy that trust with money because you're buying numbers, and numbers don't buy products...people do.....until you spend big bucks to buy a sick volume of leads....then it becomes a bit more of a numbers game, but you still have no guarantees.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11170749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xpatlifestyle
    100 clicks are just too small to tell, you may also have to think about if you have the laser focused traffic.

    by the way, if you plan to give away the product, then what's your reason to charge this "expensive" postage? to cover the product cost or the marketing cost? i am sorry to tell that many items from ebay sell at below cost plus free shipping from china, what's your advantage?

    finally, change the pound to dollar, we are still use dollar as our main exchange currency, if you wish you may put a little plugin in your site to change the currency at buyer's choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171002].message }}
  • 220 clicks and no sales
    I launched my another campaign where I sell fidget spinners. It is free shipping and costs like 3-10 bucks. Let's see what happens
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harry Exper
    Maybe visitors see your offer as too good to be true and they don't see other reason to trust you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lemonheadz
    you're going to need to spend more than $24 before you call it quits. Since this is a new venture, you don't even have enough data on an audience segment of proven buyers. You need to test more ads/audiences/images/etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clairelynn23
    Just don't have enough of a base number, but also, remember you need to adjust and retest.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    It just sounds like you need more experience all round. Don't worry if you have a long term plan and use ethics...you will learn and get better results as you go.
    Signature

    No Other Career Has Created MORE Millionaires than Network Marketing. However, traditional Networking Sucks! Stop Failing With the Other 97%! -->>Here's how the Pros Do it Online--<<

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11171708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Grace Johnson
    I don't have much experience in marketing, but I hired a company that helped me to increase sales and attract new customers (https://voiptimecloud.com/lead-management-system/). Now I'm going to improve my knowledge and start doing it by myself. But I shouldn't start all this process from the very beginning. Maybe it would be a good solution for you either.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11174575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pardeep singh
    might be product default because audience only search those products who will solve problems first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11174753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author krisvettel
    patience is a big thing, May be you will start getting order in 2 or 3 days
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11174790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun4 Whole
    keep working it takes some time and use graphical images
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11174817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clairelynn23
    You must identify your target and market to them. Make sure your sales copy is good enough to convert.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11174989].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 6 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Don't ever give up trying to make money online

    Hi there fellow Marketer... I WILL NOT SELL YOU ANYTHING HERE! I have been an online Marketer for 10 years now and I do this full-time. The first four years, ... [read more]

  • 3 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Review my first Wordpress Website

    powermatrix in Web Design

    Hello Brothers, I have been a freelancer from 2010 to 2012 doing logo designing and slogan creations and ran a blogger site which i later deleted. Since then i have ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    My site is in sandbox, how can i remove it?

    mirfan in Internet Marketing

    I have made a blog some 4 months ago and site is still in sandbox, can you please guide me how can i remove it from sandbox? https://americanholidayscalendar.com/. I have ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Automatically add amazon affiliate links to hundreds of products?

    I have a site that I built up over a number of months that has a lot of reviews of my favorite products I've bought from amazon. I'm only now ... [read more]

  • 6 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Blog and guest posting ideas

    Ahsan21 in SEO

    Hi.. Today's marketing level are depend on blogs and guest posting and majorities of companies required those employees whose have an idea of guest and blog posting.. Actually i have ... [read more]