I'm usually the first one of my friends to start listening to artists which become popular over time. I'll pick up on a band when they're complete nobodies and my friends are all saying "where do you find this weird crap?". A year and a half later, they're buying the bands hottest new single. This happens all the time and I WANT TO PROFIT FROM IT!
So how do you do it? Does anyone here make money from any of the following:
- An upcoming album release from a POPULAR band/artist
- An upcoming album release from an UNPOPULAR band/artist
- An new band or artist which few people know about yet
- Obscure bands which have been around for a while but never obtained large scale commercial success
- International artists/bands who are not well known in the U.S.
- Older bands which are no longer making music, but maybe release a compilation album once in a while.
Warriors, please respond. I know we have lots of music lovers here. Surely one of you is making music on your passion. Steve Wagenheim, you love music. Ever make a buck on "The Cars" ?