How To Get 5,000 People To Download iPhone/Android App?

Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur by sdentrepreneur Posted: 06/30/2011
Looking for some ideas on getting people to download an iPhone or Andriod App for a Daily Deal Company in the USA. I have a list of strategies including using Social Media, E-Mail Campaigns, Banner Ads and even a ground game.

Are there any places like Fiverr or sites like Twiends where you can buy downloads?

Thanks in advance for any ideas !!!!
#app #download #iphone or android #people

  • Profile picture of the author theimdude
    theimdude
    So glad it is not my company getting a product marketed. Imagine finding out that your app got downloaded by a gig on fiverr for $4 a 1000
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    sdentrepreneur
    Good point my friend, we are looking for people in USA only and its a national company.
    We have plan for local downloads already. Looking for ideas nationally. Everyone likes a deal company like Groupon right? lol...


    Originally Posted by theimdude View Post
    So glad it is not my company getting a product marketed. Imagine finding out that your app got downloaded by a gig on fiverr for $4 a 1000
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    debra
    SMS campaign and Quick Codes! Targeted geographically. Send out a quick code for a coupon in an area. The quick code will send them to a page to download the coupon.

    Two things can happen at this point:

    1. Bundle the app with the coupon
    2. Simply offer access to the app at the time of coupon download.
  • Profile picture of the author theimdude
    theimdude
    Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post
    Looking for some ideas on getting people to download an iPhone or Andriod App for a Daily Deal Company in the USA. I have a list of strategies including using Social Media, E-Mail Campaigns, Banner Ads and even a ground game.

    Are there any places like Fiverr or sites like Twiends where you can buy downloads?

    Thanks in advance for any ideas !!!!
    OK maybe I am missing something here. You are doing work for a company and need methods to get people to download a app for a daily deal. From what I understand is this app will then send out daily deals to these people that downloaded the app to there phone.

    Are you aware then that if you use a service similar to twiends or getting somebody to download say 500 app for you for $5 that all these app are going no where as they are fake downloads. If you are aware of this is your customer aware of this and if your customer is then he is scamming his client he is advertising for by inflating false registered viewers

    If I am wrong correct me

    Thanks
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    sdentrepreneur
    Wouldn't it look great in the App store if it had 5,000 downloads? Might make another 50,000 real customers download it...kind of a kick start? Just brainstorming here...



    Originally Posted by theimdude View Post
    OK maybe I am missing something here. You are doing work for a company and need methods to get people to download a app for a daily deal. From what I understand is this app will then send out daily deals to these people that downloaded the app to there phone.

    Are you aware then that if you use a service similar to twiends or getting somebody to download say 500 app for you for $5 that all these app are going no where as they are fake downloads. If you are aware of this is your customer aware of this and if your customer is then he is scamming his client he is advertising for by inflating false registered viewers

    If I am wrong correct me

    Thanks
  • Profile picture of the author highrank
    highrank
    Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post
    Wouldn't it look great in the App store if it had 5,000 downloads? Might make another 50,000 real customers download it...kind of a kick start? Just brainstorming here...
    I see your logic, having a few thousand download could give potential downloaders a little more confidence in the app. However, it goes without saying that real downloads would help a lot more.

    There was actually a task to get the most app downloads on a recent episode of "The Apprentice" (in the UK). Try and find it on Youtube for some inspiration :p
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    sdentrepreneur
    Great idea Highrank !!! I will look it up, is Apprentice UK different than USA with Trump?


    Originally Posted by highrank View Post
    I see your logic, having a few thousand download could give potential downloaders a little more confidence in the app. However, it goes without saying that real downloads would help a lot more.

    There was actually a task to get the most app downloads on a recent episode of "The Apprentice" (in the UK). Try and find it on Youtube for some inspiration :p
  • Profile picture of the author sdentrepreneur
    sdentrepreneur
    We are going live next week with our Mobile App for Deal Companies, any new ideas for getting downloads?
  • Profile picture of the author Vasuu
    Vasuu
    Originally Posted by sdentrepreneur View Post
    We are going live next week with our Mobile App for Deal Companies, any new ideas for getting downloads?
    So, How did you marketed your daily deals app & whats the result?
    Would love to read!

Related discussions