what happened to my amazon orders

by 13 comments
hi,

I was pretty confident that all the orders that I got from my amazon sites would be credited to me. I had 3 orders for the month of March but only 1 order was shipped; the other two needs to be shipped until this date. Another 1 order for April needs to be shipped to add. I guess there is no way that these orders will gonna be shipped so does it mean that I lost earnings then. Can somebody give me light on this. Thanks.
#internet marketing #amazon #happened #orders
  • Profile picture of the author hernalian
    Originally Posted by tantivy View Post

    hi,

    I was pretty confident that all the orders that I got from my amazon sites would be credited to me. I had 3 orders for the month of March but only 1 order was shipped; the other two needs to be shipped until this date. Another 1 order for April needs to be shipped to add. I guess there is no way that these orders will gonna be shipped so does it mean that I lost earnings then. Can somebody give me light on this. Thanks.
    Don't worry - My order gave nearly 2 month after my order but it was on Amazon but from one of the sellers.

    My question is did you order the products off Amazon or the Amazon Sellers?
    • Profile picture of the author tantivy
      Originally Posted by hernalian View Post

      My question is did you order the products off Amazon or the Amazon Sellers?
      The orders were off amazon...

      Anyway, at least I get a picture now of how it works... so it means that orders does not mean actual sale but potential earning until the order is shipped to call it a sale.

      Life is tough.
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    Originally Posted by tantivy View Post

    hi,

    I was pretty confident that all the orders that I got from my amazon sites would be credited to me. I had 3 orders for the month of March but only 1 order was shipped; the other two needs to be shipped until this date. Another 1 order for April needs to be shipped to add. I guess there is no way that these orders will gonna be shipped so does it mean that I lost earnings then. Can somebody give me light on this. Thanks.
    First, a clarification. You did not 'lose' earnings. Until an order ships, there are no earnings to lose.

    Second, as long as the orders still show 'to be shipped', there is still hope. Sometimes orders get delayed for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is that an item is out of stock in the warehouse and replacements have yet to arrive.

    Third, it's a fact of business. Some orders just never go through, often due to payment problems. Use of stolen credit cards is another one. One of my very first big sales was a pair of large-screen plasma TVs, back when two of them made a 5-figure order. It never shipped, and it turned out that they used a stolen card for the order.

    Wait until someone returns something and the commission is docked from your check, which also happens. That's when I start counting 'lost earnings'...
    • Profile picture of the author SlfMastery
      "tantivy":

      I wondered why some orders never shipped, too. So, I read Amazon's explanation. It basically says when someone places something in their cart they count that as items ORDERED. When they actually ship it counts as items SHIPPED, and you get credited.

      The discrepancy between the two figures could mean the person changed their minds or just couldn't complete the order for whatever reason.

      Bottom line: Amazon did not make a sale and, therefore, neither did you. If and when it gets shipped, you will get credited. But, it does take about 60 days before they actually deposit the money in your account.

      Hope that clarifies your question.

      Charlie
    • Profile picture of the author zonkow
      Have you sold other TVs since then? I have a review site where I make 1500+ words, detailed, well written TV reviews equipped with images and videos. I got clicks but no sales. I'm about to come to believe that people don't buy expensive things like TVs online.

      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      First, a clarification. You did not 'lose' earnings. Until an order ships, there are no earnings to lose.

      Second, as long as the orders still show 'to be shipped', there is still hope. Sometimes orders get delayed for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is that an item is out of stock in the warehouse and replacements have yet to arrive.

      Third, it's a fact of business. Some orders just never go through, often due to payment problems. Use of stolen credit cards is another one. One of my very first big sales was a pair of large-screen plasma TVs, back when two of them made a 5-figure order. It never shipped, and it turned out that they used a stolen card for the order.

      Wait until someone returns something and the commission is docked from your check, which also happens. That's when I start counting 'lost earnings'...
  • Profile picture of the author prismkuet
    When the product will be shipped, then you will be eligible for earning. As long the status is, to be shipped, you can hope fir the best. Thanks to John McCabe for the details answer.
  • Profile picture of the author zonkow
    This thing happened to me several months ago. It was my first sale and I was over the moon but the order never shipped. I mailed amazon and asked the reason. They said the order had been cancelled.
  • Profile picture of the author xtremeapp
    Originally Posted by tantivy View Post

    hi,

    I was pretty confident that all the orders that I got from my amazon sites would be credited to me. I had 3 orders for the month of March but only 1 order was shipped; the other two needs to be shipped until this date. Another 1 order for April needs to be shipped to add. I guess there is no way that these orders will gonna be shipped so does it mean that I lost earnings then. Can somebody give me light on this. Thanks.
    Hi! Don't worry, it might cause a delay but they will surely be shipped to you, however i would recommend you to contact the Amazon's Customer Support immediately, as they can surely guide you in the best and the most effective manner. However there is nothing to worry about, but make sure that you tell the entire details to the Amazon Custom Support, followed by the details of all the orders and tickets etc. I hops this post is helpful to you

Next Topics on Trending Feed