How Do You Do Those Scrolling Credits In Camtasia?

Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim by
The title says it all.

I don't see any function for this so I'm guessing you have to create them
using your artistic knowhow...which I ain't got.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
#internet marketing #camtasia #credits #scrolling

  • Profile picture of the author matthewd
    I can't find the feature in Camtasia, but here are a few alternatives that I think would work.

    You can create the rolling credits in Powerpoint and just screen capture that or you can create them in Windows Movie Maker and probably import it into Camtasia or at least screen capture it.
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    Originally Posted by matthewd View Post

    I can't find the feature in Camtasia, but here are a few alternatives that I think would work.

    You can create the rolling credits in Powerpoint and just screen capture that or you can create them in Windows Movie Maker and probably import it into Camtasia or at least screen capture it.
    Matt, I have Powerpoint but I don't see any options to do scrolling credits.

    Can you point out to me where in the menu this is?
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Carl Kelly
    I use Sony Vegas for scrolling credits.
  • Profile picture of the author matthewd
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    Matt, I have Powerpoint but I don't see any options to do scrolling credits.

    Can you point out to me where in the menu this is?
    Here, try this: Rolling Credits in PowerPoint - Add Rolling Credits to a PowerPoint Presentation
  • Profile picture of the author Martin Luxton
    Steven

    > Windows Movie Maker

    > Edit Movie

    > Make Titles or Credits

    > Add Credits at the end of the movie

    If you only want to use Camtasia that I don't know. I checked their help pages but there was nothing. BTW, this thread is already number 1 on Google for scrolling credits in Camtasia.

    Here's a basic workaround.

    Step 1: Put your credits on a word doc page with big spaces between e.g.



    Rock Your Hoochie Mama




    Words and Music by Steven Wagenheim




    Guitar: Steven Wagenheim




    Drums: Steven Wagenheim




    Piano: Steven Wagenheim




    Produced by: Steven Wagenheim




    Recorded at: Wagenheim Towers





    Released by: Wagenheim Records




    Copyright: 2008 Steven Wagenheim



    Step 2: Set your Camtasia recording region so that it shows only the top piece of text in the middle of the screen.


    Step 3: Press "Record"


    Step 4: Scroll down with auto scroll.


    You now have scrolling credits in Camtasia Studio!!


    Martin
  • Profile picture of the author Jim M
    A while back there was a free piece of software doing the rounds to auto scroll a page of text like an autocue / teleprompter for making your own videos.

    That could probably produce your result you want by just sizing the window the same as your recording.

    Hope this helps..
  • Profile picture of the author FasthostsCom
    Martin's right. It's funny what google indexes and how quickly. Maybe this is another money making niche?

    I'd use moviemaker for that too. Or get some free teleprompter software and screen capture your credits there.
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    Originally Posted by Martin Luxton View Post

    Steven


    Step 4: Scroll down with auto scroll.


    You now have scrolling credits in Camtasia Studio!!


    Martin
    How do you "auto scroll"?
  • Profile picture of the author write-stuff
    Steve, it's a trivial exercise. As Martin said, if you're on a Windows machine, just do it in MovieMaker and save the video file of your scrolling credits. Then simply import it into your Camtasia video and stick it on the end.

    Extremely simple to do in PowerPoint as well. Just create a single text object with all your credits and drag them off the page at the top. Then do a "Crawl In" animation (going from memory, but I'm pretty sure that's the one) from the bottom.

    I would avoid doing camtasia screen grabs of your scrolling animation. Camtasia is pretty good, but let's face it - it doesn't grab motion very smoothly.

    - Russ
  • Profile picture of the author Martin Luxton
    Originally Posted by Raydal View Post

    How do you "auto scroll"?
    Press down on the scroller of your mouse and a circle will appear with 2 triangles, one pointing up and one pointing down.

    Start scrolling in the direction you want and it will then continue by itself.

    Martin
  • Profile picture of the author LonNaylor
    Steve,

    Camtasia doesn't do this...

    Almost ANY of the inexpensive video editors (Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Premier Elements, even Movie Maker as suggested above) do this drag-n-drop easy.

    Not sure I would go through the complexity of trying to do it with PowerPoint.

    Not when it's so easy with all the other options.

    Just create your credit roll in one of these programs, export to AVI (to maintain quality), and Import it into Camtasia dropping it at the end of your timeline.

    Easy-peasy...
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    Originally Posted by LonNaylor View Post

    Steve,

    Camtasia doesn't do this...

    Almost ANY of the inexpensive video editors (Sony Vegas Movie Studio, Premier Elements, even Movie Maker as suggested above) do this drag-n-drop easy.

    Not sure I would go through the complexity of trying to do it with PowerPoint.

    Not when it's so easy with all the other options.

    Just create your credit roll in one of these programs, export to AVI (to maintain quality), and Import it into Camtasia dropping it at the end of your timeline.

    Easy-peasy...

    Lon, that's great except I don't have any of those things that you
    mentioned.
  • Profile picture of the author write-stuff
    Steve, if you'll send me the text I'll be happy to make a clip for you that you can drop into your video. Just tell me what format and aspect ratio you're using. PM me. - Russ
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    Originally Posted by write-stuff View Post

    Steve, if you'll send me the text I'll be happy to make a clip for you that you can drop into your video. Just tell me what format and aspect ratio you're using. PM me. - Russ
    Russ, that's very kind of you but I have a number of these to do so I am
    going to need to be able to do it on my own. I certainly couldn't expect
    anybody to do them all without paying for the service. And if it's something
    that can be done quickly and easily, no reason not to do it myself.

    But thanks for the offer.
  • Profile picture of the author LonNaylor
    Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

    Lon, that's great except I don't have any of those things that you
    mentioned.
    Great point Steve!

    Here's my heart-felt suggestion:

    Ummm...Get one!

    If you're going to be doing almost any kind of video work, you're only shortchanging your efforts by not having a real video editor.

    They are not difficult to use...there are plenty of resources and quick tutorials out there.

    For about $100 and a couple of hours invested you will, in the long run, realize an incredible return on investment in terms of actually being able to do what you want to do instead of slogging your way through some kind of "free" solution or clunky approach (which ALSO has a learning curve BTW).

    And there's also the time you save by having the tool you need for the job...

    I recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro as the best bang for buck.

    But that's just my opinion...I could be wrong!
    ;-)
  • Profile picture of the author matthewd
    Yeah, I have worked TONS with Adobe Premiere and really enjoy it, but I have messed with Sony Vegas a bit too and it seemed to work really well too.

    Either of those is definitely a good investment.
  • Profile picture of the author Ian25
    Is this camtasia 6?

Next Topics on Trending Feed