Where to get OTOs?

by harrydog 22 replies
Hi Guys
I need a high quality OTO for an offer I am doing with a free WSO. Wheres the best place to get these?
Do I just use a PLR product or can I find a Warrior for this if so how do you find them?

Many thanks in advance
Mark
#main internet marketing discussion forum #otos
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author davejug1
    Yes you can get some PLR products and OTO them, but you're on the right track as well with getting someone else involved. Especially if that person is known you can make some good money off it as an affiliate and make it very personal "My good friend ........ Has made this special offer only to you ....... But you have to act now......... OTO!" etc
    Signature
    FREE List Building help. Click here!

    Yes I do have freebies!

    Expertise comes not through knowledge or skills, but through practice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StunningWarrior
    Originally Posted by harrydog View Post

    I need a high quality OTO for an offer I am doing with a free WSO.
    Most important thing - make sure that the OTO is closely related to your WSO. Don't just stick anything in the OTO page like an increasing number of people are doing.

    If you're in the IM space I'd also be careful about using PLR because everybody knows about it and it is difficult to create something that doesn't look like the source PLR (that people probably have access to via one of the resell rights membership sites) unless you completely rewrite it in which case you might as well create a product from scratch.

    Is it really critical to have a OTO ? The main aim of a free WSO is to build your list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705142].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrydog
      Originally Posted by StunningWarrior View Post

      Most important thing - make sure that the OTO is closely related to your WSO. Don't just stick anything in the OTO page like an increasing number of people are doing.

      If you're in the IM space I'd also be careful about using PLR because everybody knows about it and it is difficult to create something that doesn't look like the source PLR (that people probably have access to via one of the resell rights membership sites) unless you completely rewrite it in which case you might as well create a product from scratch.

      Is it really critical to have a OTO ? The main aim of a free WSO is to build your list.
      Yes you are right building the list is the priority but I was thinking of doing a split test and seeing what the stats were on selling a OTO on the thankyou page as I want to see how response free WSO takers are, as building a list of people who just get free products may not be as responsive as a buyers list, what do you think?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705176].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author StunningWarrior
        Originally Posted by harrydog View Post

        Yes you are right building the list is the priority but I was thinking of doing a split test and seeing what the stats were on selling a OTO on the thankyou page as I want to see how response free WSO takers are, as building a list of people who just get free products may not be as responsive as a buyers list, what do you think?
        Well, yes, to be honest if somebody buys the OTO that qualifies them as a buyer. But if somebody doesn't, that doesn't mean they are not a buyer because maybe they are a buyer but the OTO just wasn't for them. But then if you don't offer an OTO you will never find out...

        So what this is implying is that your OTO needs to be very closely linked to the free WSO so you don't get anybody thinking "huh, another irrelevant and unrelated OTO." If you can get the OTO as a completely logical extension of the WSO, and make it really fantastic value so nobody thinks "nah, I'll buy it later," then maybe these will wheedle out the real buyers.

        So this says to me that you should take the advice of the other contributors to this thread and create the OTO yourself to make sure that it is just right.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5729354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    Just create it yourself.

    Make sure it is related. For example, if your WSO is a report on ranking a website, offer the OTO as a video course on the same subject.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dann Vicker
    You must start learning how to create your own products. That is where the real money is in Internet Marketing. So create an OTO that is unique. You can PM if you want a joint thing.
    Signature

    Looking for high quality solo ad traffic? 200-2000 clicks available/day. Testimonials here. PM me

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705197].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrydog
      Hi Dann
      have Pmed you
      cheers
      Mark
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
    Be careful with PLR.

    Pretty sure it is against WSO terms of service to use PLR (even if this is the OTO).

    I would recommend either creating it yourself or doing some partnership with another marketer.

    -Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705261].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrydog
      Originally Posted by Simon Ashari View Post

      Be careful with PLR.

      Pretty sure it is against WSO terms of service to use PLR (even if this is the OTO).

      I would recommend either creating it yourself or doing some partnership with another marketer.

      -Simon
      Thanks Simon
      not thought about that I know you cant sell PLR as a WSO but did not know that it cant be PLR on a OTO. Would have to create a unique product from PLR then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705287].message }}
  • Originally Posted by harrydog View Post

    Hi Guys
    I need a high quality OTO for an offer I am doing with a free WSO. Wheres the best place to get these?
    Do I just use a PLR product or can I find a Warrior for this if so how do you find them?

    Many thanks in advance
    Mark
    You can find WSO's from the Warrior Plus forum and promote those. If you're marketing to Warriors they will be a lot more likely to respond to a WSO than a normal product. That's been my experience at least.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705826].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrydog
      Originally Posted by TBInternetMarketing View Post

      You can find WSO's from the Warrior Plus forum and promote those. If you're marketing to Warriors they will be a lot more likely to respond to a WSO than a normal product. That's been my experience at least.
      Sorry I may be being completely stupid but whats the "Warrior Plus Forum"

      Also thanks for all your input its been a great help
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705939].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by harrydog View Post

        Sorry I may be being completely stupid but whats the "Warrior Plus Forum"

        Also thanks for all your input its been a great help

        WarriorPlus

        It is one of the programs that we use to ensure product delivery and to manage dime-store sales.
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    You could also present affiliate offers on the backside. Some people make a killing doing just that.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eibhlin
    I agree that the best option is to create a closely-related product yourself. Your customers bought the initial WSO based on your "voice." They'll be happiest with an OTO that matches your attitudes and angles on whatever-it-is.

    The second best is to get someone else involved, whose views are close to your own (so there's no contradiction in advice, between the WSO and the OTO product) and whose reputation is very good. It's disappointing when I buy a product and then -- even before I've opened it -- I'm turned off by the name on the OTO, because I know that person has created substandard products in the past. (It's that "one bad apple" that can -- correctly or not -- affect my opinion of the WSO seller's integrity.)

    So, choose your business partners carefully. Try PMs to people you like and respect. If they aren't able to work with you, they might recommend someone else who'd be an equally good match.

    And, don't just stick to the big names. Some Warriors who've never launched WSOs get their start with OTOs, helping other Warriors. There are some great people at this forum who might leap at the chance to be part of a good WSO, for a percentage of the profits. (However, most will want to see your WSO product and your planned sales page first, to be sure they're comfortable with both.)

    In addition, consider a downsell OTO as opposed to an upsell. That is, aim for a OTO that costs less than the WSO did. I'm seeing a lot of muttering about OTOs and the cost of them, so an OTO has to be very tasty to (a) maintain goodwill, and (b) actually sell. An irresistible price helps.

    Sometimes, instead of an OTO, I prefer to receive a follow-up email -- maybe a week after I've bought the WSO -- that offers a second, related product at half the price it will be when it's released as a WSO or as a CB product. Or something like that. It establishes goodwill and a nice relationship with the seller. I'm more likely to open his or her emails in the future, and take a serious look at whatever's promoted.

    If you choose that option -- a related follow-up product in a week or two -- you can launch your WSO without an OTO. For what looks like an increasing audience, that creates instant goodwill, because it suggests that your product (the WSO) is complete in itself.
    Signature
    Author of "Write Successful Viral Nonfiction Books in 10 Days or Less." (Find it at Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iTunes.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ollarbank
    I'm finding the best OTO is a membership.

    Only 5-7% of signups buy OTO's... and that's if it's cheap and really good.

    The OTO should be related to your free offer. Everybody loves software... and it is far superior to another piece of PLR.

    Find some software with a low cost trial period for your OTO... You will get far more conversions and if it is valuable most will stick with it for 4-5 months.

    If it costs $5 for a one week trial and then automatically bills every month... now that's a good OTO.

    Spend the first 10 days giving your list great advice and free info on your autoresponder to carry them into the first payment... and only then start to sell affiliate products.

    You must build trust... before selling.

    Now you have qualified customers... paying you every month.

    Try it....
    Signature
    Let me - GIVE YOU - right now - 17 FREE VIDEOS - revealing my top MONEY MAKING Twitter secrets and how ANYONE can MAKE $100 per Tweet in just 7 days from now using only 100% FREE methods. Nobody else is doing this and the BEST PART IS - The secrets are yours today - FREE - I will only giving this away for a limited time >>> CLICK HERE for INSTANT ACCESS <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705996].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by ollarbank View Post

      Only 5-7% of signups buy OTO's... and that's if it's cheap and really good.

      I must be an exceptional marketer... I tend to get 35-40% on the second offer. :p
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5706042].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author richrowley
        Originally Posted by tpw View Post

        I must be an exceptional marketer... I tend to get 35-40% on the second offer. :p
        Bill,

        Are you getting this rate using a free WSO first or is this coming in from squeeze page offer/sign up that leads straight to a OTO?

        Thanks

        Rich
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5706311].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by richrowley View Post

          Bill,

          Are you getting this rate using a free WSO first or is this coming in from squeeze page offer/sign up that leads straight to a OTO?

          Thanks

          Rich

          Rich,

          I am closely matching the front offer and back offer.

          The second offer is made immediately after the first paid transaction is completed.

          And the second offer is generally less in price than the main offer.
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5706345].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by tpw View Post

            Rich,

            I am closely matching the front offer and back offer.

            The second offer is made immediately after the first paid transaction is completed.

            And the second offer is generally less in price than the main offer.

            Here is an offer we launched today:





            The top listing is the OTO.
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5707416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikal Laster
    I know this is a Veryy y. Noob'e question
    But what does OTO and PLR stand for?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5706275].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 5 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to Market a book?

    Hi guys. I need help marketing a book. Any suggestions? thanks

  • 4 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to make money online as an 18 year-old?

    I have a real job already, but i also want to have a steady passive income from the internet...any suggestions how ?

  • 55 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    " Great Post, Thanks " Arrrggghhhh

    discrat in Off Topic

    Sorry just felt compelled to write this as I was scouring the Main Forum here today. I see some members ( mostly new but a few old) who felt the ... [read more]

  • 218 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    What is the main reason for the 95% failure rate in internet marketing?

    Here is my take on the matter: Look, a lot of people get into the internet marketing business only because of its huge money-making potential without having a love for ... [read more]

  • 40 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    How to get free content for my newly created blog?

    Hello Friends, Recently I have setup a blog. And just copied 50-60 articles from different sites. Now, I want to get quality content for my blog to increase organic traffic. ... [read more]