Go Back   WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
 
Share
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Ok here's the story guys just came home and tried to login to skype
didn't get in, I notice in my paypal account I had a couple recharged
emails which was weird because I wasn't home and I don't have the
recharged setup...

Now I can't get in to my skype account and I just managed to cancel
the subscription in paypal...

Anyone every had that happened your skype being hacked?

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

This is crazy people like us that use skype for personal and business
it is frightening it's so easy to take control over your account and the
worst part is skype is dragging they tail on it...

Can anyone help me with this plz. - Skype Community

hacked skype - Skype Community

stolen password - Skype Community

Another Hacked Account! - Skype Community

Nearly all these haven't been fix yet and as you guys can see
it takes skype a helluva long time to sort shit out...

Check your account today guys...

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Master Pintsman
War Room Member
 
SaSeoPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Byron Bay
Posts: 684
Thanks: 527
Thanked 152 Times in 119 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Did you maybe go to an internet cafe and leave it logged in by mistake?

SaSeoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
A proud
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cathedral City, California
Posts: 106
Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Well... this happened to me a little while back, luckily nothing happened to my paypal. My account was hacked I guess password changed, I didn't do it. All I ever did was use skype for gaming, yeah gaming.. but none the less someone took the time to steal the account, pretty ridiculous.
MLD1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSeoPete View Post
Did you maybe go to an internet cafe and leave it logged in by mistake?
Never do that, either I'm on my laptop or home desktop...

The crazy part is I'm not alone in this guys it seems to go in waves
like a batch process a few hundreds at a time or more every so often...

If there is a security issue then skype needs to sort this out...

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Yeah! you're right. Skype should sort it out. But have you tried to change your password in skype. Maybe, it can do the trick. I have my skype account and so far,I didn't experience problem.

VirtualOfficeManila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualOfficeManila View Post
Yeah! you're right. Skype should sort it out. But have you tried to change your password in skype. Maybe, it can do the trick. I have my skype account and so far,I didn't experience problem.
Dude my account was hijacked, hacked, password and email changed, money drawn from my paypal account and it was a good thing I just moved a lot of cash from them to my bank otherwise they would have been doing the recharged thing over and over so far I have 20 I think recharged failed email from paypal...

But I closed the subscription from paypal so it doesn't matter what they do they can't get into there so I know it is a skype issue and not from paypal...

Yes I did try changing my password put username and email don't match so the token will not reset...

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #8
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Richelo Killian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Here, there, everywhere. Enjoying a global lifestyle.
Posts: 919
Thanks: 216
Thanked 125 Times in 79 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

David,

Had this happen to me middle of last year sometime. They took me for about $150.

Contacted what Skype calls support, and never even heard back from them.

Opened a dispute on PayPal... Well, as eBay owns Skype and PayPal, guess what happened..... ;-) You guessed it, NOTHING. The dispute was closed with something like it's your own fault.

I allready had a second Skype account. I just made SURE the PayPal connection was cancelled, and now just use that.

Never got the money or the old account back.

eBay/Skype/PayPal is turning into another nightmare monolpoly that does whatever the hell they want, and gets away with it. JOY!

Kind Regards
Richelo Killian
Imnica Mail - Email Marketing Service - Tired of being ripped off by your AutoResponder?
Richelo Killian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #9
Unique articles for $5.99
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 97
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Wow, that's some scary stuff - sorry it happened to you! Thanks for alerting us to this.

I'll be changing my password today, but it looks like something is wrong on Skype's end.
Writing Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #10
Warrior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Oh my goodness. I thought this is safe. what's happening? And your dispute ticket just fall from deaf ears? very scary.

yollyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #11
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

I couldn't even file a complaint about the transaction paypal system
just would let me do it for some damm reason...

So I sent an email to the billing@skype.com and today someone emailed
me about the issue so it seems they are working on it...

It is a security issue on there end that is the cause because once
I turn subscription the auto charged stop...

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #12
The QandA Queen
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 65
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richelo Killian View Post
David,

Had this happen to me middle of last year sometime. They took me for about $150.

Contacted what Skype calls support, and never even heard back from them.

Opened a dispute on PayPal... Well, as eBay owns Skype and PayPal, guess what happened..... ;-) You guessed it, NOTHING. The dispute was closed with something like it's your own fault.

I allready had a second Skype account. I just made SURE the PayPal connection was cancelled, and now just use that.

Never got the money or the old account back.

eBay/Skype/PayPal is turning into another nightmare monolpoly that does whatever the hell they want, and gets away with it. JOY!
Wow, Richelo, I had no idea eBay also owned Skype. That is fascinating. The Skype product itself is fantastic. The support on Skype is nearly non-existent. Yet, I have had great service at Paypal and have heard good things about eBay's customer service. I am also having a challenge with my Skype account right now and am getting nowhere so far, with customer service. I am stunned they would risk their reputation this way. I have been looking for alternatives to Skype without success. Is there anything we can do as a group of marketers with a potentially large audience to get their attention?
-CP
creative producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 AM   #13
Registered Abuser
 
kazakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lake Macquarie, Australia
Posts: 114
Thanks: 32
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative producer View Post
I am stunned they would risk their reputation this way...
Is there anything we can do as a group of marketers with a potentially large audience to get their attention?
Now that's funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative producer View Post
I have been looking for alternatives to Skype without success.
I'm suprised more people don't use voip.
kazakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #14
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Gizmo project is another great tool and from my test a lot better sound
quality than skype but they don't use paypal...It seems paypal cut them
off because they were competing with skype which ebay owns...

Seriously think to start using them again gizomproject.com can't even remember why I stop...ohh yeah it's because I couldn't add callout
they coun't use paypal anymore dammit...

--David

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #15
The QandA Queen
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 65
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Thompson View Post
I couldn't even file a complaint about the transaction paypal system
just would let me do it for some damm reason...

So I sent an email to the billing@skype.com and today someone emailed
me about the issue so it seems they are working on it...

It is a security issue on there end that is the cause because once
I turn subscription the auto charged stop...

--David
David, I am also having an issue with Skype. Mine is that in 2007, I got a skype in number so one of my relatives that was traveling abroad could call me from a landline in country without having to pay (I'm in the US). While she was traveling it worked just great. Lifesaver for both of us. I was a raving fan.

Recently, I had a need to use that service again. I checked my account and the number was gone. No explanation, nothing. Now, it could be that the number simply expired. If so, fine, just tell me. As it is, I am left not knowing what happened and am now on my 2nd support request.

Their support request replies have all been automatic suggesting I check their knowledge base. The m.o. is they wait 24 hours to send the automatic reply, then the reply says it may take another 48 hours to respond. When they respond, its with another automatic reply! Ha!

I was amazed to learn from Richelo above that eBay owns skype (guess I've been under a rock). Is there anything we can do collectively to get some response from them? If not, has anyone found a better alternative to Skype? What are you using instead now that you've canceled your account?

Thanks, David, for raising this issue here. It never occurred to me to do so. Another benefit of the Warrior Forum! Thanks,-CP
creative producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #16
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Ok guys here is an alternative it's called Gizmo5 as I said before
it does have good sound quality but it's been well over 10 months
since I've played with it...

It uses Google checkout and Moneybookers as their main payment
providers...

As for skype and it's issues I guess if we do a viral campaign
social media kind of thing I believe we can force them to do
something about this and the horrible support they provide.

All we want to do is make people aware and that would spin
out of control, which will force them to do something about
the major security issues and people creditcards...

I really don't know guys I'm all ears so give your feedback...

--David


Quote:
Originally Posted by creative producer View Post
David, I am also having an issue with Skype. Mine is that in 2007, I got a skype in number so one of my relatives that was traveling abroad could call me from a landline in country without having to pay (I'm in the US). While she was traveling it worked just great. Lifesaver for both of us. I was a raving fan.

Recently, I had a need to use that service again. I checked my account and the number was gone. No explanation, nothing. Now, it could be that the number simply expired. If so, fine, just tell me. As it is, I am left not knowing what happened and am now on my 2nd support request.

Their support request replies have all been automatic suggesting I check their knowledge base. The m.o. is they wait 24 hours to send the automatic reply, then the reply says it may take another 48 hours to respond. When they respond, its with another automatic reply! Ha!

I was amazed to learn from Richelo above that eBay owns skype (guess I've been under a rock). Is there anything we can do collectively to get some response from them? If not, has anyone found a better alternative to Skype? What are you using instead now that you've canceled your account?

Thanks, David, for raising this issue here. It never occurred to me to do so. Another benefit of the Warrior Forum! Thanks,-CP

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
The QandA Queen
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 65
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Thompson View Post
Ok guys here is an alternative it's called Gizmo5 as I said before
it does have good sound quality but it's been well over 10 months
since I've played with it...

It uses Google checkout and Moneybookers as their main payment
providers...

As for skype and it's issues I guess if we do a viral campaign
social media kind of thing I believe we can force them to do
something about this and the horrible support they provide.

All we want to do is make people aware and that would spin
out of control, which will force them to do something about
the major security issues and people creditcards...

I really don't know guys I'm all ears so give your feedback...

--David
Thanks, I'll check out Gizmo5. How about google voice? Anyone here use that?

I'm interested in seeing what kind of impact we can have as a group. For instance, I know that some im teachers strongly recommend Skype to their students. Skype gets tons of new customers they wouldn't ordinarily have.

Yes, let's discuss some ideas. At the very least, it would be an interesting experiment...
creative producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #18
The QandA Queen
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 65
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative producer View Post
Thanks, I'll check out Gizmo5. How about google voice? Anyone here use that?
Sorry, I meant gmail voice and video chat:
About voice and video chat - Gmail Help

Anyone used it? Thanks, -CP
creative producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #19
The QandA Queen
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Thanks: 65
Thanked 48 Times in 26 Posts
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

David, Don't mean to hijack the thread, (I will move it to a new thread if you prefer) but the alternative list is growing.

Gizmo5
Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Home

Gmail chat
Gmail voice and video chat

Here's a possible 3rd:
Google talk (pc to pc voice)
Google Talk - Chat online and make free internet calls

This helps me a lot. Hope its helpful to others. I'd love to hear about more.

Thanks, David, for empowering this consumer (and producer) to stop takin' it lying down, so to speak. Rather than spending another 48 hours being frustrated, waiting for Skype to get back to me, I am excited about testing 3 other possible alternatives!-CP
creative producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #20
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
David_Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Posts: 3,011
Thanks: 92
Thanked 83 Times in 63 Posts
Social Networking View Member's Twitter Profile 
Contact Info
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Let me tell you guys one time if you're going to use
google stuff forget it sound quality not good compare
to gizmo, skype even yahoo messenger...

--David


Quote:
Originally Posted by creative producer View Post
David, Don't mean to hijack the thread, (I will move it to a new thread if you prefer) but the alternative list is growing.

Gizmo5
Gizmo5 - Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer - Home

Gmail chat
Gmail voice and video chat

Here's a possible 3rd:
Google talk (pc to pc voice)
Google Talk - Chat online and make free internet calls

This helps me a lot. Hope its helpful to others. I'd love to hear about more.

Thanks, David, for empowering this consumer (and producer) to stop takin' it lying down, so to speak. Rather than spending another 48 hours being frustrated, waiting for Skype to get back to me, I am excited about testing 3 other possible alternatives!-CP

JV partnership wanted, Lets grow your list for free. Nothing to do with giveaways. PM Now
David_Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 845
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 41
Thanked 117 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: HELP HELP Someone HACK my Skype Account Recharged with Paypal...

Hey,

About a month ago, a hacker charged my paypal account over 300 euros and the billing had been to "Skype". I didn't even have a skype account at the time so obviously it was bogus. The hackers were spoofing the email as skype and hit my account (im assuming its paypal's problem on their backend as I never click on anything in email and am top notch about phishing crap). Long story short, the account was compromised and I was credited back the stolen funds.

Eric Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
account, hack, paypal, recharged, skype

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:10 PM.