How to record skype call conversation?

Profile picture of the author visimedia by visimedia Posted: 01/21/2011
Hi, I want to do interview with my partner, we want to do it with skype call but how can I record it ? What software can I use to make the voice clear?
#call #conversation #record #skype

  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    Adie
    Faststone have been my best friend for years when it comes to screen manipulation.
    FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ...
  • Profile picture of the author Patrick
    Patrick
    Skype doesnt have that feature. You have to use some other software or maybe sound recorder.
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisTyler
    ChrisTyler
    I would recommend using camstudio.org - I'm assuming you want to record the video and Audio. With this program you can do it for free.

    Chris
  • Profile picture of the author Louise M.
    Louise M.
    Personally, I've been using camstudio but I'm very disappointed with the video quality. The audio was ok though. But now I use Camtasia for my screen captures. There's a free trial.
  • Profile picture of the author Arief Ramadhan
    Arief Ramadhan
    check this software.. hxxp://atdot.ch/scr/ i hope it works.. i just found it from skype community forum..
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Lundergan
    Scott Lundergan
    This is a favorite Mac tool of mine I use for interviews and video podcasts.

    Call Recorder for Skype - The Skype Audio/Video Call Recording Solution for Mac - Ecamm Network
  • Profile picture of the author entry
    entry
    Originally Posted by Scott Lundergan View Post

    This is a favorite Mac tool of mine I use for interviews and video podcasts.

    Call Recorder for Skype - The Skype Audio/Video Call Recording Solution for Mac - Ecamm Network
    What about for Windows-Pcs
  • Profile picture of the author Bill_Z
    Bill_Z
    I've used CallBurner and Pamela Call Recorder. You can add them both via Skype add-ons. They both work well. I think the Pamela one has time limit of 10 or 15 minutes if I remember right until you pay for full version. CallBurner I believe didn't have that limit.
  • Profile picture of the author margocales
    margocales
    Does anyone know of any software that you can use to link more than two people with Skype?
  • Profile picture of the author Giani
    Giani
    Camtasia and Camstudio both work fine for me for audio
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    paulie888
    Originally Posted by Bill_Z View Post

    I've used CallBurner and Pamela Call Recorder. You can add them both via Skype add-ons. They both work well. I think the Pamela one has time limit of 10 or 15 minutes if I remember right until you pay for full version. CallBurner I believe didn't have that limit.
    I've used both, but I feel that Callburner has the edge with slightly better recording quality and higher reliability. Pamela has failed to record for me on several occasions, even though it displayed that it was recording, but I've never encountered such issues with Callburner.
  • Profile picture of the author James Schramko
    James Schramko
    You can record a skype conference with many people
    at once. Just drag extra people into the conversation
    they will be added. I prefer call recorder for mac.
  • Profile picture of the author erikmacklin
    erikmacklin
    camstudio is the best i believe!!!
  • Profile picture of the author paulie888
    paulie888
    Originally Posted by erikmacklin View Post

    camstudio is the best i believe!!!
    There's no need for anything this complicated if all you're recording is audio.

    Paul
  • Profile picture of the author dinadana
    dinadana
    There are plenty of recoders. I'm using TalkAide for Skype. The main reason that it has a "sharing button" so you can send interesting conv anyone you want)
  • Profile picture of the author James Schramko
    James Schramko
    If it is your partner and you want the BEST quality
    EACH of you record locally on audacity or screenflow /
    camtasia etc... and then you put them into dropbox
    and you (or your team) join the sides together.

    Now you have studio quality sound, We do this for
    podcasts.
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    patadeperro
    I have used this free software:

    Freeware | MP3 Skype Recorder

    you just need the newest version of skype and if you have any problems this is the way you configure skype:

    a) you first open the software.
    b) Launch skype after.
    c) Go to Tools/options/advanced/Manage other programs to access skype.
    d) De activate your firewall.
    e)The configuration for the software should be: Mono
    f) Recording bit rate 24.

    After that you should be ready to go.
  • Profile picture of the author MrLinkBuilder
    MrLinkBuilder
    Originally Posted by patadeperro View Post

    I have used this free software:

    Freeware | MP3 Skype Recorder

    you just need the newest version of skype and if you have any problems this is the way you configure skype:

    a) you first open the software.
    b) Launch skype after.
    c) Go to Tools/options/advanced/Manage other programs to access skype.
    d) De activate your firewall.
    e)The configuration for the software should be: Mono
    f) Recording bit rate 24.

    After that you should be ready to go.
    Thanks for this. I've been trying to configure this for 2 days up until now.
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    mark healy
    i interview experts using pamela for skype to record skype calls, its like $20 but worth it and its excellent.Also get a good mic, i use logitech and they are great ,got mine on ebay for $5.hope that helps.
  • Profile picture of the author matthewfermin
    matthewfermin
    Skype doesn't support voice and video recorder. Try using other software.

Related discussions