Show me some GOOD Examples of Amazon/Ebay Affiliate stores

Profile picture of the author SEOThomas by SEOThomas Posted: 05/26/2011
I recently got the amazon/ebay php plugin for wordpress.

I was hoping to see some example of these affiliate stores that are doing well for you.

Please share your site and some tips to help me do well.
#affiliate #amazon or ebay #examples #good #show #stores

  • Profile picture of the author matt5409
    matt5409
    To be honest, you'll be lucky. Not many people hand over their affiliate sites and expose their niches so willingly.
  • Profile picture of the author jan roos
  • Profile picture of the author LMC
    LMC
    http://www.mychristmaslingerie.com/

    Pulled in quite a bit last year, because I was ranked high for christmas lingerie.

    However, with the recent Panda update a site like this doesn't work anymore. Way to many outbound links and duplicate content. Thin affiliate site... pretty much everything you DON'T want to DO.

    But if i wanted to take the time to turn all the feeded content into original content and limit my products I could make good money again.

    I'll worry about it in a couple of months.
  • Profile picture of the author jan roos
    jan roos
    Originally Posted by LMC View Post

    Christmas Lingerie

    Pulled in quite a bit last year, because I was ranked high for christmas lingerie.

    However, with the recent Panda update a site like this doesn't work anymore. Way to many outbound links and duplicate content. Thin affiliate site... pretty much everything you DON'T want to DO.

    But if i wanted to take the time to turn all the feeded content into original content and limit my products I could make good money again.

    I'll worry about it in a couple of months.
    Dig the header..
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
    Mike Hlatky
    Thanks for sharing that niche :p

    The site ranked #3 currently has 6 backlinks

    But I'm sure it gets tougher to rank during Christmas!
  • Profile picture of the author SEOThomas
    SEOThomas
    I would think that most people would not be afraid of "exposing" their site since they would already have a nice head start!
  • Profile picture of the author SEOThomas
    SEOThomas
    This site is amazing and way outta my league!!! Very professional...I was hoping for something more reasonable.
  • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
    Cool Hand Luke
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    I would think that most people would not be afraid of "exposing" their site since they would already have a nice head start!
    A head start? What does that count for if you expose a profitable niche to a forum filled w/ people who can put up majorly competitive sites and probably beat you easily and quickly?
  • Profile picture of the author Bradley J Anderson
    Bradley J Anderson
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    I would think that most people would not be afraid of "exposing" their site since they would already have a nice head start!
    And I think you're wrong about that. Too many people steal ideas in just this exact way, and everyone knows it. I've had it happen to myself a few times, as well, trying to help some people out. We've seen this dozens of times, and that's why you're not getting a lot of responses.

    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    This site is amazing and way outta my league!!! Very professional... I was hoping for something more reasonable.
    My point exactly. It sounds like you're looking for ideas to copy. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying it sounds like it judging by that last statement.

    I'm thinking that last statement could be finished like this: "I was hoping for something more reasonable that I could use on my own site, instead of researching things for myself."

    The vast majority of the time, that's exactly what these posters are looking for.

    [EDIT] BTW, LMC, that is an excellent niche. I'd be willing to wager you'll now have more competition this holiday season, though.
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Armstrong
    Ben Armstrong
    Originally Posted by Bradley J Anderson View Post

    And I think you're wrong about that. Too many people steal ideas in just this exact way, and everyone knows it. I've had it happen to myself a few times, as well, trying to help some people out. We've seen this dozens of times, and that's why you're not getting a lot of responses.



    My point exactly. It sounds like you're looking for ideas to copy. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying it sounds like it judging by that last statement.

    I'm thinking that last statement could be finished like this: "I was hoping for something more reasonable that I could use on my own site, instead of researching things for myself."

    The vast majority of the time, that's exactly what these posters are looking for.

    [EDIT] BTW, LMC, that is an excellent niche. I'd be willing to wager you'll now have more competition this holiday season, though.
    I don't think that's necessarily what he's doing.

    When you first start out sometimes it just helps to see that other people are doing well with small sites that you'd be capable of building yourself.
  • Profile picture of the author fitz10
    fitz10
    You're not going to find many people here revealing their niche.

    If you want to see some sample sites check out Review-azon's site, they have a few demos on there.
  • Profile picture of the author RSingha
    RSingha
    Browse through the sites being sold on Flippa to get some good ideas to copy.
  • Profile picture of the author SEOThomas
    SEOThomas
    Originally Posted by fitz10 View Post

    You're not going to find many people here revealing their niche.

    If you want to see some sample sites check out Review-azon's site, they have a few demos on there.
    thank you sir
  • Profile picture of the author markowe
    markowe
    The main thing is you HAVE to focus on the content, not get carried away with stuffing your site with juicy product listings, which is so easy with this kind of plugin (users of my eBay plugin keep doing it too, despite my constant pleas). Forget Panda, Google has been slapping thin affiliate sites for YEARS. It's gotta be good, it's gotta provide value, or it just won't cut it.

    In fact I am now taking this to the extreme of building out a site with quality content and not putting ANY product listings for the first 3 months or so, until the site has gained some authority. Guess what, for one site now I am at the top of page two without ANY backlinking and rising slowly but surely, and my search engine traffic is increasing by the day. Only when I get to page 1 will I consider adding affiliate links.

    For me that is now becoming a best practice - I for one am sick of creating cheesy niche sites full of eBay listings only to see them disappear into Google oblivion.
  • Profile picture of the author SEOThomas
    SEOThomas
    Originally Posted by markowe View Post

    The main thing is you HAVE to focus on the content, not get carried away with stuffing your site with juicy product listings, which is so easy with this kind of plugin (users of my eBay plugin keep doing it too, despite my constant pleas). Forget Panda, Google has been slapping thin affiliate sites for YEARS. It's gotta be good, it's gotta provide value, or it just won't cut it.
    Well SEO is my bag baby so I do try and add a couple hundred words for each product!
  • Profile picture of the author matt5409
    matt5409
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    Well SEO is my bag baby so I do try and add a couple hundred words for each product!
    if SEO was truly your bag you'd realise that a couple of hundred words won't really cut it, baby
  • Profile picture of the author SEOThomas
    SEOThomas
    Originally Posted by matt5409 View Post

    if SEO was truly your bag you'd realise that a couple of hundred words won't really cut it, baby
    Really...Im supposed to write 1k words on a CAr Dash mat? Nah
  • Profile picture of the author melovedogs
    melovedogs
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    Really...Im supposed to write 1k words on a CAr Dash mat? Nah
    I'm curious about this too, maybe I can copy the style to update my amazon website which recently been banned by google. I just want to have more confidence after updating all those posts into more in-depth review of the product, Google might reconsider to reindex the site. It would be great if someone can point me what kind of product review which can be considered compelling reviews, since it's impossible for me to actually get my hands on each product and test it myself.
  • Profile picture of the author melovedogs
    melovedogs
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    Really...Im supposed to write 1k words on a CAr Dash mat? Nah
    take a look at this website :
    doghairvacuum.org

    I'm not sure about the traffic but this web certainly offers valuable review. It's an amazon affiliate website.
  • Profile picture of the author ~kev~
    ~kev~
    Originally Posted by SEOThomas View Post

    Please share your site and some tips to help me do well.
    Amazon store page embedded into my wordpress blog

    Survival Gear Store – Survival Forum and Gear Reviews


    Originally Posted by matt5409 View Post

    To be honest, you'll be lucky. Not many people hand over their affiliate sites and expose their niches so willingly.
    That is for people in niches that they have little knowledge about.

    My niche is hiking, camping, fishing, hunting,,,, and I dont care who knows it.

Related discussions

Next Topics on Trending Feed