Sending friend requests to people you don't know

by 12 comments
Hi, Warriors,

I did as one of the WSO told me, sending friend request to people who don't know me and there is a warning told me this, Sending friend requests to people you don't know can cause my account blocked, only send to friends, colleagues, or people you know. How can I address this problem? I suppose the most serious punishment would be you can't send friend requests to people anymore, or facebook account got blocked, I don't want the last one.
#internet marketing #friend #people #requests #sending

  • Profile picture of the author sodevious
    What's the point of sending friend requests to random people? They won't add you anyways. And if you're doing it for the purposes of promoting a product, most users will see it as spam and may block/report you.
  • Profile picture of the author sacrg793
    Originally Posted by sodevious View Post

    What's the point of sending friend requests to random people? They won't add you anyways. And if you're doing it for the purposes of promoting a product, most users will see it as spam and may block/report you.
    No, I think in most cases, they will add you, imagine yourself on the facebook receiving one friend request, wouldn't you be pleased? In face, the requests I sent out 2 in 10 people would add me. I would not directly promote any product to them, I can get them on my list and do the rest in coming days.
  • Profile picture of the author sodevious
    I would not be pleased receiving a friend request from someone I don't know. In fact, I've got about six sitting in my request box right now.

    Facebook is really personal. What you're doing seems a little intrusive, but to each his own.
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Originally Posted by sodevious View Post

    I would not be pleased receiving a friend request from someone I don't know. In fact, I've got about six sitting in my request box right now.

    Facebook is really personal. What you're doing seems a little intrusive, but to each his own.
    While I agree with what you are saying, I must refer you to Stupid Forum Tricks and ask you to read #7.

    You and I are not the market.

    Anyways, to the OP: you have that warning because you have sent too many friend requests to accounts that are in no way linked to yours (mutual friends, same area/school/work, etc.). That stigma stays for awhile, so proceed with caution.

    I think there are better ways than Facebook to pick up targeted leads; but that's not what this is about.
  • Profile picture of the author sacrg793
    Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

    While I agree with what you are saying, I must refer you to Stupid Forum Tricks and ask you to read #7.

    You and I are not the market.

    Anyways, to the OP: you have that warning because you have sent too many friend requests to accounts that are in no way linked to yours (mutual friends, same area/school/work, etc.). That stigma stays for awhile, so proceed with caution.

    I think there are better ways than Facebook to pick up targeted leads; but that's not what this is about.
    When you approach someone on facebook, adding friends is a short road to take, if you cannot add them as friends, how can you promote any products to them?
  • Profile picture of the author sacrg793
    Originally Posted by sodevious View Post

    I would not be pleased receiving a friend request from someone I don't know. In fact, I've got about six sitting in my request box right now.

    Facebook is really personal. What you're doing seems a little intrusive, but to each his own.
    I don't deny there are people who are not pleased with these requests, but there are always some.
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    Originally Posted by sacrg793 View Post

    When you approach someone on facebook, adding friends is a short road to take, if you cannot add them as friends, how can you promote any products to them?
    Facebook's not about promoting things to people on your friends list. You should really make a kick @$$ FB Page and then target people who would be interested in using it. That's how you can make money with it.

    I've tried doing what you're doing before with a fake account I created. (One of many actually.) I sent out 20-30 friend requests a day and made a fan page that was relevant to the account. It took 5-7 days and then FB closed my account for me. 6 months later I got an email asking if I wanted to get it reviewed, so I applied for their review process and was promptly denied.

    If it can be done wrong in IM, there's a good chance I've done it and can share my experiences with you.

    -- j
  • Profile picture of the author sacrg793
    Originally Posted by JaRyCu View Post

    Facebook's not about promoting things to people on your friends list. You should really make a kick @$$ FB Page and then target people who would be interested in using it. That's how you can make money with it.

    I've tried doing what you're doing before with a fake account I created. (One of many actually.) I sent out 20-30 friend requests a day and made a fan page that was relevant to the account. It took 5-7 days and then FB closed my account for me. 6 months later I got an email asking if I wanted to get it reviewed, so I applied for their review process and was promptly denied.

    If it can be done wrong in IM, there's a good chance I've done it and can share my experiences with you.

    -- j
    Thanks for the share, this is valuable. I don't know why some of the warriors are teaching this but I think it does not work. I know this may lead to closing of the account. Your fanpage got deleted too?
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Originally Posted by sacrg793 View Post

    I don't know why some of the warriors are teaching this but I think it does not work.
    Because with 486k+ members, you can't expect them all to be model citizens. Turn that BS meter up to full power and be wary of WSO's and other products that make grandiose claims. I can only imagine what this one said.
  • Profile picture of the author TheArticlePros
    Originally Posted by sacrg793 View Post

    Thanks for the share, this is valuable. I don't know why some of the warriors are teaching this but I think it does not work. I know this may lead to closing of the account. Your fanpage got deleted too?
    That one did. It was fairly scandalous, so I'm not really surprised.

    I do have another one that I built that has around 1000 members. I did that in 45 days with completely organic traffic, no SEO, and no outside backlinking. It's a year and a half old now and still trucking strong.

    -- j
  • Profile picture of the author ryuchi
    If you want to continue what you are doing then do it slowly. Facebook knows how a real spammer move. They are usually in a hurry with adding friends and are constantly posting promotions and links.

    Try to work on your account with days/week intervals.

    Good luck!
    Ryuchi
  • Profile picture of the author sacrg793
    Originally Posted by ryuchi View Post

    If you want to continue what you are doing then do it slowly. Facebook knows how a real spammer move. They are usually in a hurry with adding friends and are constantly posting promotions and links.

    Try to work on your account with days/week intervals.

    Good luck!
    Ryuchi
    Thanks for your advice, I think I'd proceed with caution and care.

Next Topics on Trending Feed