Paypal, Bank address - "Full ADDRESS of Your Bank" But I have 2 addresses..?

Profile picture of the author entry by entry Posted: 12/17/2010
For the Paypal Direct debit/bank authorisation (where they submit 2 mini payments to your account)

they ask for the

"Name and Full Address of Your Bank or Building Society"


The thing is, I have 2 addresses...
I opened this bank account in One address, but on the bottom of the statement It gives the address of the Head office of the bank.

Both addresses are different, which do they want? or it doesn't matter?


Do they check these, to verify them? or they want to know which bank you opened your bank account from?



Which bank address have you given? the one which you use? local one? or where you opened the account?
#address #bank #paypal

  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    mywebwork
    They want the address of your branch of your bank - the one you opened the account at.

    Not sure of where you are as you don't list it, but most US and Canadian banks I've dealt with have it printed on your checks.

    Bill
  • Profile picture of the author entry
    entry
    Originally Posted by mywebwork View Post

    They want the address of your branch of your bank - the one you opened the account at.

    Not sure of where you are as you don't list it, but most US and Canadian banks I've dealt with have it printed on your checks.

    Bill
    I have one on my statement, but that isnt where I opened it, but where the head branch is.

    There is a bank there, and also where I opened it.


    +Weekend is comming, will sat + Sun not be included in in the 2-3 days to send the deposit?
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    paulie888
    Originally Posted by entry View Post

    I have one on my statement, but that isnt where I opened it, but where the head branch is.

    There is a bank there, and also where I opened it.


    +Weekend is comming, will sat + Sun not be included in in the 2-3 days to send the deposit?
    If you live in the US, the proper bank address to use should be on your bank checks. Obviously Saturday and Sunday are not business days, so they are not counted in the 2-3 days needed to send the deposit.
  • Profile picture of the author entry
    entry
    Originally Posted by paulie888 View Post

    If you live in the US, the proper bank address to use should be on your bank checks. Obviously Saturday and Sunday are not business days, so they are not counted in the 2-3 days needed to send the deposit.
    Oh it is a savings account, (which i have a back account at) so no check book with that address.

    and I didnt open the savings account at the same address I opened the bank account

    (bank account opened 9 years ago - savings account opened 2 years ago at a outside location)
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    paulie888
    Originally Posted by entry View Post

    Oh it is a savings account, (which i have a back account at) so no check book with that address.

    and I didnt open the savings account at the same address I opened the bank account

    (bank account opened 9 years ago - savings account opened 2 years ago at a outside location)
    I think the best thing to do then in this case is to call your bank for advice on the matter. Just call them up early this (Friday) morning to consult on this issue.
  • Profile picture of the author Will Perkins
    Will Perkins
    I didn't realize PayPal even needed your banks address nowadays? Man it's been a while since I've signed up...

    When I originally signed up they didn't even require your social (for anything), now it seems like it's a must.

    But as for your questions, give them your banks local address. Depending on your activity they may/probably not call your bank and have whatever transaction you are trying to issue "authorized".
  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    mywebwork
    Your branch address - the one you went to when you opened up the account!

    Sorry, but I fail to see why this isn't obvious.

    You also might consider PayPal's Help section, or even phoning them - unlike many online companies they are one who give excellent telephone service. I'm sure they can answer any questions you might have.

    Bill
  • Profile picture of the author entry
    entry
    Originally Posted by mywebwork View Post

    Your branch address - the one you went to when you opened up the account!

    Sorry, but I fail to see why this isn't obvious.

    it isn't obvious because my statement has an addresses at the bottom which is different to the one I opened up the branch 9 years ago.

    and the paypal ask for:

    "Name and Full Address of Your Bank or Building Society"

    and they Don't ask for the bank of where you registered/opened the account. If they asked for this, then it would be obvious.

    I have checked my checkbook which has a different address too.
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    paulie888
    Originally Posted by entry View Post


    it isn't obvious because my statement has an addresses at the bottom which is different to the one I opened up the branch 9 years ago.

    and the paypal ask for:

    "Name and Full Address of Your Bank or Building Society"

    and Don't ask for the bank of where you registered/opened the account. If they asked for this, then it would be obvious.

    I have checked my checkbook which has a different address too.
    As I've mentioned above, I think it'd be best to call up your bank in the morning to get a definitive answer from them. If still in doubt, then call Paypal afterwards.

Related discussions