My problems with traffic exchanges

Profile picture of the author Melissaval by
I have used several traffic exchanges for a while, because they are free. However, I found my computer struck with nasty viruses several times. 3 times now I've had to actually reset the computer to factory settings. I had a decent virus scanner, but it didn't help. I have now stopped using them for the time being, until I find a solution. Has anyone else had this problem at all? I did use them for several months with no problems but then it all went wrong.
#internet marketing #exchanges #problems #traffic

  • Profile picture of the author Melissaval
    I best make it clear, I have nothing against traffic exchanges, in fact I love them. Just wondered if there's any advice out there for getting around this problem of picking up viruses while surfing?
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    Are you using any type of anti-virus software?

    AVG is really good (and free)- I also use Malware Bytes (also free) (not sure if I'm over-doing it or not by using 2)

    Also go ahead and download rkill and put it somewhere you can easily get to it (like the desktop or something)

    When you get something nasty on your computer, rkill is pretty powerful and can usually crush it!
  • Profile picture of the author Hardy Chou
    Traffic exchanges will not convert and they are not worth your time.
  • Profile picture of the author JCorp
    My advice would be to look into Norton or another Anti Virus program and email them about what you're experiencing. That should solve your problem...
  • Profile picture of the author Apollo-Articles
    I don't bother with traffic exchanges and wouldn't recommend them either.

    Sam
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by Hardy Chou View Post

    Traffic exchanges will not convert and they are not worth your time.
    Originally Posted by Apollo-Articles View Post

    I don't bother with traffic exchanges and wouldn't recommend them either.

    Sam
    If you knew what you were talking about I might have let this go...use them or dont use them but dont make statements that are based on a false personal opinion

    As a lead generation strategy they are better than adwords (if your in the MMO niche) treat them like PPV advertising and use squeeze pages or splash pages and you can get up to 100 leads a day from them (my best day was 136 leads)

    PS: I need to clarify...I dont normally surf them I buy up credits especially on the login offers at cheap prices and flood them with my splash pages. doing it in itty bitty fashion just by the credits you can earn surfing wont have a great effect.

    Pick no more than 5 or 6 of the bigger TE's and concentrate your advertising in them making sure your ads are seen 24/7
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Originally Posted by Hardy Chou View Post

    Traffic exchanges will not convert and they are not worth your time.
    Honestly, this is such nonsense, Hardy.

    The fact that you might have had bad experiences with traffic exchanges yourself (or have read about others who do) doesn't change the fact that many people here are making a living from them, adding several hundreds per week to their lists and taking five-figures per month from those lists. There are threads full of detailed explanations about how they're doing it, too.

    You have to know how to use that traffic, to be building appropriate lists, and to be promoting products/services targeted directly at traffic-exchange users. Just the same as any other marketing: match what you're promoting to the market.
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by Melissaval View Post

    I have used several traffic exchanges for a while, because they are free. However, I found my computer struck with nasty viruses several times. 3 times now I've had to actually reset the computer to factory settings. I had a decent virus scanner, but it didn't help. I have now stopped using them for the time being, until I find a solution. Has anyone else had this problem at all? I did use them for several months with no problems but then it all went wrong.
    register at the TE users forum Net Marketing Forum its full of TE users and Owners they will set you straight
  • Profile picture of the author Melissaval
    Thank you everyone for the useful replies. I don't have a thankyou button yet, so this is a collective thankyou. I will definitely get some extra virus software and register at that Net Marketing Forum
  • Profile picture of the author Brian Alaway
    I have not used them myself, yet. But Marlon Sanders just added a Traffic Exchange bonus training to his Traffic Dashboard product, which is excellent and which I own. While acknowledging the low quality of clicks, he stresses using it as an inexpensive training ground to test your sales funnel, offers and conversions. It's looking very interesting. As far as security I can only recommend the obvious, use a good anti-virus program (I like Vipre for it's small footprint), coupled with a good anti-spyware program ( Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntispyware), strong passwords and throw-away email addresses whenever possible. Like a lot of things it's knowing how to properly execute that makes the difference so I'll be testing and learning while hopefully avoiding the malware mutants.
  • Profile picture of the author rowanman28
    I was thinking about using a traffic exchange to promote my site, I guess I need a splash page? Or can I put a post on my site on it, if I take off the Adsense? Does that hurt you with Google, or help, I mean the extra traffic to your site?
  • Profile picture of the author Melissaval
    I thought I had good anti virus before but it didn't pick up the virus and when I rang the helpline they wanted another $70 to speak to a technician!!! I shan't mention their name, don't want to slander anyone, but I don't use them anymore. I have the paid version of AVG now, but I probably need anti syware too, so thanks for the suggestions.
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    Originally Posted by Brian Alaway View Post

    I have not used them myself, yet. But Marlon Sanders just added a Traffic Exchange bonus training to his Traffic Dashboard product, which is excellent and which I own. While acknowledging the low quality of clicks, he stresses using it as an inexpensive training ground to test your sales funnel, offers and conversions. It's looking very interesting. As far as security I can only recommend the obvious, use a good anti-virus program (I like Vipre for it's small footprint), coupled with a good anti-spyware program ( Malwarebytes and/or SuperAntispyware), strong passwords and throw-away email addresses whenever possible. Like a lot of things it's knowing how to properly execute that makes the difference so I'll be testing and learning while hopefully avoiding the malware mutants.
    hmm i must remember to give marlon a slap

    he was supposed to get back to me about doing a webinar on traffic exchanges

    (Marlon if you read this consider your self bitch slapped ) hahahahaha
  • Profile picture of the author sscot
    Originally Posted by Hardy Chou View Post

    Traffic exchanges will not convert and they are not worth your time.
    Traffic exchanges work. And they are good for list building. Follow these tips.........

    1. Continue only with Manual Traffic Exchanges.
    2. Use very very eye catching lead capture pages.
    3. Make sure that page is loading quickly.
    3. Surf at least in 5 exchanges in same time.
    4. Promote only IM related offers.
    5. Surf at least 4 hours per day.
  • Profile picture of the author magnates
    Originally Posted by Melissaval View Post

    I have used several traffic exchanges for a while, because they are free. However, I found my computer struck with nasty viruses several times. 3 times now I've had to actually reset the computer to factory settings. I had a decent virus scanner, but it didn't help. I have now stopped using them for the time being, until I find a solution. Has anyone else had this problem at all? I did use them for several months with no problems but then it all went wrong.
    I never got any joy from traffic exchanges . It seems to be full of people who probably like yourself are not willing to pay for anything . Probably only works for the traffic exchange owners . Of course , i could be wrong
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    A lot of marketers use these as lead gens for the MMO niche- you can also try using it as a lead gen for email/zip submits.
  • Profile picture of the author Melissaval
    Originally Posted by magnates View Post

    I never got any joy from traffic exchanges . It seems to be full of people who probably like yourself are not willing to pay for anything . Probably only works for the traffic exchange owners . Of course , i could be wrong
    Oh, I pay for stuff aswell, but it's always good to find something for free
  • Profile picture of the author barry0912
    I like surfing traffic exchanges, they give me a very good idea on what people are trying to push into the market these days.
  • Profile picture of the author onlineproperti
    I don't like traffic exchange, they give traffic but doesn't have any interest with what I share or write in my site.
  • Profile picture of the author barry0912
    for the most part i agree with you. but it also depends on what you are advertising and how you do this, use a splash page that loads very quick with no video or audio on it you can do well.

Next Topics on Trending Feed