* This is not my sole purpose. (a new business is not formed on forum posts alone)
* I'm not averse to getting publicity through the Forum as long as there is some benefit to people who read the thread which I intend to provide to the best of my ability.
* I can't guarantee that this thread will help or inspire people in their online ventures, but try I will.
* Share with you what I am doing in every detail possible.
* Be open to any feedback.
* Aim to go about this thread in the spirit of the Warrior Forum.
I'll try to be clear and concise without skimming over major points.
This is not something new or revolutionary.
I've teamed up with a very capable web designer to produce a package aimed at giving small business owners a web presence.
I feel that the competitive advantage I have here is
* Quality of design coupled with effective marketing.
The package will include everything a small business needs to successfully launch their business on the web. As has been discussed before, you cannot just have a site, even if it is the prettiest, flashiest site out there. You need traffic. Targeted traffic. Furthermore it has to convert that traffic into paying customers.
What will we be offering?
* A Complete "Package Web Deal" which includes everything you need to get online, get customers and increase your profit.
Originally, I considered targeting Internet Marketers, then both Small Business Owners, and decided upon the "Small Business Owner Market"
BEFORE I GO ON: If you haven't checked out OfflineBiz.com then do. I found this after I started work on this project. From what I can gather, it started from a thread here in WF. They are pretty much doing this kind of thing: bringing IM expertise to small business owners to help them succeed online. I'm planning to join so I can network with some people there and perhaps be outsourced..... anyway...
Pricing has not been fixed yet, however the package would include the following services. (some may be optional, not sure yet)
* Custom Designed Logo.
* Corporate Identity Kit (if they already have a logo we can do up graphics based on this)
* Custom Designed Website (no templates, multiple proofs, personalized service)
* 10 pages of content (more pages if required)
* Free hosting.
* Free domain.
* Free one-on-one consultation.
* Access to Project Manager.
* Ongoing support for things like updates and changes to content.
* Consultation with marketing consultant.
* Online Marketing plan
* Pay Per Click setup and management. (adwords)
* Autoresponder and opt in forms
* Blog setup
* Ongoing marketing support.
Site will be designed with marketing and SEO in mind. I guess that a lot of designers may not do this, or not do it well.
PRICE: We are looking at around the $700 mark for the whole package. I have reason to believe this is well priced and affordable for what we provide.
The designers are capable with a lot of experience, server is reliable.
OK. This is how I am thinking about Marketing it. I don't have a list. I don't have any JV partners. I don't have any experience with launching something like this. But I'm ready to step up and I'm playing to win.
The Marketing Plan
I know this is going to make a lot of marketers YAWN but I'm hoping it will at least help the super-newbie.
So I have determined
* Target Market.
* USP (unique selling position) or Competitive Advantage.
* Pricing (roughly)
I have Completed:
Registered domain name.
Pre-launch squeeze page.
Sales Page copy.
Pre-Launch Squeeze Page.
Got a template and took some elements. Had it redesigned. I'm using Icontact for the Opt in forms. (if you don't know about squeeze pages, or opt in forms, you should. They are very important. ask me or look it up!)
- Added Bonuses for early birds on prelaunch squeeze page.
- Autoresponder series being developed..
- Added Video at top of page.
The Marketing Plan. (To Do List.)
Launch Date: November 2008
- Find people to JV with. Work out commission to pay.
- JV post at warrior forum.
- Get blog going.
- Daily Updates of blog
- Research into effective blogging, rss, commenting etc.
- Consider outsourcing this as I don't know a lot about it.
- Write and submit articles to multiple directories.
- Make use of keywords.
- EzineArticles.com etc
- Research into keywords. Long-tail.
- Prepare initial adwords campaign.
Ezine Marketing Strategy
- Determine budget for ezine marketing.
- Decide on exact ezines to target.
- Prepare for pre-launch ASAP.
- Use DOE (directory of ezines)
- Prepare squidoo lens.
- Try to ensure our site has the best SEO we can manage.
- Decide on twitter approach. ( I already have 750 followers but I don't know how to really use it for marketing yet)
- Traffic swarm.
- Perhaps works best with Squeeze pages than long sales pages.
- Using stompernet bonuses. (pity my package STILL hasn't arrived)
- 10x10x4 video marketing.
- Outsourcing required for the following tasks.
1) Yahoo Answers.
Answering questions in the small business section giving relevant advice with a link to our sales page
2) Business Directories.
Approaching small-businesses directly through small business and local business directories. Requires person to seek out potential clients and send an email offering our services.
Using classified ads to blast ads into printed media.
- Research into webrings and how they can improve SEO
Put ads out on craigslist, targeting local communities
Social Network Marketing
- Facebook Page
- Myspace Page
- Make a press release for our product.
I'm sure there are a host of other things that can be done to promote this, but this is what I have come up with so far.
We don't need a lot of sales to pull a profit. 15 - 20 clients a week at first will be all that we can handle, so I don't know how much traffic we will need to attract.
If I haven't gone into enough detail, or if anyone has any more ideas on how to promote this, please let me know.
I look forward to sharing more details with you.