What is the difference between PLR & MRR?

by Joanne Greco 12 replies
I'm still trying to figure out of PLR articles will benefit my sites in any way. I've only recently become aware of them. I downloaded a few free PLR articles and am testing them out on one of my sites.

Someone from here PMed me their site, which had a really good selection of articles on it. While I was looking I saw something called MRR. I was just getting to understand PLR and now there's something else to figure out! LOL (It's a wonder I sleep at all)

Okay - so here's my question.....

MRR....I read the description on their site and while it was very thorough, I still have one question. Is MRR only for resale or can you use it on your site as content? I'm thinking the answer is no, but I wanted to check.

Thanks!
#main internet marketing discussion forum #difference #mrr #plr
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Ldimilo
    IMO, PLR articles are best left to researching a niche and not really there for content building. Most PLR articles aren't that great in and of itself. However, if you were thinking about building a site in a niche that you don't know much about, then you could use it as research material.

    MRR means you can sell the products and keep all the profits (100%)

    Hope this helps.


    Originally Posted by Joanne Greco View Post

    I'm still trying to figure out of PLR articles will benefit my sites in any way. I've only recently become aware of them. I downloaded a few free PLR articles and am testing them out on one of my sites.

    Someone from here PMed me their site, which had a really good selection of articles on it. While I was looking I saw something called MRR. I was just getting to understand PLR and now there's something else to figure out! LOL (It's a wonder I sleep at all)

    Okay - so here's my question.....

    MRR....I read the description on their site and while it was very thorough, I still have one question. Is MRR only for resale or can you use it on your site as content? I'm thinking the answer is no, but I wanted to check.

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340642].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ronnlisa
      Give Away Rights
      These allow you to give the product away for free but you cannot resell the product.

      Resell Rights
      You have the right to resell the product to your customer, but your customer cannot resell it to their customer.

      Master Resale Rights
      Master resale rights enable you to resell the product to your customers along with the basic resell rights that come with it. Your customer in turn can also resell the product to their own customers.

      Private Label Rights (PLR)
      Private label rights allow you not only to buy the product but also change the product in any manner you see fit. You can change or alter the product even if it’s just the title and your name as the author and make it your own work.

      I hope this will help you.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340657].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joanne Greco
        Thank you both.

        Can MRR be used as content or is it only allowed to be used for sale?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340702].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ldimilo
          Originally Posted by Joanne Greco View Post

          Thank you both.

          Can MRR be used as content or is it only allowed to be used for sale?
          You can't use it as content. Just PLR and giveaway content (and sometimes the giveaway content is not allowed to use as site content). Just read the rights text. It is usually connected to the product in the zip file.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340715].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Task001
            Originally Posted by Ldimilo View Post

            You can't use it as content. Just PLR and giveaway content (and sometimes the giveaway content is not allowed to use as site content). Just read the rights text. It is usually connected to the product in the zip file.
            if you allready have it sell it to yourself for $1.00 lol
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4984267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Dixon
    I think it may depend on the specific wording of the rights for that particular package.

    But I usually interpret MRR as having rights to sell the package, but not actually use the content for your website or whatever.

    Tim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[340718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tommy Smith
    The difference between PLR and MRR is that with PLR you get the .doc files to edit and add your links to. You can take your PLR eBook and break it into articles and PLR articles and build it into eBooks – each page being a chapter or section. With MRR, you may be able to use your name for the author – but that’s where the license stops. You are also usually limited as to how much you can sell the eBook for, too – the owner setting minimum and maximum price points for you.
    Signature
    Wholesale Crystal Beads – The best place to buy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4984288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    Usually PLR is the most "respected" since it lets you change the product.


    Remember that once it's changed, it's now unique- making it YOUR product.

    If you change the graphics (such as with an ebook or minisite), then it's even more unique.

    You can then turn around and sell this as much as you want, and sell it with PLR or MRR rights.

    Great way to get a product up and running fast!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4984317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeilC
    You really need to check the specific PLR, MRR, or other rights for any content you purchase.

    Best to use original unique content for your main sites but PLR can be quickly rewritten to help save you time. You can use it as-is for certain link building activities and just rewrite a couple of paragraphs or even spin the content if you want to get the most out of it.
    Signature

    Need a fresh start or help to take your business to the next level? Click here to find out more...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4984329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DiVincenzo
      Just to be certain -- can PLR and MRR products be GIVEN away for free (as an incentive to opt-in subscribers, for example?) :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5992459].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ruth P
        Originally Posted by DiVincenzo View Post

        Just to be certain -- can PLR and MRR products be GIVEN away for free (as an incentive to opt-in subscribers, for example?) :confused:
        This depends on the specific rights the creator sets. For example, I let people give away my PLR for free (for informational use only - they can't let their subscribers have PLR rights) but some people want to protect the value of their PLR so they may have a minimum price you must sell it for. Always a good idea to check license files when you download PLR or MRR.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5992519].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 111 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Warriors .... Warriors.... what would you like to LEARN?

    Good Morning awesome Warriors... I'm happy to announce that The Warrior Forum is planning to create our first COURSE. Yes... Powered by Warrior Wisdom... yeah!! Made at home. But before ... [read more]

  • 97 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How I Sold 985 Copies of an Affiliate Offer in 5 Days (Step by Step)

    When I first started online in 2002, it took me a year to sell 985 copies of anything. These days, I can typically do it in the span of a ... [read more]

  • 17 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}
  • 52 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Billion Dollar - Really ???

    Hey Warriors: Lets' assume you have "1 Billion Dollar" in your bank account. What would you do with this money ? Curious to know your views Cheers, Steve

  • 62 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    1 Powerful Concept that Grows Your Business

    Connect with people interested in what you have to offer. Mindfully. Versus desperately running from prospect to prospect, or from number to number. This idea sounds simple, and like common ... [read more]