Latly I stumbled over Joe Girard, the Best Salesman in the World. He is also the Inventor of Affiliate Marketing, witch he called "Birddogging" back in the 60th.
Here are some facts about him:
Joe Girard, is an American salesman. He is recognized by the Guiness Book of World Record's as the world's greatest salesman for twelve consecutive years, selling 13,001 cars at a Chevrolet dealership between 1963 and 1978.
- Sold more retail "big ticket" items "one-at-a-time" than any other sales person in any retail industry including houses, boats motor homes, insurance, automobiles, etc.
- Averaged six new retail automobile sales a day (no used automobiles)
- Most new retail sales in one day (18 automobiles)
- Most new retail sales in one month (174 automobiles)
- Most new retail sales in one year (1425 automobiles)
- Most new retail sales in 15 year career (13,001 automobiles)
- All retail, no fleet or wholesale, never in management
After his sales carrier he wrote some books about selling:
- How To Sell Anything To Anybody (1977)
- How To Sell Yourself
- How To Close Every Sale
- Mastering Your Way To The Top
But how did he became the best salesmen in the world?
What I learned so far:
- He didn't lie to his customers
2. Best customer Service
- Customer service first, New sales second!
- He appreciated his customers and co-workers, and told them. Every customer got a happy birthday card from him. Also he invited all his co-workes to a restaurant once a month and told them that he appreciate them.
- He made the customer his friend. Forming a long term relationship.
5. Affiliate Marketing aka Birddogging
- He gave out his Buisness cards to every customer, paying them 25$ for every refferal sale.
If you know more about him and his approach, please share it here in the thread.