Freelancer.com

Go Back   Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
Register Blogs Social Groups CalendarHelp Desk

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 25th September 2012, 07:58 AM   #1
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default some good examples of squeeze pages?

I've seen some people post their first squeeze page on this forum and sometimes they get a lot of scathing criticism, sometimes justified, sometimes a little over the top. But what I'm not seeing is somebody saying "see, this is what a good squeeze page is supposed to look like". So, for those in the know, and who are experts, can you post links to examples of good squeeze pages, those that can act as exemplary models for those beginning? Some of you may say, well, just go on the web and you can find plenty. I can find plenty of squeeze pages, but that's not to say that they're any good, the word "good" or "professional" defined by those who are in the know. Any info appreciated, thanks.

P.S., I've done a search and because this forum does not allow to search for phrases, you get everything but what you're looking for
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Tibor Szalay
War Room Member
 
Tiiberiuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Posts: 184
Thanks: 53
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Well, I think a good squeeze page is the one that converts well. Good means above 60%. Usually the less information you want from people the higher the conversion.

I often go for First name and Email

Examples:

hxxp://www.getaltitude.com/guruproductblueprints/closed.html
hxxp://andyjenkinsblog.com/bl/
hxxp://proseor.com/kwr13/wf/
hxxp://blog.2createawebsite.com/wordpress-tips/wp-starter-tips/


All of these have pretty high opt-in rate.


Hope this helps,
Tibor Szalay

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]........Are You Scared Already?...You SHOULD be!

How I And My Clients Survived EVERY Previous Update ... And Will This One Too!

DO NOT CLICK HERE! (unless you want to rank after Penguin 2.0)
Tiiberiuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 08:21 AM   #3
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Tibor, thanks very much for sharing that. To my eye, those look very good, they don't look spammy. I know others will weigh in with what makes good copy on a squeeze page.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Foul mouth marketer...
War Room Member
 
Manie Amari's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: London/United Kingdom
Posts: 537
Thanks: 103
Thanked 162 Times in 121 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesquaya View Post
But what I'm not seeing is somebody saying "see, this is what a good squeeze page is supposed to look like".
Thats because no one cares. We just want the friging thing to convert. Anything above 40% is good; above 50% is great anything higher and you've found a winner.


Manie


This will NOT be up for long. Get it now whilst You still can. Btw it's FREE...
Manie Amari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 08:29 AM   #5
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Michael Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 252
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 95
Thanked 72 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

When ever I build a squeeze page,

I aim to have:
  • All of my content "above the fold"
  • "High impact" cover for my free product,
  • Arrows pointing to the opt-in box,
  • Compelling Headline, sub-headline and bullet-points..
Sometimes I get up to 60% opt-ins, sometimes the traffic seems to convert less..

All the best..


Michael Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 08:48 AM   #6
HyperActive Warrior
 
SlfMastery's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 272
Thanks: 55
Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesquaya View Post
I've seen some people post their first squeeze page on this forum and sometimes they get a lot of scathing criticism, sometimes justified, sometimes a little over the top. But what I'm not seeing is somebody saying "see, this is what a good squeeze page is supposed to look like". So, for those in the know, and who are experts, can you post links to examples of good squeeze pages, those that can act as exemplary models for those beginning? Some of you may say, well, just go on the web and you can find plenty. I can find plenty of squeeze pages, but that's not to say that they're any good, the word "good" or "professional" defined by those who are in the know. Any info appreciated, thanks.

P.S., I've done a search and because this forum does not allow to search for phrases, you get everything but what you're looking for
Take a look at these simple, picture background type squeeze pages. The big name marketers like Ryan Deiss, Eben Pagen, and Andy Jenkins all have these type of squeeze pages. These guys TEST, so why not leverage off that. Check out some examples on this thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...earners.html#1

**Blueprint To Your First $50 - FREE Now!
**Amazon Associate Reveals How To Make $1500 Fast
32 Money Generating Lessons People Paid $1,000's For - FREE

SlfMastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Steve Lim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 233
Thanks: 11
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Hi, I think for a good squeeze page the layout is important, like where you put you title, opt-in form, product image and description.

The layout design should be simple and clean. So the readers can get the message clearly.

You need a good attractive title and well written description and list down the free offer benefits.

The free offer images must look good and clear in pixel.

Do not put too many links, or others irrelevant content, this will most the focus point.

The opt in form must be big and have clear instruction ask them to fill in their detail in order to download the free offer.

The opt-in form should only request their first name and email.

You can put your photo at the end signature.

Steve Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 09:31 AM   #8
Banned
War Room Member
 
Michael Franklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: Walled Lake, Michigan
Posts: 2,244
Thanks: 16
Thanked 564 Times in 338 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

I don't have the link but there were some great examples where Kim Roach talked about setting up simple but effective squeeze pages. Do search for her material as it is excellent!


Michael Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: United Kingdom.
Posts: 995
Thanks: 84
Thanked 275 Times in 142 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Make it clear what the person who fills in the form will get, who you are, and why they to act now.

Video's work well for branding, but it all depends on what your target niche are used to.

As other's have said make the opt-in box appear without scrolling, and a subtle arrow / use of colour can really draw the eye from the headline to the box will work best.

Lastly don't get hung up on conversion figures as this will vary based on the traffic source, even the best pages will bomb if you buy traffic from bit.fly or solo ads on fiverr.

AndrewStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Marcus Rockey
War Room Member
 
Marcus Rockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 375
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 152
Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

What has always worked best for me is simplicity.

You can have video, graphics, long texts, elaborate graphcis but the best converting squeeze pages for me are simple.

Cut straight to the point and the reader should know within a few seconds what it's all about, what they receive and what they need to do...
Marcus Rockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:39 AM   #11
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manie Amari View Post
Thats because no one cares. We just want the friging thing to convert. Anything above 40% is good; above 50% is great anything higher and you've found a winner.


Manie
Mannie, you definitely have the right attitude, get results is what matters. However, I've seen some critiques here of people's budding squeeze pages, some no worse than a lot I've seen online, so that's why I posted the question.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:40 AM   #12
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post
When ever I build a squeeze page,

I aim to have:
  • All of my content "above the fold"
  • "High impact" cover for my free product,
  • Arrows pointing to the opt-in box,
  • Compelling Headline, sub-headline and bullet-points..
Sometimes I get up to 60% opt-ins, sometimes the traffic seems to convert less..

All the best..
Hi Quantum, these are great tips, appreciate it.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:42 AM   #13
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewStark View Post
Make it clear what the person who fills in the form will get, who you are, and why they to act now.

Video's work well for branding, but it all depends on what your target niche are used to.

As other's have said make the opt-in box appear without scrolling, and a subtle arrow / use of colour can really draw the eye from the headline to the box will work best.

Lastly don't get hung up on conversion figures as this will vary based on the traffic source, even the best pages will bomb if you buy traffic from bit.fly or solo ads on fiverr.
This is good advice too. At present these conversion figure percentages are really going to different depending upon what one is selling, so that's always going to be a variable.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:43 AM   #14
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Franklin View Post
I don't have the link but there were some great examples where Kim Roach talked about setting up simple but effective squeeze pages. Do search for her material as it is excellent!
I will do a search for Kim, there are some people here who always have invaluable advice, and I'm sure she's one of them.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:44 AM   #15
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lim View Post
Hi, I think for a good squeeze page the layout is important, like where you put you title, opt-in form, product image and description.

The layout design should be simple and clean. So the readers can get the message clearly.

You need a good attractive title and well written description and list down the free offer benefits.

The free offer images must look good and clear in pixel.

Do not put too many links, or others irrelevant content, this will most the focus point.

The opt in form must be big and have clear instruction ask them to fill in their detail in order to download the free offer.

The opt-in form should only request their first name and email.

You can put your photo at the end signature.
Steve this is all great stuff, I appreciate it, thanks.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:45 AM   #16
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlfMastery View Post
Take a look at these simple, picture background type squeeze pages. The big name marketers like Ryan Deiss, Eben Pagen, and Andy Jenkins all have these type of squeeze pages. These guys TEST, so why not leverage off that. Check out some examples on this thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...earners.html#1
It's funny that you should mention this. I learned about this recently but they have closed the offer. I would have bought these in a heartbeat. These are definitely your not spammy looking type of pages.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Senior Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,726
Thanks: 233
Thanked 981 Times in 143 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

How about a tip?

Normally I use 2 opt-in boxes and I always put one opt-in box
"above the fold". After the first box I give a detailed description
on what you're about to get after you subscribe and after the text
I'll put the other opt-in box.
John Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:46 AM   #18
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Rockey View Post
What has always worked best for me is simplicity.

You can have video, graphics, long texts, elaborate graphcis but the best converting squeeze pages for me are simple.

Cut straight to the point and the reader should know within a few seconds what it's all about, what they receive and what they need to do...
I will definitely keep this in mind, thanks Marcus.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 25th September 2012, 10:48 AM   #19
HyperActive Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 26
Thanked 46 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: some good examples of squeeze pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Headlines View Post
How about a tip?

Normally I use 2 opt-in boxes and I always put one opt-in box
"above the fold". After the first box I give a detailed description
on what you're about to get after you subscribe. After the text
I'll put the other opt-in box.
Hey, tips are always welcome . It's a good strategy, that way if they move down the page, there's another box waiting for them.
Jeff Gilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace > The Warrior Forum > Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Bookmarks

Tags
examples, good, pages, squeeze

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.