I've been pondering over for a while on how to recruit affiliates when your product isn't listed on Clickbank and PayDotCom.
I'd like to share some of my ideas and would love to learn the strategies other Warriors use to get affiliates (big or small) to promote their latest products. With the recent problems that we all have seen with CB, I'm a bit 'afraid' to list my product there (I do realize I'm losing out on potential affiliates by not doing so though)
The question I'd like to ask is: what do affiliates look for when agreeing to promote a product?
Here's what I feel:
A quality product with a proven record which is EASY to promote.
So that means one needs to have the following things ready when approaching affiliates:
- A good product (goes without saying? Or at least a decent enough product)
- A GOOD salespage (with or without graphics but the copy must be something that can actually SELL the offer)
- Peer reviews of products / Customer testimonials on the salespage
- An affiliate toolkit (AR emails, short reports to giveaway to their lists, banners and other graphics etc.?)
- A handsome/decent commission per sale
- Timely payments
With a product that has its own affiliate product (say, using Rapid Action Profits), we'll need to BUILD that trust. Am I right here?
What do you think? What other tools can be added to your arsenal when approaching affiliates?