Facebook fan page how to increase followers

by 58 comments
I have a FB fan page that I just stared for a new youtube show I'm doing. I want the fan page to help promote my new show but I'm having a hard time gaining fans.

I have already "invited" my current friends to fan my page but after my immediate friends I am kinda stuck. I am in the music niche and I know that I can post on other music fan pages but I dont want to look like a spammer. What are some good ways to promote myself on other peoples pages without looking like a spammer?

I want to use my fan page to drive traffic to my youtube channel so I am looking for any and all ways to help promote my fan page, and gain followers.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
-Nick
#internet marketing #facebook #fan #followers #increase #page
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Slowly increase your number of friends. Go to fan pages and groups of similar interest and add people from these pages and groups as your personal friends. Share good and relevant content with these people and every so often post details about your fan page on your profile.

    After a while the page will begin to grow all by itself...
  • Profile picture of the author nelsonbiglar
    how does someone send a notification from one facebook account to then have others become fans?
    • Profile picture of the author JonAlfredsson
      Originally Posted by nelsonbiglar View Post

      how does someone send a notification from one facebook account to then have others become fans?
      Hmmm... I donít know if I got your question correct but may be youíre referring to Facebookís Suggest page option. You can suggest the page on some or all your friends so they can also like it or be fans.



      I agree. Sharing and looking for people with the same interest can help you get more fans. In fact, once you gained lots of fans coming from the same field of interest, you will notice how the number of fans will increase on your site since they are also looking for network or Facebook connection.
  • Profile picture of the author seowaysdotnet
    Originally Posted by rockstarinlife View Post

    I havent been able to get facebook friend bomber to work in the last 6 months.

    You could always buy a bunch of invites. Last time I checked it was $15 for 10,000 invites. PM me and I will send you the link. This is not my service. But I do buy them for some of my clients to get them a quick 400-1,000+ new fans.
    thanks, its good post
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by paradox_qu View Post

    I have a FB fan page that I just stared for a new youtube show I'm doing. I want the fan page to help promote my new show but I'm having a hard time gaining fans.

    I have already "invited" my current friends to fan my page but after my immediate friends I am kinda stuck. I am in the music niche and I know that I can post on other music fan pages but I dont want to look like a spammer. What are some good ways to promote myself on other peoples pages without looking like a spammer?

    I want to use my fan page to drive traffic to my youtube channel so I am looking for any and all ways to help promote my fan page, and gain followers.

    Any help is appreciated,

    Thanks
    -Nick
    One thing I like to personally do, link my facebook and twitter accounts, when I post on one it posts on the other, helps the reach of my messages
    • Profile picture of the author sanhal
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      One thing I like to personally do, link my facebook and twitter accounts, when I post on one it posts on the other, helps the reach of my messages
      One social media expert said that was not a good thing to do. She said that your followers/fans don't want to see the same message on both.

      Everyone has a different opinion and advice. Kinda hard to know what is best.

      Sandy
  • Profile picture of the author JennSpencerIM
    On fiverr.com you'll find a bunch of people that will request their friends to "like" you...for 5 bucks!
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by rockstarinlife View Post

    I havent been able to get facebook friend bomber to work in the last 6 months.

    You could always buy a bunch of invites. Last time I checked it was $15 for 10,000 invites. PM me and I will send you the link. This is not my service. But I do buy them for some of my clients to get them a quick 400-1,000+ new fans.
    Could you pm me the link for this service. Would be interested in checking it out. Thanks!
  • Profile picture of the author mattalways
    we have been sitting at 130 for about 2 weeks lol. I'm thinking just get people to really like what you're doing? We seem to have an increase whenever a post is really good.
  • Profile picture of the author RLINKEN
    I personally held a give-a-way, where I give away a free program/programs (my ebook) at milestones on the fan page and my results were amazing, infact I have added 3500 people to my fan page in less than two weeks. I gave away programs at 1500, 3000, next at 5000, and then 10k but I did have an amazing response... people adding friends to get to the next mile stone, fans have made encouraging youtube videos, etc.

    I also got my friends, and other social media involved to build this number. Hope the idea helps someone!
    • Profile picture of the author JerryKuzma
      This is all VERY encouraging.....some of us are just getting FB up and running, and I am eager to build my fan page and build the list......thanks everyone
  • Profile picture of the author Plish
    Originally Posted by rockstarinlife View Post

    I havent been able to get facebook friend bomber to work in the last 6 months.

    You could always buy a bunch of invites. Last time I checked it was $15 for 10,000 invites. PM me and I will send you the link. This is not my service. But I do buy them for some of my clients to get them a quick 400-1,000+ new fans.
    Hey Rock,

    I've got less than 50 posts so can't send you a PM. Could you please PM me with the details and also whether not those invites can be targeted to a country - or better yet a region.

    Thanks very much,
    Nick
  • Profile picture of the author x3xsolxdierx3x
    Nick,

    You have a website already? The best way many people increase their Facebook page fans is by linking to it, from their website....when people encounter great beneficial content on their website, many times, they will click through to become a fan....

    Some will...some won't...it's a gradual process...
    • Profile picture of the author Plish
      Originally Posted by x3xsolxdierx3x View Post

      Nick,

      You have a website already? The best way many people increase their Facebook page fans is by linking to it, from their website....when people encounter great beneficial content on their website, many times, they will click through to become a fan....

      Some will...some won't...it's a gradual process...
      Right. I don't promote my website, but my client's websites. I just wanted to know if you can drive targeted traffic to a fan page for money.

      Obviously if I'm promoting a shop in London, then promoting it to anyone outside the country will pretty much be a waste of money.
  • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
    You could try making a page in FBML and adding that to your fan page (making it the default landing tab when people go to your fan page). On that you could write some compelling copy to help make it viral. Check this place out: Facebook Fan Page Engine - 100% Custom Facebook Fan Pages for Facebook Marketing

    You could also offer a decent giveaway and use a (ethical, FB-friendly) 3 step FBML script (there is a free one available on this forum which works good) which will help it go viral.
    • Profile picture of the author Plish
      Originally Posted by Paleochora View Post

      You could try making a page in FBML and adding that to your fan page (making it the default landing tab when people go to your fan page). On that you could write some compelling copy to help make it viral. Check this place out: Facebook Fan Page Engine - 100% Custom Facebook Fan Pages for Facebook Marketing

      You could also offer a decent giveaway and use a (ethical, FB-friendly) 3 step FBML script (there is a free one available on this forum which works good) which will help it go viral.
      Thanks very much mate. I've been experimenting with fan page landing tabs and see a really good opportunity to convert. I'll be setting some up for my clients soon, can you give me the URL for that 3 step thing?

      Nick
  • Profile picture of the author alfredthomson
    why dont you try sending mails on facebook to people attaching link to your videos this will make them visit your page and they will start liking it. you wont have to add them. ask your friends to share your videos this will make the videos to be visible to there friends and the will then visit your page...
  • Profile picture of the author RLINKEN
    My other super fan getting plan was implemented yesterday with solid results. I had a "Do a Good Deed Day" and had everyone post a story about the good deed they did. The winner was decided by who's story had the most "likes", and won a free copy of my ebook. What happens here, is people really want to win, so they start messaging all of their friends to go to your page and "Like" their story... which in turn gets you a ton of people unknowingly promoting the crap out of your fan page and people Liking your page to help their friend out.
  • Profile picture of the author onlinemoney00
    All great answers, I don't know how to add to it even though I do very well with Facebook groups. Create multiple facebook accounts, add people from music related groups, join as many groups related to your music group as possible, you would find that alot of people would start to request to be your friend on facebook. Down the line, you invite all your newfound friends to become your fan on facebook, hope my little 2cents help.
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    Here is one video I did on How To Grow a Facebook Fan Page. You can also create some additional Fan Pages, for example, I want to build a list of people here in San Diego. I created a Page called 365 Fun Things to do in San Diego, have close to 1,000 people already. You can then using FBML Code, put your banner ad on the page or directly message all your Fans.


  • Profile picture of the author mattalways
    We just ended a contest where a sponsor gave away one of their products on our site to a random user on our FB page for publicity. We got 50 new people on Facebook in about 4 days. Looks like that's the way to do it!
  • Profile picture of the author iamchrisgreen
    Here's a video from Calloway Green that is pretty useful for getting more facebook fans:

    • Profile picture of the author Plish
      Originally Posted by freelance4money View Post

      Here's a video from Calloway Green that is pretty useful for getting more facebook fans:

      YouTube - 5 Simple Ways to Get More Facebook Fans
      All due respect to Calloway Green but his fan page only had around 130 fans? I think antonrsa's advice is pretty spot on. Welcome page is no use unless you have traffic...
  • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
    You could request the help of close friends. Invite them to your page and ecnourage them to invite their friends.

    Additionally contests does help even offering to mention them in your video might be enough incentive.

    Essentially if you don't want to look like spammer don't spam pages or walls instead get ways to get others to invite others to your page!
    Originally Posted by paradox_qu View Post

    I have a FB fan page that I just stared for a new youtube show I'm doing. I want the fan page to help promote my new show but I'm having a hard time gaining fans.

    I have already "invited" my current friends to fan my page but after my immediate friends I am kinda stuck. I am in the music niche and I know that I can post on other music fan pages but I dont want to look like a spammer. What are some good ways to promote myself on other peoples pages without looking like a spammer?

    I want to use my fan page to drive traffic to my youtube channel so I am looking for any and all ways to help promote my fan page, and gain followers.

    Any help is appreciated,

    Thanks
    -Nick
  • Profile picture of the author jeff_k
    I personally would want to get people really interested in my fan page.

    I am new to this forum but reading through some of these post and thinking a little.

    I would invite all my friends, offer my friends some free incentive for them to invite their friends, and then use the incentives again on my fan page at every milestone. Might be a little slow but gradually you should gain more and more fans.

    This way you can get more reliable fans and fans interested in your niche, which if you ever create a song or something you have a better fan base to sell to then just people which you payed to like your fan page.

    If you want to pay for fans, then go to places such as freelancer.com or other freelancer websites and just pay for the fans, but don't count on them being targeted fans or anything with real interest in what you are offering. Remember they are just there for the money.

    Hope this helps,
    Jeff
  • Profile picture of the author pet2236
    I'm new and appreciate anybody can share steps by steps how to create a fan page? is it same with the like button i saw?

Next Topics on Trending Feed