1) Create or Download a transparent .png file. (Rick Click and Save Image -->) I use a 10 x 10 square so it isn't noticeable in the ad.
2)Create an imgur account. The only reason I say use imgur is because I know they track views on uploaded images. If you know of another image hosting site, feel free to use them.
3. Upload the transparent image to your imgur account.
4. Once the image is uploaded, click on the thumbnail.
5. Copy the snippet of code under the "HTML Image (websites / blogs)" section.
6. At the bottom of your ad, post the snippet of code. **be sure to either change or erase the title attribute**
7. Now every time the image is loaded (when someone views the ad) it will be tracked by imgur. Just log into your account. Go to your images page. Click the thumbnail of the image. Along the top you will see where it says "Views".
This isn't "up-to-the-minute" tracking, but it's seemed to work out pretty well for me for tracking day to day. It gives you a good idea of how many views you're getting. If I want to track multiple ads, I just upload the image again but with a different name. I hope this helped someone out.