Best Time to Send Email Blast?

by LilBlackDress 43 replies
What is the best time you have found to send out an email blast...day of week? Time of day? Targeting consumers.

Thanks!
#main internet marketing discussion forum #blast #email #send #time
  • Profile picture of the author garyv
    Personally, I've found that it doesn't make much difference. It's not like a phone-call. If you send out an email, it will be there when the other person checks their email. It's not like they are going to miss your email, because they were asleep - or at lunch - when you sent it. I could be wrong though, and I'd also be interested in the reasoning behind a well timed email...
  • Profile picture of the author innocent07
    Banned
    Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post

    What is the best time you have found to send out an email blast...day of week? Time of day? Targeting consumers.

    Thanks!
    This really depends on the many factors such as:
    -the niche,
    -how targeted the traffic is,
    -the relationship you have with the list
    -where the traffic came from

    But 6pm on Wednasday has worked well for me, but i guess it has to be tested
  • Profile picture of the author LilBlackDress
    I recall reading somewhere that Mondays people would delete your mail cus they were busy. Weekends no one could be bothered. Tues and Weds am was best as more people were free...something like that.

    Just wondered what people had found to be the best time.
    Signature

    Pen Name + 8 eBooks + social media sites 4 SALE - PM me (evergreen beauty niche)

    • Profile picture of the author garyv
      Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post

      I recall reading somewhere that Mondays people would delete your mail cus they were busy. Weekends no one could be bothered. Tues and Weds am was best as more people were free...something like that.

      Just wondered what people had found to be the best time.
      Hmm... that's an interesting theory, and could very well be right. Now I'm curious about this as well...
  • Profile picture of the author Dalun
    The best time for an email blast would be around 1-3 pm. People are taking a lunch break or having some downtime. They can check up on emails while relaxing from work. I've had a good response rate during those times.
    • Profile picture of the author innocent07
      Banned
      It also depends on what country your target subscribers are from.

      If you are from Egypt, and you have targeted USA subscribers for your niche, you would have to adjust
    • Profile picture of the author tiroberts
      Originally Posted by Dalun View Post

      The best time for an email blast would be around 1-3 pm. People are taking a lunch break or having some downtime. They can check up on emails while relaxing from work. I've had a good response rate during those times.
      This is a good question. I agree with you that between 1-3 would be a good time, or anytime after 6pm. That's normally when people are getting in from work and check emails.
      Signature
      Need More Traffic To Your Blog Or Website? HIRE ME TO SEND IT!!

      My Latest Blog Post: How to Invest $0 Into Your Blog & Still Generate $2k+ Per Month
  • Profile picture of the author Shaun OReilly
    Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post

    What is the best time you have found to send out an email blast...day of week? Time of day? Targeting consumers.

    Thanks!
    The best day and time of day will depend upon your target market.

    The only way to find out for sure is to do some split-tests for
    your own list to find out the best overall day and time for you.

    Send the exact same message at different times/days.

    Also, you may want to segment your list members by country
    or continent if you've got an international list.

    Why?

    Because if you send an e-mail at noon EST, that's 9am PST,
    and a whole other time zone for Europe and Australia for
    example.

    It's hard to find one size that fits all.

    As an aside, I never refer to doing an e-mail blast.

    I cherish my lists and don't want to blast them with anything.

    I remember hearing someone say that they were going to 'hit'
    their list with an offer. That's disrespectful.

    Remember that your list consists of living, real human beings
    who don't want to be blasted or hit with anything.

    Dedicated to your success,

    Shaun
    Signature

    .

    • Profile picture of the author LilBlackDress
      Originally Posted by Shaun OReilly View Post

      The best day and time of day will depend upon your target market.

      The only way to find out for sure is to do some split-tests for
      your own list to find out the best overall day and time for you.

      Send the exact same message at different times/days.

      Also, you may want to segment your list members by country
      or continent if you've got an international list.

      Why?

      Because if you send an e-mail at noon EST, that's 9am PST,
      and a whole other time zone for Europe and Australia for
      example.

      It's hard to find one size that fits all.

      As an aside, I never refer to doing an e-mail blast.

      I cherish my lists and don't want to blast them with anything.

      I remember hearing someone say that they were going to 'hit'
      their list with an offer. That's disrespectful.

      Remember that your list consists of living, real human beings
      who don't want to be blasted or hit with anything.

      Dedicated to your success,

      Shaun
      Shaun,

      With all due respect I find nothing wrong with the term email blast

      It is a simple description and the term is not in anyway offensive in my view.

      I certainly do value my email list and I think they enjoy my periodic email blasts (judging by the fact that no one has unsubscribed).

      Yes I am aware of time zones. I am looking at the US market and best time for them.
      Signature

      Pen Name + 8 eBooks + social media sites 4 SALE - PM me (evergreen beauty niche)

  • Profile picture of the author KhadijahChapman
    The best time to do email blasts is first thing in the morning and sometime after 6pm.. people tend to check their emails first thing in the morning or sometime during lunch, but more so after the work day.

    When you post in the am that covers the morning and the lunch hour.... early evening covers after the work day and the evening...
    Signature

    [FONT=Tahoma]Khadijah Chapman, Wealth Strategist and Founder of The Millionaires Matrix, A Wealth Building Club Designed to create Millionaires! With No Excuses, Apologies or Exceptions. For more information go to www.jointhemillionairesmatrix.com

    • Profile picture of the author Paulie Ciara
      Originally Posted by KhadijahChapman View Post

      The best time to do email blasts is first thing in the morning and sometime after 6pm.. people tend to check their emails first thing in the morning or sometime during lunch, but more so after the work day.
      But what's the point since the e-mail just sits in the inbox until they see it?

      I've heard that Monday is the worst day to send e-mails since everyone's suffering from the Monday blues, but I send out e-mails to my lists all the time on Monday and the response doesn't seem to be lackluster when compared to other days.

      Bottom line, I think there are better things to be worrying about than when to send your e-mail.
  • Profile picture of the author Totoy Mola
    Banned
    [DELETED]
  • Profile picture of the author krisDupree
    I have received the best results mid - week, mid- afternoon. But really if you have a steady paced blast you will receive leads regularly. (Even with those pesky opt-outs.)
  • Profile picture of the author cjayrc
    Personally anytime really works, a good tip is to send follow up messages a day or two/week later.

    On another note...

    Anyone in this thread offering bulk email sending services? I'm in need of someone dependable to send off my lists. I'll be providing the templates and the lists. PM if interested.
  • Profile picture of the author marthaswares
    I have found that it really does make a difference when you send an email out. The times that have worked the best for me are between noon-3pm EST. Again, as everyone says, you need to test, test and test again.

    Martha Alexander
    Signature
    MonsterMarketingSecrets.com

Trending Topics