Looking back on the last year of IM I made some silly decisions and some great ones, and the great thing about this is I have learned a lot of lessons from experience.
I have for example purchased some dud sites, where earnings levels are way below expectations, or worked on projects that have not delivered money in proportion to my effort.
However I am constantly looking at new ways to cash the cow, and for me the follow are lucrative methods:
- Selling Links #1 - Site Wide Links. On a PR2 domain I am selling some for $60 a year. Nice way to recoup money on an otherwise dud site purchase, and for $600/yr for 10 backlinks, nice little earner, considering how easy PR2 is to achieve.
- Selling Links #2 - Getting paid to post. A few networks have approached me to pay me to post their articles on my site. The first paid $60/yr for 1 article. Another £50 per article, and has posted one so far. Another £30 a month. Nice money.
- Selling Links #3 - Text Link Ads - smaller money from these guys but the links are on specific words on specific posts, so not too obtrusive.
- Selling Links #4 - OK not really selling links, but Adsense can make good money, up to $5 a click in niches I've worked in, and $30 per 1000 impressions is achievable quite easily once you get a good page rank and are established.
- Post that you want to sell links on Digital Point
- Add an "Advertise On This Site" option on your sites main menu visible on all your pages. On that page don't say much and don't mention prices just habe your email address or a send message form.
And that's it. Randomly you will get a message offering you the gift of some easy cash
And pick up the cash from the table. It's there!